Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

"Is that [thing]?"
"No,it's [other thing]."
"So it's [thing]."

Jonas Albrecht fucked around with this message at 08:25 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Jonas Albrecht posted:

"Is that [thing]?"
"No,it's [other thing]."
"So it's [thing]."

No, my point is that they're not trying to make Hydra look like heroes (though Tom Brevoort's denials that they have anything to do with Nazism are hilarious, yes they're basically the forerunner of Cobra in terms of being a cartoonish, stateless international terrorist organization but the Red Skull, a Nazi, was still a founder and Jack Kirby, a man who killed Nazis, 100% intended them to be a metaphor for fascism) but make Captain America into a authoritarian monster to do some sort of cackhanded "even the best goodness can be corrupted" story. It's worse than what Improbable Lobster was saying basically.

The Sin of Onan
Oct 11, 2012

And below,
watched by eyes of steel
we dreamt

Lightning Lord posted:

No, my point is that they're not trying to make Hydra look like heroes (though Tom Brevoort's denials that they have anything to do with Nazism are hilarious, yes they're basically the forerunner of Cobra in terms of being a cartoonish, stateless international terrorist organization but the Red Skull, a Nazi, was still a founder and Jack Kirby, a man who killed Nazis, 100% intended them to be a metaphor for fascism) but make Captain America into a authoritarian monster to do some sort of cackhanded "even the best goodness can be corrupted" story. It's worse than what Improbable Lobster was saying basically.

That reply was about the Zelda comic, not Marvel.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Lightning Lord posted:

Haha, sorry I am a dipshit and quoted the wrong post.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

The Sin of Onan posted:

That reply was about the Zelda comic, not Marvel.

lol my bad. I'm used to some people yelling at me when I try to explain the situation is something other than just "Marvel likes Nazis now"

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

How is that comic about porridge being porridge (what's wrong with eating porridge) political anyway? Is a weird looking slice of life strip the side career of some hack?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Lightning Lord posted:

How is that comic about porridge being porridge (what's wrong with eating porridge) political anyway? Is a weird looking slice of life strip the side career of some hack?

Imagine the porridge or the person if they were labeled debt

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

It's a daily, character-based comic, so not every strip is gonna be political

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

It's a daily, character-based comic, so not every strip is gonna be political

I think of it as Sweden's JJRose.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

I thought porridge was pretty funny. JRose, Tinsley, and Mac probably do more apolitical latest fad/some gizmo strips in a year anyway. Heaven forbid we see one that's actually good.

E: beaten like a smelly hippie.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

Lightning Lord posted:

I guess it's mocking the practice of giving fancy names to fad foods, but strictly speaking it wouldn't be porridge unless it has been boiled.

Another strip, apparently a feminist attempt at gross-out humour:

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Theres such a thing as menstruation cups? What do you do? Catch the menstruation?

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Hihohe posted:

Theres such a thing as menstruation cups? What do you do? Catch the menstruation?

Yeah. Silicone, usually, you just shove 'em up there and catch the blood with them and boil the poo poo out of them when you're done. Sounds weird but if you get used to them they are way more convenient and less trash than pads or tampons.

They are generally about the size of a shot glass, as it happens.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Do we need every non-political comic of hers?

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Zesty posted:

Do we need every non-political comic of hers?

Why not? The comic is a nice relaxing step away from the constant, crushing right-wing hacks that normally get posted. It's not like the comic is ever all that far away from a political message, even when it's just dealing with normal day to day stuff. I just don't understand the people coming out and complaining about it.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I like it because it forced me to have a conversation with my girlfriend about what Menstruation cups are.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

So goons were happy to tolerate dbd for years even though it wasn't political half the time but cool swedish femitoons are right out?

There's a Stockholm syndrome joke it there somewhere, I just know it.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Kopijeger posted:

I guess it's mocking the practice of giving fancy names to fad foods, but strictly speaking it wouldn't be porridge unless it has been boiled.

Another strip, apparently a feminist attempt at gross-out humour:

Buttericks is a store that sells novelty items and rents out costumes.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

Just to be clear before I get destroyed I wasn't complaining, just wondering why those comics were being posted in this thread.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Lightning Lord posted:

Just to be clear before I get destroyed I wasn't complaining, just wondering why those comics were being posted in this thread.

Complaining about those comics being posted is appropriate

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

But they're kinda cute, and the brunette looks sorta like Reggie Mantle

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

Kopijeger posted:

It's not exactly a fad either. Fairly common breakfast dish that's been around for a hundred years or so.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Duckbag posted:

So goons were happy to tolerate dbd for years even though it wasn't political half the time but cool swedish femitoons are right out?

There's a Stockholm syndrome joke it there somewhere, I just know it.
Goons are hateful bitter cynics. We don't come here to enjoy things nice, we come here to enjoy hating things abhorrent. If it doesn't make me contemplate hurling myself off a bridge to end the madness, what's the point?! I say, what is the point?!

Feed me bile and tripe for I hunger!

I like the comics, awful type formatting aside, so keep them coming

World Famous W fucked around with this message at 10:15 on May 11, 2017

Sardine Wit
Sep 3, 2004

Zelda is cool and good if not world-changing and having a new comic every now and then is a Good Thing.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I'm sure there are no threads about comics to be found on the forums of somethingawful.com

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

Despera posted:

I'm sure there are no threads about comics to be found on the forums of somethingawful.com

Okay dude, what's your cut-off for political content then? Cause if Zelda doesn't meet it, we should probably not be posting JRRose or Prickly City, and maybe not even drinky duck, since they aren't political all the time either.

Edit: in case it isn't obvious, this is a dumb argument on purpose

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Refried Hero posted:

Okay dude, what's your cut-off for political content then? Cause if Zelda doesn't meet it, we should probably not be posting JRRose or Prickly City, and maybe not even drinky duck, since they aren't political all the time either.

But they usually are

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
The cutoff I'd make if forced at gunpoint is that a political cartoon comments on current events, not just general ideology stuff

I like Zelda though and if it moved to another thread I probably wouldn't follow it so keep it here please

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Y'all can survive Zelda.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Y'all can survive Zelda.

I wouldn't mind the non political aspect if they weren't so loving terrible. So cold porrage! Hilarious!

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
I like Zelda, and I also like the horrible text formatting. In a way, it's very fitting. If we're gonna get something good, we should at least suffer a little for it.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Despera posted:

I wouldn't mind the non political aspect if they weren't so loving terrible. So cold porrage! Hilarious!

Matt Bors is the only unironically funny artist who gets posted here, so you should be used to it by now.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009
https://twitter.com/wrackune/status/862454234612027392

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Matt Bors is the only unironically funny artist who gets posted here, so you should be used to it by now.

Even the non funny ones have something to say. But drinking from a menstruation cup, golly the wit!

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Despera posted:

Even the non funny ones have something to say. But drinking from a menstruation cup, golly the wit!

Oh gently caress off you tedious assclown.

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan
Heads up, gang, we have a cartoon purist here. Only the best for this guy, please.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Starshark posted:

Oh gently caress off you tedious assclown.

Rather be that then defend that poo poo, non political comic.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
So cold porridge? What a loving punchline!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
An empty box with the word "debt" would have more to say and not require squinting to read all the while being funnier

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Despera posted:

An empty box with the word "debt" would have more to say and not require squinting to read all the while being funnier

What would it be saying?

• Locked thread