Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Jonas Albrecht posted:

What would it be saying?

Debt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Okay, but like is the empty box signifying that we've got no DEBT, or that DEBT is a useful thing, or are we preparing for more DEBT by acquiring and labeling a box for it?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

gently caress off with the Zelda hate, I need a gasp of fresh air to stomach the poo poo that is usual comics in this thread and if you can't stand a politics-driven daily strip that doesn't rub its message into your nose further than an icepick then take the unsubtle drunk duck lobotomy out with ye

Refried Hero
Jan 22, 2006

King of the grill

thecluckmeme posted:

gently caress off with the Zelda hate, I need a gasp of fresh air to stomach the poo poo that is usual comics in this thread and if you can't stand a politics-driven daily strip that doesn't rub its message into your nose further than an icepick then take the unsubtle drunk duck lobotomy out with ye

I dunno man, if I don't like something, no one else is allowed to like it either. That's just how things work, right?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Refried Hero posted:

I dunno man, if I don't like something, no one else is allowed to like it either. That's just how things work, right?

I wholeheartedly agree

*pallid fingers tremble around the lever labeled *DEBT/NO DEBT*"

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Hey, I'm all for keeping Zelda. She's a good and clever cartoonist, ya? But let's face it, we need balance. For every Doonesbury there must be a Mallard. Bring back DBD

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Mantis42 posted:

Hey, I'm all for keeping Zelda. She's a good and clever cartoonist, ya? But let's face it, we need balance. For every Doonesbury there must be a Mallard. Bring back DBD

Crawl in a hole, cover it in traced Hentai, and dig yourself out within 4 years. Same difference

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
At this point I'm amazed there isn't like a beautiful mind scene on paper with just the words debt spiraling out into the infinite. Or trying to make equations and other words with D E B T.

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

If you want Nordic right-wing cartoons for balance, here's some. These are printed in the official paper of the True Finns.

Finnish celeb priest who helped refugees momentarily planned to move to Tanzania due to harassment. Yes, the newspaper name literally translates to "Ooga Booga Times".

Social Democrats are trying sell MORE DEBT, MORE TAXES and MORE REGULATIONS

Finnish Broadcasting Corporation planned to do a show about the Quran, which apparently meant that a far-right politician's drunken ramblings about how "a man shouts in a minaret at 4 in the morning, that's nice to listen" are coming true...?

Welfare service doesn't help granny but gives terrorists all the money they need! This is a thing that actually happens and not something Kalle just made up on the spot.

Then-EU Commissioner Olli Rehn: literally a vulture with a scythe

Finns used to be big tough men, now we are apparently histrionic gay stereotypes.

A LADYPRIEST marries gay stereotypes in the name of the Beelzebub while a bishop drives Christians out to Hell from the church. Allah worship at 15, Atheist coffee session at 17. I'm not sure True Finns actually published this one.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA

Stefu posted:

A LADYPRIEST marries gay stereotypes in the name of the Beelzebub while a bishop drives Christians out to Hell from the church. Allah worship at 15, Atheist coffee session at 17. I'm not sure True Finns actually published this one.
Why are they all floating?

Also holy poo poo those are awful.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Stefu
Feb 4, 2005

World Famous W posted:

Why are they all floating?

Also holy poo poo those are awful.

This cartoonist drew all characters as floating stick-leg figures for a while, I have no idea why.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Stefu posted:

Finnish Broadcasting Corporation planned to do a show about the Quran, which apparently meant that a far-right politician's drunken ramblings about how "a man shouts in a minaret at 4 in the morning, that's nice to listen" are coming true...?

The far-right politician in question:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fjH2D59X70

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

I'm sure you're all sick of cartoons about this story by now, but there's not really anything happening in Germany.
2 titled "The next dismissal"

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

hi who's the brit politician who gets drawn with a butt for a nose

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

oddium posted:

The one in the gimp mask?

Bonfire Lit
Jul 9, 2008

If you're one of the sinners who caused this please unfriend me now.

Dr Cheeto posted:

The one in the gimp mask?
George Osborne

e: it's a ballsack though, not a butt

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

oddium posted:

The new editor of the London Evening Standard newspaper, Gideon Oliver Osborne.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/muskrat_john/status/862496231771308032

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

DBD was a cancer to the thread and Zelda is shaping up to be the same
at least post political ones

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
eat a menstrual cup

Scatsby
Dec 25, 2007

I forgot about the high standards of this thread. Better stop posting Zelda so we can get more hot takes like "Buttfuckville Junior High Volleyball Team Becomes State Champions" and "I'm In A Desert and Sad."

Ekster
Jul 18, 2013

Zelda is bad and uninteresting.

Thanks for reading my valuable input.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Dork Tower is still around? Wow.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Tiberius Christ posted:

DBD was a cancer to the thread and Zelda is shaping up to be the same
at least post political ones

All the comparisons to DBD are intensely unfair. Zelda's art is so much better that it's actually good (:monocle:), and while a lot of the political content does revolve around pwning strawmen, the storylines in the comic aren't anywhere near as nonsensical as DBD's email-forward-chain-fueled fever dreams and the author-avatar character doesn't feel lifted from a 9-year-old's crayon scribblings.

Someone once called it an inverse Adam4d with better art and I think that's closer to the mark, although I think the most apt analogy would be "if David Willis was less obsessed with children's cartoons and toys"

That said though we really don't need to stop posting it; it's increasingly seeming to fit in here better than Prickly City ever does

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

What's the number one threat to America right now?

It's obviously legal pot.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Drugs are cool, AGC

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I thought that was the Canadian flag for a minute

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

DariusLikewise posted:

I thought that was the Canadian flag for a minute

If it was a maple leaf instead of a pot leaf it could be read as an argument that single-payer healthcare causes more people to get addicted to prescription meds, which, while I don't think it's true, is actually a new and original take on an extremely relevant issue which I don't think I've seen argued anywhere

so of course it's just more dumb weed fearmongering instead of that. Cartoonists don't make up their own talking points, that'd be silly!

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I don't remember this part of Steel Ball Run.

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

DbD is like Hitler or Nixon or Citizen Kane in that you need to think real hard before using it as a point of comparison.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Stefu posted:

Finns used to be big tough men, now we are apparently histrionic gay stereotypes.

Ahahaha, the weakling is drawn as a Fingerpori guy!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Telnaes' Trump is slowly morphing into the Goblin King.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Telnaes' Sessions owns

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stefu posted:

Ah yes, the halcyon days of apemen punching rocks while yelling.

D.N. Nation posted:

Telnaes' Trump is slowly morphing into the Goblin King.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3v7nQi3OaM

https://twitter.com/MKupperman/status/628266485731958784

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 11, 2017

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Stefu posted:

I can't believe the artist looked at the guy on the left and went "yes, this is a good representation of our glorious past, i wish we had more men like this around".

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Lol at all the CHWMs itt who make certain their bad opinions about a Good and feminist comic are well known

Zelda is good, deal with it goons

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

thecluckmeme posted:

Zelda isn't really that unsubtle though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Ekster posted:

ZeldaEvery comic itt is bad and uninteresting.

Thanks for reading my valuable input.

• Locked thread