Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

shovelbum posted:

is it not ok to have extra ice cream if youre the prez? I would probably

its ok if you can actually function as potus in other respects but tromp cannot

ed

b a l l s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Remember when bill clinton did this or are we supposed to forget lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
the white house has a full time pastry chef on staff and if you're not taking advantage of that you're a fool

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
WH kitchen staff is doing Gods work trying to kill off the piss pig.

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

That entire Time article is worth reading every word.

:lol:

Which article?

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

has to b Christie with that quote

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

D1E posted:

LOL Diet Coke.

Trump is like a caricature of his base: a wrestlemania-watching ignorant racist bootlicking moron who swills diet soda by the gallon.

Except that's really exactly who he is.

He's a mirror of America

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

jBrereton posted:

william jeff followed procedure when he did it so the entire federal government wasnt left shocked and reeling - i was alive then and can recall no comparisons to archie cox

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

my country!
Trump!
*jerks off*

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

a.lo posted:

my country!
Trump!
*jerks off*

*furiously pounds chest*

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

I find the job very natural for me. I find–it’s a very big job obviously, there’s no job big like this. No job is important like this. But I think some of the–I just think it’s something that works for me, it feels very natural to me.
And all I said, the job, it is, it’s a difficult job but it’s a job that I find to be–I love doing it. I love helping people. Mike [Pence] is doing a fantastic job. He fits it so well. I mean we have a great team, he and I guess, they say we’re somewhat opposite and that works to be a very good combination.

But in a short period of time I understood everything there was to know about health care. And we did the right negotiating, and actually it’s a very interesting subject.

http://time.com/4775040/donald-trump-time-interview-being-president/

he has no idea what he's doing

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

Elephanthead posted:

WH kitchen staff is doing Gods work trying to kill off the piss pig.

I can imagine a guy in the kitchen slipping in an extra paddy of butter into his breakfast, swapping out diet coke with regular, sugar instead of spelnda. Knowing quietly that each extra calorie brings him closer to his inevitable heart attack.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

i like to imagine he was yelling at a dude trying to take a dump

"nobody can stop this dump, nobody"

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

jBrereton posted:

Sessions was dead to rights on ethics violations as it was, and Clinton had spent quite a bit of time trying to get him to resign with some remaining tattered shreds of dignity but he just kept refusing, also this:

Crusader posted:

william jeff followed procedure when he did it so the entire federal government wasnt left shocked and reeling - i was alive then and can recall no comparisons to archie cox

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Joementum posted:

in which the president presents a reporter fromThe Economist with an Econ 101 pop quiz

https://twitter.com/tom_nuttall/status/862598241333989376

"have you heard about gravity before? i came up with it yesterday, amazing force"

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

And a big baby who wants his two scoops of ice cream with his cake

https://twitter.com/dandrezner/status/862643360699428865

pence likes fruits ??

Augus posted:

there isn't gonna be a 2018 election lol

lol

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Sir Tonk posted:

"have you heard about gravity before? i came up with it yesterday, amazing force"

ive only heard of the downforce

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

The Nastier Nate posted:

I can imagine a guy in the kitchen slipping in an extra paddy of butter into his breakfast, swapping out diet coke with regular, sugar instead of spelnda. Knowing quietly that each extra calorie brings him closer to his inevitable heart attack.

"A single wafer-thin mint, Mr. President?"

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Thread title.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Seconded.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

When's that Holt interview?

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!
Here's one of those stories that's going to put the Onion out of business:

White cop sues city, chief for racism: Ancestry.com says he's part black

quote:

GRAND RAPIDS, MI - A Hastings police sergeant says he has been subjected to racial taunts within the department after he took a genetic test through Ancestry.com that showed he was 18 percent black.

Sgt. Cleon Brown said the police chief called him, "Kunte," a character in Alex Haley's novel, "Roots: The Saga of an American Family," while officers whispered, "Black Lives Matter" and pumped fists as they walked past.

The mayor, who retired in January, told racial jokes, he said.

At Christmas, the department hung stockings with names of the officers on a Christmas tree. A black Santa Claus figurine - with "18%" written on its white beard - was put in Brown's stocking.

Brown filed a federal lawsuit alleging state and federal civil-rights violations and violation of the state's Whistleblowers' Protection Act. He claims intentional infliction of emotional distress.

He has sued the city of Hastings, police Chief Jeff Pratt, City Manager Jeff Mansfield, Deputy Chief Dale Boulter and Sgt. Kris Miller.

The city says Brown is to blame.

Mansfield released a statement by the city in response to Brown's claim of discrimination.

The city contends that the police chief ordered racial comments to cease, and said Brown started "the joking and banter."

"Sgt. Brown, in a very joking and jovial manner, informed several of his fellow officers that he had recently taken a DNA test through Ancestry.com and the results showed that he was 18% African American."

The city said Ancestry.com's website didn't include "African American" as a possible test result.

"Ancestry.com's website also states that the test results do not definitively reveal where a person's ancestors actually originated; only that there are shared characteristics in genes, which might or might not indicate a person's ancestors are actually from that geographic area," the city said.

The city said the topic would be forgotten before Brown would bring it up again. It would result in "mutual bantering" with officers about their heritage, the city said. Brown engaged in "typical racial stereotypes," the city said.

"After a month or so of Brown originally bringing it up, even that ended," the city said.

During the Christmas season, the black Santa was put in Brown's stocking. It was removed and an officer shared concerns with the chief. Brown told the chief he was not upset, and the chief, Pratt, told him to be proud of his African heritage, the city said.

Pratt then told officers there would be no further joking about Brown's heritage. Pratt was concerned that Brown was initiating racial comments.

"The officer who placed the Santa in Brown's stocking then went to Brown to apologize ... since he heard that Brown was upset ... . Sgt. Brown emphatically denied that he ever complained about it or that he was upset or offended by it and he even seemed confused that the issue was being raised," the city said.

The city said that it's uncertain that Brown is part of a protected class under civil-rights laws, even assuming that the Ancestry.com test results are valid. Racial discrimination laws are "not designed to protect those who can demonstrate some trace amount of a particular race or geographic origin ... ," the city said.

Brown served seven years in the U.S. Army and was 30-percent combat disabled.

He was hired by Hastings in 1998. He was a "decorated" police sergeant and earned two life-saving awards, the lawsuit said.

His troubles at the department began last fall after he told colleagues about results of genetic test that took him by surprise, his lawsuit said.

He said Pratt called him "Kunte" in front of other officers.

Brown said he responded: "I cannot believe you just called me that!" Others laughed, he said.

Others started whispering, "Black Lives Matter," he said.

Former Mayor Frank Campbell told him, "Oh, you'll be alright," the lawsuit said.
Eight days later, Campbell saw Brown and another officer leaving the police station.

"Mayor Campbell saw (Brown), smiled, and said: 'Hey, I got a joke for you guys,' and proceeded to tell a racist joke using the word, 'Negroid,' at least two or three times," the lawsuit said.

On Jan. 4, Brown filed a discrimination complaint with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission. Soon, the defendants were aware of the complaint.

Brown's attorney, Karie Boylan, contends that the chief and deputy chief then "conducted highly coercive, offensive, intimidating employee interviews asking only leading questions."

She said the defendants "unfriended" Brown on Facebook, and would not allow him to play in annual charity basketball games.

She said the city manager ignored him while the police chief either ignored him or was "curt." Pratt also asked Brown to return to patrol officer, rather than sergeant, the lawsuit said.

"Based on the openly hostile, retaliatory behaviors displayed by the Defendants (the City Manager, Police Chief, the Deputy Chief, one of four sergeants, and one of seven Officers), and tacit approval of Defendant's conduct by many other Hastings officers, it is more likely than not, Plaintiff will not have adequate back up in the event of an emergency," Boylan wrote.

While the city says it responded immediately and appropriately, Boylan said no investigations have taken place.

"Not surprising in light of the fact that the Mayor, City Manager, Chief of Police, Deputy Chief and one of the four Sergeants are the primary instigators of the discrimination, harassment and/or retaliation."

She said the stress has affected his health, and he may not be medically able to continue working.

http://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/index.ssf/2017/05/white_cop_accuses_others_of_ra.html

They wouldn't let him play in any police office games :(

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Harlock posted:

I’ll say anybody ever see the Oval Office? Nobody’s ever said they’ve seen the Oval Office. President Obama was different. He didn’t, not a lot of people invited in. Me, I invite people in. ... And it means something, the Oval Office. It means something to them. I’m telling you I’ve had big people, some of the biggest business people, you’ve seen it. They go in they’re like, they can’t believe it. And I’ve seen them cry. It’s weird.

not a lot of people (from trump's social circle) allowed in

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Pollyanna posted:

When's that Holt interview?

Today, oh Jesus

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
this is all real by the way. this is something the president said to a reporter

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

we all from Africa

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Joementum posted:

the digital

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Joementum posted:

what the gently caress

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

i am a son of Africa

UFOTacoMan
Sep 22, 2005

Thanks easter bunny!
bok bok!

Sir Tonk posted:

"Also discovered this thing I'm going to call object permanence, it's great, you're going to love it."

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

can we get a reporter to ask him what nafta stands for?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
"You going to goddamned steam"

Serf
May 5, 2011

euphronius posted:

we all from Africa

never forget dick dorkins wearing a shirt that read "we are all africans"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

trump is a completely loving stupid ignorant racist with dementia

what is new

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.
Morning folks!

Trump will get away with firing comey because the republicans control everything and are hardcore fascist ideologues who don't give two flying fucks about what you think or about killing 24 million people because they know America is a deeply complacent country that will never physically harm them so they can keep chugging along in their gerrymandered districts and completely shred what people thought were laws but turned out to be hollow traditions and the democrats who by the way have the exact same sources of funding as the republicans and are essentially paid to lose won't allow itself to change in time to do any real damage or attract any voters because at the end of the day the GOP is well fortified in a wall of scared fat whites who spite their neighbors while jerking off to the Bible and scream COMMUNISM when you try to give them medicine. Now we're gonna see the FBI tranform into the Keebler Elf Confederate Gilead force and really there's nothing you can goddamn do about it.

Have a nice day!

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Harlock posted:

I’ll say anybody ever see the Oval Office? Nobody’s ever said they’ve seen the Oval Office. President Obama was different. He didn’t, not a lot of people invited in. Me, I invite people in. ... And it means something, the Oval Office. It means something to them. I’m telling you I’ve had big people, some of the biggest business people, you’ve seen it. They go in they’re like, they can’t believe it. And I’ve seen them cry. It’s weird.

I can well believe that the sight of Trump in the Oval Office would move people to tears.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

who is dick dorkins

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Al-Saqr posted:

Morning folks!

Have a nice day!

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
President demented so what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Al-Saqr posted:

Morning folks!

Trump will get away with firing comey because the republicans control everything and are hardcore fascist ideologues who don't give two flying fucks about what you think or about killing 24 million people because they know America is a deeply complacent country that will never physically harm them so they can keep chugging along in their gerrymandered districts and completely shred what people thought were laws but turned out to be hollow traditions and the democrats who by the way have the exact same sources of funding as the republicans and are essentially paid to lose won't allow itself to change in time to do any real damage or attract any voters because at the end of the day the GOP is well fortified in a wall of scared fat whites who spite their neighbors while jerking off to the Bible and scream COMMUNISM when you try to give them medicine. Now we're gonna see the FBI tranform into the Keebler Elf Confederate Gilead force and really there's nothing you can goddamn do about it.

Have a nice day!

you didn't say "reminder "

• Locked thread