Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

InitialDave posted:

The thing is, if we (as a species or as a given country) really wanted to step up space tech stuff, it's not that expensive in big picture terms. I worked it out once and I think the entire Apollo programme, start to finish and adjusted for inflation, cost less than a year of the NHS.

So if the US is going to continue to gently caress people on healthcare, you could at least spend the money on something cool like big loving rockets.

So what you're saying is, if I got cancer and decided I wanted to just die they could put me in a rocket and fire me into space? Sounds cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.

Olympic Mathlete posted:

So what you're saying is, if I got cancer and decided I wanted to just die they could put me in a rocket and fire me into space? Sounds cool.
Dignitas Orbital Ltd. You heard it here first, folks.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

InitialDave posted:

The thing is, if we (as a species or as a given country) really wanted to step up space tech stuff, it's not that expensive in big picture terms. I worked it out once and I think the entire Apollo programme, start to finish and adjusted for inflation, cost less than a year of the NHS.

So if the US is going to continue to gently caress people on healthcare, you could at least spend the money on something cool like big loving rockets.

Our present Congress is unstoppably furious about the ACA, a program which self-funds.

We no longer have the political will to make something like the Apollo program happen, unless there's some pussy on the moon for President Trump to grab.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

The Royal Nonesuch posted:

Right, but if a highspeed train crashes in China and your Uncle is killed you will probably get drunk and smoke a cigarette and go to work the next morning (at the highspeed-train railswitch factory). If a highspeed train crashes in the US and your Uncle is killed, you will immediately retain a lawyer(s), create a class-action lawsuit and sue any corporate entity who ever touched that train into oblivion.

The Industrial Revolution only happened because lawsuits weren't A Thing at the time.

China is blowing many other Western countries away with their technological and infrastructure advancements. That is going to put them in a much better position in the future. They have enough high speed rail to cross the US with almost 4 separate routes. They are abandoning coal to pursue renewables.

Yes, their workplace protection is absolutely lacking. But you cannot point to that as a moral outrage unless you do not buy anything imported from China made with those same near-slaves.

We are all culpable -- with stupid-cheap tools, electronics, toys, things, etc. -- because we willingly engage in buying those things that we KNOW are made by people that are unfairly toiling.

We are living a good life on the backs of millions of Chinese workers. At least their country is using some of that labor to advance their civilization, too.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

That night we performed the rite and opened the gate.
Halfway through, I went to fix us both a coke float.
By the time I got back, he'd gone insane.
Plus, he'd left the gate open and there was evil everywhere.

InitialDave posted:

Dignitas Orbital Ltd. You heard it here first, folks.

Sign me up.

On a completely different note it seems I have adopted a petrol head who decided that student loans were not bad enough and saddled himself with $27k auto loan for a 27 year old R32 GTR, so 1 k per year the car is old. This kind of happened as he brought it to cars and coffee last weekend and it was in decent shape but you know 27 years old. Get talking about it and oh the 4wd system isn't working so I get him to pop the bonnet and yep the fuse is missing so that probably means someone in the past was trying to to slide the thing about. So that started an hour long odyssey where we go over everything end to end and make a list of all the things that need doing. The usual stuff like HICAS joints are hosed and good luck finding some in the US so told him to get a lockout bar for the time being and a bunch of the wires that sit near the hotside of the intercooler were fried which control the water temp sensor which is why his hot starting was hard, a bunch of little things.

So he doubles down gets sp,e the little things done and even gets a HICAS lockout bar shipped overnight so that problem is solved for now. After all that he drops the bomb that he isn't sure if he likes how it drives, feels slow and all that. It is down on power due to needing a new O2 sensor since there is one that sits above the turbos that gets killed with age but it runs ok just a little rich. So I get in and have him show me how he drives it. First thing first he is spending all his time concentrating on not driving over two lanes due to being RHD so we have to work on that and then he just being way to gentle with it. Progressively opening the throttle and not throwing it in corners. Get him to just start stamping on the throttle and steer where he wants to go and let the now functional 4wd system handle it. We start getting a little slide from the rare before the computer catches it and points the car right where you wanted it to go. He starts to get it and be more aggressive and the switch kind of clicks and he understands that it is a decently fast car not because it has huge power compared to modern cars but because it can carry so much speed through corners and just handles it for you. One more convert to the Cult of JDM.

I wake up about an hour ago and have 4 messages from the guy asking for recommendations on what modifications because he wants to make it a 10 second car now and be all :rice: probably won't like the answer of get the engine rebuilt first so it can handle any modifications reliably since it is his only car :v:

tldr: I help a kid fix his Skyline and show him the true joy of JDM GTROOO POWWWAAARRROOO

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BigPaddy posted:

Sign me up.

On a completely different note it seems I have adopted a petrol head who decided that student loans were not bad enough and saddled himself with $27k auto loan for a 27 year old R32 GTR, so 1 k per year the car is old. This kind of happened as he brought it to cars and coffee last weekend and it was in decent shape but you know 27 years old. Get talking about it and oh the 4wd system isn't working so I get him to pop the bonnet and yep the fuse is missing so that probably means someone in the past was trying to to slide the thing about. So that started an hour long odyssey where we go over everything end to end and make a list of all the things that need doing. The usual stuff like HICAS joints are hosed and good luck finding some in the US so told him to get a lockout bar for the time being and a bunch of the wires that sit near the hotside of the intercooler were fried which control the water temp sensor which is why his hot starting was hard, a bunch of little things.

So he doubles down gets sp,e the little things done and even gets a HICAS lockout bar shipped overnight so that problem is solved for now. After all that he drops the bomb that he isn't sure if he likes how it drives, feels slow and all that. It is down on power due to needing a new O2 sensor since there is one that sits above the turbos that gets killed with age but it runs ok just a little rich. So I get in and have him show me how he drives it. First thing first he is spending all his time concentrating on not driving over two lanes due to being RHD so we have to work on that and then he just being way to gentle with it. Progressively opening the throttle and not throwing it in corners. Get him to just start stamping on the throttle and steer where he wants to go and let the now functional 4wd system handle it. We start getting a little slide from the rare before the computer catches it and points the car right where you wanted it to go. He starts to get it and be more aggressive and the switch kind of clicks and he understands that it is a decently fast car not because it has huge power compared to modern cars but because it can carry so much speed through corners and just handles it for you. One more convert to the Cult of JDM.

I wake up about an hour ago and have 4 messages from the guy asking for recommendations on what modifications because he wants to make it a 10 second car now and be all :rice: probably won't like the answer of get the engine rebuilt first so it can handle any modifications reliably since it is his only car :v:

tldr: I help a kid fix his Skyline and show him the true joy of JDM GTROOO POWWWAAARRROOO

:psyduck: He took out a $27k loan for that :psyduck:

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

cakesmith handyman posted:

Shut up dude. Coming from a guy who openly felates Apple products your comments all sounds pretty loving shallow and stupid. Go for a run with your dog then drink a shower beer.

100% this. At least Musk is trying to do things that better humanity, and doesn't just shill the same poo poo every loving year to people who gobble it down.

All companies are poo poo, all tech is a rip off, BACK TO THE CAVES BITCHES.

ps its almost Friday thank our Lord and Savior Elon Musk, Electrified be his Name.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, I danced around that topic as chastising someone you don't really know for poor financial choices is a bit of a faux pas so I just tried to help him at least get the thing to a decent point. The prices for not just these but anything in Japan that can be imported to the US and has a bit of a cult following are really high right now and I don't think it is sustainable, especially once the R33s become legal to import. They made 40k+ R32 GTRs and there are always plenty available so once the initial rush has died off I expect the prices to come down a little. Personally once I have the space to start a collection of rust and faded dreams I will likely buy one already in the US with a title that has a blown engine since then I can make sure it is built how I want and have it preped for a single turbo conversion with a decent chunk more boost.

VVV I think they are doing a documentary on it right now, it is called Mega City One

BigPaddy fucked around with this message at 13:56 on May 11, 2017

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Siochain posted:

100% this. At least Musk is trying to do things that better humanity, and doesn't just shill the same poo poo every loving year to people who gobble it down.

All companies are poo poo, all tech is a rip off, BACK TO THE CAVES BITCHES.

ps its almost Friday thank our Lord and Savior Elon Musk, Electrified be his Name.

Better humanity in whose image? I for one don't wish to live in Elon Musk's twisted techno libertarian hellscape thank you very much

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BigPaddy posted:

Yeah, I danced around that topic as chastising someone you don't really know for poor financial choices is a bit of a faux pas so I just tried to help him at least get the thing to a decent point. The prices for not just these but anything in Japan that can be imported to the US and has a bit of a cult following are really high right now and I don't think it is sustainable, especially once the R33s become legal to import. They made 40k+ R32 GTRs and there are always plenty available so once the initial rush has died off I expect the prices to come down a little. Personally once I have the space to start a collection of rust and faded dreams I will likely buy one already in the US with a title that has a blown engine since then I can make sure it is built how I want and have it preped for a single turbo conversion with a decent chunk more boost.

I've never been sat in an RB26 with a big single turbo despite knowing a dude that has a daddy 600bhp one, mainly because he breaks it every other week. A friend has a stock R32GTR with the twin setup and that thing is brutally fast, he's still got the big yellow restrictor in place so it's running reduced amounts of boost. Are singles the way to go on these then? I've no clue about such matters.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Beverly Cleavage posted:

Buncha dudes getting worked up on the Steve Jobs of the science-tech sector itt.

Unrelated... Mother's Day soon boys. Be ready!

Mother's Day Pro Tip: If you're gonna get your mom flowers, find a local flower shop to her and call them up directly. If you're lucky, they'll take a CC over the phone and you can just give them a dollar amount and tell them to make something pretty. I've done this several times now and the arrangements always turn out awesome. The florists probably appreciate a chance to get creative and build something they want rather than something out of a book. I get really lucky as my mom lives in a pretty small town so the florist actually knows what she likes and can put something together specifically for her tastes.

DOWN WITH BIG FLOWER.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

fridge corn posted:

Better humanity in whose image? I for one don't wish to live in Elon Musk's twisted techno libertarian hellscape thank you very much

Better image than Steve Jobs/Tim Cook's apple-induced shitstorm. I mean, Musk is no Bill Gates, but trying to push renewable resources at a breakneck pace is absolutely bettering humanity. Hell, even if Gen 1 of his solar roof tiles are crap, someone (whether him or another crazy mad scientist-supporter) will do it properly/cheaper/etc.The dude is far from a savior, but he's at least trying. Comon Corn, you can troll better than this, I know your not a Trump supporter or some other dumb poo poo.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

For big power most go for a single larger turbo to replace the smaller twins due to ease of installation since you can get rid of a lot of clutter and most of the time you go for a top mount since the space where the standard twins usually go is pretty cramped. This is not just the case on RB26s but common on JZ and 13b upgrades as well. The twin turbo systems are great in theory but overly complicated and difficult to tune in comparison to a large single. Of course it is never as simple as that and there is a pretty good video and FAQ about twins vs singles on an RB26

http://motivedvd.com/motive/2015/07/31/rb26-twins-vs-single-mythbusted-frequently-asked-questions-and-statements/

The main outcome is use what is best for the application you have in mind. Want huge power for the drags? Large single top mount is the way to go.

By now a lot of people are replacing the original turbos due to age and the ceramic turbines having a habit of shattering due to vibrations when the bearings start to go which of course usually means your bottom end and valves are going to be screwed when all that crap is pulled through the engine. There are places that will take the standard turbo units and upgrade them to steel turbines and refresh everything which is what I would do if I wanted to keep a car as standard as possible while making it more reliable.

If it were me I would want my GTR to be drivable on the road with a little bit more power so would probably go for modern low mounts and keep it looking stock and refresh all the vacuum hoses and sensors so it is running as well as it can. If I rebuild the whole thing then I would upgrade the bottom end and then push some more boost through it and make a reliable 450-500 at most. Probably throw in an aftermarket Atessa AWD replacement controller

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2012/11/upgraded-and-programmable-attesa-from.html

Since the original R32 GTR one ran at 10hz which means it can be slow to react if you do start to lose it.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

What have you assholes done now?
Solar chat: I just took a class on PV theory and applications this semester. The tech coming out is super cool and Silicon-based solar cell manufacturing costs are making them very competitive with coal economically, unsubsidised, in the near future.

Also check out quantum-dot infused perovskite lattices. They let visible wavelength light pass through and concentrate 90% of infra-red to the edges, making it awesome for being a window that transfers light we would rather not havd come in and directs it to its edges, where you put tuned-wavelength PV cells to use the infra-red as an energy source. Imagine using those as windows in a skyscraper.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Also quit being dicks to eachother but if youre gonna be dicks to eachother thanks for keeping it in the chat thread.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Siochain posted:

Better image than Steve Jobs/Tim Cook's apple-induced shitstorm. I mean, Musk is no Bill Gates, but trying to push renewable resources at a breakneck pace is absolutely bettering humanity. Hell, even if Gen 1 of his solar roof tiles are crap, someone (whether him or another crazy mad scientist-supporter) will do it properly/cheaper/etc.The dude is far from a savior, but he's at least trying. Comon Corn, you can troll better than this, I know your not a Trump supporter or some other dumb poo poo.

Renewables are just one of the many things he's got his hands into, other interests of his such as human-machine interfaces raise a number of nebulous ethical questions and I don't trust Elon Musk and The Free Market to be able address them effectively or to the wishes or benefit of the population at large.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
what

what is this.

Be excellent to each other.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Because of a lovely system upgrade that I had to do (that didn't even get off the ground because of a database error beyond my control) I wasn't able to attend the firehouse walk-through. My buddy did, and he took some photos. He's doing research and checking out his options but he still wants it like he wants to breathe.

He's better at taking nice-looking pictures and maybe not the best at taking pictures that could be used as references for a site survey, say.

His report is that the upstairs was smaller than it looked in the picture on the realtor's website but you could park, in his words, 9 cars in the lower level and probably fit like 3 lifts.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

BigPaddy posted:

For big power most go for a single larger turbo to replace the smaller twins due to ease of installation since you can get rid of a lot of clutter and most of the time you go for a top mount since the space where the standard twins usually go is pretty cramped. This is not just the case on RB26s but common on JZ and 13b upgrades as well. The twin turbo systems are great in theory but overly complicated and difficult to tune in comparison to a large single. Of course it is never as simple as that and there is a pretty good video and FAQ about twins vs singles on an RB26

http://motivedvd.com/motive/2015/07/31/rb26-twins-vs-single-mythbusted-frequently-asked-questions-and-statements/

The main outcome is use what is best for the application you have in mind. Want huge power for the drags? Large single top mount is the way to go.

By now a lot of people are replacing the original turbos due to age and the ceramic turbines having a habit of shattering due to vibrations when the bearings start to go which of course usually means your bottom end and valves are going to be screwed when all that crap is pulled through the engine. There are places that will take the standard turbo units and upgrade them to steel turbines and refresh everything which is what I would do if I wanted to keep a car as standard as possible while making it more reliable.

If it were me I would want my GTR to be drivable on the road with a little bit more power so would probably go for modern low mounts and keep it looking stock and refresh all the vacuum hoses and sensors so it is running as well as it can. If I rebuild the whole thing then I would upgrade the bottom end and then push some more boost through it and make a reliable 450-500 at most. Probably throw in an aftermarket Atessa AWD replacement controller

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2012/11/upgraded-and-programmable-attesa-from.html

Since the original R32 GTR one ran at 10hz which means it can be slow to react if you do start to lose it.

This is all very interesting, thanks. The guy I know with the silly fast GTR has one of those AWD controllers or one very similar as he can twiddle a knob and turn the car full RWD. I wish I still had the video of the thing overtaking an S2000 I was in going full bore but making us look like we were standing still. We set off in front down a PRIVATE ROAD and hit about 90mph, the Skyline was following a fair bit back and just wound up and flew past making an obnoxiously loud noise with my friend hanging out of the window flipping us off. Such a loving silly car :allears:

Olympic Mathlete fucked around with this message at 15:28 on May 11, 2017

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Solar chat: I just took a class on PV theory and applications this semester. The tech coming out is super cool and Silicon-based solar cell manufacturing costs are making them very competitive with coal economically, unsubsidised, in the near future.

Also check out quantum-dot infused perovskite lattices. They let visible wavelength light pass through and concentrate 90% of infra-red to the edges, making it awesome for being a window that transfers light we would rather not havd come in and directs it to its edges, where you put tuned-wavelength PV cells to use the infra-red as an energy source. Imagine using those as windows in a skyscraper.

I want my compact nuclear reactors! :argh:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Man so do I, as we then wouldn't have an issue with power quality and stabilizing the AC waveform for the interconnection with all these renewables loving it up. Then again, it's a fun problem to solve.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Like smart inverters and battery backup systems are cool tech and it'd be cool to have a fully malleable slack bus on every generation bus, but there's a bunch of issues with cybersecurity at that point with your 20 MW solar farms suddenly deciding to put a 1 Hz signal out into a balanced system.

Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

God dammit! I've had to reschedule babby's first flying lesson three times now, twice due to lovely weather and once because of a job interview. I just want to fly airplane!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

CommieGIR posted:

I'm more surprised at his ability to find a bank willing to write a note for that much on a nearly 30 year old car.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Geoj posted:

I'm more surprised at his ability to find a bank willing to write a note for that much on a nearly 30 year old car.

That too, I cannot imagine it has a good interest rate.

wonder if they'll fund my Audi addiction...

Adiabatic posted:

Like smart inverters and battery backup systems are cool tech and it'd be cool to have a fully malleable slack bus on every generation bus, but there's a bunch of issues with cybersecurity at that point with your 20 MW solar farms suddenly deciding to put a 1 Hz signal out into a balanced system.

I always love pointing out the power footprint of Sequoyah Nuclear Power Polant, 2 x 1.2GW rated reactors in less space than a football stadium.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

I mean this is what you get when a loving piddly substation catches fire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7y-oJYpDkM

Imagine what happens when a bunch of generation catches some cloud cover suddenly and drops voltage out all at once.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

I mean this is what you get when a loving piddly substation catches fire:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7y-oJYpDkM

Imagine what happens when a bunch of generation catches some cloud cover suddenly and drops voltage out all at once.

You'd hope their filtering would catch that, but I fully expect it will happen.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
welp HR can't do anything about my company from relocating me so...time for a career change in the next year cause i won't put up with these fuckers turning my life upside down for no god damned good reason

how do i move into infosec? looks like an interesting and soon to be booming industry

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Cage posted:

Be excellent to each other.

Party on dudes

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

CommieGIR posted:

You'd hope their filtering would catch that, but I fully expect it will happen.

Currently they don't have any electrical "inertia" to effectively filter. It's like trying to keep an engine running at a certain RPM but you run out of gas.

They're running generation and it's balanced by the load and slack buses by very careful and super smart people and algorithms. Nuclear and coal and nat gas are super duper stable since you plan to keep them running constantly so it's relatively easy to just tell a power plant "hey we need X Megawatts at Y time" but with renewables none of that works like that at all.

You get around this by having an energy storage system that the renewables are feeding. Less output, but when the death cloud comes you can keep the generation "filtered" by supplying battery power as makeup so you can shuffle some conventional generation on with the 15 minutes you bought yourself.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

BraveUlysses posted:

welp HR can't do anything about my company from relocating me so...time for a career change in the next year cause i won't put up with these fuckers turning my life upside down for no god damned good reason

how do i move into infosec? looks like an interesting and soon to be booming industry

Start reading the SecFuck thread in yospos and poke around at job listings for that position to see what kind of experience they want, then compare that to what experience you have

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
Get a Security+ and read up on some of the CISSP guides online. Watch a couple DEFCON/Shmoocon talks.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

funny Star Wars parody posted:

compare that to what experience you have

i'm a manufacturing engineer :v:

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Get into DCS / SCADA poo poo. There's so much automation occurring in industry. Manufacturing is coming back to America, but the jobs are all logic programming and robit programming and automation.

Repeat after me: Controls Engineer.

BigPaddy
Jun 30, 2008

Adiabatic posted:

Repeat after me: Controls Engineer. Bot Master

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Get into DCS / SCADA poo poo. There's so much automation occurring in industry. Manufacturing is coming back to America, but the jobs are all logic programming and robit programming and automation.

Repeat after me: Controls Engineer.

Ding ding ding. Automation and Industrial Engineering are huge and only getting bigger.

Can't hurt to get some security experience under your belt for that too.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
Controls Engineer

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

Also don't let the PID process and time domain / S domain / LaPlace transforms / diffeq scare you. That poo poo's all done with computers now and it's just filling in boxes at this point.

The big money is in being able to get a control system to talk to another control system and networking them together for a manufacturing / power plant, and setting up all the I/O and poo poo. There's also quite a bit on the cybersecurity side if you're a giant nerd.

Adiabatic
Nov 18, 2007

scuz posted:

Controls Engineer

Good job!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Adiabatic posted:

Also don't let the PID process and time domain / S domain / LaPlace transforms / diffeq scare you. That poo poo's all done with computers now and it's just filling in boxes at this point.

The big money is in being able to get a control system to talk to another control system and networking them together for a manufacturing / power plant, and setting up all the I/O and poo poo. There's also quite a bit on the cybersecurity side if you're a giant nerd.

I should really move into doing this, I do Systems Engineering consulting right now, but I have a heavy IT Security background.

• Locked thread