Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

is it the loving playing with paper that is the center piece of that vid?

It sounded loud as gently caress compared to the call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

KoRMaK posted:

is it the loving playing with paper that is the center piece of that vid?

It sounded loud as gently caress compared to the call
it was, and it was

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

FrozenVent posted:

how I'd do it is put conference on hold, three way the voice mail in

text me

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

FrozenVent posted:

three way voice mail

modsssss?

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug
someone called me on the phone today and i wore a headset for the call just so that the noisy cat would be really audible

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
SO AS I WAS SAYING BEFORE WE MOVED ON TO THE OTHER TOPIC I think that the changes we need to make have (mumble) been to the (mumble mumble) finish the group (mumble mumble)...(mumble)...(mmbl)...(breath) AND I THINK THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THAT IN THE NEXT couple of days to the required level of (mumble) for the (mumble mumble)...(mumble)...(breath) OKAY?

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Miss-Bomarc posted:

SO AS I WAS SAYING BEFORE WE MOVED ON TO THE OTHER TOPIC I think that the changes we need to make have (mumble) been to the (mumble mumble) finish the group (mumble mumble)...(mumble)...(mmbl)...(breath) AND I THINK THAT WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET THAT IN THE NEXT couple of days to the required level of (mumble) for the (mumble mumble)...(mumble)...(breath) OKAY?

they need to fix their audio, get pagancow on the case

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
<9:30 meeting>

Vendor, our team's non-PMs join call.

"Ok, we'll give everyone a few minutes to join."

<9:35>

"PM1 hasn't joined, can we sent out a reminder? We really can't start without him."
"Yeah, I just sent it out."

<minutes go by>

PM1 emails saying they can't find the dial in info that was just sent out.
PM2 joins unexpectedly.

<9:40>

PM1 joins. "Hi all, sorry, I was having some difficulty with the dial in."
PM2: "Hey, glad you're here, can we go over the <completely unrelated poo poo and nobody understands what she means>

PM1: "Ok, can we take that offline so we can get to the demo here?"
PM2: "Sure, I just want to make sure it's understood that..."

<9:45>

PM1: "Ok, let's get started then!"

<9:48>

"Ok, so that looks good, any questions?"

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
more and more im seeing that everyone works from home and everyone has dogs

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

i like to change things up and have my cats yell instead

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

hobbesmaster posted:

i like to change things up and have my cats yell instead

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

seriously took some calls from home yesterday. I hit the unmute button and a cat appears on my desk or of nowhere, head butts the mic and starts meowing

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
our teams are so distributed internationally that i work from home a lot and so does everyone else

then we get engagement surveys that come back poor and the solution is to make people physically come into the office... to attend the conference calls

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

also unrelated to this thread but if you remember my all hands meeting about the blockchain?

guess what we now have a blockchain "practice" with 15 people in it frantically sending out blockchain marketing materials that read like fever dreams

feel bad for anyone who took that transfer

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

i get a lot of compliments about my audio quality and its because i have an embarrassingly nice audio set up for a podcast i never launched so i just tell them its the vpn

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

my first job was at Avid when they owned M-Audio so I got a really nice condenser microphone w/ employee discount and now everyone on the call gets to hear my mouth noises

mixer boards are also great and I recommend getting one if you frequently WFH, I can mute myself with a physical button, hear myself in the headphones, and/or just play music into my headphones that noone on the call can hear (unless i screw up the mixing whoops)

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Mad Wack posted:

i get a lot of compliments about my audio quality and its because i have an embarrassingly nice audio set up for a podcast i never launched so i just tell them its the vpn

i dialled in for a long time with a polycom ip7000 that i had acquired from somewhere. takes up too much space now so i just have a plantronics headset.

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Progressive JPEG posted:

my first job was at Avid when they owned M-Audio so I got a really nice condenser microphone w/ employee discount and now everyone on the call gets to hear my mouth noises

mixer boards are also great and I recommend getting one if you frequently WFH, I can mute myself with a physical button, hear myself in the headphones, and/or just play music into my headphones that noone on the call can hear (unless i screw up the mixing whoops)

out of curiosity, do you have a mixer board rec?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

they gave out video pones at work so we can become more collaborative (aka the old cisco phones were crap due to mere age)

nobody uses the camera, one guy got hassled until he turned it on, but i already figured out a better solution i just have mine behind my monitor so they can never see me

they also have bluetooth so i can use my nice plantronics one and not the crap desk one. lol of course it picks up way too much background noise because they also went open office to make us more collaborative :shepicide:

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Mad Wack posted:

out of curiosity, do you have a mixer board rec?

i have an A&H zed 14. wanted a lot of stereo inputs because i occasionally screw around with a synth and a drum machine. the full size faders are p great also

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

Agile Vector posted:

they gave out video pones at work so we can become more collaborative (aka the old cisco phones were crap due to mere age)

nobody uses the camera, one guy got hassled until he turned it on, but i already figured out a better solution i just have mine behind my monitor so they can never see me

they also have bluetooth so i can use my nice plantronics one and not the crap desk one. lol of course it picks up way too much background noise because they also went open office to make us more collaborative :shepicide:

just put some electrical tape over the camera and say it doesn't work right

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
"hey Siri, play some music"

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
when you would normally quietly message a coworker on a conference call to SHUT THE gently caress UP because they're giving the business the wrong loving idea and letting them run wild, but can't because they're busy presenting their whole desktop

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
today involved someone snorting boogers twice without muting

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

graph posted:

sorry

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Iridium posted:

when you would normally quietly message a coworker on a conference call to SHUT THE gently caress UP because they're giving the business the wrong loving idea and letting them run wild, but can't because they're busy presenting their whole desktop

why it's good to have the personal cell #s of all your close coworkers

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

graph posted:

graph please mute next time

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

graph posted:

what kind of boogies??? Could be fun on that side of that phone

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert

Rex-Goliath posted:

why it's good to have the personal cell #s of all your close coworkers

lol yeah lemme give out my personal cell number to my coworkers pause not

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

the number having doesnt have to be reciprocal

until you contact them with it i guess

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Progressive JPEG posted:

the number having doesnt have to be reciprocal

until you contact them with it i guess

Giving your coworkers your numbers is bad because your job does not require a leash.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
lol if you don't work with people you'd want to talk to outside of work

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Glans Dillzig posted:

seriously

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

RISCy Business posted:

lol just lol if you don't wanna hang out with your co-workers

fuckin congrats on spending 2080 hrs a year with them. also, get married to someone you can barely stand

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT
work is gay.

glad u have a satisfying job with cool people but I just want money for videogames and a house so I can spend time in it with my real friends and family.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

RISCy Business posted:

like for real

but otherwise lol if you dont have a google voice number for that stuff, so you can just set to vacation when youre not working. not everything needs your direct number

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Glans Dillzig posted:

it's been really useful when traveling

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

RISCy Business posted:

i dont have to be paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to talk to my friends. im not sure what compensation they receive to deal with me though, if any.

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

Wasabi the J posted:

work is gay.

glad u have a satisfying job with cool people but I just want money for videogames and a house so I can spend time in it with my real friends and family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
a few coworkers have my cell phone number but that's mostly an emergency thing, or because i work remote a couple days a week. but yeah no, i don't give out my cell lightly. they used to issue a work one for me but took that away, and there's no way i want my personal cell # making the rounds.

they proved in general that they can't handle that poo poo when, a few years ago when i was on vacation, a project manager that I didn't have any projects with got a hold of my personal email (lucky guess with myname@gmail) and started sending poo poo to that expecting me to reply. my boss kindly went and smacked the poo poo out of her for it. and plenty of other previous questionable calls when they knew I was unavailable for poo poo.

but in general

Wasabi the J posted:

work is gay.

yeah, these are coworkers. i'm friendly with them, i'll grab lunch with them and tell stories now and then and sometimes hang out a little after work, but they are not friends.

• Locked thread