Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Groovelord Neato posted:

usually they do block (all the alt-right/race realists/maga chuds i get into it on twitter do) but you've lost once you've blocked someone unless it's legit harassment.

Carlgon has blocked a bunch of folks himself, his latest being a woman who called him out on his repeated use of the Rothschild dog-whistle when attacking Macron.

Not that hypocrisy has ever gotten in his way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

Oh, yeah. Loud and clear. Emphasis on LOUD!
~ David Lee Roth

Jack Gladney posted:

ala Davis Auruni saying that he was "tutored in history" at McMaster.

What? Goddamnit I work just down the street from Mac. I now feel tainted.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Could someone tell me about Ann Lieven?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

auruni has to be an act he just HAS to be. it's too perfect otherwise.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Groovelord Neato posted:

he is the real deal my friend, the raw potato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPBe09g3ALw

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Groovelord Neato posted:

That's the skull guy! That's him!

Edit: aka discount Command and Conquer Kane

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

mojo1701a posted:

What? Goddamnit I work just down the street from Mac. I now feel tainted.

He was kicked out for poor grades. Don't besmirch the institution for functioning correctly.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Jack Gladney posted:

He was kicked out for poor grades. Don't besmirch the institution for functioning correctly.

To be fair, they took him but only accepted me during their final round of acceptance.

Granted, I was going for engineering and was a shithead high schooler who didn't want to study, but... ew.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

boner confessor posted:

he is the real deal my friend, the raw potato

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RPBe09g3ALw

Even I have accepted that some people can talk about cuckoldry for 20 minutes with a straight face.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kY7nQqe6HI&t=150s

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Whole scholarly papers could be written about these folks' preoccupation with the word "cuck" and the concept of cuckoldry. Like, there's so much there to unpack.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

A man who, born just 10 years earlier, would have been routinely beaten and harassed on suspicion of being gay on account of his lisp and fey demeanor lectures a camera in his tiny bedroom on the subject of degeneracy, his sunken eyes and pale skin suggesting kidney failure.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
wearing a suit, smoking cigarettes and drinking a glass of hard liquor while doing my vlog to show the viewer how masculine I am

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
wearing a suit, letting cigarettes turn to ash and sipping at a glass of rapidly diluting ice water while doing my vlog to show the viewer how masculine I am

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Guavanaut posted:

wearing a suit, letting cigarettes turn to ash and sipping at a glass of rapidly diluting ice water while doing my vlog to show the viewer how masculine I am

it's the adult equivalent of a small child trying to put on his daddy's shoes

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

little munchkin posted:

it's the adult equivalent of a small child trying to put on his daddy's shoes

For the amount of flavour (regardless of the alcoholic content), he might as well be drinking apple juice. Noticed in one of his videos it's Wiser's Deluxe, which is the cheapest of the whole line. Not even Special Blend (Small Batch and above is nice).

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

Can't believe I had hope for this guy. Four solid months should be enough time to snap out of it, but he just got back in, it seemed so promising for a while. Unsubscribing and not looking back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20FTy86P84&t=602s

I might as well make a list here and check them off one by one and make sure I'm thorough this time.

Midig fucked around with this message at 18:10 on May 10, 2017

Fair Bear Maiden
Jun 17, 2013
Can Thunderf00t not afford a better microphone? His sound quality has been poo poo for ages.

And yeah, disappointed, but not surprised that he's still obsessed with Sarkeesian. He needs a therapist, and possibly a restraining order to stop making videos.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Fair Bear Maiden posted:

Can Thunderf00t not afford a better microphone? His sound quality has been poo poo for ages.

And yeah, disappointed, but not surprised that he's still obsessed with Sarkeesian. He needs a therapist, and possibly a restraining order to stop making videos.

Yes to therapist, but please don't stop making videos. They're comedy gold!

The obsession is loving amazing. If that's all it took to become the focus of alt-right weirdo rage, someone should've just Simone'd one.

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Midig posted:

Can't believe I had hope for this guy. Four solid months should be enough time to snap out of it, but he just got back in, it seemed so promising for a while. Unsubscribing and not looking back:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b20FTy86P84&t=602s

I might as well make a list here and check them off one by one and make sure I'm thorough this time.

holy poo poo I love his exquisite editing and the fact that he took a kid making an interesting point in a college room discussion but instead go " LOOK AT HOW EVIL CAPE TOWN UNIVERSITY US SDAjS:ALjdas;".

All of these youtube fascists need to kill themselves.

Like, it's funny, before I dismissed Anita for being boring and not that interesting, however she's gotten much better and I now actually have a deep respect for Anita Sarkeesian, she's weathered their storm, chugged along and is still making nice videos and nice critiques on the internet while those freaks who screeched at her became white nationalist Nazis, god bless that brave Armenian angel.

Al-Saqr fucked around with this message at 20:07 on May 10, 2017

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

What about Auruni's fat friend who broadcast live from his bathtub? He had easily 100 videos about Anita Sarkeesian. Hopefully he's been taken into custody and won't try ending his youtube career like that Bjork fan who mailed a bomb.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Al-Saqr posted:

holy poo poo I love his exquisite editing and the fact that he took a kid making an interesting point in a college room discussion but instead go " LOOK AT HOW EVIL CAPE TOWN UNIVERSITY US SDAjS:ALjdas;".

All of these youtube fascists need to kill themselves.

Like, it's funny, before I dismissed Anita for being boring and not that interesting, however she's gotten much better and I now actually have a deep respect for Anita Sarkeesian, she's weathered their storm, chugged along and is still making nice videos and nice critiques on the internet while those freaks who screeched at her became white nationalist Nazis, god bless that brave Armenian angel.

I really appreciate her earnestness and sensitivity to the bottomless horror that is life on earth. I've been soaking in irony for my entire adult life, so I can't help responding to reality with weary contempt, but I really admire her capacity to be genuinely, sincerely appalled at our wretched world. Like, I don't even think she wants to do the light hyperbole and irony in that first episode of her new show, and I really admire that. I wish I could be that way in the world.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Jack Gladney posted:

What about Auruni's fat friend who broadcast live from his bathtub? He had easily 100 videos about Anita Sarkeesian. Hopefully he's been taken into custody and won't try ending his youtube career like that Bjork fan who mailed a bomb.

You mean Jordan Owen? I thought he had a sort of breakdown or something and just stopped doing videos or something.

I might be wrong as I don't follow them with the same fervour as they follow Anita Sarkeesian.

Almost makes me want to do spoof videos of me ranting about something stupid in a bathtub or on a couch.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Al-Saqr posted:

What was the context of that UCT video? I can't find one that doesn't have Rationalists shouting about it or appears without context.

There's a lot that can be said about finding ways to improve scientific epistemology, and strong philosophical arguments that increasing diversity actually increases objectivity as inherent biases are allowed to play against each other, and that's a worthwhile discussion for philosophy of science. There's also the way that science is presented as some uniquely European endeavor with the contributions of the Levant, Mesopotamia, and India often severely undervalued, and that's a worthwhile discussion for history of science. There's also the issue of what the end goal of science should be, where the funding comes from, and how that knowledge is used, and that's a worthwhile discussion for ethics of science.

When it comes to the science itself though, people have to do a lot of work with the best current models, testing and straining and improving upon them. Any attempt to disregard the underlying epistemological methods entirely can lead to dangerous things like total solipsism or climate change denial or stupid poo poo like What the Bleep Do We Know!?

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

mojo1701a posted:

You mean Jordan Owen? I thought he had a sort of breakdown or something and just stopped doing videos or something.

I might be wrong as I don't follow them with the same fervour as they follow Anita Sarkeesian.

Almost makes me want to do spoof videos of me ranting about something stupid in a bathtub or on a couch.

Might mean Matt Fourney?

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Avenging_Mikon posted:

Might mean Matt Fourney?

I know Owen for sure did a bathtub video. I'm less up on Forney so I might be wrong. Hell I only know of Forney because of the Alt-Right Dogs.

Speaking of, what was the deal with that? They just produced a lovely trailer for what? Like, it looks like the videos I'd do with my friends when I was in high school as a joke.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I meant Jordan Owen. What a forgettable dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSLNvqajlNw

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Jack Gladney posted:

I meant Jordan Owen. What a forgettable dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSLNvqajlNw

it's a shame they couldnt make a third episode.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I think they broke up, just like Tub Boy and Professor Skull.

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Jack Gladney posted:

I think they broke up, just like Tub Boy and Professor Skull.

Didn't they get back together? I only really know about Owen from H. Bomberguy.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpmwmW8Vwdo

Sargon does podcasts now! And in this second video, watch him and his guests make wild guesses about people in a picture and then make fun of them based on that!

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Groovelord Neato posted:

I heard a rumor that Shaun of Shaun & Jen is the Aurini skull who escaped and is taking revenge on his former jailer?

mojo1701a posted:

Didn't he have a huge meltdown because he was trying to fund a documentary about the computer game company Sierra On-Line and when he reached out to a bunch of former employees they told him to get bent? Corey Cole told him basically "not in a million years you hateful wacko" on facebook

Lightning Lord fucked around with this message at 07:25 on May 11, 2017

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Somebody a ways up the thread mentioned that Jordan has been pretty quiet since it kind of dawned on him how much he's hosed up his life. Pity it took this much to get it across but that's the way it is.

Edit: Al Lowe is the only one who talked to him and that's probably because Al Lowe doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on most of the time. He kickstarted another remake of LSL1 a few years back with another ex-Sierra guy by the name of Paul Trowe. Trowe is a whacky rear end in a top hat who outed another Sierra alum as trans on Twitter, and then later git in legal trouble for showing a 15 year old girl indecent images.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 07:56 on May 11, 2017

PiCroft
Jun 11, 2010

I'm sorry, did I break all your shit? I didn't know it was yours

Archer666 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpmwmW8Vwdo

Sargon does podcasts now! And in this second video, watch him and his guests make wild guesses about people in a picture and then make fun of them based on that!

I'm still loving Poppy Noor's response when he did the same thing to her:

https://twitter.com/PoppyNoor/status/859495940130054144

Maybe I should pack in my job and do the youtube reactionary circuit. Seems like it doesn't really take any effort to come up with material and it seems pretty lucrative. I'd have to think of a name. Something to do with dapper, top hats, logic, reason etc.

Forer
Jan 18, 2010

"How do I get rid of these nasty roaches?!"

Easy, just burn your house down.

PiCroft posted:

I'm still loving Poppy Noor's response when he did the same thing to her:

Maybe I should pack in my job and do the youtube reactionary circuit. Seems like it doesn't really take any effort to come up with material and it seems pretty lucrative. I'd have to think of a name. Something to do with dapper, top hats, logic, reason etc.

"TheDapperTophatReasonLegion"

I expect a video on my desk by tomorrow morning!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I do find it entertaining that most of JonTrons reddit thread has been so virulent against him (tho I suppose he's not a supposed self-identified intellectual).

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Lightning Lord posted:

I heard a rumor that Shaun of Shaun & Jen is the Aurini skull who escaped and is taking revenge on his former jailer?

I am McCarther, the skull who has escaped from Davis Aurini's clutches. AMA.

Lightning Lord posted:

Didn't he have a huge meltdown because he was trying to fund a documentary about the computer game company Sierra On-Line and when he reached out to a bunch of former employees they told him to get bent? Corey Cole told him basically "not in a million years you hateful wacko" on facebook

I don't know how big it was, but that happened, yeah.

"It's like having Walt Disney call you an rear end in a top hat."

Casimir Radon posted:

Somebody a ways up the thread mentioned that Jordan has been pretty quiet since it kind of dawned on him how much he's hosed up his life. Pity it took this much to get it across but that's the way it is.

Edit: Al Lowe is the only one who talked to him and that's probably because Al Lowe doesn't seem to have a clue what's going on most of the time. He kickstarted another remake of LSL1 a few years back with another ex-Sierra guy by the name of Paul Trowe. Trowe is a whacky rear end in a top hat who outed another Sierra alum as trans on Twitter, and then later git in legal trouble for showing a 15 year old girl indecent images.

Jesus gently caress, no wonder I don't pay much attention to the video game industry.

Still love to know what made him think "let me do a video in the bathtub" was a good idea. At least when Drunk History did it, JD Ryznar was drunk.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

PiCroft posted:

. Something to do with dapper, top hats, logic, reason etc.

The Logical Top Hat.

And your Photoshopped Avatar video stand in can be a Top Hat with a monocle and a mouth.

noether
May 1, 2017

some kinda cutesy shoggoth

Avenging_Mikon posted:

The Logical Top Hat.

And your Photoshopped Avatar video stand in can be a Top Hat with a monocle and a mouth.

You gotta draw it with a handful of facial expressions that you can cycle through in the video, too.

Oh! Also, you have to use synchro-vox animation to give it some realism.

Whale Vomit
Nov 10, 2004

starving in the belly of a whale
its ribs are ceiling beams
its guts are carpeting
I guess we have some time to kill
So it's not coincidence so many of these guys are English yes? It's a little bit of the pomposity mixed with the fact that they sound really smart too teenagers and 20-somethings in America?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mojo1701a
Oct 9, 2008

~ David Lee Roth

Arrr Im a Pirate posted:

So it's not coincidence so many of these guys are English yes? It's a little bit of the pomposity mixed with the fact that they sound really smart too teenagers and 20-somethings in America?

It wouldn't surprise me that the accent deludes enough idiots to thinking they're some kind of actual thinkers. Like naming yourself "Sargon of Akkad" as a historical figure (and not as a Star Trek character like I thought).

Avenging_Mikon posted:

The Logical Top Hat.

Professor Logical Top Hat. Academics are a-ok when they agree with what I already believe, damnit!

• Locked thread