Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
If anyone is watching Wells Fargo that Brian Harman birdie on 18 was a thing of beauty.

Edit: Glad someone was finally able to make America great again. https://twitter.com/deadspin/status/861334655546646529

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

That Harmon chip left a little to be desired but a great putt makes up for it. I was rooting for a DJ playoff but it was still a good finish.

The weather here in NY has been atrocious, most courses are actually closed because of how wet it is. Thankfully it should dry out a bit this week.

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
There's going to be so much alcohol consumed tonight..

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

God bless John Daly :patriot:

sarehu
Apr 20, 2007

(call/cc call/cc)
I loled when Trump tweeted to congratulate Daly.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Picking up my new clubs today. :circlefap:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

daslog posted:

Picking up my new clubs today. :circlefap:

oh man that's the best feeling

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Have any of you guys ever used cool clubs for a fitting? They have just opened up a location near me in Sydney and was wondering if the cost of the fitting was worthwhile? I've read a few reviews about them locally online however these have all been free fittings "won" by people and obviously that adds some bias to the review. Also the other thing I see is that the costs of clubs is waaay above the cost at a pro shop where they would also fit you, although with less fancy tech.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Dimebag posted:

Have any of you guys ever used cool clubs for a fitting? They have just opened up a location near me in Sydney and was wondering if the cost of the fitting was worthwhile? I've read a few reviews about them locally online however these have all been free fittings "won" by people and obviously that adds some bias to the review. Also the other thing I see is that the costs of clubs is waaay above the cost at a pro shop where they would also fit you, although with less fancy tech.
My sense is that the club fittings are probably not worth it unless you're scratch or better.

The putter fitting is probably useful though.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I'm an 11 handicap and fitting was fantastic for me, but then again I'm 6'6" so...

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Yeah I'm 6'4" with long arms so I can play a standard length club easily but I'm curious about going through a full fitting with them. Did you find that the distances you got during the fitting stayed around the same or did you gain a little as you got used to the clubs?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

I don't know about distance (probably gained some) but a full fitting for me helped result in far better contact, especially with my shorter irons and wedges. I got to swing much more naturally than being over the top of the ball and wanting to stand up a bit and wind up topping or skulling the ball.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari

DJExile posted:

oh man that's the best feeling

Picked them up at 3. Played in my league at 4. I was unwrapping the hybrids before I was hitting them. I know it's the golfer and not the clubs, but I really think these made a difference in my score.

These hybrids are amazing to hit. Ping did an amazing job or something, because I hit them 4 or 5 times on 9 holes and each shot had a very nice looking draw. I would tell anyone interested in a 3 or 4 hybrid to go out and hit the Ping G Series.

Josh Lyman posted:

My sense is that the club fittings are probably not worth it unless you're scratch or better.

The putter fitting is probably useful though.

Maybe, but the fittings are free at Golf and Ski Warehouse if you buy a set. Seems worth it to me at that price.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Looks like Rory switched to TM clubs, they have quite the lineup these days.

I thought the M1/M2 drivers were pretty dominant over the last couple years but apparently the Callaway clubs with the jailbreak things have been selling even faster, caught me by surprise to hear that.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

TM were probably desperate to sign Rory after they realized Tiger is never gonna play again.

Dimebag
Jul 12, 2004
Yeah $100 million over 10 years. I'm honestly most surprised that he went with putter as well as he's been chopping and changing them so much since Nike stopped manufacturing clubs.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Dimebag posted:

Yeah $100 million over 10 years. I'm honestly most surprised that he went with putter as well as he's been chopping and changing them so much since Nike stopped manufacturing clubs.

Meanwhile his Nike deal for just apparel is $200 million supposedly. That's just bonkers.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Suprfli6 posted:

Meanwhile his Nike deal for just apparel is $200 million supposedly. That's just bonkers.
That was for apparel and clubs but then, you know.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I'm seeing conflicting reports, the article in the Guardian I just saw says it was a $100 million extension signed in April for just apparel with Nike, so I don't know. It's a lot of money regardless.

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION
Decent GD article with commentary from Rory about his equipment.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Frank Viola posted:

I missed the second part of your post, but if we play together I can play any course in the TPC network for free (With appointment) and only pay a cart fee. Or I can walk for free.

Just like you missed my question I missed this.

Uh holy poo poo, that's awesome.

Also, you are these guys right?

https://www.facebook.com/SkratchTV/videos/1955716981324644/

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

8 pars and a bogey in my league tonight. I missed three birdie putts that each would have won some skins so even though I played great I'm still pissed. Fuckin golf.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

First time swinging the sticks since like October and just jumped right into our mens night. gently caress it, why not?

A 2-man best-drive-then-alternate-shot format is fuckin' weird and doesn't really let you get into a rhythm. My drives are still in shockingly good shape. I need to get a lesson on hitting hybrids because for the life of me I just cannot hit them clean. Chipping and putting are rusty but that's to be expected when I haven't played in months.

A quick tip nobody's asking for but dammit imma give it anyway: Shorten your gotdang backswing. Giving yourself a huge wound-up backswing is giving yourself a lot of time for things to go wrong.

Nerdrock
Jan 31, 2006

DJExile posted:

A quick tip nobody's asking for but dammit imma give it anyway: Shorten your gotdang backswing. Giving yourself a huge wound-up backswing is giving yourself a lot of time for things to go wrong.

I'm a terrible golfer but whenever I remember this tip, it helps a lot.. until I forget it again.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

I've been consciously shortening mine, especially with driver, and it has helped my consistentcy a lot. I didn't lose any distance either.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Sergio at 17! Holy poo poo!

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

mattfl posted:

Just saw that highlight, was very impressive!

Torqued something in my middle back last week while swinging at the driving range, and its not going away. Medical tech even managed to tweek it worse today. gently caress muscles that haven't been used in too long.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/862794026088517634

https://twitter.com/RexHoggardGC/status/862808527580037121

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

mattfl posted:

Had to make up for that three jack from three feet for double on a par 5 on the front somehow!

Kameh
Apr 27, 2004

Resident Sergio Apologist
CHAMPION

Shrapnig posted:

Had to make up for that three jack from three feet for double on a par 5 on the front somehow!

I believe you mean a FOUR jack from 53 feet, thanks so much. :colbert:

ironlung
Dec 31, 2001

Here comes The Summer of Sergio

Keyser_Soze
May 5, 2009

Pillbug
I 4-putted from 10 feet last Saturday! :spain:

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Josh Lyman posted:

LOL well if the choice is between GA on Saturday and GA on Sunday, then Sunday it is. VIP experience will just have to wait.

I came across 2 more Greenside passes if you want them.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

loving owns.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Frank Viola posted:

I came across 2 more Greenside passes if you want them.
For tomorrow or Sunday? Tomorrow would be a little short notice but I could definitely make the drive Sunday.

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 15:30 on May 12, 2017

Modulo16
Feb 12, 2014

"Authorities say the phony Pope can be recognized by his high-top sneakers and incredibly foul mouth."

Josh Lyman posted:

For tomorrow or Sunday? Tomorrow would be a little short notice but I could definitely make the drive Sunday.

Sunday but you have to meet me in person for me to give them too you. So I dunno how you feel about meeting a person from the internet.

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good

Very cool.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Sergio's luck at 17 continued today. https://twitter.com/PGATOUR/status/863035620138008576

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Every year before this that would have kicked up and back into the water.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

In some WITB news picked up a set of Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons for $90 CDN today which for you Americans is probably like $50 USD. Set is just missing the 9 iron, but has an A Wedge as well as the P Wedge.