Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

VikingSkull posted:

the lord of the rings was written in the 30's so I mean...
And it has more influence on goon politics than Rules for Radicals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

FactsAreUseless posted:

And it has more influence on goon politics than Rules for Radicals.

I know, a bunch of them voted for Gollum and lost :laugh:

USSAr
Sep 16, 2007

Your a Commie

I think a lot of people try to forget the whole Democratic establishment called for his firing before the election solely to act like outraged babies now. I believe others even said what Comey was doing was treason lol.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

USSAr posted:

I think a lot of people try to forget the whole Democratic establishment called for his firing before the election solely to act like outraged babies now. I believe others even said what Comey was doing was treason lol.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
I don't think both of these are mutually exclusive thoughts

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
Liberals dumb

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Mordor She Wrote posted:

lol people still have cable

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

blugu64 posted:

Liberals dumb

It's really just coming down to that. And as logical, straight thinking individuals, it is our duty to humanity to correct them in their fallacies. Because we cannot let the world fall to this madness.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's really just coming down to that. And as logical, straight thinking individuals, it is our duty to humanity to correct them in their fallacies. Because we cannot let the world fall to this madness.

Don't worry, totalitarian third-world style petty dictators are trending now.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

what is nuanced oppinioyn
how girl get intellegence?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

what is nuanced oppinioyn
how girl get intellegence?

It's not nuanced. It's Trump = bad and nothing else matters

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

It's not nuanced. It's Trump = bad and nothing else matters

Comey bad, circumstances in which Trump fired Comey also bad

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
You can think Comey was a total shitheel right before the election AND think Trump firing him at this moment was very stupid and makes him look guilty regardless of whether he is or not.

You see, there are many people in the world with more conplex opinions than MAGAMAGAMAGAMAGA. I know that's tough to understand for many of you, but don't worry, no one expect YOU to think that hard or analyze events like that. you're safe.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

bag em and tag em posted:

You can think Comey was a total shitheel right before the election AND think Trump firing him at this moment was very stupid and makes him look guilty regardless of whether he is or not.

You see, there are many people in the world with more conplex opinions than MAGAMAGAMAGAMAGA. I know that's tough to understand for many of you, but don't worry, no one expect YOU to think that hard or analyze events like that. you're safe.

Pffff... My opinion is more complex than yours. And my opinion is that Comey was looking out for his own neck this whole time. Coming out and playing both sides of the fence with the whole Hillary fiasco.

And now I think the Russia angle is witch hunt, and Comey was protecting himself by getting in on it, and prolonging it. He figured as long as he was in service to the Dems he'd be protected because Trump wouldn't have the balls to pull the trigger to look guilty.

Wrong.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Pffff... My opinion is more complex than yours. And my opinion is that Comey was looking out for his own neck this whole time. Coming out and playing both sides of the fence with the whole Hillary fiasco.

And now I think the Russia angle is witch hunt, and Comey was protecting himself by getting in on it, and prolonging it. He figured as long as he was in service to the Dems he'd be protected because Trump wouldn't have the balls to pull the trigger to look guilty.

Wrong.

This is the dumbest conspiracy theory

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Don't shame the noble white working class!

e: Economic Anxiety!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Hmm yes, but have you considered that you have arms and legs and everything else laying all over the town where it is. A real problem too.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

The dumbest conspiracy theory is that Russia and Putin are behind 63 million people saying "gently caress the US establishment"

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

I agree and it sounds bad to me. Digital. They have digital. What is digital? And it’s very complicated, you have to be Albert Einstein to figure it out.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
"Hehe Trump will never fire me if I pretend to investigate him, the democratic majority in congress will protect me!"

"Grr that rascal Comey is investigating me, better fire him after he announces that to make sure I look really not guilty"

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The dumbest conspiracy theory is that Russia and Putin are behind 63 million people saying "gently caress the US establishment"

your continued purposeful misunderstanding of what is alleged is Good Times. do you want to post that image again - I think it was in the James Comey fired thread - about Democrats calling for Comey's resignation, and pretend that's the same thing as firing?

digital?? i use steam for all my games

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I'm sure a lot of you have never been in a management position. So you don't understand how it works. Trump knows that sometimes there will be political consequences for making a move, but in the long run, the damage that is being side stepped is worth it.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

So, is trump hosed or would you say he's...not in fact hosed at all?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I'm sure a lot of you have never been in a management position. So you don't understand how it works. Trump knows that sometimes there will be political consequences for making a move, but in the long run, the damage that is being side stepped is worth it.

HMBOL.

Wait, this isn't the LOL thread.

LOL.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Thanks.. but a management position at Walmart doesnt really mean you even have a brain.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014
This reminds me of like playing with toys with other kids "nuhuh my Trump is way too smart and can also fly and is invincible

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

And based on your posts, a Walmart manager would be a loving stretch

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

T.S. Smelliot posted:

FBI director is at will to be terminated by the President. It was legit.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Fat gently caress

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

This reminds me of like playing with toys with other kids "nuhuh my Trump is way too smart and can also fly and is invincible

Except now we've grown up and my Trump is in fact way too smart and can fly and is clearly actually invincible

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Oh no, the people that hate Trump disagree with his decision? Who cares, you don't like him anyway. Firing Comey at least pleased his base. And got rid of a guy that showed himself to be using the FBI as a political tool

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

World War Mammories posted:

your continued purposeful misunderstanding of what is alleged is Good Times.

to be fair, he's just parroting how the media frames it

when they talk about it on the news, do they say "Russian hacking the DNC and releasing the info"? or do they say "Russian interference in the election"?

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
Trump's a political tool.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Just got my Soros check in the mail, I'm outta this stinkin thread for this month. smell ya later, alligator

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Just got my Soros check in the mail, I'm outta this stinkin thread for this month. smell ya later, alligator

lol you took money from a nazi collaborator

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

VikingSkull posted:

to be fair, he's just parroting how the media frames it

when they talk about it on the news, do they say "Russian hacking the DNC and releasing the info"? or do they say "Russian interference in the election"?

I think they phrase it as "interference" nowadays. if nothing else, that's how it's being phrased at the McCabe et al hearing at the moment. I can't deny that Media Dumb + Bad though, that's fair

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
"Trump looks guilty now" to whom? The people who knew he was guilty before he was even accused of anything.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

https://twitter.com/LisPower1/status/862674754695823360

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017

World War Mammories posted:

I think they phrase it as "interference" nowadays. if nothing else, that's how it's being phrased at the McCabe et al hearing at the moment. I can't deny that Media Dumb + Bad though, that's fair

well that's the big problem, honestly, because there's likely two parts to an overall Russian strategy at play here

one side is the DNC hacks, which is almost certainly who carried that out and most Americans know this. it's troubling, but it's basically a propaganda effort and is in line with decades of spy vs spy style poo poo we've done to each other.... I mean Voice of America was a thing that existed and this is probably not much different in my estimation

the second part is Russian collusion in the campaign of Trump itself, and while there's some smoke there's no fire

the two are tangentially linked, but when you make the case that they are one in the same, people are going to see that no proof of the latter really exists so far and then extrapolate that to "this whole thing is smoke and mirrors and the media is just against Trump, therefor fake news I don't care"

if they did their jobs properly there would likely be more serious concern from people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Voice of America still exists btw

• Locked thread