Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Nickname Pending posted:

I'm not 100%, but I think that skin is going away at the end of the season?

My understanding is that you can no longer purchase it after this season, but if you own it, you can keep using it forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.
Anytime Monty ends up on the enemy team, I pray someone has a nitro cell. He's manageable if he was one of the only ones left, but when the enemy is rushing OBJ, Monty can make it a lot scarier. That aside, I never find myself using shields. I know there are good strategies to them if you have the proper team, but I generally don't, therefore I feel like I'd benefit the team more as a regular operator. Especially since I'm not the greatest at using pistols outside of Cav.

Deltasquid posted:

My understanding is that you can no longer purchase it after this season, but if you own it, you can keep using it forever?

My understanding is that it would just go away in general. At least that's what I took away from the discussion here about it a while back. Something about compensating players who bought it or had the season pass? Something like that. Could be wrong though.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Solo-Montagne is easy to kill. A Montagne that has the backup and support of his team? That's the Monty you should be scared of.

Monty by himself can't do much except stand in doorways, cause if you position yourself with a teammate to ensure crossfire, he'll expose himself no matter what. Monty with a team on comms is hard as gently caress to beat, cause he'll be spotting everyone and even if you position yourselves to crossfire when he breaks into the room, chances are his teammates will prefire you wherever you're hiding and own your rear end.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Nickname Pending posted:

My understanding is that it would just go away in general. At least that's what I took away from the discussion here about it a while back. Something about compensating players who bought it or had the season pass? Something like that. Could be wrong though.

The skins don't go away. They just won't make previous years :airquote: "universal" skins be applicable to newly released weapons because they don't want to go back and skin every old skin on new weapons. Universal skins still works on all the currently released weapons and also this years(i.e. 4 seasons of) coming releases.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Good/bad news as I really felt like it was about time to see some new operators/map.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard this is not what is meant when we ask you to fix the game. :colbert:

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.
Don't see the promised new game mode on these pictures.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

I'm all for taking the time dedicated to bug fixing and creating a much more pleasant gaming experience. But I will be super butthurt if this is just a tactic employed by them cause they were severely behind schedule with the new Season poo poo and shoehorned this in to placate the fanbase.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Carecat posted:

Good/bad news as I really felt like it was about time to see some new operators/map.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-US/news/152-289775-16/year-2-season-2-operation-health

Nice try trying to spin bug fixes as content features.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Of course it's Poland that gets the shaft.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Of course it's Poland that gets the shaft.
They just couldn't figure out a game mode where you have to sabotage a Tu-154M.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

So no DLC ops or maps until August?

RIP Siege

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Duggler posted:

So no DLC ops or maps until August?

RIP Siege
Yeah.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Everything will be fine guys :munch:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

That appears to be the intention of a 3 month long hiatus in actual content updates, yes.

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

Hard posted:

I don't think anyone is going to freak out or anything, but this is supremely disappointing especially since we all thought we were just a few weeks out from new content

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck
If they fix matchmaking for once and for all and boost the tick rate while significantly improve hitreg, this will be a brand new game, even without new operators.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

slap me and kiss me posted:

If they fix matchmaking for once and for all and boost the tick rate while significantly improve hitreg, this will be a brand new game, even without new operators.
Maybe now with 3 month worth of resource allocation they will finally be able to undertake the gargantuan tasks of chat history and individual chat mutes.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
in the meantime the griefers can carefully craft the perfect gsg vs grom/gign jokes between iq's 3 speed and blitz having the name blitz

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

cinci zoo sniper posted:

That appears to be the intention of a 3 month long hiatus in actual content updates, yes.

Hey you never know, according to chromosome hitler 21 over there it could be a tactic.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

Hey you never know, according to chromosome hitler 21 over there it could be a tactic.

Chromosome hitler 21? I feel like I'm out of a loopoo.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Hard posted:

I ain't even mad cause this was witty as

are you community manager or something for R6?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Loopoo posted:

Dev, don't mind my harmless jab, I'm all about freedom of speech really.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Imagine how poo poo the server architecture must really be that they need to take 3 months off delivering content just to add a second potato to the server farm :coffeepal:

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.
Sucks to not get more warning but oh well, this is probably for the best. Hopefully Seasons 3 and 4 will be huge as hell to make up for it though, gonna be a bit annoying if a chunk of the stuff that was gonna go to Hong Kong and South Korea gets cut to make room to fit some Polish stuff in so we only end up getting like 80% of a season dedicated to them.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Loopoo posted:

Don't let hard fool you. She's not a real dev. She's Aisha Tyler

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Carecat posted:

Well this is certainly an interesting development.

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Hard this is not what is meant when we ask you to fix the game. :colbert:

lol

I don't mind pushing back Hong Kong so much, but only getting 3 updates this year instead of 4 seems pretty weak. I guess they're sneaking 2 bonus operators into the 2nd and 3rd update to kinda make up for it?

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Nah, initial roadmap promised 8 operators by the end of the year, you will have 8 operators by the end of the year. They just won't be distributed at the pace of 2 every 3 months as it was previously done until now.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

How about that new game mode. Was there a timeline for that or is 'not technically never' not breaking promises?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hard posted:

Nah, initial roadmap promised 8 operators by the end of the year, you will have 8 operators by the end of the year. They just won't be distributed at the pace of 2 every 3 months as it was previously done until now.
Well that's the gist of the common for now complaint, that the pacing has broken (and a map has been cut (potentially for marketing reasons)).

I don't care much in the end of the day since you are not (I hope) delaying Elite Fuze skin with Operation Health, but I can totally get people who complain about it.

Although I do hope that you are not going to just stop making balance updates for 3 months.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Wooper posted:

How about that new game mode. Was there a timeline for that or is 'not technically never' not breaking promises?
Has to be latter if management has a say. They added that realism thing which is trash fire ignored by everyone due to lack of matchmaking and there ought to be some middle wing suit who perceived that situation as lack of community's interest in new game modes (I wonder if they even distinguish difference in game modes as in realism or as in a new objective type).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Imagine how poo poo the server architecture must really be that they need to take 3 months off delivering content just to add a second potato to the server farm :coffeepal:

To be fair it's not like the problems with the servers being poo poo were known before hand, what with The Division Beta, the Division retail release, The For Honor Beta, the For Honor retail release, the Ghost Recon: Wildlands beta, and the Ghost Recon: Wildlands retail release.

It just came totally out of the blue for Ubisoft. :jerkbag:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

To be fair it's not like the problems with the servers being poo poo were known before hand, what with The Division Beta, the Division retail release, The For Honor Beta, the For Honor retail release, the Ghost Recon: Wildlands beta, and the Ghost Recon: Wildlands retail release.

It just came totally out of the blue for Ubisoft. :jerkbag:

Do you remember the 30 day calendar thing? They can't even get a website right.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Has to be latter if management has a say. They added that realism thing which is trash fire ignored by everyone due to lack of matchmaking and there ought to be some middle wing suit who perceived that situation as lack of community's interest in new game modes (I wonder if they even distinguish difference in game modes as in realism or as in a new objective type).

What do you mean by "that realism thing"?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Colonel J posted:

What do you mean by "that realism thing"?

Tactical realism is a game mode with no markers/UI and limited reloads (eg, you reload a mag with 28 bullets left in it, you lost that mag) that can only be access through custom matches.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

On the plus side, three operators per big patch is pretty cool. GROM hype.

Colonel J
Jan 3, 2008

Tactical realism is a game mode with no markers/UI and limited reloads (eg, you reload a mag with 28 bullets left in it, you lost that mag) that can only be access through custom matches.

Ah I see, thank you. As a new player I'm not too bummed about operation health, but I haven't even unlocked all ops yet so whatever. I do think it's kind of hosed up though that this stuff even happens. Used to be that video games came out once and that was it, especially on consoles. Maybe Ubisoft are not experienced yet enough with the live model and it's a planning failure?

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Flipswitch posted:

On the plus side, three operators per big patch is pretty cool. GROM hype.

On the plus side the game isn't abandoned :waycool:

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

You actually don't lose the ammo it just doesn't pool the ammo so eventually you'll cycle back to your 28 round mag. Or 3 if you're me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

my kinda ape posted:

You actually don't lose the ammo it just doesn't pool the ammo so eventually you'll cycle back to your 28 round mag. Or 3 if you're me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0wo5vTr4tj8

The attacking and defending recruits don't look any different. Cool tip for tactical realism.

• Locked thread