Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They just promoted Rene to a regular for next season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Rhyno posted:

Rene doesn't actually have his daughter back yet and Curtis needs to win his husband back and Dinah has to steal Ollie's heart away from the blonde succubus.

Great, now I'm going to think of this phrase every single time they try romance between them again and laugh like an idiot

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Bozart posted:

Watch out, Rene's daughter is going to turn into a pet cat thanks to barry allen, time fucker.

They literally made the villain this season to be Barry and explicitly said the more you time travel the less of a poo poo you have to give about the rules so I appreciate the show rolling with the punches like that.

Oh and there's Savitar too

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
The main theme this season has been "careful with time travel, Bart".

Barry has been warned about it several times before, but it has never had any real consequences for him. He has been warned never to do it, but then always goes and uses it as a last resort anyway, and gets away with it. This season he started by doing something really stupid and preventing one of the most defining moments in his life, then afterwards trying to patch things up, causing the doom of his girlfriend and Savitar's existence. Hopefully this means next season Barry will be "Ok, maybe keep off the time travel FOR REALS this time."

Edit: gently caress, wrong thread. Why don't we just slam all the CWDC threads together into one big Arrowverse thread?

kjetting fucked around with this message at 19:46 on May 10, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, if Barry gets through this Savitar stuff and ever time travels again then he really IS the villain. Because this whole season has basically been an acknowledgement of how hosed up Barry's attitude towards time travel is.

edit: God drat it. Every time, wrong thread.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Once you've found out Malcolm Merlyn's your biological father, you can handle just about anything.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Nobody watched Arrow live tonight?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I watched it an hour after. Not much to comment on. Oliver should have beaten the poo poo out of Chase though.

6-year plan man
Sep 1, 2007
working hardly, or hardly working?
I didn't like that a stupid speech disarmed him and made him give up i thought something was messed up until I saw the preview for next week then it was ok I guess.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
God drat that was prime verbal ownage. I mean, Seventh Doctor poo poo. :stare:

Probably gonna be a lot of people against it, but I really liked the way this played out. Rather than a big drawn out dramatic fight for the entire episode, one of his head games blew up spectacularly in his face, and Ollie just kind of shrugged and went "ok we're done" instead of letting him go out in a psychopathic blaze of glory.

I mean, clearly he's not done and William's still in a lot of danger, but telling him to go gently caress himself and then throwing him in a deep dark ARGUS hole was really cathartic. Gonna suck real bad for Ollie when he busts Slade out, though!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

6-year plan man posted:

I didn't like that a stupid speech disarmed him and made him give up i thought something was messed up until I saw the preview for next week then it was ok I guess.

Forget the preview, his smile in the cell was the giveaway.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Did I miss something? Rene gets cold feet about his daughter, gets a big ol' pep talk that turns things around, and then doesn't go to the hearing anyway?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Chase pulling out the sword reminds me of how Ollie really needs to be packing steel himself.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I remember one of DC's time jumps going "wait, Oliver's now REALLY good with a sword!" a few years back.

The best part of this season has been the creative team going "gently caress it, just let him arrow people in fight scenes" again. Like it makes no real sense, given how many scenes this year have been "WHY WOULD YOU KILL?" angst, but who gives a poo poo when the action is so good.

Also yo, Dolph goddamn Lundgren. The real KGBeast. Worth the wait, y'all.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Bruceski posted:

Did I miss something? Rene gets cold feet about his daughter, gets a big ol' pep talk that turns things around, and then doesn't go to the hearing anyway?
Probably got kidnapped by Chase.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

R-Type posted:

Nobody watched Arrow live tonight?

I watched it live but it's embarrassing to post without posting buddies.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Oracle posted:

Oh probably, just making sure I didn't miss anything in the show itself. I tend to watch while doing other stuff, so if there's a short quiet scene I can easily miss it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oracle posted:

He was still around when Chase was caught.

Something I thought was kind of goofy about the episode was the reveal that Oliver's terrible beard in the first episode was fake.

OB_Juan
Nov 24, 2004

Not every day is a good day.

Dinosaur Gum

Chokes McGee posted:

I mean, clearly he's not done and William's still in a lot of danger, but telling him to go gently caress himself and then throwing him in a deep dark ARGUS hole was really cathartic. Gonna suck real bad for Ollie when he busts Slade out, though!

Nah, I think he gave William to Slade.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Bruceski posted:

He was kind of giving up against the zombie guy too. It felt like a scene was missing.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4
I'm super pissed about the beard.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
:black101: I've murdered hundreds of people believing my father was a good man, but now I that have found out that my father killed somebody too, I will stop my killing spree... I mean being the Green Arrow.

:crossarms: No.

:black101: Okay!

Tarquinn fucked around with this message at 14:14 on May 13, 2017

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!
That final scene between Ollie and Chase was awful. Chase gave up way too easily, and even Ollie at his most idiotic should've figured something was up.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's a bunch of articles about Amell's Ninja Warrior run today. I guess they must have just done the tapings or something yesterday.

I saw a photo of him hitting the buzzer, and he was dry, so I guess he completes at least one stage. I'm not sure exactly what the format for this one is though, I think they just get to keep trying and it's based on time?

It airs next Thursday.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 20:19 on May 17, 2017

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

There's a bunch of articles about Amell's Ninja Warrior run today. I guess they must have just done the tapings or something yesterday.

I saw a photo of him hitting the buzzer, and he was dry, so I guess he completes at least one stage. I'm not sure exactly what the format for this one is though, I think they just get to keep trying and it's based on time?

It airs next Thursday.

It's a celebrity special with an altered track. They taped it a couple months ago.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Aphrodite posted:

It airs next Thursday.

Sneak Peek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baHfmHeySkE

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

X-O posted:

It's a celebrity special with an altered track. They taped it a couple months ago.

Right, but is it still a multi stage thing or just one run?

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Right, but is it still a multi stage thing or just one run?

I think it's a modified version of the city qualifier, which itself is a small version of the real course. I read it wasn't timed at all and it was just based on how many obstacles you got through.

I read that it was two rounds but nobody made it to the end of the second round from what I heard.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's a special event with no time because his Arrow contract wouldn't allow him to do the normal competition due to the potential for injury. He said on FB he plans to actually compete if it's still going after his time on Arrow is over/

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Even a bobo Ninja course is light years beyond what I could ever dream of doing, so props to him.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
In the preview he slayed the first two obstacles.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, as soon as he does that swinging thing from one to another he officially gets all my respect.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

drat Amell is ripped.

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

Flashbacks within flashbacks!

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

"If Malcolm Merlyn's proved anything locks don't matter to the League of Assassins," good line.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

How many times is this show going to gently caress with Quentin.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

drat she Morpheus'd them.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

What happened to shooting Chase if anyone interefered? These guys suck at their jobs.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Nyssa :neckbeard:

Manu :neckbeard::neckbeard::neckbeard:

nooneofconsequence fucked around with this message at 02:00 on May 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Should be a fun finale, that really feels like a series finale.

• Locked thread