Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm saying it doesn't matter. You won't see major turnaround in 2018. Trump might not get re-elected in 2020, but Republicans will retain control of the House, Senate, and an increasingly partisan Republican Supreme Court.

i don't think they can hold the house with their hosed health care bill, avoiding town halls, and trump's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBuilder
Jul 11, 2001

Trump asked Spicy to remove his right shoe and hand it over, at which point he beat him with it like a dog that pooped on the rug and then threw it out the window. Thank god walgreens had some shower shoes.

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Chokes McGee posted:

I can't believe I'm doing this but

poll rates are plummeting. the longer this goes on, the less safe Republicans are in both the House and Senate, which has a ripple effect to the state races as well

if we reach critical mass and gerrymandering starts breaking down then Republicans are hosed

with that being said the problem is 1) the current dem lineup are worthless centrist neoliberals and 2) lol polls after 2016

FactsAreUseless

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Chokes McGee posted:

gorilla mindset is to hang yourself, you get to leave this world with a boner

Ah I have a good manga panel for this but...

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fidel Castronaut posted:

i don't think they can hold the house with their hosed health care bill, avoiding town halls, and trump's bullshit.

FactsAreUseless

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Republicans may hang on to the Senate but I really doubt they retain the House

If AHCA passes they absolutely lose the House

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Fidel Castronaut posted:

the eternal mattering debate rages on

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
we won't flip the house or senate but it'll make it an even more tense situation and that's p. hilarious to do too

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

I'm saying it doesn't matter. You won't see major turnaround in 2018. Trump might not get re-elected in 2020, but Republicans will retain control of the House, Senate, and an increasingly partisan Republican Supreme Court.
I still believe the Democrats could take the House in 2018. Aren't gerrymandered districts extra vulnerable to wave elections?

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

This thread always gets really excited because THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE BIG ONE, THINGS ARE GONNA CHANGE and then they don't at all ever, because the system is broken to the point that none of this poo poo matters. One of the teams broke the game.

Utz
Aug 1, 2008

by vyelkin

heh sweet

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i hate this lady.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

polls in 2016 were accurate ihth

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

I like that young Donald Nixon is just young Richard Nixon :vince:

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

here's a clown to talk to you about wha the does at work. please talk only about clown questions.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

That DICK! posted:

is anyone else having a browser problem where the page keeps pulling up... goign up the page.

its either from all the tweets loading first as text and then tweetguing

or

your elevators arent working properly did u do a preflight checklist

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

This thread always gets really excited because THIS IS IT, THIS IS THE BIG ONE, THINGS ARE GONNA CHANGE and then they don't at all ever, because the system is broken to the point that none of this poo poo matters. One of the teams broke the game.

mostly I'm playing devil's advocate

I know things don't matter

and you know things don't matter

but

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib

That DICK! posted:

i hate this lady.

it was her daughter's birthday yesterday and her one wish was that you would be nice to her yesterday

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
weve been over this, you oafs - mattering isnt binary

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

the marvel of the millennium!!! behold, the TRUMP ENGINE

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

Oh boy, an EO on the Cyber!

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Cyberspace!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I still believe the Democrats could take the House in 2018. Aren't gerrymandered districts extra vulnerable to wave elections?

yes but there are still tons of r+infinity districts

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

GobiasIndustries posted:

lol he is such a dumb rear end in a top hat.

everyone knows if you ask a cop you're trying to sell weed to if he's a cop he has to tell you it's the law

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

got that Huckabee Slump, i see

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Not spicy is on

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

euphronius posted:

polls in 2016 were accurate ihth

if they were so accurate why didn't they poll the electoral college, :smugdon:

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN
i feel like spicy knew he was a fuckin' dork, and that was endearing

sarah sanders acts like she is an acerbic dry wit, and it's irritating

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Chokes McGee posted:

the eternal mattering debate rages on

as always, at some point, the nothing matters crew has to commit itself to our destiny being total republican control forever and only the worst things happening, which is kinda boring to me.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

What matters is 2020, that's when the census is done

Pelican Dunderhead
Jun 16, 2010

Ah! Hello Ershin!
Pillbug

quadrophrenic posted:

i feel like spicy knew he was a fuckin' dork, and that was endearing

sarah sanders acts like she is an acerbic dry wit, and it's irritating

look

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

i hope no one asks this guy questions

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chokes McGee posted:

mostly I'm playing devil's advocate

I know things don't matter

and you know things don't matter

but
Do you? Forums user Chokes McGee, I'm becoming concerned you may be suffering from a severe case of Acute Optimistic Disorder.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

paranoid randroid posted:

/

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

we're in a zero-sum mattering situation and the mattering, coincidentally, is equal to zero

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

i think there are like three people like that in comparison to two hundred "lol nothing matters" choirmembers

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

TheBuilder posted:

Trump asked Spicy to remove his right shoe and hand it over, at which point he beat him with it like a dog that pooped on the rug and then threw it out the window. Thank god walgreens had some shower shoes.

trump threw his shoe in the river as a joke

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

FactsAreUseless posted:

Do you? Forums user Chokes McGee, I'm becoming concerned you may be suffering from a severe case of Acute Optimistic Disorder.

I mean it flares up every now and then but it's been a lot better since I started my meds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

the cyber EO has been leaked

• Locked thread