Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/marvel-entertainment-square-enix-announce-avengers-project

SE knows their priorities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

a Loving Dog posted:

this game could have gone for years its so stupid
they could have put out a season per year forever and I would be perfectly happy. All I wanted was more

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Awesome.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thats probably going to be a good game.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I seriously hope their offices go up in flames rn

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

they could have put out a season per year forever and I would be perfectly happy. All I wanted was more

This is a pretty universal desire. I would definitely pay every year for more of this game.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Shitman.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

don't loving joke around today. i'm not in the mood

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Take it somewhere else

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

Man I really thought the Eidos games Square has been publishing the last few years were hitting it out of the park, but now Tomb Raider is all that remains

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
What the gently caress

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

frank.club posted:

What the gently caress

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!
F

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

HORMELCHILI posted:

I seriously hope their offices go up in flames rn

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Between this and the last Deus Ex game being shipped without an ending so they can finish it in DLC or a sequel that will now never come because the game didn't sell because it shipped without an ending, Square Enix is really hitting the home runs right now.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I hope the square enix guy burns in hell for all eternity

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Liquid Drink posted:

Dissidia: Free To Play

The Japanese arcade exclusive Dissidia 3 looks loving sweet honestly.... I hope it gets a PS4 port.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Oh my god they're actually making a sequel to the 2014 Thief reboot... Square Enix needs to be swallowed by the earth.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

they binned Hitman, Deus Ex, Sleeping Dogs and I think Tobm Raider in order to make Thief 5

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Cant wait to watch that steamer fail spectacularly

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

"another hitman? thought i killed all of you" - square enix

[hitman fans in the audience go WILD at this reference]

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Oh my god they're actually making a sequel to the 2014 Thief reboot... Square Enix needs to be swallowed by the earth.

Oh and a Thief Reboot Movie...awesome.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i hope they do a final update that lets you take the ninja suit everywhere haha. and the b-ball bat

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

dmn, this is hosed. th IO games are the best thng SE's put out in years

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Fungah! posted:

dmn, this is hosed. th IO games are the best thng SE's put out in years

The games they did with SE before this (Kane & Lynch 2, Absolution) sucked. They finally got their heads back on straight and now this happens...

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I don't understand how all the always-online stuff everyone was complaining about works. Will we still be able to play the regular missions when the plug gets pulled or is the whole game going under?

Apparently they're looking to sell IO, which may or may not include its IPs. I won't get too optimistic but there's a slight glimmer of hope.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I don't understand how all the always-online stuff everyone was complaining about works. Will we still be able to play the regular missions when the plug gets pulled or is the whole game going under?

Apparently they're looking to sell IO, which may or may not include its IPs. I won't get too optimistic but there's a slight glimmer of hope.

if nothing was done and the servers were pulled you would only be able to play missions with what you already have unlocked and not be able to complete challenges or unlock any new items

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

if nothing was done and the servers were pulled you would only be able to play missions with what you already have unlocked and not be able to complete challenges or unlock any new items

I assume they would like, patch all that poo poo out if they were tanking the servers. ....right?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In like 2018 and beyond it may be impossible for people to ever experience this game which is so hosed up

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

out of reach forever, like my professor layton weekly puzzles

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Lots of people complained when the plug got pulled on MAG, and that was back when it was struggling to keep enough players online at once to start a 256-player match. I have a feeling that suddenly rendering a game that came out less than two years ago, which has received immense praise and is owned by millions of people across 3 systems, completely unplayable forever due to corporate shenanigans would be an enormous controversy and deal a huge blow to the credibility that SE has been trying to build (WAY worse than the blowback for Thief '14 and botching DE:MD)

Making a beloved and very recently finished full-price singleplayer game unplayable forever would probably be one of the most unwise decisions in gaming history, and I don't doubt Square Enix will do just that. Sucks

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

In Training posted:

I assume they would like, patch all that poo poo out if they were tanking the servers. ....right?

lol

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The games they did with SE before this (Kane & Lynch 2, Absolution) sucked. They finally got their heads back on straight and now this happens...

Squeenix forced them to use a lovely business model and Absolution damaged a lot of gamers' goodwill which is why the new one underperformed i guess

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006
I bought it as part of that target b2g1 deal a couple months ago. Still haven't opened it since I've been playing yakuza and mgsv. Does this mean I'm screwed?

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

The Maestro posted:

I bought it as part of that target b2g1 deal a couple months ago. Still haven't opened it since I've been playing yakuza and mgsv. Does this mean I'm screwed?

Not for a few months at least

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

The Maestro posted:

You should play it, because it's good.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

The Maestro posted:

I'm gonna say I'd be really surprised if they didn't at least keep the servers going a couple more years and also potentially patch it to work offline if they drop them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elusif
Jun 9, 2008

Or if all else fails I am sure someone will figure out how to emulate the server connection.

• Locked thread