Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"
you can also click the little gear and get it to play at 0.5x speed if it is too fast for your old eyes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
not to mention arrow keys to jump forward or back 5 seconds

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Mad Wack posted:

you can also click the little gear and get it to play at 0.5x speed if it is too fast for your old eyes
on the other side of things, i wish youtube's ios app allowed speed changes, there's so much i find improved at 1.25-1.5x speed

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

KoRMaK posted:

Yea, the beginning with the elements being created was cool and accurate - most people don't realize uranium comes form like 2nd or 3rd gen stars and what that means for earth.

The only thing that stuck in my craw is that he said the bomb won WWII when really the russias being accross the shore were supposedaly the main motivation for the Japanese surrendering

https://vimeo.com/136256488 fwiw

polyester concept posted:

also it mostly ignored environmental stuff once humans came along

i, too, am upset that the silly animated song video is not scrupulously and comprehensively accurate

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
but but :okpos:

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

that would likely be an improvement for the people targeted by The Sign

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

lmao trap sprung but that's my regular game store. that photo is ancient cause they haven't carried the game on the left there in years

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

lmao trap sprung but that's my regular game store. that photo is ancient cause they haven't carried the game on the left there in years
wes craven's last game on the left

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.

KoRMaK posted:

The only thing that stuck in my craw is that he said the bomb won WWII when really the russias being accross the shore were supposedaly the main motivation for the Japanese surrendering

I've heard this explained a bit backwards. It wasn't Japan that was worried about the Russians as much as it was the US. In other words part of the reason for the US nuking Japan twice in quick succession was to get them to surrender before the Russians invaded and took it over themselves.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

RICHARD STALLMAN THIS MEANS YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

I've heard this explained a bit backwards. It wasn't Japan that was worried about the Russians as much as it was the US. In other words part of the reason for the US nuking Japan twice in quick succession was to get them to surrender before the Russians invaded and took it over themselves.

i wonder what that world would be like. maybe they would be spared the scourge of japanimation

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

prefect posted:

i wonder what that world would be like. maybe they would be spared the scourge of japanimation

we either nuked japan too hard or not enough imo

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

it was neither of those things, the us wanted to show off they had nukes to the world

russia had no hope of invading japan, they did not really have the naval resources that'd be needed in the pacific, and the us wasn't going to provide that stuff

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
there are entire threads in d&d about this, we don't need another one

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Kenny Logins posted:

wes craven's last game on the left

before the crackdown that resulted in that sign, the place was a real horror story

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

fishmech posted:

it was neither of those things, the us wanted to show off they had nukes to the world

russia had no hope of invading japan, they did not really have the naval resources that'd be needed in the pacific, and the us wasn't going to provide that stuff
yeah it was the "we have all these expensive killing chemicals expiring, better execute some death row inmates soon" of 1945. they couldn't take the risk of trying to nuke germany

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Cat Face Joe posted:

before the crackdown that resulted in that sign, the place was a real horror story
:thejoke:

:)

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

okay so basically they're telling 90% of their customers to not come in??

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

sorry, I should have emphasized

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

haveblue posted:

there are entire threads in d&d about this, we don't need another one

The yospos picture thread has to have a natural flow. You can't force funny pictures without the occasional nuke derail (no way was the US going to spend that much money and not use it. They didn't understand the serious implications of this weapon of genocide until years later).

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

They need that sign at every venue which is having a metal show.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

all hail president lemongrab

https://twitter.com/kthorjensen/status/862697862160711684

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

We Know Catheters posted:

They need that sign at every venue which is having a metal show.

lol, I went to the local metal bar last friday with a friend for old (read drunk) times sake and there was a gig on; I mentioned that the smell was very reminiscent of childhood as I spent a lot of time in the local seafront arcades growing up and it wasn't until I was late teens until I realised what the single signature fragrance of all the arcades was (smokes and sweats) :o:

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

NoneMoreNegative posted:

I spent a lot of time in the local seafront arcades growing up

new morrissey single looking pithier than usual

Video Nasty
Jun 17, 2003

fishmech posted:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

i thought the h-bomb wasn't actually built until after wwii?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Preston Is a huge dumbass the H-bomb was 1952

also Germany had surrendered already I dunno time's a bummer like that sometimes

also dropping the Bomb was a universal bad

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

prefect posted:

i thought the h-bomb wasn't actually built until after wwii?

yeah, true thermonuclear devices (where a fission detonation is used to trigger a fusion reaction) were not built until the 50s and none have ever been used in anger

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Taintrunner posted:

Preston Is a huge dumbass the H-bomb was 1952

also Germany had surrendered already I dunno time's a bummer like that sometimes

also dropping the Bomb was a universal bad

H-bomb stands for huge bomb.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

huge

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

H-bomb stands for huge bomb.
president brainholes to drop y-bomb

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn

I smell it all the time.

http://i.imgur.com/3LQC5OP.gifv

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I found this picture labeled "Xbox 720 controller"

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LP0 ON FIRE
Jan 25, 2006

beep boop

if you press the big xbox button by mistake the console shuts off and you lose all your progress

• Locked thread