Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Whenever somebody makes a post saying "<thing> shouldn't be posted anymore because it is bad and I do not like it" I gotta wonder what they're doing ITT in the first place

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.
Why not scroll past?

I bet you're secretly curious to see what happens, you minxes.

Avirosb
Nov 21, 2016

Everyone makes pisstakes
I tried to make Zelda political again.

Streak
May 16, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Not only should Zelda continue to be posted but we should bring back dbd

ACRE & EQUAT
Aug 28, 2004

FUNERAL BREADS
WAR BREAD

Kopijeger posted:

I guess it's mocking the practice of giving fancy names to fad foods, but strictly speaking it wouldn't be porridge unless it has been boiled.

Another strip, apparently a feminist attempt at gross-out humour:

Garfield have you seen my AIDS socks?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Streak posted:

Not only should Zelda continue to be posted but we should bring back dbd

If DBD comes back we need a volunteer to censor out all the nudity by photoshopping Zelda over it

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Avirosb posted:

Last panel guest written by Fish

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Ekster posted:

Zelda is bad and uninteresting.

Thanks for reading my valuable input.

Sorry, got here late.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

The translation is bad, but the joke is good: people are being loving ridiculous with the "new" food fads, which are usually just something old and normal with a new fancy name.

Mrs. Squashy is plant-based chef, and the "overnight oats" trend is HOT, HOT, HOT right now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lightning Lord posted:

I'm not reading Secret Empire because I have better comics to read and Nick Spencer is a Bad™ but isn't the plot that Captain America is a fascist now through shenanigans and using Hydra to conquer America or something, not that they're being painted as good guys?

IDGI

There's a secret progressive faction of Hydra that isn't racist (despite being lead by a character that was introduced as a Hydra member that fled to the USA after the war and joined the KKK) and is egalitarian and working for The Greater Good.

Really bad, especially considering that Jack Kirby was jewish and regularly received death threats from american nazis.

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 16:48 on May 11, 2017

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
people have strong opinions about children's media that will all be returned to the status quo in 5 months

Loops
Oct 20, 2011

Avirosb posted:

Wait in the first and second panel she's wearing a completely different necklace than in the last two. Is that supposed to mean something? Did she change necklaces? Do the two last panels take place at a totally different party :psyduck:

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
*Zelda gets posted*

"I'm tired of people posting this garbage!"

*Branco, Tinsley, Prickly City gets posted*

"Aww yea that's the stuff."

Schpyder
Jun 13, 2002

Attackle Grackle

Ularg posted:

*Zelda gets posted*

Clearly Zelda just isn't soul-crushingly awful enough for this thread.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Bob Gorrell hasn't submitted a cartoon for exactly one month. His laziness has reached its ultimate form.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I always wondered what the Norway Then and Now cartoon would look like if Asay were on bath salts.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

"Who would be dumb enough to fall for this?" I said, reading the justification that Comey was fired because of his unfair treatment of Hillary Clinton. As it turns out,

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

God drat, that's dark.

quote:

And this is good.

KillerJunglist
May 22, 2007

Lion of Judah protect you, Jah be praised.
Jeez, since everyone is talking about it so much:

I think Zelda does belong in the thread, just like any other cartoon that gets posted.

I usually skip Zelda because it doesn't include any news of the day, which is something I actually get out of this thread (I don't really watch any TV anymore so, just like a lot of you, this is one of the places where I get my news). The ones I have read are okay, maybe a slight chuckle at best. Despite its edginess to an American audience, the jokes honestly do feel like they belong in the funny pages.

And despite the artist being able to draw expressive, well thought out characters, I'm not fond of that style. Reminds me too much of Archie comics.

But in all this discussion, we've forgotten the real purpose of this thread:

One day, that Macron will grow up to butt-gently caress a south american politician.

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -

Duckbag posted:

So goons were happy to tolerate dbd for years even though it wasn't political half the time but cool swedish femitoons are right out?

There's a Stockholm syndrome joke it there somewhere, I just know it.

THE LATTER DOESN'T ADVOCATE RAPING PEOPLE FOR NOT WANTING TO KILL MUSLIMS, DIPSHIT

Broken Loose
Dec 25, 2002

PROGRAM
A > - - -
LR > > - -
LL > - - -
2017 political discourse: hrmm between nazis and not-nazis yes i guess both sides are equal? both sides are definitely equal

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Broken Loose posted:

THE LATTER DOESN'T ADVOCATE RAPING PEOPLE FOR NOT WANTING TO KILL MUSLIMS, DIPSHIT

Broken Loose posted:

2017 political discourse: hrmm between nazis and not-nazis yes i guess both sides are equal? both sides are definitely equal

the guy you're responding to wasn't saying that, which i'm only pointing out cause plenty of other people were

just call the actual dipshits dipshits, not the guy who was calling it hypocritical

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

KillerJunglist posted:

But in all this discussion, we've forgotten the real purpose of this thread:

One day, that Macron will grow up to butt-gently caress a south american politician.

Holy poo poo

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

mandatory lesbian posted:

the guy you're responding to wasn't saying that, which i'm only pointing out cause plenty of other people were

just call the actual dipshits dipshits, not the guy who was calling it hypocritical

Wait, it was a misunderstanding? I thought bl was mad because Zelda wasn't a horrible rape toon. Pretty disappointed tbh.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
So these cartoons and people calling Dems hypocrites are completely missing the point like they did with the pussy-grabbing thing right? Like, my understanding is that the reason the Comey firing is suspicious is because he was investigating the president. So I really don't think it's an issue of "we used to hate Comey for what he did to Hillary" turning into "how could they fire Comey? I love that guy."

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

WHEN YOU YOURSELF ARE MADE OF CARBON, LIBS

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Grimdude posted:

So these cartoons and people calling Dems hypocrites are completely missing the point like they did with the pussy-grabbing thing right? Like, my understanding is that the reason the Comey firing is suspicious is because he was investigating the president. So I really don't think it's an issue of "we used to hate Comey for what he did to Hillary" turning into "how could they fire Comey? I love that guy."

Remember it's the GOP we're talking about here, context is strictly optional

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

stiglich posted:

The media bias has become laughable.

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

So, instead of Liberty Enlightening The World, you get what? Liberty Denouncing The Regime?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Ularg posted:

*Zelda gets posted*

This is the Political Comics thread, not the Actually OK Comics Thread. :colbert:

My only beef is that Zelda seems political the same way that Dave Willis' comics are/were political: They generally aren't, but every so often they put out one that does make a political point that would be relevant to the thread on some level.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
stiglich feels more and more trumpish

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the sacking of the FBI director – James Comey’s firing raises questions about his investigation into links between the Trump campaign and Russia"

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
MAC on... Jeremy Corbyn's election tactics

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Hmm, might have something to do with one event taking place 600 years ago, and one taking place 60 years ago with a brutal military occupation still in place. But I don't know :shrug:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
MAC on... Jeremy Corbyn's election tactics

Hmm yes, because as we all know, Russia's been covertly supporting left-wing parties.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Kurtofan posted:

stiglich feels more and more trumpish

Of course he is. He's a wingnut rear end in a top hat; any "Trump is bad too, I guess" cartoons are weak attempts to seem broadly credible. See also: The National Review, various "Never Trump"ers, so-called GOP moderates, etc., etc.

I mean...

quote:

The media bias has become laughable.

And he puts CNN, who goes out of its way to hire Trump loons. Or that hypes Chris "EMAILS EMAILS EMAAAAAILS!" Cillizza as some sort of voice of reason. What more do you want, Stiglich?

Yeah, gently caress this guy.

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 11, 2017

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Pakled posted:

Hmm yes, because as we all know, Russia's been covertly supporting left-wing parties.

No, but Mac is implying that Corbyn is desperate enough to try.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

A make the Byzantine empire great again cartoon. If he wants to return things to the Constantinople era, he should be consistent and agree to hand over Israel to a bunch of Greeks.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

STOP loving

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Kopijeger posted:

So, instead of Liberty Enlightening The World, you get what? Liberty Denouncing The Regime?

How about Liberty bashing the fash?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

"The Bible says slavery is bad, therefore homosexuality is also bad" - an actual argument holy poo poo.

• Locked thread