Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Captain Log posted:

Why is loving Keven the only dude here who really seems to get why a biological passport is a supremely hosed up concept?

Why do you think it's so hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I still don't really get what it is tbh.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

GSP should just fight Nick Diaz again at middleweight

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Keven joking aside I was making the point that if GSP really had popped for something Dana White would be crowing about it to every reporter he could. Since he hasn't I don't think it is likely.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Novum posted:

TL;DR: they can test old samples and pop you for poo poo they didn't originally catch or have a test for.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

TL;DR: they can test old samples and pop you for poo poo they didn't originally catch or have a test for.

manyak posted:

Basically they have a record of a bunch of biological variables and they track changes over time for anything suspicious that would indicate PED use. Especially PEDs that are hard to test for through normal methods

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Skip My Posts posted:

Why do you think it's so hosed up

check his av

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Novum posted:

In layman's terms bc that's how I understand it myself, there are PEDs and other banned substances that cause detectable changes in your body, but very faint ones that are only detectable over a long period of time. So a bio passport is where the testing agencies collect various samples of blood/pee/skin whatever over the course of months to years and track your poo poo so they can see what your hormones are doing and if they are showing long term signs of PED use that are hard or impossible to detect otherwise.

The ethical concerns, as I understand it come in a sci fi paranoia sense where people are worried it's just weird and lovely to have a long term file of your DNA locked up somewhere for who knows how long, and a bit more practically with whether it works well enough to justify keeping it around or if it's just going to flag you for natural poo poo like your balls not working as well bc you're 35 or whatever

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

1st AD posted:

check his av

eyah its the guy who hosed up jon jones toe

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
ITs a massive invasion of privacy that lets them retroactively punish you years later for whatever dumb crap they want & it's just incredibly humiliating as a human being haha.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

And eventually all that DNA will be used to make a genetically perfect fighter with Hitler's brain and tiny balls.

Or that's the plot to an SNK game...

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
i dont see whats bad about keith kizer having a detailed biyearly breakdown of your sperm count

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Make 10k + 500 dollar reebok stipend for old droopystache to drop by your house and stare at your dick

Nifft
Oct 5, 2001
I'm absolutely spiffng!
Are they keeping the actual blood samples? Or just the results from tests. The former sounds really creepy.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Keith Kizer: hrmmm flavor profile seems off, gonna have to do further testing

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

the intro to deus ex but it's the NSAC

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

And eventually all that DNA will be used to make a genetically perfect fighter with Hitler's brain and tiny balls.

Or that's the plot to an SNK game...

It's the plot to every game worth playing.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

Work Friend Keven posted:

ITs a massive invasion of privacy that lets them retroactively punish you years later for whatever dumb crap they want & it's just incredibly humiliating as a human being haha.

if you can bang with a dude on free tv, surely you can pee in a cup in front of a creepy guy with a badge

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

Yoel's never going to fight Bisping since he'll piss hot. Jacare won't because he's literally a million years old and will piss hot. Bisping will retire after beating an unretired Rich Franklin in a five round decision.

Lord Waffle Beard
Dec 7, 2013
As long as we don't have to watch bisping fight it's all good

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Yoel is older than Jacare

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Lord Waffle Beard posted:

As long as we don't have to watch bisping fight it's all good

Yeah it uh... It kinda sucks unless he's getting owned.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Rockhold bisping 3

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
how much is yoel gonna be favored?

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Captain Log posted:

Why is loving Keven the only dude here who really seems to get why a biological passport is a supremely hosed up concept?

its fine. they have your bloods on record but so what .. its not like you dont need to clear a medical to compete anyway. there are way more ethical concerns with letting athletes get away with taking untested poo poo and beating up other people while on that poo poo.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Bluedeanie posted:

Yoel is older than Jacare

By his birth certificate he is but I feel like the HGH he injects is far younger.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Skip My Posts posted:

how much is yoel gonna be favored?

-250 or so I'd say.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

so is GSP a coward or no?

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

They've been pretty open since they started USADA testing that they'll keep your samples on file and be able to retroactively drug test you, I thought the consensus was that it's a good thing overall?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

coconono posted:

so is GSP a coward or no?

We've known this for like a decade, however he is also on steroids.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he saw that johny hendricks interview and retired again

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I would guess that on top of not happening till November at the earliest, they also pulled the Bisping GSP fight because no one seemed to give a poo poo about it.

If GSP is going to still fight I hope it's back at 170. Maybe he can jab Woodley to death.

Skip My Posts posted:

he saw that johny hendricks interview and retired again

threeagainstfour fucked around with this message at 21:15 on May 11, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
it's gonna be so cool when Bisping smokes Yoel and you all have to acknowledge he is the greatest

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Bisping is going to beat Yoel

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Bisping is gonna 48-47 Yoel while doing no damage at all

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not long till Bisping is the undisputed MW GOAT.

It'll be good times.

And by that I mean he already is, obviously.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
bisping is the best and i really hope he wins but yoel has shown a worrying lack of getting insanely tired against weidman. in the jacare fight he was so gassed that he landed like one significant strike in the first minute of round 2 and then did nothing for the rest of the fight. in the weidman fight he was beating weidman in round 2 with wrestling and competitive in stand up and in round 3 still had enough gas to kill weidman with nearly no cheating...

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

Bispings already dead

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Marching Powder posted:

bisping is the best and i really hope he wins but yoel has shown a worrying lack of getting insanely tired against weidman. in the jacare fight he was so gassed that he landed like one significant strike in the first minute of round 2 and then did nothing for the rest of the fight. in the weidman fight he was beating weidman in round 2 with wrestling and competitive in stand up and in round 3 still had enough gas to kill weidman with nearly no cheating...

I look forward to Romero's baffled expression and shoulder shrug as the ref screams for a towel between rounds to wipe off all the water that somehow got poured all over him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

It's really good to cheat.

• Locked thread