Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Grittybeard posted:

We can all agree Josh Gordon is way more responsible than Justin Blackmon.

Poor Blackmon :(

Whatever happened to that dude? He fell off the face of the Earth. What is he up to now?

Is Herm Edwards the best Jets coach during the Patriots Reign of Terror Era? I say yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

He fell off the face of the Earth. What is he up to now?

His eyes in a fifth of booze basically.

He just moved back home and he drinks all the time as far as anyone can tell. No desire or attempt to get back to playing at all.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Is Herm Edwards the best Jets coach during the Patriots Reign of Terror Era? I say yes.
He's the only one to win the division and he had 2 playoff wins, so yes.

On a related note, gently caress Doug Brien.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

You really rarely see honest to God straight up helpless alcoholism.

it's horrifying.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

FizFashizzle posted:

You really rarely see honest to God straight up helpless alcoholism.

it's horrifying.

It's actually not too uncommon friend

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I don't know, I'm sure any EMT / ER worker is really familiar with it.

Most other people, probably not so much.

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

daryl washington cut

sean10mm
Jun 29, 2005

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, MAD-2R World

Diqnol posted:

It's actually not too uncommon friend

It's common, but it's one of those things where if it doesn't affect a friend/family member/yourself, you can mostly avoid ever having to see it. And most people treat anything that isn't rubbed in their face 24/7 as not existing pretty much.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
:stare:

https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/862693108806557697

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

Flikken posted:

It does feel that way. I would like to remind everyone that his failed tests were codeine in his cough medicine, pot at such a low level that if they had reversed the order of the samples he would have passed and taking a drink on a plane after his season ended but not the league year.

How long should he go since his last failure to be allowed back in???

maybe he shouldn't have been drinking lean and smoking pot when he was already on the radar

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Josh Gordon is a victim of the NFL's bullshit and 99% of comments I see on the web are victim blaming. He's being tormented over the tiniest infractions of a useless rule. Meanwhile the league goes through opiates like Wheaties.

Also it's fuckin weird how white players never violate the substance abuse policy apparently

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Moxie posted:

Josh Gordon is a victim of the NFL's bullshit and 99% of comments I see on the web are victim blaming. He's being tormented over the tiniest infractions of a useless rule. Meanwhile the league goes through opiates like Wheaties.

Also it's fuckin weird how white players never violate the substance abuse policy apparently

He doesn't even piss hot for actual PED's like the Seahawks.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

a top-level athlete beating a commoner unconscious may have taken one punch for all we know which could happen to anyone in a moment of righteous indignation

FebrezeNinja
Nov 22, 2007

From the article I read earlier, the victim said he was challenged to go out back and he did, which is why there isn't a criminal case.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

FebrezeNinja posted:

From the article I read earlier, the victim said he was challenged to go out back and he did, which is why there isn't a criminal case.

I'd assumed they lured him out there in some way (the most obvious way I can think to do this is invite him go smoke some weed with them or something).

I mean this guy is insane if he just went out to fight them. Sharpe might not be the most intimidating guy but when his buddy is this guy I think I'd think twice:

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

FebrezeNinja posted:

It kind of seems like that would detract from a civil case too. He accepted a formal challenge.

Also, when did you become a ninja? Or is this a different Febreeze?

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Moxie posted:

:laffo:

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/862763421527355395

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Oh they must have an eye out for his replacement...

https://twitter.com/KimJonesSports/status/862763140374835202

wyd Bears

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

weird Asian candy posted:

wyd Bears

GLENNON NEEDS WEAPONS

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
If both parties agree to a fistfight is the ensuing beat down legal?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

SHOAH NUFF posted:

How do you think hockey started

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

iospace posted:

How do you think hockey started

I don't know where you came from, stranger, but you're alright by me

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

SHOAH NUFF posted:

To an extent, yeah.

Weren't there some MMA weidoes going around in Seattle for a few years doing just that? Phoenix Jones and his friends would dress up like batman and challenge roudy drunk assholes to fights if they were bothering people.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Dexo posted:

GLENNON NEEDS A WEAPON

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

weird Asian candy posted:

wyd Bears

It makes sense. They both fill the role of busted, broken, oft injured slot receiver who is overpriced.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Looking over the Browns schedule, I don't see how they could go less than 11-5. developing 2nd year QB, stiffened defense, contract year RB

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Looking over the Browns schedule, I don't see how they could go less than 11-5. developing 2nd year QB, stiffened defense, contract year RB

It's The Browns

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I don't see how a historically bad franchise could possibly lose! :v:

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

iospace posted:

It's The Browns

They've got a very solid OL now, stiffened and flexible defense especially with Hue's creative coaching, a strong RB in a contract year, and in Cody Kessler, a strong developing young QB who will do much better with the improved pass pro

most likely worst to first candidate this upcoming season imo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

It's The Browns

This sounds like a bad sitcom that lasts a couple of years and then sticks around forever in syndication. The football version of WKRP in Cincinnati.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
every single good NFL team throughout history, what do they have. a solid O line.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Plus the other 3 teams in the AFC North are on the decline. Cleveland is the only one with an up arrow next to it.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

You don't see how the Browns won't be contending for a first round bye? Hi I've got something for you
*smacks you in the face with a huge book of NFL History*

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Grittybeard posted:

This sounds like a bad sitcom that lasts a couple of years and then sticks around forever in syndication. The football version of WKRP in Cincinnati.

Except WKRP was (and still is) good.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

every single good NFL team throughout history, what do they have. a solid O line.

Yeah the Seahawks have certainly had a top notch O line through their run

(but yeah for the most part a solid o line)

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

You don't see how the Browns won't be contending for a first round bye? Hi I've got something for you
*smacks you in the face with a huge book of NFL History*

history said the saints would never win a super bowl too!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

history said the saints would never win a super bowl too!

To quote a great man:

Sour Diesel posted:

loving lol at teams that lose super bowls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
People expecting a lot out of a team with 20 players with 1 or less years experience. 4-12

• Locked thread