Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

sirtommygunn posted:

"The Bible says slavery is bad, therefore homosexuality is also bad" - an actual argument holy poo poo.

"Also, when you think about was slavery really all that bad?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Just one more step and he'll be ready to accept a lot of his ancestors are in hell right now.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

There will always be gay people who don't give a gently caress what you think, Adam4DD; I hope for your sake that your endgame takes that into account.

Duckbox
Sep 7, 2007

Welp, guess Christians are all going to hell for eating shellfish, mixing fabrics, working on the sabbath (whichever day that is), living in a credit-based economy, and all the rest, then.

Might as well go find me a slave to sodomize.

I know this guy would probably just be all "nyah, that's the Old Testament," but there's totally poo poo in the New Testament that people refuse to follow (like our tax cheat president refusing to render unto Caesar). I don't think lovely comics count as "alms to the poor" just cause no one will pay for them neither.

Motherfucker, Timothy isn't even one of the Gospels.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

"well, stevedave 3:19 says you should gimme yer sammich, or else you'll burn in heck."

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Apes-Ma
Aug 9, 2011

Your cage isn't getting any bigger.

KillerJunglist posted:

But in all this discussion, we've forgotten the real purpose of this thread:

I have no idea what this is trying to say. Macron was sent to destroy the earth, but hit his head and is now the president of France??

Is this an actual political cartoon or just something from the dredges of deviantart?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

KillerJunglist posted:

But in all this discussion, we've forgotten the real purpose of this thread:

One day, that Macron will grow up to butt-gently caress a south american politician.

Accurate:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ffmHJwJiM

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

obligatory

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhqUk28OwHs

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Kinda sliding into 'visit by the secret service' territory here, buddy.

"Oh no, I, James Comey, director of the FBI not only have been fired from my job at the FBI by the president, Donald Trump, I cannot relax with a television show other than the National Broadcasting Company's The Apprentice, in which the host, Donald Trump, who is currently the president of the United States of America, fires people every episode and in fact has made a catchphrase out of the fact that he does so!"

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

President Trump is a fungi?

Skippy Granola
Sep 3, 2011

It's not what it looks like.

Dr Cheeto posted:

President Trump is a fungi?

Not if you're a 16 year old beauty pageant contestant

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Beeler seems to have taken a page out of Brian Fairrington's and Sean Delonas' books and decided to hate everyone on alternate days.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Grimdude posted:

So these cartoons and people calling Dems hypocrites are completely missing the point like they did with the pussy-grabbing thing right? Like, my understanding is that the reason the Comey firing is suspicious is because he was investigating the president. So I really don't think it's an issue of "we used to hate Comey for what he did to Hillary" turning into "how could they fire Comey? I love that guy."

Were (elected) Dems even calling for Comey to be fired or for him to just be a bit less partisan? I don't seem to recall anyone (who matters) calling on Obama to fire the guy so the FBI would stop investigating Hillary.

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

duz posted:

Were (elected) Dems even calling for Comey to be fired or for him to just be a bit less partisan? I don't seem to recall anyone (who matters) calling on Obama to fire the guy so the FBI would stop investigating Hillary.

They definitely were, because he was sticking his oar into the election, which he was not supposed to do. Certainly paid off for him, didn't it?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Trump literally thought dems couldn't object to the firing of Comey just because they had criticized him before. This is our president.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I love JRROSE comics, I have no idea why, maybe it's because he has the dumbest opinions or he's literally just the most inoffensive Conservative ever.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Internet Kraken posted:

Trump literally thought dems couldn't object to the firing of Comey just because they had criticized him before. This is our president.

We live in a Branco cartoon.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

DariusLikewise posted:

I love JRROSE comics, I have no idea why, maybe it's because he has the dumbest opinions or he's literally just the most inoffensive Conservative ever.

I played in a private minecraft server with JRROSE, when he was not online I broke into his house (a hobbit hole). It was all very nice, and I left a message as a sign. He was very happy when he found the message. I have only made the connection recently*

I suspect most cartoon artist are very nice people out of their art.

* Or maybe I am lying.

wearing a lampshade
Mar 6, 2013

Skippy Granola posted:

Not if you're a 16 year old beauty pageant contestant

:wow:

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Tei posted:

I suspect most cartoon artist are very nice people out of their art.

Not so sure. Of the thread regulars, the McCoys, Lester, Ramirez, Rall, McKee, Branco, and Kirschen are all awful people IRL.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

D.N. Nation posted:

Not so sure. Of the thread regulars, the McCoys, Lester, Ramirez, Rall, McKee, Branco, and Kirschen are all awful people IRL.
Don't forget Chip "are you Chinese?" Bok!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

I thought Rall was reported to be actually very pleasant in personal interaction?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Tenebrais posted:

I thought Rall was reported to be actually very pleasant in personal interaction?

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

lol goddamn rall is the smuggest shitpile

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Tenebrais posted:

I'm sure he'd say that

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

First impressions are everything, and this is the only Rall cartoon anyone should ever have to see.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

man, everytime i see that one, i'm like "wow"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Rall: Citizen Kane sucks because it's boring.
Ebert: That's a matter of personal preference. Regardless, it's still important in the history of cinema.
Rall: Yeah, but it blows.

(Also, Rall's Lincoln looks like Luke Wilson. Never noticed that before.)

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

How can Citizen Kane be a good movie when it contains not one mention of me, Ted Rall?

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

This has been making the rounds..

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

New Yorker posted:

http://i.imgur.com/mt4SHcs.jpg

This is art.

Normal behaviors are so deeply imbued in us, that we don't know what face to use for weird poo poo.

Maybe we don't have that face. Maybe people don't know what face to use.

Tei fucked around with this message at 23:11 on May 11, 2017

KillerQueen
Jul 13, 2010

Pants Donkey posted:

STOP loving
snip

I need to get one of those eye trackers so I can show people how quickly my attention just sliiiiiides off of Adam 4d's comics. It's like literary teflon.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

It's like this comic was designed to ruin any "are we gonna gently caress or what?" but fails because I still think it'd be funny.

This owns

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Please get Trump away from that little girl. :aaa:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

Come on Yaakov you know that isn't anybody's business but the Turks.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Duckbag posted:

Motherfucker, Timothy isn't even one of the Gospels.

Timothy 1:9-10 doesn't even say slavery is a sin. It just includes slave traders as part of a list of other people that society generally disliked but that the Bible applies to. It's not a "list of sin" in the slightest. And since Paul in Colossians and elsewhere tells slaves to obey their masters, slavery is clearly not some sort of grave or mortal sin (edit: to Paul and presumably Timothy anyways). That's really not an uncommon attitude towards slavery in the Bible. Bad and awful but not really a sin.

gently caress, in Philemon Paul recaptures a fugitive slave for their master, further confirming he's basically the worst.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 12, 2017

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Payne joining the Trump hill to die on.

But not McCoy, surprisingly.

It should come to no surprise that Benson ate the Trump smokescreen like honey.

Ramirez has yet to do a comic on Comey, instead going the Fox News route and doing cartoons on random topics like marijuana

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Pants Donkey posted:

But not McCoy, surprisingly.

This can't be real.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Office Pig posted:

This can't be real.
It's a real firm rear end, that's for sure.

• Locked thread