Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

IcePhoenix posted:

This is your only post in the thread and I have no idea what you're talking about.

He made an "Astros, bitch" thread which has literally no chance of getting off the ground because it's May and also they're not the Cubs

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Wish list for Tribe should they still be doing well at Deadline:

1. Get rid of Trevor Bauer.
2. Find proper CF.
3. Find C who can hit.
4. Find another adequate starting pitcher.

Astros wish list: Mike Fiers DFA'd, a lefty to come out of the pen

Tony Sipp was a high 4s-low 5s FIP guy, then had two years up sub 3 FIP, signed an extension, then had it jump right into the sixes. This season it has improved to 4.38

He's currently the only lefty in the Astros pen

Intruder fucked around with this message at 18:19 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Mets will never get healthy, sorry

https://twitter.com/JonHeyman/status/862726175357120512

mets

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

sucks, that's his beatin' arm

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

What in the everloving gently caress is going on over in Queens.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

What in the everloving gently caress is going on over in Queens.

i don't think anyone asked for this 2009 throwback

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
It's funny, a couple days ago the Giants broadcasters were discussing that Collins was lamenting having to use his relief pitchers so much in an interview before the game, then using all their best pitchers in a 6-1 game including their closer. Then the next day they had a close game and used them all again.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
Using Reed and Familia in a 6-1 game was a stupid thing to do by TC. The rest of our bullpen might be bad, but it can hold a 5-run lead for 2 innings.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
Michael Conforto and Jerry Blevins need to get together and find out who is poisoning/kneecapping their teammates.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

womp womp womp wwwoooommmmppppppp

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Meet the mets.
Meet the mets.
Stand right up and grieve the mets!

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

YeahTubaMike posted:

Marcell Ozuna and Christian Yelich are raking like their lives depend on it, and José Ureña stole Adam Conley's powers and got him banished to the shadow realm. If anything, the Marlins are only lukewarm garbage.

Seriously though, what is taking this Jeb-Jeets deal so long to come through?
MLB team sales take awhile.

There are possibly multiple offers for the team at this point (at least two are known). Then even after anything is agreed upon they have to get MLB's approval

NetflixAndRichHill
May 11, 2017
The Mets are like a Final Destination sequel.

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

FlamingLiberal posted:

MLB team sales take awhile.

Fair enough, I'm new to caring about deals and purchases and things like that.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

David Ortiz has opinions about Bobby Valentine. Spoiler alert, he's not a fan. He also has opinions on Matheny's performance in the 2013 World Series

quote:

...I was locked in and the Cardinals continued to pitch to me. And I knew the reason. Their manager, Mike Matheny, was a former catcher. And catchers, in their minds, think they can get a mother------ out anytime. They don’t understand that when a mother------ is hot, he’s hot.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

NetflixAndRichHill posted:

The Mets are like a Final Destination sequel.

I would certainly watch a Mets Final Destination and someone should make this movie.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Weird. I'm usually a lucky charm; I lived in New England in '04, St. Louis in '06 and Chicago in '17. I buy tickets for my first game ever at Citi field for next month and the entire team explodes.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

YeahTubaMike posted:

Michael Conforto and Jerry Blevins need to get together and find out who is poisoning/kneecapping their teammates.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
https://twitter.com/ShiDavidi/status/862753419773325314

>>>>>>>> When your high performance department is just too drat good

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Pancakes posted:

Weird. I'm usually a lucky charm; I lived in New England in '04, St. Louis in '06 and Chicago in '17. I buy tickets for my first game ever at Citi field for next month and the entire team explodes.

Yankees going all the way, you're saying.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Are there a bunch of broken players on the Marlins? Seems like teams starting with M are cursed this year.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

RisqueBarber posted:

This fangraphs article about Eric Thames is really good if anyone is interested.

this is a mega pro click

There's no way that after a few more years of Statcast data that there won't be a ton more data science surrounding bat angles and the types of swings that are most effective--and when it does I bet what we come across is a data-supported version of hitting philosophies like this

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

seiferguy posted:

Are there a bunch of broken players on the Marlins? Seems like teams starting with M are cursed this year.

jose fernandez is on the 60 day dl

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Chexoid posted:

[url]https:// /ShiDavidi/status/862753419773325314[/url]

>>>>>>>> When your high performance department is just too drat good

Whatever the major changes to their training regimen were, they did not loving work, drat

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, Dioner Navarro is still available? gently caress you, Shatkins.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Wade
Butler
Rondon

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Sweet this means I might get to pitch for the Jays at this rate

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

elentar posted:

Good news: the Braves are coming to town.

I'd like to thank the Braves for being terrible right now so I don't get too excited. I was still high from how good they looked at the end of last year and now I'm back to earth.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

N: https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/862791920984047617

V: The Dodgers are straight up streaming pitchers now like a fantasy team.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
The Dodgers are lucky they decided having a couple njury prone SPs means they needed 100 of them. Their starting SPs are legitimately like ten deep

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 12, 2017

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

It was pretty clearly a calculated roster building strategy, I wouldn't say there was any luck in that part of it at all. The luck is that right now more than 5 of them are healthy.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
Jon Daniels and Josh Boyd (Texas Assistant GM and head scout) are in Japan watching Shoehei Otani who isn't even pitching right now, so you other 29 teams can just pack it up for the Otani Lotto (Lottotani?)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Spending more money than god to have Clayton Kershaw make 30 starts and 30 others make 132 starts.

Quite a strategy

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Spending more money than god to have Clayton Kershaw make 30 starts and 30 others make 132 starts.

Quite a strategy
Worked last year, is working so far this year. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

Doctor Rope

seiferguy posted:

Miguel Rojas, JT Riddle, and Adeiny Hechavarria are on the DL. Also Wei-Yin Chen has "tired arm", whatever that is, and I think he is also on the DL.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

Spoeank posted:

Quite a strategy

Well it worked, and Kershaw only made 21 starts last year.

They also have like 10 outfielders because those fuckers don't stay healthy either.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Good Dog posted:

Well it worked, and Kershaw only made 21 starts last year.

They also have like 10 outfielders because those fuckers don't stay healthy either.

This all flies in the face of the Giants' strat of, "play people injured" and, "anyone can play outfield"

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Well it works for the Dodgers for like 170 games a year at least.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Can someone tell me why these soft rear end players constantly need rest and get hurt all the time despite never receiving contact. Like why can't they just tell their body's not today like every other great athlete

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Metapod posted:

Can someone tell me why these soft rear end players constantly need rest and get hurt all the time despite never receiving contact. Like why can't they just tell their body's not today like every other great athlete
because they hate America and also you

Spoeank posted:

Well it works for the Dodgers for like 170 games a year at least.
Hold onto that salt tight, gonna be a long season in last place.

bawfuls fucked around with this message at 01:31 on May 12, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Spoeank posted:

Quite a strategy

Technically speaking, "Throw money at the problem until it is solved" is a strategy.

• Locked thread