Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JugbandDude
Jul 19, 2016

Remember when you were young, you shone like the sun

Shine on you crazy diamond!

trucutru posted:

Goons would just do an hourly rental and then slam the ship into the closest Javelin available.

Anyways, that's the dumbest F2P model I've heard about so I can believe they would consider it.

It's almost like the lead designer is a deep undercover goon :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

notoriousman posted:

Is this rental scheme the final iteration of the used car spaceship dealership? Will there truly be no means of accessing a chariot without paying real money? Will the whales take to being the exploiters after being milked for so l--okay, yeah, absolutely on that one.

That has always been the whale's dream, to have a bunch on indentured servants moping the floors of their chariots... but now they'll pay for the privilege of working at the Millennium Serenity.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

FAUXTON posted:

OLD MAN LITIGATES AT CLOUD

cspam is on to derek

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/862734516812603392

exciting

i'll bet 99% of the things in that shot are static props

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
cardboard boxes and duct tape

we are truly living 1,000 years in the future

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Why is everything so dark? It looks like the set of an Aliens movie.

e: Answered my own question there.

Sunswipe fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 11, 2017

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Daztek posted:

https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/862734516812603392

exciting

i'll bet 99% of the things in that shot are static props

Don't know about you but I'm going to hold out for the science outpost. The engineering outpost sounds so lame I bet it's orbiting a desert planet. The science outpost is at a cool jungle planet that's so big and awesome you can play the whole game and never see all the hidden things on the planet. And it will look like Crysis everywhere, with hunting and fishing and camping. I'll kill animals and mount them on my hut wall before I lift off to the science outpost to check in on the science things I will find, like science.

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Sunswipe posted:

Why is everything so dark? It looks like the set of an Aliens movie.

What keeps striking me throughout this thread is just how barren and dull Chris' vision is (and it's his vision we can be 100% sure, otherwise it wouldn't get approved by him) and how limited the man's imagination has to be. There is zero, zip, zilch that tells me that this is SC. It's baby's dirty storage room 101 from any first time level designer.

And I know it's dumb to criticize a single screen dump, but it paints a pattern. A grey, generic pattern.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
its almost as if, and I know this is a stretch, chris roberts is bad at everything besides raising money

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

TheAgent posted:

its almost as if, and I know this is a stretch, chris roberts is bad at everything besides raising money

he's bad at raising money too, if he needs more and is failing to get it

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

TheAgent posted:

Do you mean to suggest an actual game could have been made if that's all he did and left actual development to someone else?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

The Titanic posted:

The big flame out implosion of the company didn't happen. We're looking more or less at a slow burn out that could drag on for years.

Spinning it out would also by a way of breaking it to the really dumb Citizens gently that they got scammed, it's less risky than the unpredictability of reality suddenly appearing to those idiots.

But it depends how much money is left, they could delay the end for years by drastically cutting staff and closing a couple of the studios that don't do anything .. . . any of them really.

That would mean CIG not being really dumb with money though, so unlikely, let's see if they make it till Gamescom, then let's see if they make it to Citizen Con.

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Beet Wagon posted:

If nothing else we can be thankful for OSC for tying Citizens up in a two week long game of Guess Who?, sparing us from their usual insanity.

I firmly believe that the SC code has become sentient, and is posting using the nick OSC.

:tinfoil:

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Do you mean to suggest an actual game could have been made if that's all he did and left actual development to someone else?
creators of universe simulators:
  • God
  • Chris Roberts
seems legit

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
gently caress I forgot one
  • the machines from the matrix
sorry bout that

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Could God create a mountain that even He couldn't clip through?

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I feel a disturbance in the faith from this thread. You'll all feel better by adding a submarine at your fleet.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

TheAgent posted:

Eh. Why would he? I mean if you've already typed in god mode and have the console down, why not throw in a noclip too while you're at it?

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
one day enough door assets will be created to allow for emergent gameplay mechanics implementation

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
The Star Citizen universe is so intricate and fidelitous you can land on a planet, find a computer, and play Doom 3.

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
i like how people have some kind of expectation that theres going to be some new and unbelievable exploration opportunities in the game, as if it isn't supposed to be specifically programmed in by some overworked map designer thats just going to staple together a bunch of rock terrain type 1,2, or 3 with different skins and palettes

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

God knows when a volume is bounded by a volume.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Guys thread has been slow so here's a present.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/hey_mici/status/862676410086727680

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
did CIG install a suicide booth??

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/hey_mici/status/862729901698424832

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
People said Chris Roberts couldn't do it, said he couldn't find a more pointless waste of money than the space doors.

Yeah, well guess what idiots? Doors actually do something.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.jrfabrication.co.uk/project-gss

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

:eyepop:

They have no shame.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

I don't understand and I'm glad of it.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
jesus christ

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Zzr posted:

I don't understand and I'm glad of it.

Pretty much yep. What is that thing?

Edit: Oh, it's another office boondoggle. Well I'm sure that will be great for morale.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

AP posted:

People said Chris Roberts couldn't do it, said he couldn't find a more pointless waste of money than the space doors.

Yeah, well guess what idiots? Doors actually do something.

I'm sure it was donated by that chap, it is after all just some paint and lumber that was lying around

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Drunk Theory posted:

Pretty much yep. What is that thing?

It's a prop from one of their Con's , which is a recreation of the insta-clothing change booth in-game*?

I say that having never actually played Star Citizen

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Big deal, it's just some dude's disposable income

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Unit Status: IDLE

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I'm just glad I get to learn about the process of game development.

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

trucutru posted:

Goons would just do an hourly rental and then slam the ship into the closest Javelin available.

Anyways, that's the dumbest F2P model I've heard about so I can believe they would consider it.

This assumes crashing spaceships has any impact.

#1 LTI will never, ever be in the game. LTI is used to sell spaceship pictures to spergs. The notion of CIG ever having the talent to code anything more complex than a spawn timer means you haven't been following the project.

#2 I'd expect the rental ship to clip right through the Javelin with zero damage. And also expect the rental ship to explode the second one of its landing gear touches a landing pad.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
I'm being corrected, apparently it kills gaming careers within a 1 block radius.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

HycoCam posted:

This assumes crashing spaceships has any impact.

#1 LTI will never, ever be in the game. LTI is used to sell spaceship pictures to spergs. The notion of CIG ever having the talent to code anything more complex than a spawn timer means you haven't been following the project.

#2 I'd expect the rental ship to clip right through the Javelin with zero damage. And also expect the rental ship to explode the second one of its landing gear touches a landing pad.

regarding #2, in order to rent you have to use a working credit card. if you destroy or damage the rental ship in any capacity you are responsible for the relative damages which will be automatically applied to the card