Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roth
Jul 9, 2016

HebrewMagic posted:

I'm killing time today waiting for the android version by smashing all my dc comics into each other and periodically making one of the Batman ones postulate on how bad killing is

Rip a page out to simulate the hardcore arm-ripping off action.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'm reenacting the shazam scene from the first game right now but it's hard to focus the sun through a magnifying glass when it's an overcast day

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
So it may've been addressed earlier in the thread and I saw in the OP that Ultimate edition should contain all DLC (?), is there any other considerations to the different versions and from where purchased that are especially compelling to be aware of?

I don't see this game holding my interest super-long term and am looking forward to it, just questioning whether I'd get the value out of 1.5x the cost of the game for just more DLC characters. I'd love to be wrong about this though.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

if you're not looking to play for the long haul then I wouldn't recommend spending an additional 30 to 40 bucks on anything more than the standard edition

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

sticksy posted:

So it may've been addressed earlier in the thread and I saw in the OP that Ultimate edition should contain all DLC (?), is there any other considerations to the different versions and from where purchased that are especially compelling to be aware of?

I don't see this game holding my interest super-long term and am looking forward to it, just questioning whether I'd get the value out of 1.5x the cost of the game for just more DLC characters. I'd love to be wrong about this though.

It took like 4-5 months I think to get out all the six in the first game so it might be a heck of a wait to get the nine here.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Companion game is now out on normal phones.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

So it is. No way I'm doing an 890 MB download at work though. I'll have to get it at home.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Have they said anything at all about a PC release yet?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

They didn't release the first game on PC until after all the DLC was out, so I would suspect not for a couple months. They haven't actually said anything yet.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Don't think so. After what happened with MKX I'd stay far, far away from any PC port they release, though.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

fadam posted:

Don't think so. After what happened with MKX I'd stay far, far away from any PC port they release, though.

If they do it in house it should be fine.

The problems were with the studio that did the port, not NRS. After NRS took control of the PC port back, the fixed just about everything.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

The Fool posted:

If they do it in house it should be fine.

The problems were with the studio that did the port, not NRS. After NRS took control of the PC port back, the fixed just about everything.

I'm hoping they learned their lesson. I didn't buy MKX on PC until XL came out.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Technowolf posted:

I'm hoping they learned their lesson. I didn't buy MKX on PC until XL came out.

I can't imagine they'd just throw another hosed-up port at the wall yet again outright when it already has an indefinite delay.

Roth posted:

I wouldn't get any game published by WB on PC

Weren't Mad Max, Just Cause 3, and Shadow of Mordor all optimized great for PC? poo poo only hit the fan with Arkham Knight and MKX to my knowledge

DLC Inc fucked around with this message at 21:23 on May 11, 2017

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

I wouldn't get any game published by WB on PC

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

HebrewMagic posted:

I'm killing time today waiting for the android version by smashing all my dc comics into each other and periodically making one of the Batman ones postulate on how bad killing is
Hmm you're on the right track. To complete the mobile gacha game experience just smash 5 comics together with a stapler to upgrade them and paint two yellow stars on them.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Hmm you're on the right track. To complete the mobile gacha game experience just smash 5 comics together with a stapler to upgrade them and paint two yellow stars on them.

Flip all the comics stacked together to a random page and jab your finger down. If it's not pointing at Supergirl, Superman, or Pikachu, burn the comics, buy new versions, and repeat.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

DLC Inc posted:

I can't imagine they'd just throw another hosed-up port at the wall yet again outright when it already has an indefinite delay.

Weren't Mad Max, Just Cause 3, and Shadow of Mordor all optimized great for PC? poo poo only hit the fan with Arkham Knight and MKX to my knowledge

It's even funnier because Mad Max and Arkham Knight were released within a couple weeks of each other.

The point being that the game being published by WB is almost irrelevent, attention must be paid to which studio is actually doing the work.

Monolith, Avalanche, and NRS all seem to do good work. High Voltage (MKX) and Iron Galaxy(Arkham Knight) should probably be avoided.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

In my defense, the incredibly bad Arkham Knight and MKX ports stick out in my mind more than games that work like they should.

Not that that means I was right.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Roth posted:

In my defense, the incredibly bad Arkham Knight and MKX ports stick out in my mind more than games that work like they should.

Not that that means I was right.

I'm convinced arkham knight is the reason Steam started the refund policy. can't remember a huge game's quality so astronomically bad that it got legit pulled from the store.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

DLC Inc posted:

I'm convinced arkham knight is the reason Steam started the refund policy. can't remember a huge game's quality so astronomically bad that it got legit pulled from the store.

The War Z or whatever the gently caress it was called was a similar disaster that resulted in a mass refund.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I have the mobile game downloaded. It plays like Marvel Contest of Champions basically. The framerate is really bad though, hopefully they can iron that out.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Regarding PC version:

quote:

NetherRealm Studios previously release part 3 of the "Shattered Alliances" cinematic trailer, which focused on Supergirl's side of the story and also marks the return of Black Adam in "Injustice 2's" roster. Joining him are other new and returning characters like Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash, Aquaman, Cyborg, Blue Beetle, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Firestorm, Robin, Swamp Thing, Doctor Fate, Atrocitus, Gorilla Grodd, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Cheetah, Captain Cold, Bane, Braniac and Darkseid.

In other news, it seems that PC users will have to wait for "Injustice 2" in the PC platform soon as game producer Ed Boon stated that they will launch the PC version in a later date, WCCFTech reported.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
ICR there are no cosmics in this game.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

ICR there are no cosmics in this game.

N...no. Please don't do me like this NetherRealm & Co.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Everyone at least has a yellow skin right?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
You could probably gently caress up settings on your screen until that's the case.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Lemme know when there's Canadian supersoldiers to max out

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

so what the hell is up with this

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Story mode Nightwing?

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Either story mode like Baraka and Rain in MKX or Robin has a shader and gear ability that makes him play like Injustice 1 Nightwing.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Liar Lyre posted:

Either story mode like Baraka and Rain in MKX or Robin has a shader and gear ability that makes him play like Injustice 1 Nightwing.

oh my god please let the second be true.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Some dude on Reddit with an early copy went through the character's customization screens and the only premiere skins listed were for Vixen, Mr. Freeze, and Flash.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Liar Lyre posted:

The video has been taken down but is the former.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Probably a prison escape thing early in the story before Damian makes the switch.

Played the mobile game a bit - solid meh. Amusing thing to mess around with on the train I guess.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Boo. I understand not wanting to put legacy characters in as DLC, but missing half the cast of the original hurts a bit. Grundy was my guy, but I guess Bane will have to do now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

In case anyone was wondering, the characters we lost from IJ1 are:

Ares
Deathstroke
Doomsday
Hawkgirl
Killer Frost
Luthor
Nightwing
Raven
Shazam
Sinestro
Grundy
Lobo
Batgirl
Zod
Martian Manhunter
Zatanna

And the new characters we gained are:
Supergirl
Atrocitus
Deadshot
Grodd
Blue Beetle
Robin
Ivy
Brainiac
Canary
Swamp Thing
Cheetah
Scarecrow
Dr. Fate
Firestorm
Captain Cold
Darkseid
Starfire
Red Hood

I think on balance we ended up with a better cast. Cheetah is lame, but everyone else is cool. The IJ1 cast has like five or six Cheetahs.

fadam fucked around with this message at 05:10 on May 12, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lex luthor is the new scarecrow

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

fadam posted:

Cheetah is lame, but Vixen skin is cool.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Grundy is also scarecrow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I miss Shazam just because I like Shazam, but I still have Black Adam so I'm fine.

• Locked thread