Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Lockback posted:

Ah yes, SAS's no exception single-drop rule.

Yeah Robin Lopez is goofy and fun so he counts as white.

Seriously what the gently caress is this post lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
https://twitter.com/dmorey/status/862522170626502656

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
https://twitter.com/ScottHoward42/status/862545035245400065

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

And that friends is why Sean Miller will never get offered an NBA job.

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

Jesus christ

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

kiimo posted:

oh my god

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

if you sweat that much why would you even own a white shirt

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Paul Zuvella posted:

if you sweat that much why would you even own a white shirt

well it wasn't white once he was done with it

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

:woop: DRAFT MEASUREMENTS :woop:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ot_OMGF7AddHIzI3MeMFW9RR7-Ko1Z98g1W4NdekR9Q/edit#gid=88833405

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Fox needs to eat a drat sandwich and Justin Jackson's wingspan makes me think he's our guy at #10

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

OGs reported wingspan of 7'6" took a huge poo poo down to 7'2".

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

There is a 6'8" dude with a 7'6" wingspan, gently caress

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

I'm assuming Jordan Bell's standing height is going to keep him in the mid to late second round?

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Paul Zuvella posted:

There is a 6'8" dude with a 7'6" wingspan, gently caress

A 5'10" dude with 6'8" wingspan, too. lol

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Body measurements are my favorite time of the year. Body fat % is always great

Shout out to Devin Robinson, who must be dead or incredibly anorexic with 3% body fat

Jota fucked around with this message at 20:21 on May 11, 2017

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
looks like Frenchman Jonathan Jeanne has some quality name tools and the class's best standing reach at 9'5.5", which is still like 4 inches short of Rudy Gobert's standing reach. Anyone have any film on him?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

kiimo posted:

Wasn't this in the first half too?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/marchmadness/status/710667768530640896

:stare:

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

If the Sixers end up with say picks 1 or 2 and 6, would a backcourt of Fultz and Fox or Ball and Fox fit with Cov/Ben/Embiid?

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ty1990 posted:

If the Sixers end up with say picks 1 or 2 and 6, would a backcourt of Fultz and Fox or Ball and Fox fit with Cov/Ben/Embiid?

It all depends on what things look like, but Isaac would be my second pick if he were available at 6.

Ghetto SuperCzar
Feb 20, 2005

aBagorn posted:

It all depends on what things look like, but Isaac would be my second pick if he were available at 6.

I don't really see Isaac playing the 3 in the NBA, at which point I would see Markennen being a lot more valuable. I guess that all depends on if you think you can shove Simmons to the 3 on defense.

If that scenario comes to pass, I'd go Fultz at 1 and Monk at 6. Fultz/Monk/Saric/Simmons/Embiid is an awesome lineup. I think Fultz/Monk could probably swap on defense.

Ghetto SuperCzar fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 11, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

WhyteRyce posted:

Fox needs to eat a drat sandwich and Justin Jackson's wingspan makes me think he's our guy at #10

Justin Jackson in the lottery would be a very Kings pick.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I don't really see Isaac playing the 3 in the NBA, at which point I would see Markennen being a lot more valuable. I guess that all depends on if you think you can shove Simmons to the 3 on defense.

If that scenario comes to pass, I'd go Fultz at 1 and Monk at 6. Fultz/Monk/Saric/Simmons/Embiid is an awesome lineup. I think Fultz/Monk could probably swap on defense.

That's potentially a pretty awful lineup on the perimeter tho, which is what gives me pause on that duo.

I guess it helps to have Embiid protecting the paint though.

Edit: I mean that lineup is bad defensively on the perimeter. It's actually pretty awesome offensively.

Ty1990 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on May 11, 2017

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
Isaac isn't a 3, he's not agile enough, he's just a very skinny 4 who should be able to switch pretty easily on defense. His lack of in between game is a DOOMSAYER, he really needs to learn it to avoid becoming an Ibaka. He's being projected as a rich man's Jon Leueur but it's hard to say, his guards never passed to him at florida state.

Ty1990 posted:

You don't want Ball if you have Ben Simmons and Fultz, that wouldn't make any sense. Simmons and Fultz are a nice combination because Simmons has the playmaking to make up for Fultz's lack. Fox is also a bad fit because he can't shoot and is a pg. Why would you draft Simmons and Fultz and then take the ball out of their hands? I don't see the sixers getting the lakers pick, but if they somehow get 1 and 4, the logical picks are Fultz and Tatum, who's a real 3 who can do the things you want a small forward to do in the contemporary NBA.

If you want to get wild, Fultz and Monk, because Monk gives them a dynamic scorer and a third own-offense-creator after Fultz and Embiid. If they get 2 and 4 they could draft Jackson, try and go wild and trade down a couple spots and pick up Dennis Smith. I don't see why Fox is rising so high in mock drafts. Maybe he cut his hair?

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 21:49 on May 11, 2017

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I like Monk to the Sixers because it's the only team where he can just score and do nothing else. Of course if they have #1 they should still choose Fultz.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

Isaac isn't a 3, he's not agile enough, he's just a very skinny 4 who should be able to switch pretty easily on defense. His lack of in between game is a DOOMSAYER, he really needs to learn it to avoid becoming an Ibaka. He's being projected as a rich man's Jon Leueur but it's hard to say, his guards never passed to him at florida state.

You don't want Ball if you have Ben Simmons and Fultz, that wouldn't make any sense. Simmons and Fultz are a nice combination because Simmons has the playmaking to make up for Fultz's lack. Fox is also a bad fit because he can't shoot and is a pg. Why would you draft Simmons and Fultz and then take the ball out of their hands? I don't see the sixers getting the lakers pick, but if they somehow get 1 and 4, the logical picks are Fultz and Tatum, who's a real 3 who can do the things you want a small forward to do in the contemporary NBA.

If you want to get wild, Fultz and Monk, because Monk gives them a dynamic scorer and a third own-offense-creator after Fultz and Embiid. If they get 2 and 4 they could draft Jackson, try and go wild and trade down a couple spots and pick up Dennis Smith. I don't see why Fox is rising so high in mock drafts. Maybe he cut his hair?

That's a great point RE: It making zero sense to draft Simmons and Fultz and taking the ball out of their hands.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Dejan Bimble posted:

i dunno if I'd use DOOMSAYER like that because part of the thing about being a streetcorner apocalypsist is that your predictions never manifest?

although it is one of the funniest songs I've ever heard, one of my favorites
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccR6hAthfmI

EvanTH fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 11, 2017

ragle
Nov 1, 2009

Ty1990 posted:

That's a great point RE: It making zero sense to draft Simmons and Fultz and taking the ball out of their hands.

It's like saying you wouldn't want Harden on a team if they already had Durant and Westbrook. If they're good players, an additional ball handler makes the team that much harder to guard, it opens things up for one another.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
yeah I mean if you find they're a superstar and you can't use them you can just let them walk and get absolutely in return for your trade

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I'm watching the combine but there is no way to tell who the players are so :iiam:

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

Dejan Bimble posted:

Fultz+Monk really isn't "wild". It's the logical choices if they get 1 + 4 to 6.

Fox it moving up because people think he might be able to fix his shot.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Kentucky people are freaking out over Diallo's numbers. I'd say it's almost a lock that he's gone, meaning he played Cal and all of them. Good for you young fella. :secsmug:

aBagorn
Aug 26, 2004

Ghetto SuperCzar posted:

I can see that too (fultz/monk)

In any event (unless you draft Fox, which is a terrible idea for the Sixers), Covington is going to start because he's by far the best perimeter defender on the team and you're going to put him at the '3' but he's likely going to switch on D to take on the best offensive player. He can switch 1-3 with no problem. You would have to try to hide Monk like Boston tries to hide IT but it might be good enough offensively to be ok.

I happen to think Isaac is quick enough to hang with 3s on defense, but that's just me.

e: \/ even if I believe in his shot, if (and again, I'm taking a leap of faith here) you believe in Simmons running the 1 on offense, you do yourself a disservice selecting Fox and then taking the ball out of his hands

aBagorn fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 12, 2017

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Fox is it terrible if you believe in his jumpshot

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

Kibner posted:

A 5'10" dude with 6'8" wingspan, too. lol

Roddy's Revenge

Adorbs

euphronius posted:

Fox is it terrible if you believe in his jumpshot

I mean the track record of point guards fixing their jumper isn't horrid, especially in the modern NBA

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

World's longest double post

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN

Dejan Bimble posted:

Blake Griffin
Carlos Boozer

They're half puerto rican

I'm going to start banning everyone who applies the one drop rule to anyone who hasn't made a public proclamation of blackness

So... they're white unless they announce they're black. Thats weird man

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

https://twitter.com/GoodmanESPN/status/862784158522785796

On top of a 6'11.5" wingspan. Going to Kings at #10 now!!!!

quote:

But on Thursday, he made a strong case for his draft stock to rise, which it seems to be doing, with an absolutely bonkers vertical jump at 44.5" inches. In fact, his first attempt cleared the standard equipment so they had to make special arrangements for him to raise the bar.

Definitely want

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
He'll be your next Hassan Whiteside!

(I know nothing of how Whiteside performed at the combine or if Diallo's mental makeup is similar)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

Kibner posted:

He'll be your next Hassan Whiteside!

(I know nothing of how Whiteside performed at the combine or if Diallo's mental makeup is similar)

Whiteside just rolled his eyes at the scouts and made the jack-off motion with one hand.

• Locked thread