Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I didn't own a GameCube

:staredog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

spit on my clit posted:

anyone can make a rumor

Rumor: Metroid Trilogy to be released for Switch in Spring 2018.

Contains Other M, Federation Force, and Metroid Prime Pinball.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

I don't wanna hear poo poo about a Metroid game that isn't either a faithful return to the classic metroidvania style or a visionary reimagining led by someone who respects what made the series great, like BotW. The Prime series started amazing but ended terribly with a desperate attempt to turn the franchise into a Halo-style FPS, and Other M was like someone made a Buffalo Bill skin suit out of the corpses of prior Metroid games. I have very little faith in Nintendo's ability to produce a Metroid game that I would want to play.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
When are the games coming out for this dumb tablet? I got my fill of BotW and I've hit a brick wall in Puyo Tetris because I guess the game expects you to be able to make 20-combos consistently.

acksplode posted:

The Prime series started amazing but ended terribly with a desperate attempt to turn the franchise into a Halo-style FPS,

You didn't actually play Prime 3, did you?

Scratch-O fucked around with this message at 22:06 on May 11, 2017

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I liked Prime 3 the most cause there was hardly any backtracking. There's a fine line between exploration and mindless backtracking filler that I think part 2 fails and part 1 steps over on occasion.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Mega64 posted:

i mean, id like to play fed force, it's just that I would not want either gyro controls or aiming by using the tiny nub on the N3DS

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Scratch-O posted:

You didn't actually play Prime 3, did you?
I actually did and I actually despised it, I come by my opinion honestly. Bad cutscenes with bad acting, exploration limited to small separate areas, exploration generally sacrificed for a bad narrative. gently caress the entire thing.

parallelodad posted:

I liked Prime 3 the most cause there was hardly any backtracking. There's a fine line between exploration and mindless backtracking filler that I think part 2 fails and part 1 steps over on occasion.
Prime 1 was a perfect Metroid game

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I really want to buy a Nintendo Switch but there are none to buy.

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

parallelodad posted:

IMHO opinion there was just the right amount of backtracking in the first Metroid Prime game which is still one of my favorite games of all time. Metroid Prime 2 had too much backtracking and crappy save locations while Metroid Prime 3 was too linear it didn't have enough backtracking.

acksplode
May 17, 2004

Prime 1 is definitely one of the best games of all time, so it's cool that the Prime Trilogy gave it worse graphics than the original GCN release.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Next metroid should definitely modernize and just save whenever you enter a room.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Does Minecraft Switch have split screen?

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

acksplode posted:

Prime 1 is definitely one of the best games of all time, so it's cool that the Prime Trilogy gave it worse graphics than the original GCN release.

And yet I still give a personal score of 9.9/10 because there is no such thing as a perfect game. The game froze/locked up on me a few times on the GameCube. :colbert:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
gently caress all review scores forever

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

spasticColon posted:

And yet I still give a personal score of 9.9/10 because there is no such thing as a perfect game. The game froze/locked up on me a few times on the GameCube. :colbert:

-0.1 for those bats that only show up once

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

Same thing with Half-Life 2. 9.9/10 because the game would occasionally stutter or outright crash while I played it. Like I mentioned before there is no such thing as a perfect video game. :spergin:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

metroid prime is a 9.8/10 because samus didnt come out of the screen and kiss me irl

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

samus doesn't have time for romance, she's a single mom who's married to her job

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

s.i.r.e. posted:

Does Minecraft Switch have split screen?

Yup up to four players. Each player needs a full controller though, so no splitting up joycons to get more players in.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

Endorph posted:

metroid prime is a 9.8/10 because samus didnt come out of the screen and kiss me irl

It's a 9.8/10 because she didn't come out as trans and finally confirm it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Stan Taylor posted:

Yup up to four players. Each player needs a full controller though, so no splitting up joycons to get more players in.

Awesome, thanks! I'll definitely be getting it now and some extra controllers.

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
I feel really dumb, but how do i use couch co-op mode in NBA Playgrounds? I can see the controller layout in the options menu but can't seem to switch to them.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Quick question, I see that Minecraft always gets new updates (skin packs, features, etc) will the Switch be getting all that stuff down the line or is it gonna stay static with whatever it shipped with?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Zelder posted:

samus doesn't have time for romance, she's a single mom who's married to her job

I think you'll find that according to THE TIMELINE Samus isn't a mom yet in Prime

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Also, are the Neon color Joycons ever going to be in stock anymore? Is Nintendo making them anymore?

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Mega64 posted:

I'd buy that just for Metroid Prime Pinball. That game owned.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

s.i.r.e. posted:

Also, are the Neon color Joycons ever going to be in stock anymore? Is Nintendo making them anymore?

They come back in stock occasionally on Amazon, but they sell out fast. Not NES Classic fast, but still pretty fast. There's just much more demand than there is for the grey ones.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Nah

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

s.i.r.e. posted:

Quick question, I see that Minecraft always gets new updates (skin packs, features, etc) will the Switch be getting all that stuff down the line or is it gonna stay static with whatever it shipped with?

They should have it in parity with other versions by the end of the month(it's releasing at the January build) so it sounds like it's being continuously supported.

Also of note it is in 720p but Microsoft says this isn't because of any technical limitation, it can do 1080p, they just had some trouble transitioning resolution between docked and undocked modes. So that might get upgraded later.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Nowinstock is showing availbility at GameStop, but only for those lame bundles. No standalone basic systems.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Anyone get minecraft? Is it good? I have no games, mk8 is old.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Why don't more people play Tetris? :D

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Stop by talking about minwcraft, you're making me want it

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Minecraft is Minecraft. But don't just take my word for it.

http://time.com/4775563/minecraft-nintendo-switch-review/
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/minecraft-switch-edition-is-the-best-drat-portable-version-yet
https://www.theverge.com/2017/5/11/15613322/minecraft-nintendo-switch

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Deviant posted:

Why don't more people play Tetris? :D

Play more Puyo.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

s.i.r.e. posted:

They're occasionally in stock. Just seems like a lot of pent-up demand for them.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
Finally got a Switch. I do feel bad for the guy who called in and the teller told him that they had one in stock shortly before I bought it though.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Someone please post ITT whenever NBA Playgrounds gets patched to have better load times, tia.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Does Switch have enough deditated WAM for Minecraft?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sorry the Switch has no wam.

• Locked thread