Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

FactsAreUseless posted:

Yes, all the mods legit voted for DJ Trump as well as MC Pence.

Huh. I finally have something to point to when people ask why they should respect the moderation team. Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tallgeese posted:

Huh. I finally have something to point to when people ask why they should respect the moderation team. Thanks!
Your custom title is insane.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

FactsAreUseless posted:

Your custom title is insane.

What's more insane is someone bought it again just to change a word or two in it, if I recall.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

"choke like dogs." this guy has a history of negatively describing things by saying they're doing something "like a dog" despite dogs not really being known for doing so

trump also claimed he invented the phrase "prime the pump," I believe in the Time interview

also, trump freely admitted he was going to fire Comey regardless of the deputy AG or anyone else:
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/862712366106107904
I don't think It Was The Deputy AG is the favored narrative here, but it was the WH's narrative, so lol

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Never happened. Find the post.

Among the 2000 posts you made in here. Each one dumber than the last.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

World War Mammories posted:

"choke like dogs." this guy has a history of negatively describing things by saying they're doing something "like a dog" despite dogs not really being known for doing so

trump also claimed he invented the phrase "prime the pump," I believe in the Time interview

also, trump freely admitted he was going to fire Comey regardless of the deputy AG or anyone else:
https://twitter.com/BraddJaffy/status/862712366106107904
I don't think It Was The Deputy AG is the favored narrative here, but it was the WH's narrative, so lol

Dogs are Haram that's why he compares bad things to them hth

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

World War Mammories posted:

That's just a thing among older New Yorkers. It's used as a more polite way to say "piece of poo poo", really.

You know, like "bigly" (he's saying big league way too fast) and "schlonged".

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

That's just a thing among older New Yorkers. It's used as a more polite way to say "piece of poo poo", really.

though admittedly I'm not an orange 70-year-old, I'm from New York. "X like a dog" is sure a phrase, if you use "beg" or "run with your tail between your legs" or "whimper" etc. I have never heard anyone but Don say "choke like a dog," and google seems to agree

e: okay urban dictionary does list it, so I don't loving know any more, nothing is real

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

It's a reference he picked up from huckabees son

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

It's not specifically "choke", it's the "like a dog" part. I have often heard it in the context of domestic abuse, for example "he treats her like a dog".

It's basically being a way to say something is subhuman, a piece of poo poo, etc etc. It has definitely been around, Trump just kind of made it a more widely-acknowledged thing.

Tallgeese fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 11, 2017

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

LP0 ON FIRE posted:

No pun intended - but it's not so black and white. Some people have extremist views, which are annoying, but it also is true that white men have the most power, and are the most privileged people in the US. If you're white, don't take it as you did anything wrong necessarily or it's your fault. That's not what this means.

hell some of my best friends are white

e- they are the good ones though

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The dumbest conspiracy theory is that Russia and Putin are behind 63 million people saying "gently caress the US establishment"

Yeah, only a loving retard would have that exact conspiracy theory

Luckily enough, only one person in the entire world does

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Poor russia. Their gdp is something like half of california's, theyre not much of a power player these days. If youre the type of guy who gets all hot and horny watching Rachel Maddow find a russian conspiracy everywhere, then you should look up countries like china, saudi arabia, and the eu/world bank and all their conspiracy theories. You'll blow your load so fast you'll forget all about Keith Olbermanns new show. This russia poo poo is weak.

Plus didnt assanage imply heavily that the source of thr leaks was a murdered DNC staffer? I believe assange over these wackjob pundits.

kickascii fucked around with this message at 19:13 on May 11, 2017

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Its all a part of the plan

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

kickascii posted:

Poor russia. Their gdp is something like half of california's, theyre not much of a power player these days. If youre the type of guy who gets all hot and horny watching Rachel Maddow find a russian conspiracy everywhere, then you should look up countries like china, saudi arabia, and the eu/world bank and all their conspiracy theories. You'll blow your load so fast you'll forget all about Keith Olbermanns new show. This russia poo poo is weak.

Plus didnt assanage imply heavily that the source of thr leaks was a murdered DNC staffer? I believe assange over these wackjob pundits.

you're not allowed to point out Saudi Arabia or Israel loving with US politics. Russia man

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

you're not allowed to point out Saudi Arabia or Israel loving with US politics. Russia man

Russia Man
Russia Man
Does whatever a Russian can
Spins a yarn with his spies
Catches Trump in some lies
Look out!
Here comes the Russia Man

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
https://twitter.com/JStein_Vox/status/862338882469330944

my political capital. gonna cash it in one day

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Tallgeese posted:

Lol at all the hicks itt wrongly attributing normal NYC vernacular to be some sort of evil Trump dialect

And yeah it's big league, not bigly. Mishearing a common term, insisting you're right, then trying to turn it into an insult is like the saddest use of total media control

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Nobody in real life has ever used big league as an adverb

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/862744392016297984

11th dimensional chess. true and correct leader. so smart.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Lemming posted:

Nobody in real life has ever used big league as an adverb

This isn't real life anymore

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
what is digital?
I am not Albert Einstein,
I say its no good.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

bag em and tag em posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/bubbaprog/status/862744392016297984

11th dimensional chess. true and correct leader. so smart.

Watch out dude, Trump has a way of making things come true

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell a drat ship gets hit with EMP you'll be thanking god there's steam throwing planes everywhere

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008
We're gonna go full battlestar galactica and stop using any networked technology so the cylons can't hack our ships.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Just seeing everyone go loving ballistic over every little word Trump utters is making my life so pleasurable.

Liberals are even crazier than Tea Partiers with Obama. This is new levels of crazy. Crazy conspiracy theories and more histrionic behavior. Such emotional little guys

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Tallgeese posted:

It's not specifically "choke", it's the "like a dog" part. I have often heard it in the context of domestic abuse, for example "he treats her like a dog".

It's basically being a way to say something is subhuman, a piece of poo poo, etc etc. It has definitely been around, Trump just kind of made it a more widely-acknowledged thing.

It's in the lyrics for "Hard Day's Night" by the Beatles, which is from the loving '60s. Let's not get all dogwhistle with this poo poo.

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
Describing something as "big leagues" is exactly the type of thing a TV obsessed New Yorker would do, obsessed with their NY Yankees as they are. Like I'm from the other side of the country and I understand that so IDK who the bigly thing was meant to fool.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

He pronounces it like a reatrd tho

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

blugu64 posted:

Liberals dumb

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Liberals are even crazier than Tea Partiers with Obama. This is new levels of crazy. Crazy conspiracy theories and more histrionic behavior.

The FBI and Federal Marshals are currently raiding a republican campaign consulting firm.

Is that real, or a crazy theory?

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Just seeing everyone go loving ballistic over every little word Trump utters is making my life so pleasurable.

Liberals are even crazier than Tea Partiers with Obama. This is new levels of crazy. Crazy conspiracy theories and more histrionic behavior. Such emotional little guys

did you see the colbert live audience cheer when he announced comey's firing? the look on his dumb loving face was priceless

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The man can't even get a coherent sentence out it's embarrassing.

Russia's laughing alright, so is everyone else.

quote:

HOLT: Did you ask for a recommendation?

TRUMP: What I did is, I was going to fire Comey. My decision. It was not . . .

HOLT: You had made the decision before they came in the room.

TRUMP: I was going to fire Comey. There’s no good time to do it, by the way.

HOLT: Because in your letter, you said, ‘I accepted their recommendation.’ So you had already made the decision.

TRUMP: Oh, I was going to fire regardless of recommendation.

quote:

As Spicer tells it, Rosenstein was confirmed about two weeks ago and independently took on this issue so the president was not aware of the probe until he received a memo from Rosenstein on Tuesday, along with a letter from Attorney General Jeff Sessions recommending that Comey be fired. The president then swiftly decided to follow the recommendation, notifying the FBI via email around 5 p.m. and in a letter delivered to the FBI by the president’s longtime bodyguard. At the same time, the president personally called congressional leaders to let them know his decision. Comey learned the news from media reports.

“It was all him,” Spicer said of Rosenstein, as a reporter repeated his answer back to him. “That’s correct — I mean, I can’t, I guess I shouldn’t say that, thank you for the help on that one. No one from the White House. That was a DOJ decision.”

Yeah it's hilarious how we hang on every word when the administration can't even keep the story straight.

It's like babby's first game of 4x over here.

COMRADES fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 11, 2017

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
I'm betting ol pooty toots is having a pretty good laugh at the US brutally self owning itself under orange president Donald Joestar Trump

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

NotWearingPants posted:

The FBI and Federal Marshals are currently raiding a republican campaign consulting firm.

Is that real, or a crazy theory?

They're also investigating Bernie's wife for fraud

Real or crazy theory bro

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Also during the original Red Scare wasn't it all the FBI going nuts? I mean this poo poo already happened before

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
I mean this is bizarro land where a guy with a commie Avatar with a hammer and sickle is cheering on the FBI raiding offices in an attempt to purge out Russian influences, doesn't this seem ironic to anyone

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I mean this is bizarro land where a guy with a commie Avatar with a hammer and sickle is cheering on the FBI raiding offices in an attempt to purge out Russian influences, doesn't this seem ironic to anyone

Lol

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Srsly tho the ussr had a huge security apparatus and this is p much in line with a true believers thoughts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Imagine all the effort those old timey hyper competent kgb agents had to put up with to get even the slightest edge over the US, and now there's this orange buffoon doing all their work for free

• Locked thread