Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
If we screw up we're all going to be executed, aren't we? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Ralepozozaxe posted:

By working with the heathens in the land of the Celts we have been brought to shame and ruin! I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, propose that we break our alliance with them, and find a good Muslim ally to replace them.

Indeed. I, Mullah Mountaineer, strongly support severing the alliance with the Celts. Let us seek alliances with our brothers in the faith instead.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I propose a small expansion to our army for the purpose of defence. Gold is good, and we don't want the French or whoever stealing ours.

TravelLog
Jul 22, 2013

He's a mean one, Mr. Roy.

Is it too late for me to the join the New Taifas?

If so, I strongly support the proposal of my colleague, Sir al-Cyrahzax.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Ralepozozaxe posted:

By working with the heathens in the land of the Celts we have been brought to shame and ruin! I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, propose that we break our alliance with them, and find a good Muslim ally to replace them.

I support this notion. If we are to entangle ourselves in wars, let it be in the support the rightous

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

TravelLog posted:

Is it too late for me to the join the New Taifas?

If so, I strongly support the proposal of my colleague, Sir al-Cyrahzax.

It's fine, anyone can join at any time, you just can't change factions until the next Majlis Meeting.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

protect our financial interests from pirates and Christians.

The pathetic Ulama faction should be tasked with explaining the difference between the two.

Because they can't get anything else done...

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

I, Ismail al-Cyrahzax, propose that we use the wealth that will surely be coming to us on a comprehensive program of military expansion and reform. We should build a barracks in the capital and in other population centers if possible, while also expanding the size of the standing army, recruiting better officers to lead it, and maintaining a minimum amount of wealth for hiring auxiliary forces in times of crisis.

I support this proposal with emphasis on the buildings, a barracks in the capital and any provinces that would supply a similar amount of manpower will help us immensely.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

TildeATH posted:

Quiet you, with your superstitious ways!

I propose we Explore and colonize these new islands Allah has delivered to us and continue to explore West of these islands to find a route to our Muslim brothers in China!

I support this.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Ralepozozaxe posted:

As much as I dislike our current alliance with the Celts, they would be useful in opening a second front against the French should they try to invade us while our country is distracted with gold.

Who are the rivals to the Kingdom of Italy? I am open to allying ourselves with other people of the book if it serves to protect the interests of Palermo.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Snipee posted:

As much as I dislike our current alliance with the Celts, they would be useful in opening a second front against the French should they try to invade us while our country is distracted with gold.
This. I don't think severing the alliance is a good idea at all.

Besides, they are in a good position to get colonies for themselves, so they can (eventually) become a good business partner.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

I, Chatrapati of the Ulama, support Ralepozozaxe's proposal to support our brothers of the faith and end our alliance with the bloodthirsty Celts.

Luhood
Nov 13, 2012

I, Lutfi al-Uthman, hereby declare a motion that we are to KEEP our alliance with the Celts. If we are to have the Rhine as our goal we can't let their lack of piety stand in the way of a masterful alliance.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Snipee posted:

Who are the rivals to the Kingdom of Italy? I am open to allying ourselves with other people of the book if it serves to protect the interests of Palermo.

Italy is rivalled to Bavaria, the Celtic Empire and Morocco. This is what the opinion mapmode looks like:

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice
Provence seems to like us a little.

EDIT: What's that green country below the "I" in Italy?

GenderSelectScreen fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 11, 2017

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

And Aragon doesn't hate us...?

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

It's definitely possible to ally with Provence (even though they're allied with France), but Aragon is our rival.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

And Aragon doesn't hate us...?

Enemy of enemy. We beat up Castille, they don't like us, but they appreciate us not fighting them.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

WilliamAnderson posted:

Enemy of enemy. We beat up Castille, they don't like us, but they appreciate us not fighting them.

It looks like France is getting ready to swallow Aragon whole. As bad things are now, imagine having a land border in Iberia with France! And we're ignoring it to play patrician

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Luhood posted:

I, Lutfi al-Uthman, hereby declare a motion that we are to KEEP our alliance with the Celts. If we are to have the Rhine as our goal we can't let their lack of piety stand in the way of a masterful alliance.

After close consultation with my clients, I, Samwyiyl al-Samivyr, declare myself to be a silly-billy who can't read. Sorry!

Samovar fucked around with this message at 22:13 on May 11, 2017

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Naval Superiority Policy: Develop the size and power of our navy so that it exceeds that of our strongest plausible naval rival. Consider this auto-withdrawn if we're already the strongest naval power in the area.

I, Mi-al-kl of the League of Merchants, support this proposal.

Al-andalus rule the waves!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Samovar posted:

After close consultation with my clients, I, Samwyiyl al-Samivyr, have been delegated to support the motion proposed by Lutfi al-Uthman, as an example of bipartisan policies as well as continuing to be a thorn in France's side and keep their attention North.

No inter-party voting. If you don't think the New Taifas will end up supporting that policy, then propose it yourself, for your faction to consider.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Samovar posted:

After close consultation with my clients, I, Samwyiyl al-Samivyr, have been delegated to support the motion proposed by Lutfi al-Uthman, as an example of bipartisan policies as well as continuing to be a thorn in France's side and keep their attention North.

Hashim posted:

Okay, so I've changed the rules relating to policies a bit. Firstly, you can only vote for a policy that someone in your faction has proposed, so there's no inter-faction voting anymore, unless you want to get thrown in the oubliette.

Don't get thrown to the oubliette, fellow merchant.

Yessod
Mar 21, 2007

Hashim posted:

Italy is rivalled to Bavaria, the Celtic Empire and Morocco. This is what the opinion mapmode looks like:

Whoah, France is slipping over the Pyrenees.

Going to join the Taifas.

We need to start building up our manpower, discipline, and army tradition now. More money is going to be good, but we need to spend it on things that will let us grow and not get eaten by big blue.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

I, Snipee of the Ulama, propose that we dedicate resources towards developing an alliance with Bavaria to weaken the Kingdom of Italy. Palermo must not fall.

Who knows. Maybe the Bavarians could even be useful should the Merchants mismanage that inevitable war with the French.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Samovar posted:

The Oubliette Faction grows with each passing season!

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3

Snipee posted:

I, Snipee of the Ulama, propose that we dedicate resources towards developing an alliance with Bavaria to weaken the Kingdom of Italy. Palermo must not fall.

Who knows. Maybe the Bavarians could even be useful should the Merchants mismanage that inevitable war with the French.

You would have us align with unwashed Catholic infidels? Pah, taste my shoe!

On that note, I advocate breaking our alliance with the barbarous Celts. Only fellows of Mohammedan faith are worthy of our comfort and support.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

How dissappointing, that the bloodying of our nose inspires the great of Al-Andalus not to seek righteous retribution, but to cower behind silks and empty promises of gold! Only one thing in this world is sure, and it is steel. Therefore:

I, Ismail al-Cyrahzax, propose that we use the wealth that will surely be coming to us on a comprehensive program of military expansion and reform. We should build a barracks in the capital and in other population centers if possible, while also expanding the size of the standing army, recruiting better officers to lead it, and maintaining a minimum amount of wealth for hiring auxiliary forces in times of crisis.

I, Ibn-bil Bibil, agree with this proposal. If we cannot raise arms at least we can prepare for when we must.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Luhood posted:

I stand with my brother in this, we need allies, and not just ones who we intend to betray and conquer like the Almorhavids.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Erwin the German posted:

You would have us align with the unwashed infidels? Pah, taste my shoe!

On that note, I advocate breaking our alliance with the barbarous Celts. Only fellows of Mohammedan faith are worthy of our comfort and support.

Look around you, man! There are no other Muslim powers in Western Europe besides us and Palermo! I would be interested in an alliance with Tunis if we weren't already allied with their Moroccan enemies, but we have to be pragmatic and do what is best for our fellows of the Mohammedan faith in Italy. This is no time to voluntarily weaken ourselves. After all, we already bled ourselves assisting the damned Celts. I want to see if they are honorable enough to return the favor when the time comes. And trust me, that time is coming. Have you already forgotten about the ongoing crusade against Palermo? Our attention should be to our east, not our north. We can dispose of the Celtic alliance once we are in a stronger military position to safeguard Islam on our own. The French and Castillians are united in their desire to destroy us, and we certainly cannot defend Islam in Italy if we cannot even defend Islam in Iberia.

Snipee fucked around with this message at 22:20 on May 11, 2017

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Are the Celts people of the book or pagans?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Snipee posted:

Look around you, man! There are no other Muslim powers in Western Europe besides us and Palermo! I would be interested in an alliance with Tunis if we weren't already allied with their Moroccan enemies, but we have to be pragmatic and do what is best for our fellows of the Mohammedan faith in Italy. This is no time to voluntarily weaken ourselves. After all, we already bled ourselves assisting the damned Celts. I want to see if they are honorable enough to return the favor when the time comes. And trust me, that time is coming. Have you already forgotten about the ongoing crusade against Palermo? Our attention should be to our west, not our north. We can dispose of the Celtic alliance once we are in a stronger military position to safeguard Islam on our own. The French and Castillians are united in their desire to destroy us, and we certainly cannot defend Islam in Italy if we cannot even defend Islam in Iberia.

The West? What's to the West besides more territory that you admit we can't defend? Why should we ignore the North as they lick their chops for an invasion? The Celts could be a fine distraction, but without a better army and without removing the collaborator-kings in the North, our heartland is not safe!

If we can build alliances in Europe to distract the French, fine, but Palermo signed her own death warrant when she betrayed the Sultanate. Really, we should try to occupy Sicily before the Italians get the chance, maybe the merchants' navy will be good for holding that at least.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Flavius Belisarius posted:

Are the Celts people of the book or pagans?

They're Catholic.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

The West? What's to the West besides more territory that you admit we can't defend? Why should we ignore the North as they lick their chops for an invasion? The Celts could be a fine distraction, but without a better army and without removing the collaborator-kings in the North, our heartland is not safe!

If we can build alliances in Europe to distract the French, fine, but Palermo signed her own death warrant when she betrayed the Sultanate. Really, we should try to occupy Sicily before the Italians get the chance, maybe the merchants' navy will be good for holding that at least.

Whoops, I meant "East". Fixing hilariously opposite-meaning typo now.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

TildeATH posted:

I propose we Explore and colonize these new islands Allah has delivered to us and continue to explore West of these islands to find a route to our Muslim brothers in China!

As I have already said, our destiny lies across the ocean. As such I Ikasuhito of the Merchants support this measure.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Hashim posted:

They're Catholic.

Pagans then!

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Policy setup so far, let me know if I missed something.

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Lord Cyrahzax, TravelLog, Tendronai, Ibblebibble.

catlord posted:

I propose a small expansion to our army for the purpose of defence. Gold is good, and we don't want the French or whoever stealing ours.

catlord.

Luhood posted:

Luhood, Rodyle.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, The Dalai Ullama, propose that we break our alliance with them, and find a good Muslim ally to replace them.

Ralepozozaxe, Mountaineer, Agean90, Erwin the German.

Snipee posted:

Snipee.

TildeATH posted:

TildeATH, Grizzwold, Samovar, Dick Trauma, GunnerJ, Talas, Yvonmukluk, RZApublican, Ikasuhito.

Affi posted:

The League of Merchants propose that we find the sea route to Mecca so that our pilgrims do not have to brave the deserts or Christian pirates to pray at our holiest place! we can partake of the riches of India!

(I want us to explore towards finding a way to cross Africa so actually not going west towards the new world!)

Affi.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Naval Superiority Policy: Develop the size and power of our navy so that it exceeds that of our strongest plausible naval rival. Consider this auto-withdrawn if we're already the strongest naval power in the area.

GunnerJ, Soup du Jour, ShootaBoy, Hitlers Gay Secret, Mikl.

WilliamAnderson posted:

Given this, I propose that we develop the production on our gold mine up to 10, with the other development increases split equally.

WilliamAnderson, Frionnel.

paragon1 posted:

I, Hussein al-Paragonia of the Merchants, do hereby propose that we build all of the docks (all of them), and also construct a new mosque to see to the spiritual needs of the sailors.

paragon1.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Fellow Taifas, the syncretic llama-man will destroy our anti-French alliance without your support!

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Rodyle posted:

Fellow Taifas, the syncretic llama-man will destroy our anti-French alliance without your support!

just waot u til we hit vicky and i try to turn us in syncretic communist llama-men

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Switching from Taifas to Merchants.

Support exploration or something.