Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Fellatio del Toro posted:

I think you're forgetting a hero that already has a cone blast, short range movement skill, spinning shooty death ult, and grimdark aesthetic

My thought for Reaper is his trait would be 'people drop soul orbs when they die, and Reaper does more damage when he's closer to his target.' That alone is enough to differentiate him somewhat.

Not sure how Wraith Walk/Shadow Step would work, but eh.

The Overwatch hero I'd want to see is Junkrat, though.

Autoattack skillshots! :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Shadow Step's pretty easy, it's fundamentally similar to something like Leoric's ghost walk or Medivh's portals, pick a destination and channel a bit maybe and there you go.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

floofyscorp posted:

Reaper cosplay skin for Valla, done.

That's her master skin. :v:

Lemon-Lime posted:

They really should do this, she has a dearth of good skins and most of her kit is visually close enough to him to work.

Compared to LoL and DotA, very few heroes have good skins.

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 22:05 on May 11, 2017

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Getting Braxis Hold AND Hanamura on the PTR after waiting in the queue for an eternity is a special kind of hell

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER

Cuntellectual posted:

Having just played The Butcher for the first time in forever: Wow is he ever bad.

I got a friend that is a savage butcher player, but he only plays him when I go diablo and his girlfriend goes tyrande. After that he takes abattoir and lamb to the slaughter and I'm not sure what else, and he'll skip the first objective or two and rotate hard to build stacks, usually has them around lvl 10 or 11. After that he's a loving beast. You gotta engage from mounted and save your charge to interrupt or secure important kills.

But basicallly every other butcher I play with is disappointing in comparison.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

Cuntellectual posted:

Having just played The Butcher for the first time in forever: Wow is he ever bad.

Tychus' goal is to melt tanks, and TBTA is really the best talent for that. You follow through with Overkill, since his trait doesn't affect it anyways.

Making him collect tokens to Git Gud is not very good, but I think they were trying to solve the problem of Butcher gameplay being "hide in the back, charge, slam the other buttons, repeat." Otherwise Butcher feels OK.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Unboxed the Butcher announcer last night :kheldragar:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I got the Abathur announcer in a loot box yesterday. Gonna be tough to decide between using him, E.T.C. and Gazlowe on the regular. :unsmith:

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

My friend got the Murky announcer and rerolled it

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

:sever:

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

My friend got the Murky announcer and rerolled it

sever

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I got Azmodunk and D/Ced, then I did not have Azmodunk.

I mean I don't play Azmo but that has to be top 3 skins in the game.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Olaf The Stout posted:

I got Azmodunk and D/Ced, then I did not have Azmodunk.

I mean I don't play Azmo but that has to be top 3 skins in the game.

I prefer Az'Gul'Dan.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!
the murky announcer is Bad. so is the brightwing announcer. sorry folks.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Cuntellectual posted:

Compared to LoL and DotA, very few heroes have good skins.

That's a funny joke, I laughed.

I think we'll stop getting Overwatch heroes for awhile, maybe. Probably.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Poultron posted:

the murky announcer is Bad. so is the brightwing announcer. sorry folks.

Poultron posted:

If you play with the D.va announcer you have some of the worst taste known to man, hope this helps.

:wrong:

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I just want Mengsk then I don't care who else they make.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Bloody Pom posted:

Unboxed the Butcher announcer last night :kheldragar:

That's the only one I have. It, like the butcher, sucks.

I'd buy the Anub'Arak one, but his voice in hots is so awful.

SKULL.GIF posted:

Mengsk and a Warcraft peon or something. Peon, Mengsk, Abathur, Cho'Gall for team 'one body on the entire map'. :v:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:30 on May 12, 2017

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
I got the Murky announcer as part of my boxstorm when 2.0 launched.

Immediately shelved it in favor of Li Li.

Sassy panda best panda.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
I mean just in terms of a general good announcer it's hard to beat Gazlowe.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Tychus announcer best announcer.

I will not hear otherwise.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
it would be nice if announcer was just a profile setting instead of per-hero. i unboxed a few announcers but havent listened to any of them yet because i keep forgetting to change it

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

Cuntellectual posted:

That's the only one I have. It, like the butcher, sucks.

I also have the Brightwing announcer, so I now have the two most bloodthirsty ones.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

quite stretched out posted:

it would be nice if announcer was just a profile setting instead of per-hero. i unboxed a few announcers but havent listened to any of them yet because i keep forgetting to change it

Yeah, there needs to be universal defaults for banner/spray/announcer, and per-hero loadouts can change those or just use default.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kai Tave posted:

I mean just in terms of a general good announcer it's hard to beat Gazlowe.

ETC

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I wish I had a way to just randomly choose between ETC, Gazlowe, and Abathur announcers :(

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Well, actually, you see, my Opinion is a Fact, and Opinions that aren't Mine are Alternative Facts. Checkmate, stupid

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Poultron posted:

Well, actually, you see, my Opinion is a Fact, and Opinions that aren't Mine are Alternative Facts. Checkmate, stupid

No he's actually right.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Dear Blizzard

Please make a Blackheart announcer pack so that I can have the best default announcer on all the maps instead of just Blackheart's Bay.

Also, consider making the other Nexus default announcers their own separate announcer packs, too, if you feel like it.

But definitely make a Blackheart announcer pack.

bio347
Oct 29, 2012
The only announcer I need is Alarak.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Wowee, a hat trick! We got wiped three times and had three bosses stolen in one match! :yotj:

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

W.T. Fits posted:

Dear Blizzard

Please make a Blackheart announcer pack so that I can have the best default announcer on all the maps instead of just Blackheart's Bay.

Also, consider making the other Nexus default announcers their own separate announcer packs, too, if you feel like it.

But definitely make a Blackheart announcer pack.

This and also a Raven Lord vs Grave Keeper announcer pack for all maps.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Mind over Matter posted:

This and also a Raven Lord vs Grave Keeper announcer pack for all maps.

They should do a Raven Lord/Grave Keeper joint announcer and have them both comment on your play like Waldorf and Statler.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Deckard Cain is the only announcer I need.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMAbNFptzAA

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

BrianBoitano posted:

Reddit put together a "pick your favorite 6 maps" poll. https://goo.gl/forms/oBe9hyF4GC7TIRtY2

I did one just for goons because I want to see how we differ from Reddit: https://goo.gl/forms/AefASRlKLWUkaRCL2

Please do both so we can tell people their favorite map is wrong.

e: finding the results page is confusing if you've already submitted a response. Here are the live results.

Wish they were in the same order to make it easier to compare.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

SKULL.GIF posted:

Mengsk, Deathwing, and Stukov are the three heroes that have had assets in the client for almost a year that haven't been released yet, so he is definitely on the radar.

Sometimes they have assets and completely redo them though. The Overmind had voice and art files in the game since Beta, but they turned him into Abathur instead.

The Mengsk files have sound effects for skills called "Propaganda Tower" and art assets for "Psi Emitter" but it is entirely possible that those are abandoned since they have been there for so long.

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

bio347 posted:

The only announcer I need is Alarak.

Not an empty quote

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I said it before: Khadgar announcer pack where he just tells dad jokes all game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

We've got four elements of Mage now right? Karl'thas fire, Jaina frost, Li-Ming arcane and Gul'Dan fel. I'd really like Khadgar to be a hero with dad jokes for every other hero but I don't know what mage he would be.