Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

ImpAtom posted:

Some of them have special abilities and some actually have better stats than Venom Boss does. It's relatively minor though.

Venom can learn all of their combat abilities by upgrading the prosthetic arm, so it kind of balances out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I like all of this. Another good reason to get it is, I don't think it's going to be a PS+ game because of the violence.

Binding of Isaac was a ps+ game.

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

Soft Shell Crab posted:

I like all of this. Another good reason to get it is, I don't think it's going to be a PS+ game because of the violence.

Mortal Kombat 9 was a PS+ game.

AutomaticPrince
Jun 14, 2013

OxMan posted:

I never played it on PC nor have I played Overwatch but man is Paladins lots of fun. Bought the founders pack last night and a new character came out today too, if anyone else is hooked like me add EffEmmEll. Currently working to acct lvl 15 for that PVE mode.

Use Skye if you want to level up fast. I'm easily snagging 20+ kills per round.

Soft Shell Crab
Apr 12, 2006

Ineffiable posted:

Ineffiable posted:

drat I have missed both games when they were ps+. There goes that theory then.

e:quoted wrong. Too lazy to fix.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Covok posted:

Alright, threw in my order on Amazon for a Pro 1TB. Picked up Bloodborne and Until Dawn while I was at it. Thought I should finally touch those exclusives that piqued my interest before.

Thanks for the help.

Don't neglect PSN's great indie titles, they have some really great digital exclusives like Journey and Abzu. Transistor and Bastion are spectacular as well.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Don't neglect PSN's great indie titles, they have some really great digital exclusives like Journey and Abzu. Transistor and Bastion are spectacular as well.

I don't think any of those are exclusive

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

morallyobjected posted:

I don't think any of those are exclusive

Journey absolutely is.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Of all the amazing games that are available for ps4 Abzu and Transistor are not the 2 I'd make in a blind recommendation. Definitely not games for everybody.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe

ImpAtom posted:

Journey absolutely is.

Journey has a physical edition.
I've seen it on store shelves

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.
It's not exclusive but please buy Shovel Knight. It's great.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Sefal posted:

Journey has a physical edition.
I've seen it on store shelves

I thought the point was that they were Sony exclusive.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

bloodychill posted:

I thought the point was that they were Sony exclusive.

3 of those 4 games aren't Sony exclusive.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Macarius Wrench posted:

Of all the amazing games that are available for ps4 Abzu and Transistor are not the 2 I'd make in a blind recommendation. Definitely not games for everybody.

Journey is awesome. ABZU is awesome if you didn't play Journey. (especially close together.)

The thing that bothered me most about ABZU was how much of a bankrupt copycat it felt like of Journey. It bugged the poo poo out of me.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

exploded mummy posted:

:psyduck:

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Also I'm pretty sure Bastion was an Xbox exclusive for a month before it launched on other platforms.

morallyobjected
Nov 3, 2012
I was thinking PS4 exclusive, but I guess it's not likely he had a PS3.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

exploded mummy posted:

I had thought Abzu was a PS4 exclusive as well.

Transistor I erroneously also thought was an exclusive. I guess you don't get many exclusive indie games.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

Journey is awesome. ABZU is awesome if you didn't play Journey. (especially close together.)

The thing that bothered me most about ABZU was how much of a bankrupt copycat it felt like of Journey. It bugged the poo poo out of me.

I played both in quick succession of each other at New Years and I loved Abzu and didn't really feel as impacted with Journey. Maybe it was the freedom of underwater movement but it just felt like a more flowing game. Certainly think both are worth playing though.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

There are a bunch of indie games that are PS4 + PC, where Sony threw money at devs to keep them off the Xbox as part of the "We 💓 indies" push

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

morallyobjected posted:

I was thinking PS4 exclusive, but I guess it's not likely he had a PS3.

Ah ok, I was wondering what a physical release had to do with exclusivity. In any case, those are all solid indies. Transistor is one of three games I've bothered to plat. Flinthook is so fun I might do the same with it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

There are a bunch of indie games that are PS4 + PC, where Sony threw money at devs to keep them off the Xbox as part of the "We 💓 indies" push

Most of the time its just that xbox requires exclusive content unless they are the first platform so little devs cant afford to publish there. Sony has really only backed the PLAY promotion games afaik

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I just saw a youtube ad for farpoint

Aparently its out next week?

Please post videos of yourself playing the game with that goofy controller if you have a psvr

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Real hurthling! posted:

I just saw a youtube ad for farpoint

Aparently its out next week?

Please post videos of yourself playing the game with that goofy controller if you have a psvr

Here I am

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Yes

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Why the hell can't I watch Red Sox games on NESN through the Playstation VUE sports service? Can I online?

kajeto
Mar 27, 2004
Instrumento De Muerte
Is PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds coming to the PS4? I read somewhere that the developer wanted to bring it to consoles but I don't know if it's been confirmed. This looks like a lot of fun and I wish my old PC could run it.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

kajeto posted:

Is PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds coming to the PS4? I read somewhere that the developer wanted to bring it to consoles but I don't know if it's been confirmed. This looks like a lot of fun and I wish my old PC could run it.

Nothing's been confirmed.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Grouchio posted:

Why the hell can't I watch Red Sox games on NESN through the Playstation VUE sports service? Can I online?

because MLB probably reserves the OTT rights for MLB.tv ?

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Lots of good stuff besides HUD options in that HZD update: sorting and mark to sell in inventory/vendor screens, "sell all" with one button in the sell multiple dialog. My fave: map filters cause that is one busy map. Resolves a ton of minor complaints (though this stuff should have been obvious from the start tbh).

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Df says usb hdds and ssds are always faster than internal for anyone trying to save 10-20 seconds in a game session

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
How is that even possible? Shouldn't the USB protocol alone make it slower than whatever native hardward protocol it uses to communicated with the internal drive?

God, I know nothing about computers...

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

its the same for xbox too. part of it is just that its a consumer product like a toaster so they arent buying the kind of drives you would as an external they are trying to save a buck. theres probably more to it.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
I wanna say I've heard of a game or games having worse load times with an external drive on the bone.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Snak posted:

How is that even possible? Shouldn't the USB protocol alone make it slower than whatever native hardward protocol it uses to communicated with the internal drive?

God, I know nothing about computers...

Not really. USB3 is about on par with SATA3 for speed (5GBps vs 6) and actually has better bandwidth (640MBps vs 600).

Also the stock internal drive is likely an average consumer model compared to the top of the line external TB drive you connected.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Sony Japan put out this sizzle reel video yesterday and it has got me so goddamn hyped for the rest of this year.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Oh snap! I didn't even know a new EDF was coming.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Man I forgot there was a new EDF coming out.

E: lol

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Personally I'm glad to be reminded that a FF12 remaster is coming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
EU Everybody's Golf Beta sign up.

https://beta.software.eu.playstation.com/EverybodysGolfBeta