Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

WAM?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

It's an acwonym fo Wandom Access Memowy.

Scratch-O
Apr 27, 2009

My goodness!
No seriously, is there a guide to getting better at Puyo Pop? I cannot wrap my head around making anything higher than a 3-combo when they give you, like, 20 spaces that pieces can take up.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

Takoluka posted:

Play more Puyo.

But i'm bad at it. :(

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I wanna choose Switch! *snap* *snap*

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I wanna play my Switch... but... how do I? There are no games

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Anyone get minecraft? Is it good? I have no games, mk8 is old.

It's Phil approved:

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/862683113675038720

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Microsoft is making games for Switch? Nintendo is doomed.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I logged into the eshop and Minecraft is still listed as coming soon despite the release date being today. When does the eshop update?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I have never played minecraft

what does the switch version have over any of the other million versions of it

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

TFRazorsaw posted:

I logged into the eshop and Minecraft is still listed as coming soon despite the release date being today. When does the eshop update?

6pm pst

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Zore posted:

I have never played minecraft

what does the switch version have over any of the other million versions of it

Mario skins and a Mario "map" that's there for looking at stuff and nothing else I think.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

TFRazorsaw posted:

I think I remember reading it'll be up at 9PM EST for whatever reason.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Stoked for Namco to release a Tales Of game on the switch. A Vesperia/ Berseria port would own

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Hello I am playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and enjoying my console.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Stoked for Namco to release a Tales Of game on the switch. A Vesperia/ Berseria port would own

Graces is the best one solely on the strength of the combat. Shame that asbel sucks so bad though

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Hello I am playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and enjoying my console.

hosed up if true

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

How you can enjoy a dead console

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ethanol posted:

I'd tell you but it's illegal in most states so dr tim might get mad

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

ethanol posted:

We all post on a dead gay forum so...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I don't like racing games so I don't have MK8D

I post this because I feel it to be some sort of possible blasphemy and crave absolution

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Ciaphas posted:

I post this because I feel it to be some sort of possible blasphemy and crave absolution

I don't like racing games but MK8 is a stellar party game.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Endorph posted:

Bamco released it's yearly presentation thing for the next fiscal year.

Notably, it says that they have Taiko, a Tales game, and Dragonball Xenoverse 2 planned for release on the Switch by the end of the fiscal year (March 2018.)

Keep in mind this is for Japan, so localization of those things might take longer (and lol at the US getting a Taiko game.)

Tales games on the Switch? :bisonyes:

Endorph posted:

Xenoverse 2 is decent. The 'plot's kinda lame and combat isn't as involved as Tenkaichi 2 but making your own badass dragonball z fanfic OC is fun, though a lot of the coolest moves are random drops from sidequests which is lame.

What're some of the good and bad differences it has compared to Xenoverse 1? I enjoyed the first one aside from a couple awful story missions, like the one inside Frieza's ship where you had to keep Gohan and Krillin alive despite their best attempts at getting themselves killed as fast as possible.

Ended up beating that mission by going off and running the gold frieza (DLC) fight, barely clearing it, gaining about 30 levels from a single win, and then going back and murdering the 20 or so henchmen before the two idiot NPCs could get themselves killed.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Either that or the Symphonia duology, just because they're originally both from Nintendo consoles. Especially considering it's already been ported once to Steam.

ToS 2 is pretty universally hated isn't it? It was a pretty big step backwards from ToS. Symphonia->Abyss->Vesperia was good though, and a collection of those 3 would be a definite Day 1 buy.

Detective No. 27 posted:

First Sega, now Microsoft.

When the end comes it will heralded by Mario sitting atop a throne of Sega, Microsoft, and Sony exclusive game characters' skulls.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

What're some of the good and bad differences it has compared to Xenoverse 1? I enjoyed the first one aside from a couple awful story missions, like the one inside Frieza's ship where you had to keep Gohan and Krillin alive despite their best attempts at getting themselves killed as fast as possible
Pros: they made grinding less annoying. If you meet the conditions for a mission's secret boss, the boss always activates, it isn't rng. peopel that aren't saiyans get transformations.

Cons: the raid battles are kind of lame. the story's just a lukewarm retread of the first game mostly. the flying nimbus blows.

combat's basically the same, tho they've retooled movesets so that there's less braindead infinites.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I'd tell you but it's illegal in most states so dr tim might get mad

Thank you for not discussing crime here!

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

Does anyone plan on hosting a goon map in Minecraft?

The only time I really got into minecraft was on the 360 goon map, I wish the game supported servers so someone didn't have to leave their system on all the time.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Ciaphas posted:

Battle mode isn't racing.:smug:

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

.TakaM posted:

The only time I really got into minecraft was on the 360 goon map, I wish the game supported servers so someone didn't have to leave their system on all the time.

How would you even do a goon map then?

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

by someone leaving their system on all the time :shobon:

this was a thing people did on xbox360, I dunno if anyone would still be willing to do it these days

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

spasticColon posted:

And yet I still give a personal score of 9.9/10 because there is no such thing as a perfect game. The game froze/locked up on me a few times on the GameCube. :colbert:

9.9/10 because I was playing it when news of the Space Shuttle Columbia disaster broke and I will forever associate it with tragedy

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.

.TakaM posted:

There are no Minecraft Realms on consoles?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

.TakaM posted:

by someone leaving their system on all the time :shobon:

this was a thing people did on xbox360, I dunno if anyone would still be willing to do it these days

People actually did that? Good lord.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Drunk Tomato posted:

There are no Minecraft Realms on consoles?

I haven't been keeping up on minecraft dev but if there's realms on iOS but not on consoles I'll laugh forever

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

I haven't been keeping up on minecraft dev but if there's realms on iOS but not on consoles I'll laugh forever

Better clear your plans then

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

turnways posted:

Better clear your plans then

:rip:

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
So I got MarioKart tonight on the eShop, my first ever eShop purchase, and I discovered two things coming from the PS4/PSN.

1.) A new law became effective this year in my state that charges tax on digital purchases. Sony updated PSN to reflect this. Nintendo have not. :D
2.) My credit card actually worked the first time and didn't error out, forcing me to use PayPal or go to use the browser on my computer or any poo poo like that. Just worked.

So yay Nintendo.

Download slow as gently caress though so at least some things feel like PSN.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Detective No. 27 posted:

Master Chief for Smash

As an assist trophy

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...
So does no one know how to enable co-op on Playgrounds? Bueller?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Minecraft's out and there's like $100 worth of DLC available :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Over $50 worth of DLC that's just stuff you could do for free if you had the PC version.

• Locked thread