Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

Ularg posted:

Lots of employers here in Florida like to pull the bullshit "We pay you in sunshine!" for people moving here.

Sue them for giving you skin cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
The Guardian newspaper loves to bang its drum about financial exploitation...while having a ton of unpaid internships on the go, and millions being pissed away on vanity projects.

Sooner that poo poo gets clamped down on the better.

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
Did you think Imgur could forgive a hot woman for existing? The hive mind et al seems to have decided to turn their hateboners on some model who posted to r/roastme. Two days in a row now Imgur's FP has had people shouting about how savage their multi-page hate essays are, and how bitches like her totally deserve it.

Holy poo poo does Imgur hates women.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ygp0B
http://imgur.com/gallery/KuYK6

TLDR:

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Squidster posted:

Did you think Imgur could forgive a hot woman for existing? The hive mind et al seems to have decided to turn their hateboners on some model who posted to r/roastme. Two days in a row now Imgur's FP has had people shouting about how savage their multi-page hate essays are, and how bitches like her totally deserve it.

Holy poo poo does Imgur hates women.

http://imgur.com/gallery/ygp0B
http://imgur.com/gallery/KuYK6

TLDR:

Surprise surprise, the nerds who spew hate at the pretty girl for perceived lack of depth and insecurity are actually themselves shallow and insecure. "She looks like the girl of my dreams!" He doesn't know anything about her other than he finds her attractive, and that's all he needs for her to be the girl of her dreams. Doesn't get much shallower than that.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
How are these roasts supposed to be funny? It's just hateful garbage paraded around as deep insights.

I hate them with a passion.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Fathis Munk posted:

How are these roasts supposed to be funny? It's just hateful garbage paraded around as deep insights.

"You think you are good but you are bad inside, and something bad will happen to you." :smug:

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
Crazy but I saw a hot babe on the street the other day and I wasn't filled with rage. Babes are good things, why do people get so mad about them?

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
I was like "hell yeah, what a babe" and checked her out as I was pulling out of the parking lot and then also in my sideview mirror as I pulled away. It was good.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

Crazy but I saw a hot babe on the street the other day and I wasn't filled with rage. Babes are good things, why do people get so mad about them?

Because they know they will never get to gently caress them. If they don't gently caress them, what are they even good for?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Its a just-world fallacy. If they are so much better looking then me/what I could get, then there is something lovely about them to even that out. They must be a shallow vapid person who spends all their time posting pictures of themselves. Which is much worse then the people spending all their time making fun of people hotter then them. The real not shallow people.

I read the "your nipples are too far apart and weird" in the down trodden Charlie and the Chocolate Factory voice "I bet the golden ticket makes the chocolate taste bad anyway..."

Bombadilillo has a new favorite as of 17:30 on May 11, 2017

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Naturally they found her Instragram account and attacked her there, too. r/roastme, all in good fun.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013
The most pathetic thing is how they all think they're destroying her with perfect, Hannibal Lector-esque precision. Like they clearly see her breaking down at how accurately they've summed her up.

You're literally just saying "you're hot so I bet you're a shallow slut" you cretins.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Naturally they found her Instragram account and attacked her there, too. r/roastme, all in good fun.

What kind of mindset do you have to be in to do this type of stuff? I understand posting some comments on the original photo, even if I don't necessarily agree with the contents, but tracking someone down in a different place just to shout at them because they left the place that was shouting at them is absolutely ridiculous. Does she have some sort of posting history that suggests she's worth all of this fervor?

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

SpacePig posted:

What kind of mindset do you have to be in to do this type of stuff? I understand posting some comments on the original photo, even if I don't necessarily agree with the contents, but tracking someone down in a different place just to shout at them because they left the place that was shouting at them is absolutely ridiculous. Does she have some sort of posting history that suggests she's worth all of this fervor?

Sad nerds with zero self esteem who take it out on women online because on the internet nobody can punch you in the goddamn face. That's the mindset.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
All around the world pretty girls wipe the floor with all the boys.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Magnus Manfist posted:

The most pathetic thing is how they all think they're destroying her with perfect, Hannibal Lector-esque precision. Like they clearly see her breaking down at how accurately they've summed her up.

You're literally just saying "you're hot so I bet you're a shallow slut" you cretins.

Little do they know that they are more a kin to Miggs.
Or titty sucking baby Hannibal in the Hannibal book.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Fathis Munk posted:

"You don't know anything about them other than that they hate a woman for being pretty, and yet you hate them with a passion?

Maybe you are the true double-Hitler :smug:"

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:lol: don't insult me, I'm at least a penta-hitler :rolleyes:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Idiots: what level of Hitler are you?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Good old middle aged women on facebook groups. No idea what she's trying to say to this guy

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Calling drugs dope is a great indicator of whether someone is a dumb square

The ones that know this but think it's good are even worse

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
IOSM: My opinion is like an rear end in a top hat

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Fathis Munk posted:

How are they supposed to be roasts? Roasting someone is making jokes at their expense, not reeling out a list of presumed character flaws with all the dry intensity of a constipated bowel. These must be the saddest people in the world.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

there wolf posted:

How are they supposed to be roasts? Roasting someone is making jokes at their expense, not reeling out a list of presumed character flaws with all the dry intensity of a constipated bowel. These must be the saddest people in the world.

But this is why the picture only roast isn't good. You need more knowledge about someone. The best you get is, "you so ugly that..." which can be a good zinger, but its not really the spirit of the roast. and "Your so pretty, I bet your a bitch" is like 5 steps down the entertainment ladder.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Bombadilillo posted:

Its a just-world fallacy. If they are so much better looking then me/what I could get, then there is something lovely about them to even that out. They must be a shallow vapid person who spends all their time posting pictures of themselves. Which is much worse then the people spending all their time making fun of people hotter then them. The real not shallow people.

I read the "your nipples are too far apart and weird" in the down trodden Charlie and the Chocolate Factory voice "I bet the golden ticket makes the chocolate taste bad anyway..."

Funnily enough in a just world lovely people like them would look like poo poo and have no friends because they're bitter turds.

Huh

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Funnily enough in a just world lovely people like them would look like poo poo and have no friends because they're bitter turds.

Huh

It truly is a just world

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Not really idiotic but dunno where to put this so what the hey:

https://twitter.com/dennysdiner/status/862756261082824704

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Bombadilillo posted:

But this is why the picture only roast isn't good. You need more knowledge about someone. The best you get is, "you so ugly that..." which can be a good zinger, but its not really the spirit of the roast. and "Your so pretty, I bet your a bitch" is like 5 steps down the entertainment ladder.

I agree, but even a bunch of your-mama jokes would at least be jokes. In a forum not occupied by the most embittered and humorless shits to ever breath air, a picture-only roast would just be an invitation to throw some zingers with the best getting the most votes. Leave it to reddit to instead go for a deadly serious reading of "vapid slut" in a billion permutations.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

BigglesSWE posted:

Not really idiotic but dunno where to put this so what the hey:

https://twitter.com/dennysdiner/status/862756261082824704

I actually think this is kind of cute, and think that the only thing that'll be stupid here is if Tyson tries to respond earnestly, which he more than likely will.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

there wolf posted:

I agree, but even a bunch of your-mama jokes would at least be jokes. In a forum not occupied by the most embittered and humorless shits to ever breath air, a picture-only roast would just be an invitation to throw some zingers with the best getting the most votes. Leave it to reddit to instead go for a deadly serious reading of "vapid slut" in a billion permutations.

Yeah, you get the "Yo eyes so far apart, you be dating chameleons." we can all get a sensible chuckle out of. Granted.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

SpacePig posted:

I actually think this is kind of cute, and think that the only thing that'll be stupid here is if Tyson tries to respond earnestly, which he more than likely will.

There are some corporate twitters that are actually kind of funny, Denny's being one of them. I've never even been to one but still follow them!

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

BigglesSWE posted:

There are some corporate twitters that are actually kind of funny, Denny's being one of them. I've never even been to one but still follow them!

Was it dennys that had the hi-res scavenger hunt? That was fun.

Also Wendies is funny, and got owned the Da Motha Fuckin Sharezone.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Admiral Joeslop has a new favorite as of 22:59 on May 11, 2017

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Idiots on Social Media: i am using my infelligence

or

Idiots on Social Media: FLAWLESS TYPO

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Wow it's almost as if people don't want to hear any views contrary to their own. Weird!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
copy-pist.

unwantedplatypus
Sep 6, 2012
Civil disobedience is now whining, good to know

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

Why do old people end every sentence with an ellipses like that when they type? No one does that when writing by hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elblanco
May 26, 2008

unwantedplatypus posted:

Civil disobedience is now whining, good to know

It's also plagiarism to say any words someone else has said.