Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That vanillaware mech game should be coming out this year right? Although there hasn't been any actual gameplay or information beyond "we are working on it" and "check out this drawing of a mecha girl"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

In Training posted:

That vanillaware mech game should be coming out this year right? Although there hasn't been any actual gameplay or information beyond "we are working on it" and "check out this drawing of a mecha girl"

literally googled it right now and it turns out, it's going to be at E3! http://gematsu.com/2017/04/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-appear-e3-2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

literally googled it right now and it turns out, it's going to be at E3! http://gematsu.com/2017/04/13-sentinels-aegis-rim-appear-e3-2017

loving awesome

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Who would have guessed that in 2017 the most successful and surprising and fun developer/publisher would be SEGA lol.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

is birthdays origins or whatever good. it looks like viva pinata a little. i just want viva pinata

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I hope housemarque shows matterfall at e3 its been like 3 years since they announced it and its a sidescrolling shooter so idk what they've been up to with it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

DLC Inc posted:

Since Mass Effect, Deus Ex, and Hitman are all dead, I require at least 1 Metroid game and/or 1 Vanillaware game to balance things out

I almost said "Dead Space" but I have zero faith in EA to do absolutely anything

Dead Space is unironically dead as far as I know which is a crying shame, I really enjoyed 1 and 2, especially the evolution of Isaac Clarke from silent protagonist to eternally pissed-off corpse stomper. Boy, EA sure does love making GBS threads up and squandering various franchises.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

In Training posted:

Who would have guessed that in 2017 the most successful and surprising and fun developer/publisher would be SEGA lol.

Some people would have but no one would have guessed the truth, which was that it would be Guerilla Games.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

From many pages back, but gently caress you Square-Enix :mad:

Hitman 2016 was great.

e: welp
Since people are asking about sales:

Hitman Absolution: Owners: 3,020,229 ± 50,168
Hitman: Owners: 631,227 ± 23,003

Hitman Absolution also shipped 3.6 million in a few months whereas presumably Hitman is no where near that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Tenzarin posted:

What happened to Tom Clancy's The Division? Did people stop playing it?

I think people said it was bad when it came out then they patched it 6 months later so it was good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

They've now canceled DE, canceled hitman, and told the TR team to focus on licensed properties
what other eidos stuff can they lose faith in?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Real hurthling! posted:

They've now canceled DE, canceled hitman, and told the TR team to focus on licensed properties
what other eidos stuff can they lose faith in?

Legacy of Kain oh wait :(

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

bloodychill posted:

Some people would have but no one would have guessed the truth, which was that it would be Guerilla Games.

Death Stranding isn't coming out for a few years

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

oddium posted:

is birthdays origins or whatever good. it looks like viva pinata a little. i just want viva pinata

It also reminds me of Viva Pinata and I also want to know if it's good. Someone find out if it's good.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

In Training posted:

To be this good takes AGES

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sega does what Squeenixdon't

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

DLC Inc posted:

Since Mass Effect, Deus Ex, and Hitman are all dead, I require at least 1 Metroid game and/or 1 Vanillaware game to balance things out

I almost said "Dead Space" but I have zero faith in EA to do absolutely anything
Didn't Bioware's B-team make Andromeda? Regardless, it's pretty inexcusable that they spent 4 years or more working on Andromeda and it still came out with easily noticeable and significant bugs.

It really amazes me how because you can do Day One patches developers seem more than happy to crap out their broken games early and 'reward' the preorder people with those problems.

It was mentioned a few pages back but it's absolutely much better these days to wait for most games to drop in price and get their bugs patched instead of paying full retail. There are so few games these days I will buy day one. There's just no point.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Bioware IS a B-team.

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

FlamingLiberal posted:

Didn't Bioware's B-team make Andromeda? Regardless, it's pretty inexcusable that they spent 4 years or more working on Andromeda and it still came out with easily noticeable and significant bugs.

It really amazes me how because you can do Day One patches developers seem more than happy to crap out their broken games early and 'reward' the preorder people with those problems.

It was mentioned a few pages back but it's absolutely much better these days to wait for most games to drop in price and get their bugs patched instead of paying full retail. There are so few games these days I will buy day one. There's just no point.

I don't think Bioware has an A-team anymore.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

DLC Inc posted:

You got a good System Shock-ish game for those franchise sacrifice.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://twitter.com/CarlDoonan/status/862504835177951232

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Sam Faust posted:

Fair enough...I had just heard that Bioware's 'A-team' was working on a new IP so they gave Andromeda to another studio.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Sam Faust posted:

Edmonton is their main studio and is the closest thing to OG Bioware there is. They did most of the other main Bioware games (ie the ME and DA series and stuff before that) and are probably working on the next DA game along with the unannounced Destiny-like game.

Montreal was a support studio that helped out on projects. Andromeda was their first actual game and it is there last for the forseeable future.

E: The idea that nobody from old Bioware is around is only true to an extent, given vets like Laidlaw and Weekes are in charge of Dragon Age.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
http://i.imgur.com/MQMB2HI.gifv

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Help Im Alive posted:

I think have the gift of incredibly low standards because I enjoy basically every game I buy (even mankind divided)

i just like to play video games

This is me.

Apart from Bioshock Infinite.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

That game had really weird animation at times where it'd just suddenly switch from that to just flat faces on models and it made it look really really off imo.

Also I remember Rikku winning some viewer's choice award for hottest video game girl from G4 when they decided it'd be a good idea to have an award ceremony about who the hottest video game girls are.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

God this took me way too long to figure out. First I thought it was just a weirdly drawn Kirby, Gooey and ChuChu

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

oddium posted:

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

It also reminds me of Viva Pinata and I also want to know if it's good. Someone find out if it's good.

Good news, there's a demo.

I would have tried it by now but I had been playing Yakuza 0 and just finished it tonight. There's nearly an hour of cutscenes after the last boss, drat.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why do streamers' videos on YouTube put their twitch chat on screen, I have to hold my tablet in such a way to hide it with my thumb. I'm sure spamming pepe emojis is great fun, but gently caress is it distracting. I'd take a facecam over that garbage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

FirstAidKite posted:

That game had really weird animation at times where it'd just suddenly switch from that to just flat faces on models and it made it look really really off imo.

Also I remember Rikku winning some viewer's choice award for hottest video game girl from G4 when they decided it'd be a good idea to have an award ceremony about who the hottest video game girls are.

She deserved it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
by the way ffx2hd has a roguelike in it

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Phantasium posted:

Good news, there's a demo.

I would have tried it by now but I had been playing Yakuza 0 and just finished it tonight. There's nearly an hour of cutscenes after the last boss, drat.

Where? I only see the game, soundtrack, artbook and a couple tiny free DLC.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
I can't stop watching this. I can't not stop imagining her talking in a low slow-motion voice telling her cousin to stop hitting on her.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Where? I only see the game, soundtrack, artbook and a couple tiny free DLC.

Right underneath the add to cart button on PSN? At least the US PSN.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

Phantasium posted:

Right underneath the add to cart button on PSN? At least the US PSN.

Fuckin' consoles <:mad:>

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I jumped back into Bayonetta on hard and I had to give up after getting too frustrated on some of the Aflheim challenges. I can feel myself hitting a skill ceiling that would take way too much time and practice to break through

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

bloodychill posted:

I can't stop watching this. I can't not stop imagining her talking in a low slow-motion voice telling her cousin to stop hitting on her.

That part early on in ffx-2 where Rikku's brother, Brother, tries to hit on his cousin Yuna and gets knocked down for it and you can then he grunts if you walk or jump on top of him

In Training posted:

She deserved it.

I forget who the show-picked winner was. I'll have to look it up real quick.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tenzarin posted:

What happened to Tom Clancy's The Division? Did people stop playing it?

It's being steadily dying and the devs announced the year 2 updates (basically nothing) so even the hardcore fans are giving up on it.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
Yikes

• Locked thread