Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Scarodactyl posted:

Counting up rather than down. Weeks since the late january announcement that it would not come out in january, was almost done but needed more bug testing and would be released in 'several weeks' (weeks in the future but not many).

Oh, I getcha. That's cool. They're all amusing little clips in their own way, and if one person can just pump out little hype-inducing shorts, why can't Unfunny Tweetman pause his daily hot #woke retweets about how bad GotG2 was because the Ravagers went to a robot brothel to give us a goddamn newspost.

e: basically twitter is the worst

Clawtopsy fucked around with this message at 00:52 on May 10, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Clawtopsy posted:

Unfunny Tweetman pause his daily hot #woke retweets about how bad GotG2 was because the Ravagers went to a robot brothel to give us a goddamn newspost.

That's a really weird reason to hate GotG2.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
Dude stalking the guy isn't gonna make the game better

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Plom Bar posted:

i don't think "going to head writer/lead creative designer's twitter" falls under the 'stalker' heading but okay

for the longest time it was the only way to find out there were new snaps

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Plom Bar posted:

Are we really at a point in time where looking at someone's Twitter account is grounds for stalking accusations

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Freak Futanari posted:

Are we really at a point in time where looking at someone's Twitter account is grounds for stalking accusations

Modern technology has taken the spark out of stalking, there's no art to it anymore.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

I'm not, like, invested in defending the guy, but gettin all ornery cuz he watched a movie is...well, I dunno what it is.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

My impression is that they're incredibly short-staffed.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

it was more a sample at what was at the top of his feed instead of p much anything about hiveswap ever

hes welcome to talk about whatever but cant he occasionally spare 144 characters or less for a multi-million dollar project he is heading

Lupus Rufus
Aug 11, 2008

Prepare for trouble!

And make it a double!

Clawtopsy posted:

it was more a sample at what was at the top of his feed instead of p much anything about hiveswap ever

hes welcome to talk about whatever but cant he occasionally spare 144 characters or less for a one hundred thousand dollar project he is heading

ftfy

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

it's still a multi-million dollar project even if they got millions of it stolen/pissed it away

The Room was a multi-million dollar movie

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

KaosMachina posted:

it's still a multi-million dollar project even if they got millions of it stolen/pissed it away

The Room was a multi-million dollar movie

false equivalency, the room was released and was actually pretty funny

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Clawtopsy posted:

false equivalency, the room was released and was actually pretty funny

It's pretty hosed up to think that The Room will probably be remembered as a bigger success, commercially and critically, than Hiveswap will inevitably be

In fact, i'd go out on a limb and say that Tommy Wiseau could write a better Hiveswap than Tweet Man

ArgumentatumE.C.T.
Nov 5, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

hiveswap tweet man posted:

guess my bar is pretty high because so many of the comics writers I love are so good and brave and experimental and push the medium forward

this is the words is a man with an amphetamine habit b/c he's too wussy and broke to try cocaine

hiveswap is going to be garbage's garbage i hope you guys are only paying any attention to it so you can have a good laugh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
goin' to a weird mockthread place itt

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
hivebent is being written by a less productive aaron diaz and that is by far the funniest joke homestuck has ever produced

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

paranoid randroid posted:

For real

I like Homestuck a whole lot but some of y'all's devotion to this borders on the slavish

Plom Bar fucked around with this message at 01:30 on May 12, 2017

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

just lock the drat thread already

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

"Going" as in the future? lol

Torgover
Sep 2, 2006

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Homestuck fans don't like Homestuck.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I'm back for the first time since this ended, and, frankly, I'm kinda glad I left. I'm back because it looks like there's one more page now,, but whatever's supposed to be there isn't loading? What's up with that?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Plom Bar posted:

For real

I like Homestuck a whole lot but some of y'all's devotion to this borders on the slavish

AriadneThread posted:

just lock the drat thread already

JohnnyCanuck
May 28, 2004

Strong And/Or Free
I told you all to let the thread die

I told you

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

I like this dumb thread. ::::)

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Ariong posted:

I'm back for the first time since this ended, and, frankly, I'm kinda glad I left. I'm back because it looks like there's one more page now,, but whatever's supposed to be there isn't loading? What's up with that?

Make sure your browser is actually running Flash, and that it's updated.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

That was the problem! Thanks. That was nice I guess. Well bye everyone.

EDIT:

Still not the most satisfying ending of all time, but at least those god drat kids are finally happy for a change.

Ariong fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 12, 2017

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

John existing in a state of Schrodinger's Depression withstanding, and the troubling Dirk and Jake stuff withheld.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I told you
I WARNED YOU ABOUT POSTS BRO!!!

I TOLD YOU DOG!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

It keeps hapening.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This thread has lasted so long, it must live at least until the game is released...

...which I can't even find on Steam anymore so it might be never

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Samuringa posted:

This thread has lasted so long, it must live at least until the game is released...

...which I can't even find on Steam anymore so it might be never
Despite a month passing since the last update promising to be more open about development, we haven't gotten any updates from the Hiveswap Twitter or anywhere else.

Voxx
Jul 28, 2009

I'll give 'em a hold
and a break to breathe
And if they can't play nice
I won't play with 'em at all

JohnnyCanuck posted:

I told you

Homestuck is important

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I'm assuming part of the lack of marketing for the game is because they just straight up can't afford it and don't have anyone covering community management/social media since they're barely held together enough to maybe finish developing the game. Same reason for the lack of communication in general. Once upon a time the Homestuck fanbase was its own vibrant, self-perpetuating community and Hussie just needed to make the occasional appearance and partner with some interested collaborators on art and music, but that's faded entirely now and neither Hussie nor anyone he brought on are in a place to do anything about it.

There's a lot of natural reactions to Development Hell and other kinds of troubled projects, and for Hiveswap/Late Homestuck I've always gotten the sense of someone for whom their work went from fun and engaging to more like a shameful obligation they already know they've screwed up but can't bring themselves to drop or admit it. Communication dries up and delays stretch onward in the self-reinforcing cycle of going into hiding -> miss deadline -> force yourself out to promise progress is ongoing and you'll make the new deadline -> feel unmotivated from this sense of failure -> retreat further.

It's a big enough pain feeling that way about purely voluntary work or projects where the only one you're really letting down is yourself, one where you've taken in a ton of money and put your professional reputation on the line in such a way that it threatens to retroactively taint everything you previously did that people liked - that's got to hurt.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Freak Futanari posted:

It's pretty hosed up to think that The Room will probably be remembered as a bigger success, commercially and critically, than Hiveswap will inevitably be

In fact, i'd go out on a limb and say that Tommy Wiseau could write a better Hiveswap than Tweet Man

Roomstuck

"Oh hi John, how is your sex life?"

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Roomstuck

"Oh hi John, how is your sex life?"

looking at the end of the snapchat credits, not great

In Act Omega news, looks like we're getting a chat that I'm genuinely looking forward to.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Is homestuck finished yet

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Holy poo poo there's still a thread for this, holy poo poo the game is still not out

God save me even my lovely bloodswaps have managed by now to file off their serial numbers and move on

What's the current word on a release? I forgot the game even existed until I saw the thread title.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Black August posted:

Holy poo poo there's still a thread for this, holy poo poo the game is still not out

God save me even my lovely bloodswaps have managed by now to file off their serial numbers and move on

What's the current word on a release? I forgot the game even existed until I saw the thread title.

Well we were supposed to get official updates after the initial delay starting in March.

It's May.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Black August posted:

The last official word on release was January for Dashcon: the Game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
At this rate i'm going to finish the Homestuck Dating Sim before Hiveswap comes out