Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Mnoba posted:

the thing is which the media, left, and everyone still doesn't understand. HE GETS OFF ON THIS ATTENTION, positive or negative he is in the spotlight it's just like the loving campaign and you would think they would learn but it is actually somehow getting worse.

welp, wrap it up, never oppose trump again, better get on board

lol @ a right wing hack trying to tell the left what to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mnoba posted:

the thing is which the media, left, and everyone still doesn't understand. HE GETS OFF ON THIS ATTENTION, positive or negative he is in the spotlight it's just like the loving campaign and you would think they would learn but it is actually somehow getting worse.

Yes, we don't get that and intend on running radio silence for 4 yrs. feed the beast my friend.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

Panzeh posted:

welp, wrap it up, never oppose trump again, better get on board

lol @ a right wing hack trying to tell the left what to do.

there is a difference between opposing a political candidate and pointing out one got an extra scoop of loving ice cream man come on

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Mnoba posted:

there is a difference between opposing a political candidate and pointing out one got an extra scoop of loving ice cream man come on

Do you not see the handshake powerplay extended to dairy?

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Even if all this russia poo poo ends up with nothing and the pisstape is just Trump loving a random prostitute in missionary, it pisses him off in an amazing way whenever somebody mentions it, so it's worth it just for that.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mnoba posted:

you're conflating CNN with the left here wrt stupid chyrons, etc

I mean we all know the left is a circular firing squad but that one's not on us, so to speak

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

World War Mammories posted:

I mean we all know the left is a circular firing squad but that one's not on us, so to speak

Lol I feel sorry for the trump administration standing in a circle right about now.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Is chyrons some digital thing?

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Mnoba posted:

Look at this plebe trying to get rid of our lols.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010

ya i'm just talking about the media, i enjoy a good pisstape meme just like the next guy (pisstapes are real)

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Bholder posted:

Even if all this russia poo poo ends up with nothing and the pisstape is just Trump loving a random prostitute in missionary, it pisses him off in an amazing way whenever somebody mentions it, so it's worth it just for that.

Uhh wven people on here aren't pissed, I don't think Trumo even hears or cares. If he cared, rest assured he will be setting up another extravagant public revenge because that's kind of his thing

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Uhh wven people on here aren't pissed, I don't think Trumo even hears or cares. If he cared, rest assured he will be setting up another extravagant public revenge because that's kind of his thing

Reports from inside the White House say he's been furious, actually. Which is why he fired Comey.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

Trump doesn't care which is why he tweets incessantly about it, lies repeatedly about it, and fired the head of the FBI over it.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

T.S. Smelliot posted:

Go on, what? But uh?
Go on to what? I don't know what to make of it. It's a firm that represents GOP candidates nationwide being raided by the FBI.

Mnoba posted:

Attention-seeking is a pretty common factor between Trump and his supporters.

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Reports from inside the White House say he's been furious, actually. Which is why he fired Comey.

"The White House did not anticipate that the Russian government would allow its state news agency to post photographs of an Oval Office meeting between President Donald Trump, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russia's ambassador to the US, a White House official said.
Photos of Wednesday's meeting, taken by a Russian state news media photographer one day after Trump fired FBI Director James Comey amid questions about possible Trump campaign collusion with Moscow, were ultimately posted by Russia's news agency, TASS.

The White House did not post photos of the meeting until Thursday. The State Department did post photos of Lavrov's meeting with Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, but that was open to the press."

"They tricked us," an angry White House official said.

"That's the problem with the Russians -- they lie," the official added.

The Russians used the photos to troll the White House in its social media posts Wednesday. The Russian Foreign Ministry posted a photo of a smiling US President shaking hands with Lavrov on Twitter, adding strange and ironic optics to the questions already swirling around the White House over Comey's firing.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/oval-office-photos-donald-trump-russians/

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mnoba posted:

trump's diabolical plan was to win the presidency to increase occupancy at his hotels, got it. back to the two scoops of ice cream controversy, get the subpoena ready!

It's not diabolical it's just funny how hard you people are on the nuts of a rich man clearly out to benefit himself and his family before anything else.

What specifically has Trump done to benefit you thus far?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Mnoba posted:

ya i'm just talking about the media, i enjoy a good pisstape meme just like the next guy (pisstapes are real)

namaste. the piss irrigates our souls

e:

Burt Sexual posted:

Is chyrons some digital thing?

it's just the word for the BREAKING: HEADLINE graphic at the bottom of the screen that news channels do

World War Mammories fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 12, 2017

COMRADES
Apr 3, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mnoba posted:

It would be cool if he could stop getting off on attention and like, be the president lol.

Like what are you saying here, that people should just stop paying attention to the President of the United States because he goes by schoolyard bully rules?

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

COMRADES posted:

It's not diabolical it's just funny how hard you people are on the nuts of a rich man clearly out to benefit himself and his family before anything else.

What specifically has Trump done to benefit you thus far?

Made it more socially acceptable to be a hosed up racist

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lime Tonics posted:

"The White House did not anticipate that the Russian government would allow its state news agency to post photographs of an Oval Office meeting between President Donald Trump, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russia's ambassador to the US, a White House official said.

"They tricked us," an angry White House official said.

"That's the problem with the Russians -- they lie," the official added.

The Russians used the photos to troll the White House in its social media posts Wednesday. The Russian Foreign Ministry posted a photo of a smiling US President shaking hands with Lavrov on Twitter, adding strange and ironic optics to the questions already swirling around the White House over Comey's firing.

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/05/11/politics/oval-office-photos-donald-trump-russians/

lmfao 1 dimension checkers is too complicated

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
"Unnamed white house official" is mad at the Russians for printing photographs they knew they were taking, published by "2 Scoops CNN"

How do you rubes keep falling for this crap

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
The real scammers, again, is the mainstream media that keeps manufacturing scandal for a 24 hour news cycle world. Gotta keep those click thrus coming, Trump is a loving gold mine for ratings

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

I'm sure the White House didn't care that photos surfaced of Trump meeting a guy they purposely left out of the press release (and banned American media from seeing) because he's probably a spy and was responsible for the the National Security Adviser losing his job.

GREAT SATAN
Aug 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy

Lemming posted:

Made it more socially acceptable to be a hosed up racist

Where has acceptance of "hosed up racists" increased specifically?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Remember when Trump called a press conference about the birther issue just to say "eh, I'm over it." Do you remember when he tricked the press into coming into a room with him and Bill Clinton's rape victims were sitting there. The guy is loving hilarious.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Digital.

They have Digital.

What is Digital?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

NotWearingPants posted:

Digital.

They have Digital.

What is Digital?

Can you explain off the top of your head how a modern aircraft carrier catapult system works

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The real scammers, again, is the mainstream media that keeps manufacturing scandal for a 24 hour news cycle world. Gotta keep those click thrus coming, Trump is a loving gold mine for ratings
This. Everything is a big pile of nothing.

Although I figure Trump just lets it happen. He could put an end to it but it's probably a "If all that goes on is a bunch of bitching that isn't conclusive then they are laying off reporting and discussing things that actually matter." I think both sides are complicit in that strategy.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Can you explain off the top of your head how a modern aircraft carrier catapult system works

A line on a track on a carrier catches a hook on the back of the plane, pulls it back and let's it go as in a slingshot, hence it's name

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Runaktla posted:

This. Everything is a big pile of nothing.

Although I figure Trump just lets it happen. He could put an end to it but it's probably a "If all that goes on is a bunch of bitching that isn't conclusive then they are laying off reporting and discussing things that actually matter." I think both sides are complicit in that strategy.

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump comes out in a big Russian earflap hat and is like "what? It's a great hat. I love this hat. Whats wrong with this hat?"

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Das vadanya

Runaktla
Feb 21, 2007

by Hand Knit

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if Trump comes out in a big Russian earflap hat and is like "what? It's a great hat. I love this hat. Whats wrong with this hat?"
The media monkeys would be pounding keyboards calculating that something like that equals 178 hours of dumb tangents that they can report on.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I would hope the Commander in Chief of the Military would know more than a forums poster. Especially when advocating for billions of dollars of modern technology to be scrapped for something that has become obsolete.

Toilet Shoes
Aug 22, 2016

by Lowtax

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Magnetic Linear Accelerator.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Niwrad posted:

I would hope the Commander in Chief of the Military would know more than a forums poster. Especially when advocating for billions of dollars of modern technology to be scrapped for something that has become obsolete.

He was correct, though?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mnoba posted:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/332991-fbi-raids-office-of-gop-consulting-firm-in-maryland

"Last November, the PAC donated $5,000 to President Trump's campaign, but FEC records show the check was returned without being cashed."

lmao

You cannot stump the Trump. Get that Bernie avatar guy back in here.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Niwrad posted:

Lmfao the president is goddamn Donald "simple Don" Trump

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

He was correct, though?

No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc