Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Medivh is the Arcane mage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

SKULL.GIF posted:

Medivh is the garbage mage.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

Macaluso posted:

I said it before: Khadgar announcer pack where he just tells dad jokes all game

Where is the Khadgar hero?

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Spudd posted:

We've got four elements of Mage now right? Karl'thas fire, Jaina frost, Li-Ming arcane and Gul'Dan fel. I'd really like Khadgar to be a hero with dad jokes for every other hero but I don't know what mage he would be.

Fel is warlock, thank you. Not mage.

Khadgar could be a more traditional take on a Warcraft arcane mage. PBAoE, stacking blasts, etc. He could be other things too. In WoW he uses his staff like a baseball bat to launch arcane spheres, that could be cool.

He could just whip Apexis Crystals at people.

Mind over Matter fucked around with this message at 04:24 on May 12, 2017

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

Mage as in a shitload of damage with spells with gently caress all health

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Realtalk though I think Medivh's kit is dumb and he's dumb. I hate the portal thing

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

Mind over Matter posted:

Khadgar could be a more traditional take on a Warcraft arcane mage. PBAoE, stacking blasts, etc. He could be other things too. In WoW he uses his staff like a baseball bat to launch arcane spheres, that could be cool.

In the WoD opening scenario Khadgar uses all three types of mage magic in fairly spectacular fashion. I figured when he arrives in HotS he'll have one fire, one frost, and one arcane basic ability and then whatever for his ults.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I have no idea what Medivh does or what spells he has other than when he's on the enemy team he gives his team a million bazillion damage and when he's on my team he spends all his time as a flappy bird, doing nothing.

AccountingNightmare
Oct 2, 2006

NOT ENOUGH RED ORBS ARGH
In WoW, Khadgar has a summoned arcane elemental he sends off on errands, often quite far away. So he could be a middle ground between Rexxar and Vikings, having two controllable bodies to split soak, but best able to contribute to teamfights when both are together.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Hanamura is just such an unbelievably lovely unfun map, holy god.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Ciaphas posted:

Try the brawl. It's like shooting sadness right into your veins with a dirty needle.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

exquisite tea posted:

I have no idea what Medivh does or what spells he has other than when he's on the enemy team he gives his team a million bazillion damage and when he's on my team he spends all his time as a flappy bird, doing nothing.

Medivh is a super hard hero to play (so I don't play him.) If you can remember to set up portals right before every fight, be really quick on Force of Will, and land all your skillshots, Medivh is a loving god. Otherwise, he sucks.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Ciaphas posted:

I'm glad it usually ends before you hit level 20

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Soooo, just had a game of Braxis where the enemy team (5-stack) tried to all in push top from the start of the match.

Unfortunately for them we had a Xul and a Jaina and did it faster in bot lane while I harried them at top. That was loving weird.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Last night ran into a fivestack that featured stitches hook into gorge into extended medivh portal into the rest of the enemy team. Our malf didn't take cleanse, so every successful hook was a death sentence.

It was awesome to see but a stomp still hurts haha.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Nothing is better than an Anub'arak who likes to burrow charge you when:

1) you are Gazlowe, and have X-tra Large Explodium
and
2) you are punching their healer, who is stunned, and robo-goblin is on

It's like you can feel them throwing the game through the internet.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I need another ranged assassin for my staple. How does Zul'jin rate right now?

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

You would think he plays like Valla but the lack of any mobility really makes him incredibly vulnerable to being out of position. People often underestimate how hard he hits and I end up chasing them as they run away because they're like 1-2 hits from dying, but then whoops I'm dead instead.

He kind of feels like a ranged Samuro in that he's bad for solo QM because you really need other heroes to CC for you so you can get any time on target. But if you can stand there and hit something it's going to die.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Kalko posted:

You would think he plays like Valla but the lack of any mobility really makes him incredibly vulnerable to being out of position. People often underestimate how hard he hits and I end up chasing them as they run away because they're like 1-2 hits from dying, but then whoops I'm dead instead.

He kind of feels like a ranged Samuro in that he's bad for solo QM because you really need other heroes to CC for you so you can get any time on target. But if you can stand there and hit something it's going to die.

According to HOTSLogs he's top 10 in both QM and Ranked. I find him pretty strong because he doesn't really need a healer to hang out in lane and if you can land his Q he chunks people down pretty fast. His ult makes it basically impossible for anyone to 1v1 you. Use his trait judiciously. He's bad if the enemy team is like Li Ming, Hammer, Jaina I guess. He slaughters tanks.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Zul'jin is one of the best tower/fort destroyers in the game.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Zul'jin kills me a lot because I feel like he's standing there and letting me kill him, only I'm just making him scarier. And then he heals it all off for free.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I think Chromie just clicked for me. Had one match where I was nearly useless, but in two others I was deleting/harassing guys left and right. Going Q with the piercing talent creates massively fun chaos in teamfights.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Late to the party but my bnet id is BarbarianSte#1467

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I don't think I like braxis. It feels like dragon shire and old skull mines

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I was watching Dyrus's scrims with Team 8 last night and it was kind of funny listening to them quickly explain how maps work to him because hes only ever seen 6 maps thanks to the current map rotation.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Braxis is annoying because if one team gets the early lion's share of the meter on that first zerg rush it really does a loving number on you because there's just an obscene number of zerg and you'll be hard pressed to be higher than 5 or so, so those Ultralisks will just demolish poo poo. Plus the enemy team is all up in your grill since their wave is bullshit, so you can royally get hosed really, really badly if you're even slightly off on the first objective.

Every match I have on that map is essentially decided by the first objective push, for the most part.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

I don't think I like braxis. It feels like dragon shire and old skull mines

My problem with Braxis is that it's tiny so it forces teamfights pretty much from the start. I hate anything that encourages level 1 teamfights because they are generally pointless.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Who made these baffling decisions like map rotations and the stupid "color + number" level system?

The level thing is worse. Who woke up one morning and thought to themselves "I know, let's make it so everyone needs to learn a nonsensical color order to know what level players are." They already have a legacy order of white, green, blue, purple, orange. I can't even tell green from teal, and never bothered to learn the order anyway. AND, they could just put the actual loving player level instead.

:psyduck:

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
Does the level thing really matter though?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

If higher level = Great we're gonna get rolled, GG on this matchmaking Blizzard.
If lower level = Obviously smurfing, we're gonna get trounced thanks to broken MM.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Fuzz posted:

Braxis is annoying because if one team gets the early lion's share of the meter on that first zerg rush it really does a loving number on you because there's just an obscene number of zerg and you'll be hard pressed to be higher than 5 or so, so those Ultralisks will just demolish poo poo. Plus the enemy team is all up in your grill since their wave is bullshit, so you can royally get hosed really, really badly if you're even slightly off on the first objective.

Every match I have on that map is essentially decided by the first objective push, for the most part.

Braxis is also snowbally as hell. I hate the way the objectives work too. gently caress that piece of poo poo map and it sucks it's apparently gonna be in the next rotation too.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

Does the level thing really matter though?

When I say "worse," I mean it makes less sense. It's a solution with no problem.

exquisite tea posted:

If higher level = Great we're gonna get rolled, GG on this matchmaking Blizzard.
If lower level = Obviously smurfing, we're gonna get trounced thanks to broken MM.

Are you saying they were trying to deliberately obfuscate player level to hide lovely MM? I could buy that.

hawowanlawow fucked around with this message at 14:48 on May 12, 2017

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Having just hit level 5 and got the 1000 gems, what would be the best thing to spend them on? I got the assassin mega bundle from the promo event so I was thinking of branching out into something like support, like Auriel for the healing. Also got Uther from the first chest I ever opened.

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

When I say "worse," I mean it makes less sense. It's a solution with no problem.

Are you saying they were trying to deliberately obfuscate player level to hide lovely MM? I could buy that.

The problem is that the only purpose that displaying levels serves is fueling toxicity.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bruceski posted:

I think Chromie just clicked for me. Had one match where I was nearly useless, but in two others I was deleting/harassing guys left and right. Going Q with the piercing talent creates massively fun chaos in teamfights.

Chromie is real fun when you can take her against a team that can't reliably get to you. I do need to try the alternate 1/4 talents still, haven't had an opportunity to play her.

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I heard that gem hero prices, unlike gold, drop when heroes go on a cash sale, so if that's true I would wait for that and buy the next hero you like that goes on sale.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

I think there's only two maps I like more than tolerate

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Nephzinho posted:

Chromie is real fun when you can take her against a team that can't reliably get to you. I do need to try the alternate 1/4 talents still, haven't had an opportunity to play her.
I like the Dragon's Breath talents personally. She hits like a loving train when you land them

beejay
Apr 7, 2002

As someone who has played this game since day 1 and still sucks at it, it does not take any skill to have a high player level.

Also is the upcoming map rotation posted somewhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Elysium posted:

I heard that gem hero prices, unlike gold, drop when heroes go on a cash sale, so if that's true I would wait for that and buy the next hero you like that goes on sale.

Yeah that's solid advice. Especially after my 7k Mechwarrior Credit Timberwolf Prime purchase a few months ago. Luckily I was able to get a refund, then I just marathoned the game for twelve hours straight until I had the cbills for the mech instead.

I'll save the gems for a sale.