Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nbakyfan
Dec 19, 2005

Bottom Liner posted:

Anyone going to be at MK tomorrow? We're going to see Wishes one last time but don't want to deal with the crazy Thursday crowd. Might watch that one from The Poly.

Be sure to park at the TTC and take the monorail over. They have not been allowing people who are not booked at the poly to park there lately. Usually I am able to say I'm going to Trader Sams and I can park at the resort no problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Yeah we usually just walk over from the TTC to the Poly unless we have reservations. If we park in the left side of the MK parking lot we also take the monorail back to the Poly and walk to the car from there, it's faster than the TTC monorail and about a half mile closer depending where you park.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Mykkel posted:

Okay, so i've got my extended family coming in to Orlando next month. I can see everyone in mydisney account now, and everyone but the 2 year old has a valid ticket linked to their account. Say I want to do a fastpass for Dumbo, will I need to include the 2 year old? and if so, how do I do that since the fastpass won't let me continue when they are in the fastpass party.

You don't have to include the 2 year old.

Cais
Jul 10, 2006
unicycler

Bottom Liner posted:

Anyone going to be at MK tomorrow? We're going to see Wishes one last time but don't want to deal with the crazy Thursday crowd. Might watch that one from The Poly.

I'm heading over there. I could technically go Thursday night, but I've got to drive to Daytona then Indiana the next day so I'd kind of rather not take 2 hours to leave MK. I'm heading there right after work.

Since the 2 year old doesn't need a park ticket, they don't need a fastpass either.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Please help, the automatic voice recording on the bus back to the hotel is stuck looping every time it gets to "We ask that you refrain from..." :gonk:

Also IllumiNations is still so good

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

nbakyfan posted:

I was able to ride flight of passage yesterday. This is easily the most impressive ride system in Orlando, and possibly my favorite ride at WDW. The Navi River Journey was neat, but if there is more than a 45 minute wait I would say it's not worth it. Be sure to try the quick service restaurant. I had the chicken bowl over rice with bean sauce and it was delicious. Fun Fact- Pandora is the only land at Disney where you won't find Mickey Mouse. Even the bags and cast member name tags do not say Disney on them.

Can you talk about the ride system more? Why is it unique?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

nbakyfan posted:

I was able to ride flight of passage yesterday. This is easily the most impressive ride system in Orlando, and possibly my favorite ride at WDW. The Navi River Journey was neat, but if there is more than a 45 minute wait I would say it's not worth it. Be sure to try the quick service restaurant. I had the chicken bowl over rice with bean sauce and it was delicious. Fun Fact- Pandora is the only land at Disney where you won't find Mickey Mouse. Even the bags and cast member name tags do not say Disney on them.

My wife gets sick on the Harry Potter rides, but not on Transformers or Spider-Man. Would you say Flight of Passage is more like the former, or the latter?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

It's closer to Star Tours/Simpsons than any of those.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Braksgirl posted:

You don't have to include the 2 year old.

Thanks!

Biggz
Dec 27, 2005

Not sure I've seen it mentioned yet but you can now buy Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party tickets.

Just snagged two :dance: for $94 each :gonk:

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yep Halloween party in August also.

Glad I'm not at work today

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy
Seeing Wishes tonight again.. And got the commemorative shirt that cost too much but w/e.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

We're parked dead center of Main Street between Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor. Perfect view, camera ready, wife already sad :v:

KidVanguard
Jan 27, 2006

American Diaper

Bottom Liner posted:

It's closer to Star Tours/Simpsons than any of those.

So all the vehicles are looking at the same screen? Can't you see the other people that way?

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

There are too many stupid people in the world. I'm not saying we should kill them all or anything. Just take the warning labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself.

Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

We're parked dead center of Main Street between Casey's and the Ice Cream Parlor. Perfect view, camera ready, wife already sad :v:

We're going back for the final show tonight and going to get there early enough to park in a good spot and live stream it.. anyone know if they are going to do around the park for the final send off? We were hoping they would for this event.

EDIT: going to try using Periscope for this.. wish me luck. Fireworks start at 9P EST will get up and running at 8:55 or so.

https://www.pscp.tv/stankeweaselteats/follow

demonR6 fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 11, 2017

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Some photos from last night!

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
NICE!

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

God drat those are so nice :D

Tatsuta Age
Apr 21, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Really cool pics.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Man, it's crazy how busy it is for Wishes, people have already been waiting since I got here at 5, but that's to be expected I guess. Managed to snag a great spot on the Tomorrowland bridge though! Hopefully I can get a decent 360° video to post, but I've never tried recording with this thing before.

edit: Well worth the wait, although pretty sad to see the show go. Got a video, bumped the tripod at one point. No idea how it looks until I can get the video onto my PC back home

Icedude fucked around with this message at 02:37 on May 12, 2017

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah it's absolutely nuts.. still going to stream.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Bottom Liner, you take amazing photographs.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
My dudes, Pandora is amazing. The land is beautiful, and both attractions are great. River Journey is a delightful lesser ride that has no height restriction and really has some creative lighting effects and the killer animatronic. Meanwhile on the other side of the land, Flight of Passage is a MUST. DO. attraction of the likes Disney hasn't seen since perhaps Everest back in 05. It's got it's basis in Soarin' like technology, but really takes it to a whole different level. Rides rarely elicit an emotion other than "Cool" out of me, but I could not stop smiling for the entire drat thing. Get your fastpasses because this thing is going to be huge.

The food was also great, with a nice heathy selection of fresh veggies, grains and meats, and yes, I got that Blueberry cake. It was good stuff.

It was really cool to walk around the area with very little guests, because it will never be that empty again. The cast members were so happy to show off their new land, and it was just a treat to be there before it gets bombarded with Joe Tourist and family.

Also I bought a Banshee. I named him T'xep which is Navi for Fire. I AM THE NERDIEST THING ALIVE.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

The best praise I've heard from a friend was "I don't give a poo poo about Avatar but that is pure Disney through and through". Pretty much says it all.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Makes you wonder why they want us to downplay it

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Makes you wonder why they want us to downplay it

I know that the suits are scared of what will happen to Studios this summer (and probably Epcot too) if this becomes the hit it is now tracking to be. Studios suddenly becomes the park people can skip so that everyone can try the new thing. It's gonna be a ghost town.

MK got new fireworks going for it, and it's MK, so its fine. Epcot will probably be alright considering it's got the Frozen fanbase locked up tight and World Showcase.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah makes sense. They still make ALOT of effort in making sure people don't think of Animal Kingdom as a half day park still lol.

How were the harnesses on the rides BBS?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I know that the suits are scared of what will happen to Studios this summer (and probably Epcot too) if this becomes the hit it is now tracking to be. Studios suddenly becomes the park people can skip so that everyone can try the new thing. It's gonna be a ghost town.

Wait, you mean the park where half of the acreage is closed down so they can build Star Wars land might be deserted relative to the parks with (1) Frozen Ever After/World Showcase, (2) Pandora, and (3) Cinderella's goddamn castle? I am shocked, shocked I tell you! :monocle:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yeah makes sense. They still make ALOT of effort in making sure people don't think of Animal Kingdom as a half day park still lol.

How were the harnesses on the rides BBS?

River Journey is like Small World/Pirates/Frozen. No restraints. The boats are smaller than those other rides though. Pirates can fit four adults in one row depending on their size. This is about three.

Flight of Passage has a very unique ride restraint. It is essentially a non-coaster version of the tron coaster at Shanghai. You straddle it like a bike and lean forward and restraints for the legs and back are put into place. This will be the first major ride in Disney history with a likely chance of certain body types not being able to ride. I am a big guy, and i was able to ride, but not without assistance. The biggest issue isn't so much girth (although it's tight, for sure) it is actually height. A friend of mine who is very tall was unable to ride, where I was, after the cast member pushed a bit. It's a stellar ride, but the restraint system may rule it out for some guests, which I am sure they are working on right now.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Cool thanks man, weird to have a height restricted ride lol

Edna Mode
Sep 24, 2005

Bullshit, that's last year's Fall collection!

quote:

MK got new fireworks going for it, and it's MK, so its fine. Epcot will probably be alright considering it's got the Frozen fanbase locked up tight and World Showcase.

I think about this a lot when people say things like "Every WS Pavilion needs it's own ride" or "there's nothing to do at HS" and so forth. People already spend 7-10 days at Disney World and it always feels like there's something you didn't get to do! If every park had the same amount of attractions as Magic Kingdom there's no way you could do everything you wanted. It's not like people's vacations will magically get longer, Disney knows how long people travel for on average.

quote:

Flight of Passage seats

Doesn't one of the theaters have accessible seating? I know they're not running all of them at the moment.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Those extremely good Jungle Cruise pins are on sale starting now at the POTC gift shop.

http://www.chipandco.com/limited-edition-jungle-cruise-45th-anniversary-pins-now-available-magic-kingdom-268539/

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I want so bad

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Edna Mode posted:

I think about this a lot when people say things like "Every WS Pavilion needs it's own ride" or "there's nothing to do at HS" and so forth. People already spend 7-10 days at Disney World and it always feels like there's something you didn't get to do! If every park had the same amount of attractions as Magic Kingdom there's no way you could do everything you wanted. It's not like people's vacations will magically get longer, Disney knows how long people travel for on average.

Even now I encounter new things at Disney. My Keys to the Kingdom tour was the first time I saw the Main Street Philharmonic performing, and I was introduced to Hidden Mickeys (and other characters!) I had never heard about. I also saw the Dapper Dans perform for the first time in years, which normally gets missed because Main Street has no attractions.

nimper
Jun 19, 2003

livin' in a hopium den

chitoryu12 posted:

I also saw the Dapper Dans perform for the first time in years, which normally gets missed because Main Street has no attractions.
I saw the Dapper Dans show for the first time this year. I had been 5 times before and never seen them or really sought them out.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Got my selfie with Star Lord. Day made.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Whoa

https://twitter.com/TheDIS/status/863128789169172482

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

That's a great mix of new and classic stories and a cool poster. So excited to see this show. Pretty surprised to see Big Hero Six get a feature in it.

demonR6
Sep 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Bottom Liner are you here for whatever the hell name this new fireworks show is called?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Nope wife works at 3 am tomorrow :(