Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I have no idea how this op is supposed to work.

1. So you have a warrant. Are the police involved? You have to serve it first. It's not a license to just bust in and wreck the place up.

2. Aizawa is letting the kids go because he knows some of them will probably just act on their own anyway, but keys dude is right about it not being a great idea. They're high-school students; provisional license or not- a potentially violent entanglement with local mafioso isn't the same as dealing with spontaneous street crime.

3. Nighteye knows the kid is there because he read the mook's future. Is the warrant to give them permission to seize her? On what grounds? What if Overhaul just moves her again after the mook leaves? If the mook's a non-combatant and flees/hides during the raid you have no idea what goes on in the meanwhile.

4. What're you scouting for again? You already knew where his hideout was. You were scoping it out from the start.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
It's a raid to rescue a child who is being abused. They don't have to be nice. No-knock warrants are a thing in real life. And Nighteye knows the kid will be there at the exact moment of the raid because he read the mook's entire future.

That said, the raid has already been compromised somehow. poo poo probably ain't gonna go well.

Virtue
Jan 7, 2009

This arc has my death flag senses tingling.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Virtue posted:

nah i feel like this manga isn't going to have a significant in arc death until a bit later

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Elfgames posted:

nah i feel like this manga isn't going to have a significant in arc death until a bit later

Nighteye's precognition is a serious drama-killer, so I figure he's either going to bite it or get blinded.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Virtue posted:

I worry for Mirio's future with how much Nighteye is relying on him. :ohdear:

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vengarr posted:

It's a raid to rescue a child who is being abused. They don't have to be nice. No-knock warrants are a thing in real life. And Nighteye knows the kid will be there at the exact moment of the raid because he read the mook's entire future.

That said, the raid has already been compromised somehow. poo poo probably ain't gonna go well.

Unless the VA went and fed the Eight Precepts info from THE TRAITOR nothing's been compromised yet. Of course then that means that the identity of THE TRAITOR has been narrowed down to 7 High Schoolers and 1 Teacher

Elfgames posted:

The no name heroes suddenly showing up for this hero confab are totally marked for death at the moment. Of course Dragon Lady and DJ Doctor Nice as well as Nighteye's sidekicks are also possible deaths.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Vengarr posted:

The last raid was conducted in concert with the police who haven't been mentioned thusfar as being involved outside the warrant.

They have no evidence Eri is being abused other than literally GUESSING how his whole scheme is working. The circumstantial evidence is weak. If Overhaul was (and he won't be likely because we can't have combat that way) a proper mafioso/yakuza he'd cross his t's and dot his i's to survive a police raid or inspection. The police and heroes only gotta be wrong once for him to be able to sue them into oblivion for kicking his door down and finding nothing; he just has to resist the urge to fight back (he won't, probably because the league will be present).

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

No one's going to die. Maybe Overhaul.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

SyntheticPolygon posted:

No one's going to die. Maybe Overhaul.
I can almost guarantee that if he isn't beaten and caught by the police, that this has a decent chance of ending with Overhaul fleeing the scene alone with the VA after his henchmen are beaten- and Shiggy, realizing that Overhaul's usefulness has come to an end thanks him personally for the "lesson" and disintegrates him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Fabricated posted:

I can almost guarantee that if he isn't beaten and caught by the police, that this has a decent chance of ending with Overhaul fleeing the scene alone with the VA after his henchmen are beaten- and Shiggy, realizing that Overhaul's usefulness has come to an end thanks him personally for the "lesson" and disintegrates him.

That's kinda what i'm thinking too.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Gyges posted:

Unless the VA went and fed the Eight Precepts info from THE TRAITOR nothing's been compromised yet. Of course then that means that the identity of THE TRAITOR has been narrowed down to 7 High Schoolers and 1 Teacher

The last page had Overhaul turning and muttering "So you've come..." all dramatic-like. Unless that was a red herring, he knows they're attacking.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Vengarr posted:

The last page had Overhaul turning and muttering "So you've come..." all dramatic-like. Unless that was a red herring, he knows they're attacking.

I assumed it was him meeting with Shigaraki.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Vengarr posted:

Yeah, there's no way that isn't an intentional fake out. He's actually talking to someone who showed up serendipitous as the heroes are about to raid his joint. Almost certainly Shigaraki or another member of the VA. There's no way the kids are posing outside his window and he's rhetorically talking to them.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ryukyu has a kick rear end design she better not end up dead

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Rhonne posted:

I worry for Mirio's future with how much Nighteye is relying on him. :ohdear:

Oh, poo poo. Yeah. That'd be perfect fit the story.

:ohdear:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Embrace the darkness.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Gyges posted:

The no name heroes suddenly showing up for this hero confab are totally marked for death at the moment. Of course Dragon Lady and DJ Doctor Nice as well as Nighteye's sidekicks are also possible deaths.

no name heroes have to be showing up or else we get into "why doesn't batman call the justice league for help" bullshit. I think the only time we're really going to get a death is when shigaraki makes his real debut as a villain with an alias and everything, nighteye will probably be the victim of a completed quirk killer dart because his power does cause some problems.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Shigaraki is already an alias

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/ExTheMan/status/862545352611819520

GOD NO WHY

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I'd consider Ida if he had his helmet on

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Vengarr posted:

Nighteye's precognition is a serious drama-killer, so I figure he's either going to bite it or get blinded.

this is what the quirk disabling bullets are for

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

The All Might one is alright at least.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Gruckles posted:

The All Might one is alright at least.

I'm honestly surprised they gave him a mouth

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Echoing the sentiment that the All Might one is pretty alright.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

i still don't understand how there's a market for these things

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL

anime was right posted:

People gotta put poo poo on their desk, I guess.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

anime was right posted:

Nerds see themselves in those blank, soulless eyes and feel comfort in their lack of personality or identity.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

anime was right posted:

I literally know nobody who buys them or has even vague interest in buying them and yet they're everywhere and they keep making more. :iiam:

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice
Deku totally has an All Might funco-pop on his desk at home.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

anime was right posted:

they have a uniform look so you can have ones from dozens of different Brands and they look """decent"""" on the shelf together

they're cheap and people love showing their Brand Love

i'm sure theres even a small number of people who actually like them for their own sake though ive yet to meet such an individual

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

anime was right posted:

For lots of franchises they're the cheapest and most accesible pieces of merchandising.

And yes, the All Might is totally believable as an in-universe product.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nuebot posted:

Nerds see themselves in those blank, soulless eyes and feel comfort in their lack of personality or identity.

Nerds wanna buy poo poo but they've never heard of Nendos

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

anime was right posted:

it's for when you have no personality so you put poo poo on your desk to give you something to talk about with people and cos they all look the same you can say to the weeb girl you think is cute in the cubicle over that you got a deku pop so that she'll smile at you while screaming GET AWAY FREAK in her head and after she gives you the cold shoulder you can go over to the next cubicle over from that one and show them your deku pop and say it's jojen reed from game of thrones so that sally from accounting might smile at you while thinking about how hard it is to get a restraining order filed on a colleague not speaking from experience or anything though hahaha

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

HellCopter posted:

Deku totally has an All Might funco-pop on his desk at home.

also the reason why MHA will only work with a Deku dies ending

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Jesus Christ do people in this thread hate knick-knacks.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

PMush Perfect posted:

Jesus Christ do people in this thread hate knick-knacks.

We love our knick-knacks so much we take pride in what manner of knick-knacks we approve of. Hence we adore nendoroids.

That said, this is all a bit silly.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

All I'm saying is that a Nendo is about four to five times the cost of a regular Pop and they're fourty to fifty times the quality, so imagine what kind of great Nendo (or Figma, 'cos same company) we'd have if all the pops ever sold, all that money went to Goodsmile instead.

You'd have a Bakumom Figma.
Do you want a Bakumom figma?
Of course you do.

Destroy Funko so we can get Figma and Nendo of all Boku no Momademias

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Personally, I can't stand Nendoroids. Something about how they look is super saccharine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
I have lived my life without ever buying any anime merch