Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Poetic Justice posted:

I'll have to read through that later, it's really late here.

Awesome, I'd love to hear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

So you can't really blame the Russians for informing the American public about Hillary then? :twisted:

I don't think anyone is claiming more transparency is bad.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Lol you think the FSB/SVR/GRU is less evil than the CIA.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Awesome, I'd love to hear it.

Actually I read it and I don't find anything he said particularly awful.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

Lol you think the FSB/SVR/GRU is less evil than the CIA.

Absolutely.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Well of course, does this man look evil to you???

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

Well of course, does this man look evil to you???

Putin did nothing wrong.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Have a little game; how many of these descriptions could fit to Donald Trump recent behavior?

1. Subtle short-term memory changes
2. Difficulty finding the right words
3. Changes in mood
4. Apathy
5. Difficulty completing normal tasks
6. Confusion
7. Difficulty following storylines
8. A failing sense of direction
9. Being repetitive
10. Struggling to adapt to change

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Can you describe what kind of person Donald Trump is based on this interview? Just some characteristics of the man that come across in the interview. It's fairly indicative of him as a person (and president so far), and I'm curious.
He comes across as having high-functioning aspergers syndrome / autism coupled with age. He lacks a "theory of mind" or the idea that other people have different perspectives than his own, which is why he has no filter and seems perplexed that people oppose him. A typical president would come up with a (true: often self-serving) analytical reason for their opposition, but Trump doesn't seem capable of that. Trump is like "It's crazy they don't like Trump. Other people like Trump. I think I'm doing a great job, too! It's weird they don't like the great, amazing job I'm doing!"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Yug posted:

Putin did nothing wrong.

No he's a really nice guy actually and really a lot better than Hillary :thumbsup:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

No he's a really nice guy actually and really a lot better than Hillary :thumbsup:

This but unironically.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Have a little game; how many of these descriptions could fit to Donald Trump recent behavior?

3. Changes in mood
4. Apathy
6. Confusion
9. Being repetitive

I dunno, watch this and see how many can apply to Obama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXH5agV7skw

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

He comes across as having high-functioning aspergers syndrome / autism coupled with age. He lacks a "theory of mind" or the idea that other people have different perspectives than his own, which is why he has no filter and seems perplexed that people oppose him. A typical president would come up with a (true: often self-serving) analytical reason for their opposition, but Trump doesn't seem capable of that. Trump is like "It's crazy they don't like Trump. Other people like Trump. I think I'm doing a great job, too! It's weird they don't like the great, amazing job I'm doing!"

That's more like narcissistic sociopath (like many people of power) than aspergers

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

3. Changes in mood
4. Apathy
6. Confusion
9. Being repetitive

People mistake this for deterioration due to age but imo he has always been prone to speaking in gibberish, emotionally weird and impulsive.

Flesh Forge fucked around with this message at 09:16 on May 12, 2017

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

OK but what about Trump? How many?

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Flesh Forge posted:

People mistake this for deterioration due to age but imo he has always been prone to speaking in gibberish, emotionally weird and impulsive.

These are symptoms of dementia, not only senile dementia.

Maybe he was demented all along?

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Yug posted:

This but unironically.

Yeah I'm sure the medical workers in the hospitals the Russian Air Force systematically targeted in Syria would agree you about the awesomeness of Putin

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Poetic Justice posted:

Actually I read it and I don't find anything he said particularly awful.

I wasn't trying to gotcha you, just want to hear what type of person the President is based on this interview. Some key characteristics of the man.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

OK but what about Trump? How many?

I would say 2, 7, and 9. Maybe 6 sometimes and 10, but he seemed to adapt to missile strikes pretty quick, so probably not 10.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Poetic Justice posted:

I would say 2, 7, and 9. Maybe 6 sometimes and 10, but he seemed to adapt to missile strikes pretty quick, so probably not 10.

I agree.

Would also add 1 because he regularly forgets the name of the people he's talking about.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I wasn't trying to gotcha you, just want to hear what type of person the President is based on this interview. Some key characteristics of the man.

In that particular transcript he seems normal to me? I dunno. I mean I get the dude doesn't come off as particularly intelligent, wise, or well-spoken, and I personally don't think he is. But I also don't think he's some bumbling idiot, either.

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I agree.

Would also add 1 because he regularly forgets the name of the people he's talking about.

As a person who is awful with names, I won't fault him for that considering the amount of new people he meets and talks to, likely more than 20-50 a day, at least 32 Russians, and especially right after he was elected.

somethingawful bf fucked around with this message at 09:21 on May 12, 2017

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

These are symptoms of dementia, not only senile dementia.

Maybe he was demented all along?

e: Twenty six years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rksd80-FCAw

Imo he has something more like adult ADD and just has a lot of difficulty concentrating, there are stories going back decades from people who've worked with him that he won't read long documents, no matter how important the topic. People have speculated he has poor literacy but I think it's more that he just has a very hard time focusing on long sentences and paragraphs.

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Poetic Justice posted:

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

2, 4, 6, and 8.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Twenty seven years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5kA2r2SE7g

trails off into gibberish pretty often, complains about being persecuted by dishonest media, brags about his amazing accomplishments - it could have been shot last week

oh and by the way you stupid fuckers saying he was an unknown, lol

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Twenty seven years ago:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5kA2r2SE7g

trails off into gibberish pretty often, complains about being persecuted by dishonest media, brags about his amazing accomplishments - it could have been shot last week

oh and by the way you stupid fuckers saying he was an unknown, lol

A politically unknown.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Poetic Justice posted:

In that particular transcript he seems normal to me? I dunno. I mean I get the dude doesn't come off as particularly intelligent, wise, or well-spoken, and I personally don't think he is. But I also don't think he's some bumbling idiot, either.

I'm still trying to understand the appeal, you see. There's lies in there, blatant misunderstandings, excessive narcissism, and a general confusion that would worry me if he were my taxi driver. Why do you feel despite such obvious characteristics (for convenience sake we'll consider this in a vacuum instead of roping in his actions in as well) he deserves your support, your defense and the presidency of the United States?

I less fault people for voting for the man, then I do coming to the defense of the man. Can we not call a spade, a spade?

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

A politically unknown.

Lol you're loving dumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8wJc7vHcTs

he's had his big fat stupid face in politics for decades, if you didn't know who he was or what he was about politically that's because you're ignorant and want to remain that way

and ps notice even in 87 he speaks gibberish.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I'm still trying to understand the appeal, you see. There's lies in there, blatant misunderstandings, excessive narcissism, and a general confusion that would worry me if he were my taxi driver. Why do you feel despite such obvious characteristics (for convenience sake we'll consider this in a vacuum instead of roping in his actions in as well) he deserves your support, your defense and the presidency of the United States?

I less fault people for voting for the man, then I do coming to the defense of the man. Can we not call a spade, a spade?

I don't defend him so much as I defend against false information skewed with an agenda against him. The making poo poo up, the blowing little things out of proportion, the general hypocrisy is what I personally am against.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

Lol you're loving dumb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8wJc7vHcTs

he's had his big fat stupid face in politics for decades, if you didn't know who he was or what he was about politically that's because you're ignorant and want to remain that way

and ps notice even in 87 he speaks gibberish.

Trump was not a politician. Period. Just because he talked about politics doesn't make him a life long career politician. I don't know why you are being so pedantic. Do you really think the average American knew what Trumps political beliefs were? To a vast majority of people in America, Trump is a "successful business billionaire with that one TV show"

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Poetic Justice posted:

I don't defend him so much as I defend against false information skewed with an agenda against him. The making poo poo up, the blowing little things out of proportion, the general hypocrisy is what I personally am against.

I agree, facts should reign supreme at all times. You feel like right now there have been no facts of wrong doing on Trump's (or his associates') part?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I agree, facts should reign supreme at all times. You feel like right now there have been no facts of wrong doing on Trump's (or his associates') part?

I think the man should be able to have 2 scoops of ice cream in peace.

Harrower
Nov 30, 2002

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

3. Changes in mood
4. Apathy
6. Confusion
9. Being repetitive

Stop doxxing me.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

Trump was not a politician. Period. Just because he talked about politics doesn't make him a life long career politician. I don't know why you are being so pedantic. Do you really think the average American knew what Trumps political beliefs were? To a vast majority of people in America, Trump is a "successful business billionaire with that one TV show"

lol he ran for president in 2000 and was openly talking about it in '87. If you didn't have any idea of his political views as a flamboyant billionaire who was on television at absolutely every opportunity, but you think you had some idea of HIllary Clinton's political views, it's because you're a loving moron.

e: and what the gently caress do you think the whole birth certificate thing was

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Poetic Justice posted:

I think the man should be able to have 2 scoops of ice cream in peace.

I agree, but that doesn't answer the question. You're now guilty of what you yourself condemn: you brush over certain facts because there is a skewed narrative on an unrelated note. What is the point of allowing different sources to inform you, to help you get the truth and facts, if you then ignore the undisputed facts because you dislike the overall narrative?

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Flesh Forge posted:

lol he ran for president in 2000 and was openly talking about it in '87. If you didn't have any idea of his political views as a flamboyant billionaire who was on television at absolutely every opportunity, but you think you had some idea of HIllary Clinton's political views, it's because you're a loving moron.

Naw, you're wrong. Nobody knew poo poo about Trump's political leanings. You must have the memory of a goldfish because all everyone talked about early on in the race was "Is Donald gonna run as Independent? Republican? Is he a secret Democrat planted by the Clintons?"

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Poetic Justice posted:

Naw, you're wrong. Nobody knew poo poo about Trump's political leanings. You must have the memory of a goldfish because all everyone talked about early on in the race was "Is Donald gonna run as Independent? Republican? Is he a secret Democrat planted by the Clintons?"

naw, you're just real loving dumb lol he varied on a handful of very specific issues but the general tone of "foreigners are bad, they should pay us all their money, i'm a big poopy head" have been a constant through the past thirty loving years.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

That's more like narcissistic sociopath (like many people of power) than aspergers
Narcissism yes, but if he was a sociopath I think he'd be more cunning? Sociopaths seem like they have enough self-awareness to know they're lying (and they enjoy doing it), where Trump has no "theory of mind" at all.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I agree, but that doesn't answer the question. You're now guilty of what you yourself condemn: you brush over certain facts because there is a skewed narrative on an unrelated note. What is the point of allowing different sources to inform you, to help you get the truth and facts, if you then ignore the undisputed facts because you dislike the overall narrative?

I'm losing interest! That's why I didn't answer the question, this isn't DnD. I will say that a vast majority of the information regarding Trumps "wrong-doing", are exaggerated, mostly non existent or even completely fabricated. I'm not going to assume he's guilty of anything until I see proof. None of this "Unnamed", "unknown", "anonymous", "unverified", "uncorroborated", "suggests", "implies", "assume" poo poo that fills nearly every single article about him.

I'm done now tyvm :)

Flesh Forge posted:

naw, you're just real loving dumb lol he varied on a handful of very specific issues but the general tone of "foreigners are bad, they should pay us all their money, i'm a big poopy head" have been a constant through the past thirty loving years.
You are trying to change reality. A majority of people in America didn't know Trumps political leanings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

"You're really loving stupid" and "you had no idea of the political leanings of a filthy rich rear end in a top hat who has been aggressively in the media for 40 years" are not incompatible.

• Locked thread