Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Free Summon: deClyned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Free Summon: The Vivster

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Free Summon: BEDILE TWENTY ONE

The day finally arrived.

It's a good thing I didn't get that better paying job or I might have ended up spending my whole paycheck chasing Dragon Lady.

I could only afford a $100 pull for her, and after 4 tickets and a daily all I have to show for myself is 2 Zyrus. No rainbows, barely any good TM fodder either.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

elite shadow bahamut can be atk/mag/def/spirit broken and can also be diseased. at least i think that weird blue star/circle is disease

Fishmonkey
Jun 22, 2004

Professional Boob Puncher
Jesus, Bahamut's trial is no joke. I barely killed it with a moderately whalely team of 3x Orlandeaus and 1x Freyvia. If Freyvia hadn't survived Megaflare with literally 1 hp, it would've been over.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Trial Bahamut 5-man clear down. I had to give up on no green magic midway through because ahahahaha no.

Many characters were raised this day. Had to put two Haedalyn Guard materias on people since he deals so much assorted elemental damage. I think my main saving grace was that Olive was on Titan and Refia was on Carbuncle which let me "stabilize" midway through by putting up bar- shields.

No green magic seems legitimately difficult.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Free Summon: Dark Fina #2

Well... at least I can chain have them Ultimas if I awaken the ability.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

AegisP posted:

Trial Bahamut 5-man clear down. I had to give up on no green magic midway through because ahahahaha no.

Many characters were raised this day. Had to put two Haedalyn Guard materias on people since he deals so much assorted elemental damage. I think my main saving grace was that Olive was on Titan and Refia was on Carbuncle which let me "stabilize" midway through by putting up bar- shields.

No green magic seems legitimately difficult.

I love these people on Reddit:

"Trial wasn't too hard. Just used 2 Freyvia and a Friend Freyvia"

I'm going to wait on the trial for a day to see what his thresholds and such are, a few people were reporting that at <25% they couldn't hurt him. Also knowing the full details of his attacks will save me having to run it again. That also gives me some time to finish this Minerva Bustier.

ELT seems nice and easy now, but I'm worried about how things will be when he gets some more levels in him.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

HGH posted:

Free Summon: deClyned.

High five, free Clyne buddy.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

PaybackJack posted:

ELT seems nice and easy now, but I'm worried about how things will be when he gets some more levels in him.

The global level doesn't change the raid fights at all. The only thing global level does is increase the amount of bonus coins you get and the global hp.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Free Summon: Warrior of Blueballs

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I got a Zyrus.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Free summon:

RAINBOW

Ace

Ok I guess.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Freebie DK Cecil? Sure, I'll have it! Gonna get me a deathbringer woohoo!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Fiss posted:

The global level doesn't change the raid fights at all. The only thing global level does is increase the amount of bonus coins you get and the global hp.

Ahh, I thought Global HP meant his HP in battle went up every time he leveled as well as the requirement for leveling up. Well then it's open season on Bahamut!

Edit: New announcement mass banning of "bot" accounts and a reminder not to Lapis inject or pay people to inject for you.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 12:30 on May 12, 2017

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Got a Syria out of a few tickets and that's all I wanted. I'll free roll only now

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Got Leon from my free pull. His TM seems cool.

I'm going to see a lot of the Crimson Blood TM in this event, huh? Let me see if Reberta is a prize... oh wait the Achievement Status button is not working.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Armitage posted:

Got Leon from my free pull. His TM seems cool.

I'm going to see a lot of the Crimson Blood TM in this event, huh? Let me see if Reberta is a prize... oh wait the Achievement Status button is not working.

Leon's TM is ok. There aren't a lot of good swords that aren't TMs though, and the TMs are all on 5* bases which makes it all the more a pain.

There are no characters rewarded for rain achievements. The high end is all ability enhancement crysts though.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

So my 100% algorithm was slightly off. I somehow got the terrible mage from last banner. RIP.

Also regarding raid rewards: sure, getting a Gungnir TM from the raid will be nice but boy you guys aren't being subtle at all about trying to get people to buy more slots...

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
Took down Bahamut Trial thanks to Toonman's Marie again. I got one of those nice (probably glitched) runs where he refused to megaflare after the first one, but I missed the green magic and esper bits. I didn't think I used any green magic but I might have done an imperil early in the fight without thinking. The esper one made me mad because I specifically stopped attacking him at the end except with my weak guys just cause I really had to get that esper bar up. I guess I'm still bad at that timing thing.

At least I got the 5 man. My party was

Cecil
Sakura
Olive
Yshtola
Marie (Companion)

Sakura is so great.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

arisu posted:

Sakura is so great.

How do you use/equip her?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Some thoughts on trial Bahamat.

Everybody needs 5500 HP or more, no exceptions. Make drat sure you are not negative resistance on any of the five elements he attacks with.

Bring dualcast Refia AND Yshtola. 4 Curajas can (usually) fully recover from a properly defended megaflare. You will also be able to survive his attacks without any green magic buffs...usually.

As long as both healers survive a turn and it's not a megaflare, you can recover. If somebody gets popped, have a DPS use Phoenix Down before you 4 Curaja them back.

I don't think you really need a tank...

Gilgamesh can jump to avoid a megaflare.

Olive with Odin and dragonkiller is BOSS.

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

CyberLord XP posted:

How do you use/equip her?

Mostly just geared her up for HP. Gave her Aura Staff, Vestment of Mind, 2x muscle belts, and a bunch of HP materia. She ended up having somewhere around 4400 HP, which wasn't enough to survive off the first megaflare but once I got her back up she was good for the rest of the fight.

Her main duty was to keep Defensive Barrier up. Couple that with Marie's elemental buffs and Cecil's SPR buffs and the fight was a walk in the park (as long as you get a glitchy run where he doesn't megaflare multiple times I guess).

Garth_Marenghi
Nov 7, 2011

Free roll of the day Aileen does she chain well with Orlandeau?

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I got a Bartz. He seems kind of lovely, any idea why he rates highly on the unit rankings? Is it just due to his potential to be a 6?

Atm my party is Rain Lasswell Cecil Exdeath and Bartz. Lasswell and Bartz are kind of sucking though.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

I got a Bartz. He seems kind of lovely, any idea why he rates highly on the unit rankings? Is it just due to his potential to be a 6?

Atm my party is Rain Lasswell Cecil Exdeath and Bartz. Lasswell and Bartz are kind of sucking though.

Bartz is a solid beginner DPS if you haven't landed any base 5 whales yet. He is definitely worth raising to six stars, level 100.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Bartz is a mana battery for mages and his TM is useful for the very few proper Doublehand users we'll be getting on Global.

hagie posted:

Free summon:

RAINBOW

Ace

Ok I guess.
Speaking of mana batteries, that's pretty much what Ace becomes after enhancements. He gets a good MP recovery ability for everyone and his Laser will be able to reduce elemental affinities for Fire Thunder and Light I think? It also get a 10% chance to roll 2000% damage but honestly the more I look at him compared to other 5* mages the less I think he's supposed to do damage. He's like a really lovely magic Setzer.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Sweet, I've got my whole crew as fours. Out of those I listed, is there any I should absolutely prioritize for my first five?

Also, I have 2410 lapis. Should I buy the Aileen bundle, or does the bundles suck rule hold true?

Should I bench Laswell for her, if so?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Reberta appears to be a solid chainer with easy to match frames.

https://a.pomf.cat/axmsir.webm

Mystic Thrust is 7x2 hits.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Summon Odin with a small sliver left and its yours. I mean like a single red pixels worth.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Dandywalken posted:

Sweet, I've got my whole crew as fours. Out of those I listed, is there any I should absolutely prioritize for my first five?

Also, I have 2410 lapis. Should I buy the Aileen bundle, or does the bundles suck rule hold true?

Should I bench Laswell for her, if so?

Replying to your previous post, Bartz is really solid and while he doesn't have great damage, he's very solid dps and as a new player, Barrage and some good weapons on him will serve you well.

Regarding Aileen, you have two options

1) whale now and get the stuff to not only get her to 6* but put a lot of levels in her.

2) Whale during the next King Mog Event to get the bonus units as well as the NRG refreshes you'll need to spend in farming the event. Best case scenario, the 5* unit is able to carry the event on their own and you can run a friend 5* and

Even though the bundles are "bad deals" they're really meant for someone in your position. A new player who hasn't farmed King Mog everytime he's come around and doesn't have the NRG to make farming Cactuar Dunes efficient.

I say go ahead and buy the bundle.

Whichever you choose, know that your Aileen is really only going to be super strong once you finish her TM, which if you aren't TM macro'ing will be a long, LONG, time away.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 16:16 on May 12, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I was Bediled!

Also used 7 total tickets, all blue. Extra Kain and Firion(which I realize now I shouldn't have merged that Kain into my existing Kain cause I will probably get enough moogles for 2 TMRs from him), another Ignis so I guess yay for another Letters and Arms. Rest complete trash.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Khisanth Magus posted:

I was Bediled!

Also used 7 total tickets, all blue. Extra Kain and Firion(which I realize now I shouldn't have merged that Kain into my existing Kain cause I will probably get enough moogles for 2 TMRs from him), another Ignis so I guess yay for another Letters and Arms. Rest complete trash.

I used 6 tickets I had saved up: Guy, Kain, Rosa, Bedile, Reberta - Ding, ding - all stop there thanks.

And the special free pull was Zidane which is welcome.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Gyoru posted:

Reberta appears to be a solid chainer with easy to match frames.

https://a.pomf.cat/axmsir.webm

Mystic Thrust is 7x2 hits.

Apparently she also chains with her own jumping if you have a friend Reberta, because if you do her combo the jump attack become 7 hits and causes a massive Spark chain since they both trigger simultaneously at the start of a turn.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

I got Bediled on my free pull yay!

And I can't hold onto tickets so I pulled after my coworker texted me a pic of Rainbow Dragon.

Got my first Vanille hah! Freyvia/TT are going to love the magistrial crest!

Now if I can luck into a Greg I can use Magistrial crest/glove and 4x L+A once I finish some TMRs up in a month

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Forget elite's Mega Flare, I took that with barely a scratch. The immediate follow up where Bahamut casts three elemental spells was where he wrecked my poo poo! I don't get what the gently caress goes through the designer's head at times when the signature attack is :geno: . I just settled for blowing him up before he gets there.

I only got a Cloud for the free pull but the half pull was the 4* Dragon Wizard guy who I wanted for his TM rod. One of these days I might even pull Firion! :v:

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Is it possible to pull anything on a banner or am I pulling on the wrong banner?

I keep getting a few thousand Crimson Blood TM for every coin I use so I'm trying to see if I can throw four tickets at this banner to at least try for Reberta.

Ticket #1 - Lenna
Ticket #2 - Exdeath
Ticket #3 - Sabin (Gumi make him 1* max already, he can't even suplex a pillow for goodness sake.)
Ticket #4 - Ulrica :psyduck: I, uh, picked the Dragon Killer banner.

I have 5000+ laps and 11 tickets including the guaranteed 4* ticket are left, and I'm trying to save them for whenever the FFX drop happens, and I'm doubting I'll pull a single on banner unit for that event at this point.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
"Dark Bahamut ELT has 4m hp and no light resist but low def? Let's see if I can one-round him with Olive/Minfilia/Refia/Cecil/Cid and a buddy Cid."
*deal 10 million damage*
Well it looks like I'll be blitzing ELT until I get bored of this event.:stare:

...I think I might drop Minfilia and Cecil for Fryevia and someone else, just to see how much damage I can do in a single turn :black101:

Then I went and 2-rounded the trial version of the fight. Round 1 took him to the hardcap of 40% hp and then wveryone except Refia (who survived with 43hp) died to megaflare. She revived both Cids the next turn (as Bahamut charged megaflare again) and then the Cids finished him off. Don't think I care enough to go back for the bonus objectives. Same with the MP 15% from the other event, just isn't worth the bother and I got the no green magic achievement since my only magic used in the fight at all was full raise. I really should go for that king burst pot though and feed it to Olive or Cecil...

Faris #4 for my freebie pull. I should probably TM grind them up at some point.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Raid Bahamut is easy, because he can be MAG broken. Bring friend Orlandu, break weapon, laugh at his pitiful attempts to hurt you. Generally takes me 3-4 rounds to kill him, but if I have Orlandu breaking his weapons and Minfilia boosting my spr he can't touch me.

Trial Bahamut, on the other hand, cannot be MAG broken, and I don't have the HP to survive. Sadness, it looks like I won't be getting those rewards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

Whoo, good day! Just completed Gilgamesh, all conditions.

That's two trials down today.

• Locked thread