Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lucked into another one of those limited time one shot dungeons, the ones that last a few hours in JP and a week in the US, (I never check for them and have done like 5 out of 16) and the prize was a white Jörmungandr so you can indeed get one instead of clearing that dungeon where you get to play a team of tamadras.

junan_paalla posted:

I decided to give the monhun machine and rolled #3663, seems cool, do you pair him with someone or is the worth mainly in being a unbindable hard gravity with guard break and 7c awoken?

Some lists already consider it the best leader in the game so yeah, he's pretty good. As a sub he's good but mostly because he has great stats, and good awakenings. The active skill is pretty slow and hard gravities are not always useful.

And you pair him with something that hits hard at high combos like Anubis or Sakuya.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 17:38 on May 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mortimer Knag
Nov 23, 2007
I just started this game some days ago, could use some advice of what to do next. I cleared past Castle of Satan, don't know if I should do the tech dungeons or keep doing the main ones.

My only good cards are Cold Mask Mel, Yamato Takeru, Fire Wizard Laila, Anima, Idunn&Idunna, and Amaterasu, and I've been using a mostly all red team to clear everything. Are any of these worth maxing out and evolving or should I wait to roll something better?

Also I still have my present and BFF thingy, so if anyone wants to swap either that'd be cool.

Ironsolid
Mar 1, 2005

Fishing isn't an addiction, it's a way of life. Everything to gain while losing everything

baby delivery truck posted:

I just started this game some days ago, could use some advice of what to do next. I cleared past Castle of Satan, don't know if I should do the tech dungeons or keep doing the main ones.

My only good cards are Cold Mask Mel, Yamato Takeru, Fire Wizard Laila, Anima, Idunn&Idunna, and Amaterasu, and I've been using a mostly all red team to clear everything. Are any of these worth maxing out and evolving or should I wait to roll something better?

Also I still have my present and BFF thingy, so if anyone wants to swap either that'd be cool.

For now, I would use what you have to clear what you can and save as many stones as you can for the upcoming Player's Choice Godfest. I work Third shift starting at 2230 ET if you're up late I would be happy to help you with some descends to get you some rank exp.

378 937 390

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
So, for lack of a Blue Valkyrie to pick up the Light spot on my upcoming Kushi team, I've decided to improvise away from the template. I want that Defense Break awoken skill, so I've added Claire to the roster, who has similar prongs and 7c as ReHaku. She seems like a really solid drop-in, save her mediocre Active, which I'll probably just throw one of my 4 Hakus onto.

However, of course, I still need a Light sub. For now, I am going with Ganesha since I already have him 297'd, he's prongy and unbindable, and his Active is pretty great. I considered ReVenus for good stats, LKali for a board change that guarantees the Defense Break will go off, or even Mito for some unbindable demon-killing action. (I could put Takami Megumi's active onto her, which seems like a great bind clear upgrade.) I guess I have Chibi Valk and Arcline, too, but eh. Neither NY nor Awoken Amaterasu seem like good picks. I considered LZL, but despite all his upgrades, he's still bad.

Spelling it out like that, I'm maybe leaning towards Mito all of a sudden, but that means I'd need to use that SBR badge... Ugh.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.
A follow up to my previous post, if you want to start an alt or know of a friend who's interested:

After completing the tutorial and getting your free roll, you can do the following:

1. Find a Ganesha friend, run Snow Globe Rush. This will rank you up to rank 30 or so.
2. Using a Ganesha friend again, run Exp of a Lifetime. This will rank you up to about 70.
3. Run the 48 stam Tama dungeons with a Ganesha friend when you have the stam.
4. Find a friend that works with your free starter roll, best friend them.
5. Start the game with a huge boost due to free MP, free gold, extra stamina and stones.

Yes, a lot of "wasted" stamina, but you will want to run those dungeons anyway due to the rewards.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

On my Kushi team, I currently have a light kali on my valk (In my case it's the red flavor) because it gaurentees you have a guard break board when you need one.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Paul Zuvella posted:

On my Kushi team, I currently have a light kali on my valk (In my case it's the red flavor) because it gaurentees you have a guard break board when you need one.
drat, good call for the inherit. I'll go that way, too.

Unfortunately, I only have GValk, DValk, and Bikini Claire (which I got from the Summer REM, and who's now worse than her D/R counterpart - at least for now.) So that's all the REM Valkyries without a Light sub-attribute.

I think I'll leave Ganesha for the light spot for now; he's a solid card, all-around. Maybe flex Mito in when necessary.

dwarf74 fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 11, 2017

RubyX
Apr 10, 2010
Fallen Rib
Do folders seriously not sync across devices?
I know using the same account on multiple devices was never an officially supported feature, but everything else seems to sync just fine. Folders apparently do not.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

RubyX posted:

Do folders seriously not sync across devices?
I know using the same account on multiple devices was never an officially supported feature, but everything else seems to sync just fine. Folders apparently do not.
Favorites don't, either. Not really surprising. :)

RubyX
Apr 10, 2010
Fallen Rib
I could have sworn favourites did, too.
But sure enough, right now they don't.

So either they broke that with the update or I'm just crazy.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

RubyX posted:

I could have sworn favourites did, too.
But sure enough, right now they don't.

So either they broke that with the update or I'm just crazy.
Nah, Favorites have never transferred and it's incredibly annoying. Take it from a guy who's migrated like 3 or 4 devices, so far.

Zeta
Jul 29, 2009

KWEOOOOOO
Pillbug
I'm all done rolling on the Heroine REM. Final totals (across both Heroine REM events):

1 Meridionalis
1 Uruka
1 Julie
4 Ilmina
5 Navi
6 Elgenubi
8 Barbara
8 Romia
20 Mel
28 Kuvia
35 Sheena
36 Mito
36 Momiji

Only took me 189 pulls to get Meridionalis, what a bargain!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zeta posted:

1 Meridionalis
1 Uruka
1 Julie
4 Ilmina
5 Navi
6 Elgenubi
8 Barbara
8 Romia
20 Mel
28 Kuvia
35 Sheena
36 Mito
36 Momiji
Posts like these terrify me because I just want a whaletoy and I don't :retrogames:

...but, on the other hand, two Meridionalis in my like twenty rolls :downs:

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Yeah I rolled 4 times total the first time this REM came around (including the free roll) and got a Meri + an Ilmina.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I rolled once with free stones.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

I've actually never spent money on this dumb game

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I didn't roll, if them assholes can't give us a free roll I don't see why I should.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Does anything good drop from the Nightmare Street dungeon?

e: What evo of Kush are we raving about? I actually have her in my box. :stare:

vulturesrow fucked around with this message at 01:13 on May 12, 2017

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House

vulturesrow posted:

Grida, the invade, is good if you need another dark pronger.

Reincarnated Kushinadahime is the one everyone is talking about now

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

vulturesrow posted:

Revo Kush, who you shouldn't really worry about as a leader unless you can hit 7+ chain combos consistently.

LuciferMorningstar
Aug 12, 2012

VIDEO GAME MODIFICATION IS TOTALLY THE SAME THING AS A FEMALE'S BODY AND CLONING SAID MODIFICATION IS EXACTLY THE SAME AS RAPE, GUYS!!!!!!!
My alt could use some pals. Preferably one with Ganesha.

AG3
Feb 4, 2004

Ask me about spending hundreds of dollars on Mass Effect 2 emoticons and Avatars.

Oven Wrangler

Evil Fluffy posted:

Revo Kush, who you shouldn't really worry about as a leader unless you can hit 7+ chain combos consistently.

I could probably hit 7 combos consistently no sweat... if I used 3x Reincarnated Tsukuyomi on the team.

AG3 fucked around with this message at 07:24 on May 12, 2017

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I keep pulling on the heroine machine every time I get 10 stones because I want momiji for the inheritance, and every single time it's either been yet another mito or a crystal egg. I'm at 3 mito's and 3 crystal eggs now (elgenubi, navi, and julie). it's weird

also hell yea, the +15 egg machine is here

e: and hey, now I have coloring book sakuya and kali on both accounts. nifty

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 11:41 on May 12, 2017

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
Happy + Day everybody!

You can't inherit these monsters right?

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 12:46 on May 12, 2017

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
jfc this PAL machine is awesome.

Of course now I have a bunch of +285 monsters and still need a billion snowglobes, but wow.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

dwarf74 posted:

Of course now I have a bunch of +285 monsters

UPC strikes again

Televisio Frankus
Jun 8, 2010
Well, I finally caved and pulled on the heroine machine. Is Julie worth it or am I justified in my instant regret?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

julie's a really good blue leader

good jovi
Dec 11, 2000

'm pro-dickgirl, and I VOTE!

The plus egg pal machine doesn't excite me as much as it should. My DAthena team is already maxed, and I don't plan on using anyone else ever again.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Munkaboo posted:

Happy + Day everybody!

I came here to ask this. I got my second BKali just now and I don't know if I should keep her or feed her to the first for the awakening. I've one DKali, LKali, GKali, blue Sherias and Lightning if I need to make all 5 colors.

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

You can't inherit BKali, presumably you can't inherit pink sakura either.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Munkaboo posted:

Nope. I wish you could; I'd like my ReMinerva to get a stat boost from RSakuya, but no.

Televisio Frankus posted:

Well, I finally caved and pulled on the heroine machine. Is Julie worth it or am I justified in my instant regret?
She's really great. Tanky and strong, with flexible team building, and one of the only Blue leaders who can take advantage of Blue's solid prong subs (like Scheat, Orochi, Sun Quan, etc.) Skuld and U&Y are her best subs.

Setsu has her on Tier 3, alongside Myr and a whole lot of other favorites.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Manatee Cannon posted:

I keep pulling on the heroine machine every time I get 10 stones because I want momiji for the inheritance, and every single time it's either been yet another mito or a crystal egg.

Who is momoji's inherit good for? I just pulled one this morning randomly, along with a elegunubi.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Who is momoji's inherit good for? I just pulled one this morning randomly, along with a elegunubi.

Myr and Kaede

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Rap Record Hoarder posted:

Momiji is the budget Sylvie, I think? If so, it's any time you need any of green orbs, light orbs, and/or hearts. She's a great board changer, and a useful inherit for Myr, Kaede, etc.

Elgenubi is a fantastic addition to most Red teams.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

One day a team will exist where my 4 Elgubi will be useful.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Uh... that sure is an attempt at an incentive.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
I really wish I hadn't 99'd one stat and kept the others at 50 or 0. drat you challenge rewards.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Munkaboo posted:

I really wish I hadn't 99'd one stat and kept the others at 50 or 0. drat you challenge rewards.

I hate getting single +'s from dungeons nowadays since it forces me to micro-manage that poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
I'm trying to keep up with this thread, but can someone explain what "inherit" means here?

Also, is there anything worth keeping that might come out of the new Pal machine (keeping in mind that "worth keeping" means "better than one of the five-star dragons I'm currently using"), or should I just feed them all?

I pulled on the heroine machine and got a Sheena. Better than anything I had before, but how does she rate vs. the other possibilities?

<--- still a noob