Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

It's true. Sometimes people can be more complex than simply angels or devils.

nope

theyre all devils

aint u met none of em

ed balls is shadow chancellor

that man knows the dark arts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/chucktingle/status/863029262122598401

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

fart blood posted:

So dumb question:

If the FBI is now moving quickly because they are running out of time, isn't that bad? I mean, if they rush, they'll get sloppy. If they get sloppy, that benefits the Trump administration.

I get they're in a lovely position, but still, if you swing at the king and all that.

Yeah but in a way they've also already won. Even if no one is arrested, this presidency is tainted and always will be. Trump will go down in history as an incompetent evil boob of a president.

tenderjerk
Nov 6, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 371 days!
https://twitter.com/yashar/status/863030507130540033

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Spicer is back today so much for Sanders answering all week

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

ElrondHubbard posted:

Comey sold out his credibility to save himself from Republican scrutiny in a world where Hilary was elected president and didn't blush about throwing soundbites to Republicans during the FBI investigation, even if the Republicans were too bloodthirsty to appreciate anything short of an indictment. Comey is a weaselly old guard Republican shill who is suddenly surprised when his Faustian bargain to save his hide had unanticipated consequences.

His firing is a travesty, but I don't feel any sympathy for the guy himself or understand why people try to play him up like he's some kind of saint.

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

fart blood posted:

So dumb question:

If the FBI is now moving quickly because they are running out of time, isn't that bad? I mean, if they rush, they'll get sloppy. If they get sloppy, that benefits the Trump administration.

I get they're in a lovely position, but still, if you swing at the king and all that.
you're about to see the first time in american history that the president and possibly most of his party is recognized as a rogue entity by the federal government outside of congress, i'm not sure competence is even in discussion

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Fast and Furious is still a big deal in TFR I think.

so your'e saying it's confirmed as a fake scandal

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

fart blood posted:

So dumb question:

In this case, they're aided by the king just sort of punching himself in the face a lot. But yeah, being pressed for time is never good.

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/863007411132649473

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
No one is trying to play him up like a saint lmfao

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
The part that is going to absolutely aggravate me:

IF Trump and his administration get indicted/arrested/forced to resign/whatever, you know...you JUST KNOW...GOP lawmakers will be on the TV saying things like "well gosh how were we supposed to know he was corrupt?"

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

even if the FBI get evidence they still need a prosecutor.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kashuno posted:

He's just going to come out on stage, stare, mutter "gently caress this" and quit on the spot.

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Kashuno posted:

wasnt he due back today?

white sauce
Apr 29, 2012

by R. Guyovich

fart blood posted:

IF Trump and his administration get indicted/arrested/forced to resign/whatever, you know...you JUST KNOW...GOP lawmakers will be on the TV saying things like "well gosh how were we supposed to know he was corrupt?"

Can't wait till the republicans start clamoring to see everyone's tax returns after this whole thing bubbles over

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

mrbradlymrmartin posted:

wasnt he due back today?

Sanders said she would be there for the rest of the week so :shrug:

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

"Back for a one-day wonder before you're out of the job forever?"

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

fart blood posted:

tbf he's not corrupt in the usual political way of graft etc. he's corrupt in the literally taking orders from a foreign ruler way which we haven't had as president before

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

fart blood posted:

they do that at the risk of american national credibility, if they're willing to sink the country to admit to no wrongdoing, well, it's been a long time coming

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

euphronius posted:

remember fast and furious lol

what a ridiculous "scandal"

that might have been one of the dumbest operations ever concieved. how did no one think it wasnt going to go exactly like it did

Fidel Castronaut
Dec 25, 2004

Houston, we're Havana problem.

fart blood posted:

So dumb question:

At this point, I would wager they are being overly cautious because it isn't like the king is a mastermind who covered his tracks well. Besides, any defense Trump's lawyers come up with when the evidence comes out will be immediately undermined by a 6am Trump tweet.

"Why shouldn't I have taken money from Russians? Better than taking money from hard working Americans!"

Fluoride Jones
Aug 24, 2009

toot toot

Imagine being Christie's child bride

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

ArmZ posted:

comey tried to thread the needle and pissed off both sides what a dumbass

I think he really is just an attention whore that was maximizing exposure. He got it. Look for a 2 million dollar book deal.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

fart blood posted:

part of the reason they're defending him so hard is because they've all become complicit at one time or another during the campaign or investigation

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Relevant Tangent posted:

Leftishly "If I keep saying dumb poo poo that discredits my ideology surely they'll come around to the correct beliefs."

docbeard posted:

It's possible you don't know what the word 'secret' means.

An organization that trains undercover agents to infiltrate and entrap the regime's political enemies isn't a "secret police" because you've heard of them. lmao

D O R K Y
Sep 1, 2001

Kashuno posted:

I'm both saddened and overjoyed.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Richard Pisskxksson

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Fluoride Jones posted:

im imagining it, except im actually a midget undercover cop and send chris christie to foreverjail

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fluoride Jones posted:

How many have been crushed beneath him

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
lol Sessions is pushing to make it literally impossible for prosecutors to seek anything but max charges in drug cases

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

An organization that trains undercover agents to infiltrate and entrap the regime's political enemies isn't a "secret police" because you've heard of them. lmao

don't you have a zone to be sucking

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:

Yinlock posted:

part of the reason they're defending him so hard is because they've all become complicit at one time or another during the campaign or investigation

bingo

Former Everything
Nov 28, 2007

Is this right?

ffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

sexpig by night posted:

lol Sessions is pushing to make it literally impossible for prosecutors to seek anything but max charges in drug cases

wouldn't that ultimately lead to more cases being thrown out as judges are like "well that's bad but it's not 100 years in the hell pits bad"

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

sexpig by night posted:

Ya know, I laugh at Trump (while still realizing how dangerous he is), but I LOATHE Jeff Sessions. LOATHE.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/Cernovich/status/674319669818331142

but what about "Trump is Nixon?" :thinking_face:

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Piiiiiisssssssssssssssssss Taaapppppppppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee Trump!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k
Where's the beef? After decades, we finally know that it's going to China but everyone is focused on the fake news. SAD!

• Locked thread