Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spoggerific
May 28, 2009
Any idea where to get a Switch in Tokyo? All of the Bic Camera and Yodobashi Camera stores I've been to were completely out with no idea when they'd be getting more stock in. The only website that will let me put in an order is Amazon, and that's for $100 more than retail price. I could try going to Akihabara, but I imagine everything there is sold out too. I want to play Zelda and also maybe buy Minecraft on Yet Another platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Now, I can't because loving Trump banned tablets and laptops on all flights from Europe today.

Enjoy playing your suupercell match three game like normal people you filthy gamer

The Aquabot
Sep 25, 2004

Spoggerific posted:

Any idea where to get a Switch in Tokyo? All of the Bic Camera and Yodobashi Camera stores I've been to were completely out with no idea when they'd be getting more stock in. The only website that will let me put in an order is Amazon, and that's for $100 more than retail price. I could try going to Akihabara, but I imagine everything there is sold out too. I want to play Zelda and also maybe buy Minecraft on Yet Another platform.

I was in Akihabara a couple weeks ago and like 50 or so people were lining up outside some store for Switch's, and then I went to a few Edion's and yeah all out of stock there too, accessories were easy enough to get but actual consoles not so much.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I am in Kyushu so it may be different up north but Toys R Us had stock in Fukuoka and Nagasaki within the past week.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

incoherent posted:

Guys, I have a long rear end flight next week. Will there be a dope indie to be dropped next week?
Thumper is out next week.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n640qUwCEDs

If you have a 3DS and enjoy anime waifu games, Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia is out next week also.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Trying to play Tetris online and just got dragged by three different players. It's like they're on another level. My second game ever I got matched with someone with a worldwide ranking of like 300. hosed up!

edit: Interestingly a win boosts your rank further than a few losses drops it. It's pretty friendly like that.

well why not fucked around with this message at 11:46 on May 12, 2017

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

What is the price of Minecraft on the Australian eShop?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

neurotech posted:

What is the price of Minecraft on the Australian eShop?

$39.95AU.

neurotech
Apr 22, 2004

Deep in my dreams and I still hear her callin'
If you're alone, I'll come home.

Thanks!

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

enojy posted:

I had a typical Xanax moment and bought Minecraft. I figure I liked Active Worlds enough in the late 90s as a kid, I'd like this. I've never played this game before now, but I just spent 3 hours chopping down a shitload of trees, mining a shitload of cobblestone, building the exterior of a lovely square stone "house" and eating exactly 3 pigs.

My Switch battery is done for the night but what am I supposed to do next? Dig down? Go see what's on those neighboring mountains? Start over in creative mode because I don't care about the combat and don't want any more little fuckhead cacti blowing holes in my floor?

Xanax is nasty loving stuff, glad I got off that poo poo, seriously

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
how do i get more than one row on the home screen? hate these giant icons

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I wish you could change it. I have 10 items on mine and it'd look much neater as two or three rows. Apparently there's an overflow as 12 items with a grid view, but the home is still a single row.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

strap on revenge posted:

how do i get more than one row on the home screen? hate these giant icons

+12 games

When you exit a game and go back to the home menu it defaults back to the single line view though.

I'd say the Switch def needs some UI improvements at some point

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Hahaha holy poo poo £22 for a digital copy of Minecraft in our lords year 2017.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I bought a PC copy of Mein Kraft in like 2011 for something like $15aud.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

well why not posted:

I bought a PC copy of Mein Kraft in like 2011 for something like $15aud.

I got a pc copy for like £6 but this was years ago when it was unfinished and wasn't full price yet.

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
i bought it on switch

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
Switch on! To great games! And man, what games?

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Ohhhh I am amped for this. Tybg

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lelandjs posted:

You can't really play the game without some level of building/crafting (because that is the game). If you don't immediately start scrounging for materials and erect some basic sort of shelter (I've resorted to literal hole in the dirt in one especially bad seed) the monsters that come out at night will kill you, and you'll have to start over again.

Really I like Minecraft for the exploration aspect--you can come across some pretty stunning randomly generated landscapes.

[Edit: Also, the in-game tutorials are very basic, and there's a lot of advanced stuff in the game that you won't know unless you're playing with a Wiki open (like how to craft a compass or bed, two things that are pretty much required for any sort of exploratory play). So that may effect your enjoyment of the game]

the console version has a cool built in crafting list so you dont have to learn/memorise crafting recipes

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Does it support touch for the menus?

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

strap on revenge posted:

i bought it on switch

Yeah even though I have a mac/pc copy I can imagine grabbing this for portable play if I felt like play MC. I'm not really interested in being chained to a desk / couch any more. MC would be a pretty great game for long plane rides where you just want something mindless.

Imagined
Feb 2, 2007
The Switch just brings joy everywhere it goes. I brought it to work this morning and a coworker and I played Mario Kart. She hadn't even heard of the Switch before and just kept going on about how loving dope it was, asking how much it is and even took a picture of it to show her kids, saying she had to get one.

At least for now it really does cause little Switch parties to break out just like the loving commercial we all made fun of.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

I had the Tales of Symphonia port for ps3 and the fact that it ran worse than the original version is real lovely.

That's because it's a port of the PS2 version that had to cut the framerate in half because it couldn't run as well as a Gamecube.

And then the PC port is/was a half-assed port of the PS3 version.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Imagined posted:

The Switch just brings joy everywhere it goes. I brought it to work this morning and a coworker and I played Mario Kart. She hadn't even heard of the Switch before and just kept going on about how loving dope it was, asking how much it is and even took a picture of it to show her kids, saying she had to get one.

At least for now it really does cause little Switch parties to break out just like the loving commercial we all made fun of.

poo poo that didnt happen dot text

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Imagined posted:

I was waiting in my dentist's office yesterday and the hygienist came out and saw me playing MK8. She was like "Oh is that the new Nintendo? My son wants one really bad!"

She then asked how much it costs, does it come with the dock, and can you really just pick it up and go?

I told her all about my lunchtime Kart, and how I can play BoI on the train and drop it into the dock to pick it right back up when I get home.

Switch is cool and good.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

i had my switch at work and my boss came out and said "so help me god if youre on that loving switch again i will fire your rear end out of this building" but then played a game of mario kart and when he owned me mercilessly he let me keep my job, perhaps from the feeling of power his benevolence gave him or perhaps from the show of penitence.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Stux posted:

poo poo that didnt happen dot text

Naw dog. Believe it or not some goons have real interactions with humans.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Beastie posted:

I was waiting in my dentist's office yesterday and the hygienist came out and saw me playing MK8. She was like "Oh is that the new Nintendo? My son wants one really bad!"

She then asked how much it costs, does it come with the dock, and can you really just pick it up and go?

I told her all about my lunchtime Kart, and how I can play BoI on the train and drop it into the dock to pick it right back up when I get home.

Switch is cool and good.

You told her about the aborted fetus game?

Gorgolflox
Apr 2, 2009

Gun Saliva

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

That's my go to pick up line

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Oh lord no. I just told her there is a quick game I play on the train for 15 minutes and can pick it up when I get home on the couch.

I'm not a total moron.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Is TellTale owned by Sony? Because if not I can't imagine why they're not dumping their games on the Switch. There's like 100 of them and Nintendo would be able to say "look at all the gaaaaaaames our [dead] console has!"

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Do you guys remember when the Switch was good?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Do you guys remember when the Switch was good?
Why are you asking me if I remember today? Of course I do.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Is TellTale owned by Sony? Because if not I can't imagine why they're not dumping their games on the Switch. There's like 100 of them and Nintendo would be able to say "look at all the gaaaaaaames our [dead] console has!"

The telltale engine is a piece of poo poo and their team is probably not up to the task of porting it to yet another device.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

They're porting over their Minecraft game for sure. Tbh that engine they use is so loving bad it would take a lot to get me to try another one of their games.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

They're on XBone as well, so it's not impossible :shrug:.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
Waking Dead season 1 was decent, every other Telltale game is just not worth your time. Please go replay monkey island or day of the Tentacle or something.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Walking Dead S1
Batman Game Thing
I hear Tales from Borderlands is good? Iunno.

Those are their only good series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

Wolf Among Us was awesome.

• Locked thread