Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Seems like a better strategy than dirt biking honestly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Local Man With Yasiel Puig Avatar Accuses Other Team's Players of Being Poor Decision Makers

anyway it doesn't matter I'll fast forward the convo

Giants are in last
Dodgers have spent a billion dollars and gotten nothing from it in the 2010s
Dodgers are gonna win this year
huh couldn't hear you I had the three rings in my ear
gently caress the Rockies, Pads and D'backs
agreed

Amen and peace be with you bawfuls

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Hey, at least Puig's dumb off-field decisions haven't cost him months and months of playing time and threatened to permanently reduce his effectiveness as a baseball player.

if we work together, I think we can collectively reach Cubsposting

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
Edit: This is not the GDT, goddamnit.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

bawfuls posted:

Hey, at least Puig's dumb off-field decisions haven't cost him months and months of playing time and threatened to permanently reduce his effectiveness as a baseball player.

if we work together, I think we can collectively reach Cubsposting

This season has been mostly sad Jaysposting with a side order of near-suicidal Metsposting and a garnish of perplexed Twinsposting.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Julio Cruz posted:

This season has been mostly sad Jaysposting with a side order of near-suicidal Metsposting and a garnish of perplexed Twinsposting.

Isn't Metsposting near-suicidal by default?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

bawfuls posted:

because they hate America and also you

I KNEW IT

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

This seems like a fine line to be walking

(Not trying to start a Puig fight cuz I'd like to see him do well again, but...)

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Infidel Castro posted:

Isn't Metsposting near-suicidal by default?

Sometimes it gets as far as "optimistic despite all evidence to the contrary".

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Spoeank posted:

gently caress the Rockies, Pads and D'backs
agreed

This just seems sad, and kicking a dog while down. Except maybe the Dbacks who were legit assholes for awhile.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Julio Cruz posted:

Twinsposting.

DON'T MIND IF I DO!

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1377398583/mincws-sano-lifts-a-solo-homer-to-right-field/?query=twins

Casually flipping a pitch down and away about 350 feet for a dong on a 1-2 count :allears:

Der Meister
May 12, 2001

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

(Not trying to start a Puig fight cuz I'd like to see him do well again, but...)

he's been doing ok this year

e: hmm he's at 0.0 fWAR for the year

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
It's safer to be on a dirt bike than on the Mets.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

When Puig shatters his wrist on a motorcycle and can never hit for power again, I'll eat my post. Until then, he's less dumb than MadBum.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

seiferguy posted:

This just seems sad, and kicking a dog while down. Except maybe the Dbacks who were legit assholes for awhile.

My mind cannot comprehend any possible reason to hate the Dad's outside of maybe their terrible uniform designs over the last decade.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

e: wrong team, birdbrain

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

seiferguy posted:

Dbacks are easy to hate for several reasons as you noted. Rockies are easy to hate because Coors is an unholy place where baseball players go to die. Every time the Dodgers go to Colorado I live in fear that several Dodgers will be injured there. But yeah, the Padres are generally unobjectionable. Their ownership is tone-deaf and stupid but in a mostly harmless way. I do dislike their aggressive military worship so that's something?

Death Vomit Wizard
May 8, 2006
Bottom Feeder

seiferguy posted:

Does your analogy account for the fact that The Rockies are in first? Disclaimer: I don't hate any NL West teams.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Astros #1 in baseball in mid May, I wonder if this has ever happened before

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

the last like 10 years the Rockies blow that game and lose....but not this one.

also, I though I'd ask this here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT-nCfiBgcK/

Jeff Hoffman's delivery combined with him being all legs and like 6'4", it reminds me of a pitcher from the mid-90s and earlier

I can't remember who though, I don't think the guy played for any of the top major market teams, at least from that time period I'm thinking of, I thought it was a smaller city like Pittsburgh, KC, or Milwaukee, but I cannot for the love of all things holy remember. Does anyone have a suggestion on whom?

will_colorado fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 12, 2017

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Jeff D'Amico

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

Dbacks are easy to hate for several reasons as you noted. Rockies are easy to hate because Coors is an unholy place where baseball players go to die. Every time the Dodgers go to Colorado I live in fear that several Dodgers will be injured there. But yeah, the Padres are generally unobjectionable. Their ownership is tone-deaf and stupid but in a mostly harmless way. I do dislike their aggressive military worship so that's something?

It's hard to hate teams from a city that doesn't really care about sports. I don't like the military worship either, but San Diego has a uniformed military population of like 100,000, so it's a big part of the city's identity.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

Pff it's only been 31 years without a championship for them. Go another 77 and we'll talk about which team god hates the most.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

It's hard to hate teams from a city that doesn't really care about sports. I don't like the military worship either, but San Diego has a uniformed military population of like 100,000, so it's a big part of the city's identity.

In the Padres case the military stuff is really just catering to their market more than anything else.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2017/05/12/1378198183/1494557760035/asset_2500K.mp4

I love that the video board is celebrating the win while the ball is still in flight

Petanque
Apr 14, 2008

Ca va bien aller

For God so loved the Mets, He gave his one and only son, Tim Tebow, a chance to play in the majors by injuring everyone ahead of him.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

John Wilkes Booth posted:

For God so loved the Mets, He gave his one and only son, Tim Tebow, a chance to play in the majors by injuring everyone ahead of him.

The Mets are gonna call up Tebow and bench Conforto to let him play.

elentar
Aug 26, 2002

Every single year the Ivy League takes a break from fucking up the world through its various alumni to fuck up everyone's bracket instead.

John Wilkes Booth posted:

Like Kind Hearts and Coronets, but for getting Tebow to the Show.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I could watch Marisnick gunning down Jacoby all day

http://m.mlb.com/video/v1378611983/must-c-conclusion-marisnicks-strong-throw-ends-game/

Also: gently caress look at that slider hang

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Lmao gently caress the sun times.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

will_colorado posted:

also, I though I'd ask this here:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BT-nCfiBgcK/

Jeff Hoffman's delivery combined with him being all legs and like 6'4", it reminds me of a pitcher from the mid-90s and earlier

I can't remember who though, I don't think the guy played for any of the top major market teams, at least from that time period I'm thinking of, I thought it was a smaller city like Pittsburgh, KC, or Milwaukee, but I cannot for the love of all things holy remember. Does anyone have a suggestion on whom?

Mark Gubicza was probably the tallest pitcher on the Royals regularly from the late 80's to 90's. Oh hey I actually found some video on him...yeah that doesn't look the same at all so probably not him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kx3zoudnz2w

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Dexo posted:

This owns, the team's social media dude just coming out and roasting them is great

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Dexo posted:

Who is this guy? I've seen Cubs fans posting about him on Twitter but I never heard anything about him before.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Intruder posted:

This owns, the team's social media dude just coming out and roasting them is great

iospace please update the title: I may need a ticket for a Cubs game

If anyone can work a pun into that please do

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Inspector_666 posted:

Who is this guy? I've seen Cubs fans posting about him on Twitter but I never heard anything about him before.

He's been around for decades, former homeless guy who has been a fixture walking around the stands yelling "Wooooooo, Wooooooo".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BvHi5nU0yw

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Tim Tebow is rumored to possibly get a promotion by mid season. If you're wondering how Tim is doing in single A he's slashing .250/.330/.370 for a .700 OPS. I'll give him credit, that's better than I expected but he's also striking out %29 of the time and this is just single A.

So either the Mets minor league outfield is terrible that he is an option for promotion or the Mets are gonna ride this poo poo into the ground and call him up.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Popete posted:

Tim Tebow is rumored to possibly get a promotion by mid season. If you're wondering how Tim is doing in single A he's slashing .250/.330/.370 for a .700 OPS. I'll give him credit, that's better than I expected but he's also striking out %29 of the time and this is just single A.

That slash line is way better than I was expecting, but I definitely want to see what happens when he matches up regularly with pitchers who can actually command the zone. That Spring Training AB vs Scherzer was a hell of a sight.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

IcePhoenix posted:

iospace please update the title: I may need a ticket for a Cubs game

If anyone can work a pun into that please do

something something Indiana Jones says "No ticket"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Popete posted:

So either the Mets minor league outfield is terrible that he is an option for promotion or the Mets are gonna ride this poo poo into the ground and call him up.

I watched Jordan Rides the Bus the other day, the 30 for 30 on his baseball....uh, career. Supposedly the guy who wrote the article for Sports Illustrated making fun of the whole thing went back at the all star break and wanted to write a followup of how much he'd changed in a few months, and everyone who was on the team with him talked about how they could imagine him putting it together. It's Jordan so he easily might have just paid everyone off to talk good about him.

I mean he slashed .202/.289/.266 for the year (although the White Sox threw him directly into AA which seems dumb), so if he improved significantly by the all star break he must have started off like 1-50 or something.

But anyway the one thing everyone agreed on is that Jordan worked his rear end off trying to make things work. I wonder how much of this Tebow is doing, you'd think we'd be getting dumb articles about how he's taking extra batting practice every day and stuff.

• Locked thread