Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Panzeh posted:

You seem pretty retarded in general, actually.

I say this as an american.

I know you're American. You're in the construction business but while extolling the virtues of the working class, you're completely disconnected from the actual laborers at your work

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I know you're American. You're in the construction business but while extolling the virtues of the working class, you're completely disconnected from the actual laborers at your work

:laffo: This coming from you? I can't think of a less out-of-touch person in this country than you.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Miguel and Emilio probably have some different opinions on the virtues of the working class than Joe and Danny

(but they're not as far apart as some people might think)

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Majorian posted:

:laffo: This coming from you? I can't think of a less out-of-touch person in this country than you.

Says Napa Valley boy

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I do actually know them but unlike you, they're not particularly political and real people don't generally have political conversations all that often.

If I recall, your last comment about that was "why aren't you forming a revolutionary vanguard out of construction workers" or something.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just a reminder that Spunky is unemployed and his only friend is garbage he found in the trash.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Says Napa Valley boy

Even I'm more in touch with the average American than your sheltered racist rear end is.

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Says Napa Valley boy

Lol is he really? No wonder he's been consistently wrong.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Just a reminder that Spunky is unemployed and his only friend is garbage he found in the trash.

Oscar isn't technically garbage, he simply lives in the trash can

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Who What Now posted:

Shaming the unemployed

#justprogressivethings

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Who What Now posted:

I work 50 hours a week and then also do side work too

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Also, just a reminder that you did literally say that wealth was a good measure of someone's value to humanity. Want me to poll the people at work about it? See how in tune you are with the working class?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Yug posted:

Lol is he really? No wonder he's been consistently wrong.

Besides thinking that Clinton was going to win (like pretty much everyone else in the world, including Trump), what other predictions have I been wrong about?

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Nerses IV posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQyTpPu0gvc

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Yug posted:

Shaming the unemployed

#justprogressivethings

Who said I was a progressive?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I work 50 hours a week and then also do side work too

poo poo posting isn't work.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Who What Now posted:

:vince:

tbf Spunky also moonlights as Spicer's deputy.

Because Spunky is Sarah Huckabee Sanders IRL.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Yug posted:

What a dumbass question though and it just shows the hysterics that liberals are in. They have completely lost their minds.

WHAT IF RUSSIA KILL UR MOM N DAD!!!

I'm sorry it was such a stressful question for you but again what makes you think I'm a liberal? :confused:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Flesh Forge posted:

I'm sorry it was such a stressful question for you but again what makes you think I'm a liberal? :confused:

Liberals are right to be ashamed of the label. I don't blame you.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Who What Now posted:

Putin claims otherwise. Thanks for the rubles suckers

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I worked construction for 5 years and would still be doing it if my current maintenance opportunity hadn't come up. The running theme was "well Hillary isn't that great of a candidate. We'd rather have Sanders, but Trump is a known conman who stiffs contractors so guys like us don't get paid."

Like these dudes always bitch about "THE MEXICANS" but they also know Republican labor policy will absolutely ruin their lives by undermining unions and shifting more and more tax burdens to the middle class.

Like, even just recently in Indiana, Republicans said we don't have enough money for infrastructure repairs and pushed a gas tax hike. They sure didn't stop the next wave of corporate tax cuts though

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Shareblue's the name if filthy lucre's your aim

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Yug posted:

Liberals are right to be ashamed of the label. I don't blame you.

See, you think that is some kind of brutal own and it's just weird :shrug:

Yug
Aug 6, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I get 20 rubles every time a D&D liberal melts down in this thread. I'm rolling in it.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Skypie posted:

I worked construction for 5 years and would still be doing it if my current maintenance opportunity hadn't come up. The running theme was "well Hillary isn't that great of a candidate. We'd rather have Sanders, but Trump is a known conman who stiffs contractors so guys like us don't get paid."

Like these dudes always bitch about "THE MEXICANS" but they also know Republican labor policy will absolutely ruin their lives by undermining unions and shifting more and more tax burdens to the middle class.

Like, even just recently in Indiana, Republicans said we don't have enough money for infrastructure repairs and pushed a gas tax hike. They sure didn't stop the next wave of corporate tax cuts though

If you base your opinions on port-a-potty art, however, construction sites are Trump country

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Who What Now posted:

look man the grouchistanis are an oppressed ethnic group and we could really do without their continued persecution in GBS tyvm

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Nerses IV posted:

If you base your opinions on port-a-potty art, however, construction sites are Trump country

"Port-a-potty art" is my new favorite way to describe diarrhea.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Nerses IV posted:

construction sites are Trump country
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAyRK38_yAI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SB5EfwyVZyI

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Majorian posted:

"Port-a-potty art" is my new favorite way to describe diarrhea.

I usually just say I sneezed out of my rear end.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Nerses IV posted:

Here I sit, broken hearted
Tried to poo poo but only farted

Listen these guys are modern day poets and artists. They are real in tune with the heartbeat of Americana.

Also one time I was in a portapotty where people had written a bunch of weed strains including "white ninja" and it was followed by someone scrawling "Stormshadow?!"

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Skypie posted:

Yeah, I don't ask this kind of thing directly, but I can tell you these are not the guys who elected Donald Trump.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

Skypie posted:

Also one time I was in a portapotty where people had written a bunch of weed strains including "white ninja" and it was followed by someone scrawling "Stormshadow?!"

lmao best line in the thread

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Panzeh posted:

Yeah, I don't ask this kind of thing directly, but I can tell you these are not the guys who elected Donald Trump.

Some did. There was a poo poo storm in our local when the business manager sent out a questionnaire with candidates during the primary. Lot of guys felt we should be throwing money at Sanders but the International office was playing the "wait and see" game.

However, something like 10% of the respondents said we should get behind Trump, and a lot of guys were royally pissed that anyone thought Trump was good.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Skypie posted:

Some did. There was a poo poo storm in our local when the business manager sent out a questionnaire with candidates during the primary. Lot of guys felt we should be throwing money at Sanders but the International office was playing the "wait and see" game.

However, something like 10% of the respondents said we should get behind Trump, and a lot of guys were royally pissed that anyone thought Trump was good.

The most pro-trump guys in construction from my experience are the estimators/salesmen.

Nerses IV
May 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Panzeh posted:

The most pro-trump guys in construction from my experience are the estimators/salesmen.

Don't forget the utter and complete fuckups who can't be trusted with anything more powerful than a broom.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Panzeh posted:

The only laborers that are pro-Hillary are corrupt union guys who want to keep the status quo because they're making bank

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Panzeh posted:

Could be. I didn't have much contact with office guys as just a worker bee wireman. Come in, put in pipe and wire, go home. I've been out of the field for almost a year but the union meetings and closed FB page are always full of discussions on getting more involved with politics - especially at the local level - so the workers' interests are better represented

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The only laborers that are pro-Hillary are corrupt union guys who want to keep the status quo because they're making bank

Lmao there it is, wondered how long it'd take to get to a CORRUPT DIRTY UNIONS post

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Yug posted:

What a dumbass question though and it just shows the hysterics that liberals are in. They have completely lost their minds.

WHAT IF RUSSIA KILL UR MOM N DAD!!!
:ssh:

What matters is the Trump admin's efforts to derail the FBI, grand juries, etc. which over time and in combination will amount to obstruction of justice.

Nixon didn't face impeachment because of the Watergate hotel break-in specifically. It was the other things that happened and developed because of Nixon's paranoia, secrecy and win-at-all-costs personality. But the difference is that Nixon was a highly-skilled political strategist while Trump is impulsive and doesn't understand how the government works.

quote:

President Trump on Friday warned James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director he fired this week, against leaking anything negative about the president and put the news media on notice that he may cancel future White House briefings.

In a series of early-morning posts on Twitter, Mr. Trump even seemed to suggest that there may be secret tapes of his conversations with Mr. Comey that could be used to counter the former F.B.I. director if necessary. It was not immediately clear whether he meant that literally, or simply hoped to intimidate Mr. Comey into silence.

“James Comey better hope that there are no ‘tapes’ of our conversations before he starts leaking to the press!” Mr. Trump wrote on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/KenDilanianNBC/status/863076987639926784

RELEASE THE TAPES

BrutalistMcDonalds fucked around with this message at 18:31 on May 12, 2017

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

Nerses IV posted:

But does he eat from it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nerses IV