Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Sickening posted:

There has to be something else going on then. Ublock origins hasn't let an ad through in forever for me. The embedded ads can't be dealt with because they are part of the stream. Your heroes of the swarm stuff aren't. I would remove origins and reinstall it.

lol did that, ads played, when they stopped Rich Hagon showed up for a second and then more ads played. Turned off the HTML5 player and added something to my filters, let's see if that fixes it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
I don't watch any other esports on twitch with any regularity but when I have I don't remember them cutting to twitch commercials. Do other esports do this?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

mcmagic posted:

Pozzo's deck was just garbage. He had to just play that rather than do nothing and wait to die.

yea he clearly had nothing else to cast, and juza is even more likely to have countermagic if you let him spend the turn digging

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Dehtraen posted:

I don't watch any other esports on twitch with any regularity but when I have I don't remember them cutting to twitch commercials. Do other esports do this?

The person who operates the stream has complete control over ads. I assume they either have to run a certain number of them to be promoted on twitch per an agreement or they really are hard up for for the few hundred bucks the ads are going to give them over the weekend.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

"we should be in an ad break right N-"

*Ad begins*

*is actually a 'What's the pick' graphic*

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

So I went to shave after Juza won, have they bothered showing any other matches since then?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Sickening posted:

The person who operates the stream has complete control over ads. I assume they either have to run a certain number of them to be promoted on twitch per an agreement or they really are hard up for for the few hundred bucks the ads are going to give them over the weekend.

WotC has a special partnership with Twitch so if they're running ads that's probably in the agreement.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

The desks they use for the feature match area do look legit. If I truly was crafty enough I would have one built for my office.

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:
I'm the guy running 5 consecutive minutes of advertisements and making it less appealing for viewers trying to watch my event that is basically a 3 day advertisement.

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0
I love that this format is so aggro there is a mono red deck on camera round 2.

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

I swear the music they are playing in the background of the team profiles is lifted from Sunless Sea.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
I haven't been able to watch yet, but I've seen a few pictures of the PT. Why is everything in subdued blue light?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cactrot posted:

I swear the music they are playing in the background of the team profiles is lifted from Sunless Sea.

It's insanely bass heavy too.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

clamiam45 posted:

I haven't been able to watch yet, but I've seen a few pictures of the PT. Why is everything in subdued blue light?

why does my stream say it's 1080p but the overhead camera makes everything look like a blurry mess

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0

mandatory lesbian posted:

why does my stream say it's 1080p but the overhead camera makes everything look like a blurry mess

This is the case with SCG as well. It's NEVER EVER sharp enough.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

ThePeavstenator posted:

I'm the guy running 5 consecutive minutes of advertisements and making it less appealing for viewers trying to watch my event that is basically a 3 day advertisement.

Send them a pizza with that on the box

They listen to those

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Phil Collins puns ftw

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

the ben friedman hat gimmick still going strong, I see

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

clamiam45 posted:

http://twitter.com/tommartell/status/863064621908938752

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

clamiam45 posted:

Because the production crew of WOTC is not a professional one. At this point I assume its just something some employees are just tasked to do instead of being at the office doing whatever else they do.

No big deal, its just the promotion of your main product.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

This owns. There's going to be a disco party, right?

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Sickening posted:

Because the production crew of WOTC is not a professional one. At this point I assume its just something some employees are just tasked to do instead of being at the office doing whatever else they do.

No big deal, its just the promotion of your main product.

Actually they're unionized and are precisely professionals. You can argue the output doesn't look like it's done prefessionally and I'd largely agree, though.

Anyways I usually watch on twitchls.com and about a month or so my adblock stopped being able to bypass the ads too. I don't know how many times I've heard the silicon valley season 4 one by now. Dozens.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

If you have amazon prime, linking your twitch and amazon accounts will stop ads.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Ein Sexmonster posted:

If you have amazon prime, linking your twitch and amazon accounts will stop ads.

Oh, that might be what it is then. Prime supremacy.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

Actually they're unionized and are precisely professionals. You can argue the output doesn't look like it's done prefessionally and I'd largely agree, though.

It looks professional, it just looks like it's lighting for a play or something instead of a children's card game tournament.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

mailorder bees! posted:

Theres someone ive heard likes to sign in...ballpoint pen :barf: forgot who though

Both Rex and Reynolds did back when I was getting lots of stuff signed. I'm glad I didn't sacrifice any cards to them, just got their signatures/doodles on my mat.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
I liked the draft review segment hosted by LSV with Ben Friedman, where they showed the full packs for his first three picks and then switched to a sort of deck building type layout where they showed the curve of his deck and added his picks that made his deck into the main layout (kinda like an MTGO-ish layout). I don't think I've seen them do that before at a PT and it did a much better job of giving a full overview of what his deck looked like.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

I hate mixed-format PTs. I always show up really prepared for the slow dance but I'm just totally clueless in draft.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

Dehtraen posted:

I liked the draft review segment hosted by LSV with Ben Friedman, where they showed the full packs for his first three picks and then switched to a sort of deck building type layout where they showed the curve of his deck and added his picks that made his deck into the main layout (kinda like an MTGO-ish layout). I don't think I've seen them do that before at a PT and it did a much better job of giving a full overview of what his deck looked like.

It's an improvement over the one pro tour that had a huge light shining on the cards so that you couldn't even tell what they were.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Elyv posted:

p1p2 martin juza has the choice of nissa, magma spray, decimator beetle, maelstrom pulse

that's a pack

(apparently the p1p1 was trial of zeal)

I told you guys trial of zeal was nuts and better than most of the rares :c00lbert:

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
These bumper videos are dumb af but I gotta say the Professor seems like a cool rear end dude

TwistedNails
Dec 1, 2008

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Being a prime member owns, I haven't seen an ad since they let us start doing this.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Mono black zombies is a big deck at the PT? :getin:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

new perspectives combo vs mono black zombies. a tale as old as time

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0
Oh christ, it's happening.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
This deck takes 45 mins to win lol

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS
Well this enchantment will be banned after next week

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

M1G1 New Perspectives goes off. God blessed us.

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0

Hellsau posted:

M1G1 New Perspectives goes off. God blessed us.

In this time of darkness, bless his light.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

This is why my zombie deck runs lost legacy in the sideboard. My sideboard at the moment has 3/3 lost legacy and Dispossess.