Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Hahahaha.... copies vanishing online rapidly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Dehtraen posted:

There is no way this deck is good.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

mcmagic posted:

it's horrible, but it's sweet

e: ya like sickening said, if you cast a lost legacy, the game ends. this deck is not getting there with flying banisher priest beats

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0

Dehtraen posted:

What's insane is no one is buying Shadow, just New Perspectives. Both are rare 4 ofs.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

mcmagic posted:

The deck might be fine for a particular tournament IRL, but it's never going to be good online. It's made with a bunch of bad cards so it's cheap to build, but since it'll be the 'cheap deck' for this standard format everyone will have plenty of hate for it.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
Twitch remains absolute garbage as I can't go back to watch the previous match if I just tuned in.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

uPen posted:

Twitch remains absolute garbage as I can't go back to watch the previous match if I just tuned in.

You can though? Just check the vod.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

sit on my Facebook posted:

These bumper videos are dumb af but I gotta say the Professor seems like a cool rear end dude

On the other hand I watched an EDH video with Melissa de Tora and him that someone posted here and he seems like the biggest, snidest douchebag.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

it's horrible, but it's sweet

e: ya like sickening said, if you cast a lost legacy, the game ends. this deck is not getting there with flying banisher priest beats

The Drake Haven seems like a pretty fine plan B

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

GonSmithe posted:

On the other hand I watched an EDH video with Melissa de Tora and him that someone posted here and he seems like the biggest, snidest douchebag.

Playing EDH does that to a person.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

TheKingofSprings posted:

The Drake Haven seems like a pretty fine plan B

It dies to all the things they are bringing in to answer New Perspectives.

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
Why did he New Perspectives not fumigate there? Was he not able to?

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
And the dream dies with an incredibly greedy Perspective

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Dehtraen posted:

Why did he New Perspectives not fumigate there? Was he not able to?

He should have. He was playing around a Transgress.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Why bring in the Fumigates at all if you're not going to cast them in what appears to be a tailor made board state for them?

Edit: Yeah I can see wanting to play around Transgress, but in that case just don't sideboard and dilute your deck.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

whydirt posted:

Why bring in the Fumigates at all if you're not going to cast them in what appears to be a tailor made board state for them?

Edit: Yeah I can see wanting to play around Transgress, but in that case just don't sideboard and dilute your deck.

How do you not back to back fumigate to buy at least two turns?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I think it likely buys 3 at least due to lifegain and lack of haste

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god
Good thing I already pulled a couple New Perspectives. Here's hoping for lots of copies in T8 so I can unload them on Monday and buy something that's actually good!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are people making people play the NP combo out or do they just concede?

DangerDongs
Nov 7, 2010

Grimey Drawer
The deck seems really bad against control. Do they bring in a million counter spells and dilute their deck to the point of unplayability?

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

My fun deck has a serious chunk of day one. Little chance zombies isn't a FNM favorite. Good times.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

this stream is utter trash, I get to see several minutes of dead broadcasting and a blue curtain and then just as Rich comes back on it cuts to the same 2 adverts I keep seeing over and over.

How is this company still making money?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Mardu is still Mardu.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Are the zombies decks running new Lili?

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Soul Glo posted:

Maybe in the board? It's an aggro deck and she doesn't really fit that plan.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

Haven't seen it yet, but neither decks they faced would be a deck you would play her after game 1.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Ulamog is a fun card.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

mcmagic posted:

Maybe in the board? It's an aggro deck and she doesn't really fit that plan.

This was my thinking. Not sure that's what you want to be doing turn five in a turn dudes sideways deck.

Makes me feel better about not buying any, anyway. Maybe I can get one cheap for EDH zombies.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Soul Glo posted:

This was my thinking. Not sure that's what you want to be doing turn five in a turn dudes sideways deck.

Makes me feel better about not buying any, anyway. Maybe I can get one cheap for EDH zombies.

It should only be in against decks where the plus and minus are strong. I think its fine in some number vs mardu and its definitely fine against g/b.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
I see that twitch chat is still obsessed with Travis "Stoner Nazi" Woo

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

gently caress this stupid deck.

InterrupterJones
Nov 10, 2012

Me and the boys on the way to kill another demon god

mcmagic posted:

Ulamog is a fun card.

Even when cast with Marvel?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

mcmagic posted:

I will take a thousand dumb marvel decks over GBx/GWx/GWB value midrange hell decks

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
/\/\/\/\ extremely this

I feel like this metagame is ripe to be stomped on by a Counters and Sweepers control deck

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

GeneX posted:

I will take a thousand dumb marvel decks over GBx/GWx/GWB value midrange hell decks

This is a bad opinion.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

mcmagic posted:

It's like watching someone pulling on a slot machine that's going to just shoot you in the face 65% of the time

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

sit on my Facebook posted:

I feel like this metagame is ripe to be stomped on by a Counters and Sweepers control deck

Sweepers are still bad by development fiat.

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0
What are the payoffs for this Rite deck, exactly?

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
Travis Woo looks like a bad master Splinter cosplayer. He also looks like he smells like pee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madmarker
Jan 7, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

Sweepers are still bad by development fiat.

Truth............I would kill to see Wrath of God reprinted...let alone Damnation.

And again, we have a set with literal indestructible Gods who would flavorfully survive these wraths and it would make sense to have these cards reprinted in.....but no dice (and no, Invocations don't count)