Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ville Valo
Sep 17, 2004

I'm waiting for your call
and I'm ready to take
your six six six
in my heart

Drake_263 posted:

I love this shade of white, so clean!

Rakarth Flesh!

Lord Twisted posted:

Clean? Stop being rude about his Death Guard mate

I wanted a cleaner look than most out there. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

Just finished up my first squad of Beautiful Boys tonight. Feels good.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Lord_Hambrose posted:

These are great.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Very nice, don't see many in shiny purple. How did you paint them? I'm going to work on my cartoon EC this weekend.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

Very nice, don't see many in shiny purple. How did you paint them? I'm going to work on my cartoon EC this weekend.

Everything there is some variety of Scale75 colored metal, except for the eyes and hair. I could have done some highlights, but a light wash of Nuln Oil took it to a pleasant tabletop quality.

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Can someone send me a link to the slack if you're still using it? removed

Beerdeer fucked around with this message at 17:59 on May 10, 2017

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
Looking forward to seeing how my deimos executioners work in 8th. They might be spitting out a ton of plasma shots the way blast weapons are looking in 8th.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Personally, I'm excited for 7.5

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

chutche2 posted:

Looking forward to seeing how my deimos executioners work in 8th. They might be spitting out a ton of plasma shots the way blast weapons are looking in 8th.

I'm looking forward to seeing what my 6 man plasma cannon sky slayer crew can dump when they come in from deep strike.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
I look forward to having my entire IW army invalidated.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I'm looking forward to every single TS unit getting a buff.

Khenetai doing 80+ attacks with d3 wounds and -3 rend.
Ammitara picking out characters.
Sekhmet with cheapo combis.

HAIL. SATAN.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
If the power sword rules stick and calibanite war blades are the same thing but +1 strength, I'm so flippin excited.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Lamo, it probably will. Dark Angles can final be the best legion

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

DJ Dizzy posted:

I look forward to having my entire IW army invalidated.

:same:

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Are phoenix spears going to be off the hook in 8th?

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

tallkidwithglasses posted:

If the power sword rules stick and calibanite war blades are the same thing but +1 strength, I'm so flippin excited.
:same:

Also excited for terranic greatswords loving up everything.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
One thing I really like is no more snap shotting heavy weapons. Iron hands can load up on graviton guns but it's not super useful to do so without being relentless. Special weapon squads and immortals with graviton guns might finally be a thing.

Also please god let marksman vets with combis still be a thing with those new combi rules

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 12:55 on May 12, 2017

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

JBP posted:

Are phoenix spears going to be off the hook in 8th?

I hope they at least are a power sword that gives always strikes first, maybe +1 St on the charge.

So many changes coming :unsmith:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

chutche2 posted:

Also please god let marksman vets with combis still be a thing with those new combi rules

:pcgaming:

Oh, you brought a Character and hid him behind a squad? Excuse me while I nail him with 20 plasma shots and 20 bolter shots, because sniper vets. Kthnxbye

Seekers are going to be disgusting too. -1 BS would put them hitting on 3s, with the option to be firing their special ammo AND their plasma shots (because, obviously, you bought combiplasmas). Stuff is gonna die so hard.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I'd like to see if we get more focs with extra heavy support slots. I want to try a heavy weapon squad with my 5 HBs now that they're better vs marines but my heavy support slots as iron hands are super competitive

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

chutche2 posted:

I'd like to see if we get more focs with extra heavy support slots. I want to try a heavy weapon squad with my 5 HBs now that they're better vs marines but my heavy support slots as iron hands are super competitive

We're probably gonna be using 7th and the red books for the rest of 2017. I wouldn't burn everything down to the roots quite yet dude.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

tallkidwithglasses posted:

We're probably gonna be using 7th and the red books for the rest of 2017. I wouldn't burn everything down to the roots quite yet dude.

Not sure what you mean by that? I built 5 HB guys because I had the weapons and bought a big order of third party legs, I just haven't used them because they're bad in 7th. I'm saying it'd be nice to have the slots to use them now that they're better at fighting marines. Really don't get what you're trying to imply by "don't burn down the roots".

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

chutche2 posted:

Not sure what you mean by that? I built 5 HB guys because I had the weapons and bought a big order of third party legs, I just haven't used them because they're bad in 7th. I'm saying it'd be nice to have the slots to use them now that they're better at fighting marines. Really don't get what you're trying to imply by "don't burn down the roots".

Don't get start going crazy preparing for 8th because it likely won't happen in 30k for quite some time. Should I re-write this in a easier to understand format?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Hixson posted:

Don't get start going crazy preparing for 8th because it likely won't happen in 30k for quite some time. Should I re-write this in a easier to understand format?

What part of me owning 5 HB marines since before 8th was announced is me going crazy preparing for 8th exactly?

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

chutche2 posted:

What part of me owning 5 HB marines since before 8th was announced is me going crazy preparing for 8th exactly?

Even thinking about Horus Heresy and its sweet models is too much excitement.

Remember the three D's of Warhammer:

Don't build
Don't paint
Don't play

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

chutche2 posted:

You seem like a really normal, well adjusted person

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Hixson posted:

You seem like a really normal, well adjusted person

Thanks! So do you.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
Someone gas this loving hug box already. Mods!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Ok quick knight question:
They have four symbols for the carapace: the eye of horus, imperial eagle, mechanicus cog, and then a weird wreathed skull. What's the last skull a symbol of?

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

we had it coming.
Wreathed skulls are honour badges for a lot of Imperium factions. Because grimdark, yo.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Huh. Ok, I thought there was some mysterious fourth faction I'd overlooked in my (admittedly brief) reading of the fluff.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

Even thinking about Horus Heresy and its sweet models is too much excitement.

Remember the three D's of Warhammer:

Don't build
Don't paint
Don't play

How did you miss the 4th D?

Don't have fun

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

moths posted:

Ok quick knight question:
They have four symbols for the carapace: the eye of horus, imperial eagle, mechanicus cog, and then a weird wreathed skull. What's the last skull a symbol of?

Usually represents a Freeblade Knight, I think.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

panascope posted:

Don't build
Don't paint
Don't play

For the Warmaster!

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

moths posted:

Huh. Ok, I thought there was some mysterious fourth faction I'd overlooked in my (admittedly brief) reading of the fluff.

Blackshields

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Every time I see the word "warmaster" my brain reads "warhamster"

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

Endman posted:

Every time I see the word "warmaster" my brain reads "warhamster"

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

quote:

What have been proven is that some players don't like the 7th edition and that's it.
The reasons for that are manifold.
While some players simply never understood it and struggled with to many rules other are fascinated by the opportunity to play a new Version while there players who only or most of the time anyway play against 40k armies and are forced to play in the new edition.

But not all players hate the 7th and not all are happy about the changes.
I for instance really like the actual Edition and don't need a new one because I enjoy a game with many rules with a delicate micromanagement. It never occurred to me that it is complicated because, well, it isn't :) and I really see it that way that GW wants to get new customers. A new generation of players. And those people are not capable of or not willing to learn several rules just to play a game of little dolls. That is the generation of young lads which grew up whith smartphones on their hands whith everything chewep up for them in advance so that everything they want is easy to get and easy to understand.
You saw that in roleplaying games, in Computer games, in tv shows and in every possible point in our lives.
And Now we get a new edition which is just that: simple.
Don't get me wrong.
I really really like lots of what we have seen from the 8th and I am sure that that will be a very pleasent game to play.
But am I sold on that I have to play with it?
That it is so much better than the 7th that there is no other logical option as to switch?
No, not at all.
Until now there where some things I really liked and some things I didn't like at all about it and only testing the full new rules + full rules for my HH army can show me if I gonna switch.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
drat kids and ther smartphones :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
Fuckin millenials and their participation trophies!!!!