Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zakmonster
Apr 15, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Please tell me how to build the Human Soldier (I assume you're talking about the Human Soldier) because I've been trying to level him all night and :negative: He's just... so, so loving boring compared to my level 20 Human Vanguard...

5 Concussive Shot (4x/5a)
3 Frag Grenade
6 Turbocharge (4x/5a/6x)
6 Munitions Training (4b/5b/6a)
6 Combat Fitness (4a/5a/6a)

For CS, either of the 4th rank evolutions work.

For Turbocharge, how you spec depends on what weapon you're using. Using something with a big clip (Revenant, Ghost*, Cyclone)? Duration over recharge because you want to empty your clip. Using something with a smaller clip (Thokin, Piranha, Sidewinder, Hurricane**)? Recharge over duration, because time spent reloading is going to eat up the extra duration anyway. Note that Duration will give you slightly more uptime on TC.

For Rank 5, only take 5b if you're using something with horrendous recoil, like the Revenant or the Soned. Otherwise, 5a is always better.

6a for weapon with big clips, 6b for weapons with smaller clips.

How you play is you put on an ammo booster, shoot things until they get primed (10 bullets on average), hit them with CS. Repeat process. Throw Frag at harder targets (don't bother trying to aim for clusters, they generally move too fast) or at things behind cover. Requires full-auto weapon with good RoF (at least 600).

*This is probably the best weapon for the Soldier right now.
**Hurricane has a decently sized clip but its crazy RoF means you empty it out really fast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I did luck out and get the Ghost, actually, and I love the drat thing. Thanks a great deal, I'll give that a try when I'm able to play next. I ran through a few of the other rifles on him while I was playing to get a feel for them. The P.A.W was pretty good for priming stuff for CS, if a little lacking in damage, and the Sweeper was just loving miserable to use, I hate semi-auto burst rifles.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Official terrible game purchaser of the SomethingAwful forums.
I got the Ghost rifle as well and it has an ammo capacity of 94 before reloading with however I've got my Turian Havoc set up. It tore through the Kett on silver which all I could ask for in an assault rifle.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I was trying out my turian soldier last night with a revenant and it felt crappier than I remember. It's only III but I can't see it getting much better. The Thokin feels worse now too. The Sandstorm on the other hand seems way better than I remember. I miss the double ammo bug :(

Some Zero
Sep 23, 2009
Krogan Merc with 10 flak shells and a soned was destroying gold lettering last night. gently caress it was so much fun it was like a different game.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Yeah the Krogan characters just felt a bit awkward and not really capable of what you'd expect from a 9' frog in power armour. Even the biotic classes never seemed that great

The mercenary is definitely the best Krogan though even if he doesn't chuckle to himself

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

Some Zero posted:

Krogan Merc with 10 flak shells and a soned was destroying gold lettering last night. gently caress it was so much fun it was like a different game.

Oh my God is the Soned so much fun now. I'm using it on my Shootmans-Turian and it's basically a Revenant on crack. You cant help but scream like heavy weapons guy as you mercilessly mow down enemies without taking cover.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
For Human Soldier turbo builds- Revenant or Soned? AR Stock X or Magazine II Mod? Backup up pistol (thinking Ulshor I).

Thanks!

Thor-Stryker
Nov 11, 2005

highmodulus posted:

For Human Soldier turbo builds- Revenant or Soned? AR Stock X or Magazine II Mod? Backup up pistol (thinking Ulshor I).

Thanks!

With the new buffs, the Soned is a direct upgrade to Revenant/X5 as long as you stay at medium or closer range.
The kickback on the Soned isn't that bad as its accuracy is the issue. Might as well take the magazine mod for more shootmans fun.

You also don't really need a backup pistol since the Soned reloads really fast and you'll be moving around alot to ammo containers whilst leaving a trail of dead bodies in your wake.

highmodulus
Feb 16, 2011

Let's go crazy Broadway style!
Excellent- thanks I made those changes using the App. I am using the Thermal Clip Storage as well for maximum "Get to da choppa" fun. I do have the the Combat powers and AR buff as well, not sure which is ultimately the best approach.

TipsyMcStagger
Apr 13, 2013

This isn't where
I parked my car...
played last night for the first time in week, HuVan was just getting roasted by sharpshooters, think I'll play against kett or something else.

Did they nerf melee? it seemed my biotic punching wasn't doing as good.

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

TipsyMcStagger posted:

played last night for the first time in week, HuVan was just getting roasted by sharpshooters, think I'll play against kett or something else.

Did they nerf melee? it seemed my biotic punching wasn't doing as good.

Most outlaw's shields and armor got buffed, Barrier got nerfed. Sharpshooters are deadly as gently caress now.

Definitely harder to vanguard post-patch.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

lemonadesweetheart posted:

I was trying out my turian soldier last night with a revenant and it felt crappier than I remember. It's only III but I can't see it getting much better. The Thokin feels worse now too. The Sandstorm on the other hand seems way better than I remember. I miss the double ammo bug :(
If you were abusing the ammo bug everything will be crappier than you remember!

I'm not a fan of the Revenant, it sprays like gently caress and the damage is only so so even when you're landing hits. Try the Raptor, the little sniper that could is still one of the best ARs in the game even after the AR buff.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

tooterfish posted:

If you were abusing the ammo bug everything will be crappier than you remember!

I'm not a fan of the Revenant, it sprays like gently caress and the damage is only so so even when you're landing hits. Try the Raptor, the little sniper that could is still one of the best ARs in the game even after the AR buff.

I didn't use it exclusively but maybe because I've been playing infiltrators a lot lately I forgot how weak ARs are because i've been using snipers.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

The revenant was mediocre before the patch and was not touched by it, so yeah it's still not going to impress

The only sniper rifle they nerfed was the vanquisher, so the black widow and such are still the way to go. I used the soned on my turian soldier and found it taking ~40 bullets to kill a gold observer, while still not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. I ended up using my "backup" raptor for the second half of the game because it performed so much better. Soned is still crap for its absurd weight, just less crap than before.

Owl Inspector fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 12, 2017

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Was the revenant any good in single player? I've used it in multiplayer and it feels more like an SMG

WanderingKid
Feb 27, 2005

lives here...

Digirat posted:

The only sniper rifle they nerfed was the vanquisher, so the black widow and such are still the way to go. I used the soned on my turian soldier and found it taking ~40 bullets to kill a gold observer, while still not being able to hit the broad side of a barn. I ended up using my "backup" raptor for the second half of the game because it performed so much better. Soned is still crap for its absurd weight, just less crap than before.

I still end up using Vanquisher on alot of characters because Black Widow has a weight of like 55 so screw that for anything that cares about cooldowns.

Khizan
Jul 30, 2013

Kaysette posted:

Definitely harder to vanguard post-patch.

I'm a fan of this, honestly.

I feel like it was too easy to Vanguard it up before the patch. Every game I joined had at least one Vanguard in it who was just crushing the entire map as an invincible flying punchgod. It was frustrating in a "why am I even here?" sense where being not-a-Vanguard basically made me feel superfluous.

Houdini posted:

Was the revenant any good in single player? I've used it in multiplayer and it feels more like an SMG

It's basically just an SMG in AR clothing. I don't particularly care for it myself. The Valkyrie was my singleplayer workhorse gun.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Is the MP down or is it just my game playing up?

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Hornet actually does damage now. Don't feel so bad about having it at 3 and Equalizer at 1.

Stupid Rozerad 3 is still mostly useless :argh:

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Oh my god, someone with Annihilation priming for Shockwave makes for such a wonderful set of explosions. Biotics are so fun now!

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

The hornet is easily my favorite pistol at the moment, although I don't have the also-buffed Hornet/Eagle.
The KroEngineer is a powerhouse now - incinerate + overload are incredibly effective and her massive weight capacity lets you bring basically any weapon you want. Even the Turret is a useful tool now.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The hornet is easily my favorite pistol at the moment, although I don't have the also-buffed Hornet/Eagle.

The ROF is still bugged on the hornet due to the burst fire animation, but with triple the damage and actually having pretty good accuracy, it's been a great backup pistol.

Frush
Jun 26, 2008

Ein Sexmonster posted:

The KroEngineer is a powerhouse now - incinerate + overload are incredibly effective and her massive weight capacity lets you bring basically any weapon you want. Even the Turret is a useful tool now.

Yeah, agreed. But while I've been leveling it up I have to wonder what an actual good build would be. You'd lose out on a lot by going into the Rage tree for the shields/health, but you're very squishy if you don't. I also like have the turret able to prime since combos are much better now.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Wilekat posted:

Oh my god, someone with Annihilation priming for Shockwave makes for such a wonderful set of explosions. Biotics are so fun now!

Shockwave has always been able to detonate multiple explosions. But each 'pulse' can only detonate one, so the enemies have to be placed just right.

Or does it set off all at once now?

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Pulling a mook and then detonating with shockwave is hilarious.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The Sweeper is really good now... :stare:

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Houdini posted:

Good as in functional? Because as 'good' as the Vindicator was in ME3 burst fire weapons are always a little lacking.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Error 404 posted:

Pulling a mook and then detonating with shockwave is hilarious.

I'm still a big fan of a Seismic Nova primer followed by a Charge detonation in midair for maximum distance.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Houdini posted:

The Scatter shot is pretty decent too, Remnant weapons are p cool.

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

Rick_Hunter posted:

Good as in functional? Because as 'good' as the Vindicator was in ME3 burst fire weapons are always a little lacking.

It'll fire as fast as you cal pull the trigger (or click a mouse) and does pretty decent damage. I've been using it on a Salarian
Architect on silver with decent results.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Two Finger posted:

Shockwave has always been able to detonate multiple explosions. But each 'pulse' can only detonate one, so the enemies have to be placed just right.

Or does it set off all at once now?

It still works like it used to, but because combos do so much more damage now it's basically always worth flinging. It's very odd getting Gold credit for Biotic kills as a HuVan. That was really not a thing for me before, but I like it a lot.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Wilekat posted:

It still works like it used to, but because combos do so much more damage now it's basically always worth flinging. It's very odd getting Gold credit for Biotic kills as a HuVan. That was really not a thing for me before, but I like it a lot.

Yeah in me3 there was literally no reason to take it with the shared cooldown, but with it being an extra detonator for free it's actually quite useful

Houdini
Sep 13, 2007

The Remnant VI is the biggest kill stealer ever. Having it at rank 6 with the missiles that detonate powers is like having a fifth person on your team though.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Human adept is my jam and this update has owned.
Like, I am not the best player. At best I'm average. I am the filthiest of casuals.

I dont know if its just the power buffs and ar tweaks, or something is finally 'clicking' here, but Im consistently placing 1st or 2nd in gold pugs now. With a humadept. With an Avenger X ("just one more fight with that lovely rifle").

Its fuckin great!

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Error 404 posted:

Human adept is my jam and this update has owned.
Like, I am not the best player. At best I'm average. I am the filthiest of casuals.

I dont know if its just the power buffs and ar tweaks, or something is finally 'clicking' here, but Im consistently placing 1st or 2nd in gold pugs now. With a humadept. With an Avenger X ("just one more fight with that lovely rifle").

Its fuckin great!

Whats your build

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I think it's fine to max assault turret instead of rage on KroEng. 6/6/6/4/4 should be fine, that's how I'm rolling. I never got her into rage much before, and the turret is definitely good now.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I'm going 46664 instead on my KroEng.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

precision posted:

I think it's fine to max assault turret instead of rage on KroEng. 6/6/6/4/4 should be fine, that's how I'm rolling. I never got her into rage much before, and the turret is definitely good now.
Yea, I think that's right - the flamethrower on the turret does serious damage now, it gets nice and tanky, and you can reposition it much more readily/instantly recast it if it dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I'm skipping rage on my krogan engineer because I'm donatello

• Locked thread