Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

NO_CARRIER posted:

What are the payoffs for this Rite deck, exactly?

Cutthroat and Ormandhal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

black potus
Jul 13, 2006
Somebody sneak force of will into a cardfile, then marvel will be cool.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

NO_CARRIER posted:

What are the payoffs for this Rite deck, exactly?

It's basically an aristocrats deck.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Just reprint supreme verdict in hour of devastation

hell, reprint sphinx's rev as well

bring back elixer control

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
The predicted decklist didn't have any cutthroats, just bontu, yahenni and walking ballista as payoffs. Looks fun though.

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0

Fingers McLongDong posted:

The predicted decklist didn't have any cutthroats, just bontu, yahenni and walking ballista as payoffs. Looks fun though.

I saw a Cutthroat on the table at some point, though.

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Madmarker posted:

Truth............I would kill to see Wrath of God reprinted...let alone Damnation.

And again, we have a set with literal indestructible Gods who would flavorfully survive these wraths and it would make sense to have these cards reprinted in.....but no dice (and no, Invocations don't count)

A cheaper wrath would be cool but it wouldn't do anything about how many threats can dodge sorcery speed destruction. I think something like Rout, Merciless Eviction, or Planar Cleansing would be better for Standard right now than Wrath or Damnation.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

NO_CARRIER posted:

I saw a Cutthroat on the table at some point, though.

Those predicted lists are usually a bit off. I can't see why the deck wouldn't want cutthroat so I'm sure you're right.

NO_CARRIER
May 1, 2003
ATH0

Those predicted lists are usually a bit off. I can't see why the deck wouldn't want cutthroat so I'm sure you're right.

Where have you seen the predicted list?

mailorder bees
Nov 4, 2011

FLUFFERNUTTER

GeneX posted:

Just reprint supreme verdict in hour of devastation

hell, reprint sphinx's rev as well

bring back elixer control

oh please no. EVERYTHING went to time that year.

kirtar
Sep 11, 2011

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

mailorder bees! posted:

I only ever went to time in the mirror. Granted one of those was game 1 going like 47 minutes because my opponent didn't realize he was completely and utterly screwed after he didn't make his fifth land drop until like turn 9 and got 2 jaces syncopated. Number of revelations resolved for opponent 1 (for 1). Number resolved for me: don't even remember but it was 3+ and I had an unremovable Keranos out (all Detention Spheres + Banishing Lights used, Deicide countered).

kirtar fucked around with this message at 22:19 on May 12, 2017

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Smashing Link posted:

We definitely need a well-costed answer to Planeswalkers. How about 3RB, destroy target planeswalkers, deal damage equal to its loyalty counters to each creature that player controls.

I mean Planar Cleansing would probably see at least sideboard play.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 12, 2017

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

NO_CARRIER posted:

Where have you seen the predicted list?

Mtggoldfish always does them based on observations and information gathered before the official lists are shown. They're usually pretty close.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer

Angry Grimace posted:

They should just have a 2WB card named "Hour of Devastation" that destroys all creatures.

Even 3RB "destroy all creatures and planeswalkers" would be useful since Planeswalkers would be nice because Planeswalkers have a tendency to dominate board states and even poop out dudes.

We definitely need a well-costed answer to Planeswalkers. How about 3RB, destroy target planeswalkers, deal damage equal to its loyalty counters to each creature that player controls.

edit:
maybe 2RB would be better costed

Smashing Link fucked around with this message at 22:22 on May 12, 2017

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

mailorder bees! posted:

It's not my fault they won't concede in the mirror when I have more Countefluxes than they have win cons.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Mtggoldfish always does them based on observations and information gathered before the official lists are shown. They're usually pretty close.

I checked there but didn't see the Rite deck :/

Edit: now I do

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

black potus posted:

Somebody sneak force of will into a cardfile, then marvel will be cool.

It wouldn't. Blue control decks already beat Marvel regularly.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

mcmagic posted:

It wouldn't. Blue control decks already beat Marvel regularly.

Yeah, control is already a terrible matchup for Marvel.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
The BW zombies list has no relentless dead so I guess it's cheaper. Standard looks to have a few budget friendly decks this season.

Tortilla Maker
Dec 13, 2005
Un Desmadre A Toda Madre

The BW zombies list has no relentless dead so I guess it's cheaper. Standard looks to have a few budget friendly decks this season.

What was the non-Wayward Zombie gold card in that deck?

Edit: Anguished Unmaking

Tortilla Maker fucked around with this message at 22:39 on May 12, 2017

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Tortilla Maker posted:

What was the non-Wayward Zombie gold card in that deck?

Edit: Anguished Unmaking

Anguished Unmaking.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream

Dual lands are more expensive than swamps.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

moush posted:

Dual lands are more expensive than swamps.

Concealed Courtyard is $3. (Unhinged) Swamp is $7.60. Check your facts. :smug:

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Concealed Courtyard is $3. (Unhinged) Swamp is $7.60. Check your facts. :smug:

APAC Japanese swamp best swamp.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I mean a playset of concealed courtyard costs the same as a single relentless dead but yeah I guess

Dehtraen
Jul 30, 2004

Keep the faith alive
These two decks (Jund Gods & RW Humans) seem to be playing on a totally lower level compared to everything else we've seen on stream today.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I love watching these games where the Marvel player draws 2 Ulamogs off the top and Marvels into just garbage... But I never get to watch them from across the table for some reason...

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Maybe running a single copy of sweltering suns in the main would be a good idea

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
I heard the new Pro-Mattes from Ultra Pro were better than KMC now, but I'm not sure I bought the right ones. They still have the little holo mark in the bottom right, although they do feel better than the old ones. While I'm on the subject, is there a particular inner sleeve that works better? Anyone know?

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

How many Gearhulks have been on camera today?

muon
Sep 13, 2008

by Reene

myDad posted:

I heard the new Pro-Mattes from Ultra Pro were better than KMC now, but I'm not sure I bought the right ones. They still have the little holo mark in the bottom right, although they do feel better than the old ones. While I'm on the subject, is there a particular inner sleeve that works better? Anyone know?
Did you buy Pro-Matte Eclipse or regular Pro-Mattes? The former is what's getting the good reviews.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

myDad posted:

Still not as good as matted Dragonshields.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

muon posted:

Did you buy Pro-Matte Eclipse or regular Pro-Mattes? The former is what's getting the good reviews.

Ah thank you!

AlternateNu posted:

I use those for EDH but prefer KMC thus far for 60-card decks

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I have three words.

gently caress
Ari
Lax

He's the only real "pro" I've interacted with, (it was at PT Fate Reforged), and just his mannerisms and how he presented himself made me want to punch him in the face.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

AlternateNu posted:

The differences are so small between the two that the only difference is dumb brand loyalty.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Sickening posted:

The differences are so small between the two that the only difference is dumb brand loyalty.

I can get DShields for about $8.50 per 100ct. I mean, if they're cheaper, I'm willing to try the new HyperMattes.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Sickening posted:

Yep, the eclipses are great. I bought 2 packs after the TCC video and they're great and double sleeve as easily as KMC. You can also find them online for $6 per 80-count pack, so there's no reason to get KMC hyper mattes anymore since their quality dropped.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

AlternateNu posted:

I have three words.

gently caress
Ari
Lax

He's the only real "pro" I've interacted with, (it was at PT Fate Reforged), and just his mannerisms and how he presented himself made me want to punch him in the face.

I've heard that people are nicer at PT's than they are at like Day 2 of a GP or the final rounds of an open. Not that I would know how people are at PT's... :(

LOL 3 Ulamogs in hand.

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 01:25 on May 13, 2017

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Whole lotta Marvel misses today, Christ.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gwrtheyrn
Oct 21, 2010

AYYYE DEEEEE DUBBALYOO DA-NYAAAAAH!
Presumably people are nicer at PTs because odds are people at the PT run into each other a lot more often than they run into random people at GPs, so being an rear end doesn't work out well for them in the long run.