Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

I'm still irrationally annoyed about the title change. "Rock That Body" is a great title, "Rough Night" is as boring and generic as you can get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
It's weird that the first thing I notice about the Transformers poster is the title treatment, right? Has a weird off-brand look to it, like if you were rebooting the franchise.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Maxwell Lord posted:

It's weird that the first thing I notice about the Transformers poster is the title treatment, right? Has a weird off-brand look to it, like if you were rebooting the franchise.

When in doubt, say soft reboot.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Wonder which one is playing the pig? Either way, glad to see this Steve Bannon biopic is going ahead.

flashy_mcflash fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 11, 2017

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

lelandjs posted:

I'm still irrationally annoyed about the title change. "Rock That Body" is a great title, "Rough Night" is as boring and generic as you can get.

Rock That Body is also a lovely title for a "girl's night out" movie imo, unless she get's into some kind of dancing contest or something where the rocking of the body is plot-significant.

Otherwise it just reads like "party movie where nothing bad happens" to me.

In my opinion, Rough Night is the better title.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I presumed that the body in the title would be a corpse.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
Points for not having all-caps red text though.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Powaqoatse posted:

Rock That Body is also a lovely title for a "girl's night out" movie imo, unless she get's into some kind of dancing contest or something where the rocking of the body is plot-significant.

Party girls accidentally kill a stripper and Weekend at Bernie's shenanigans ensue. Rock That Body is the perfect title.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

oh gently caress

i forgot that it's Very Bad Things, and i knew it was that!

For some reason i was thinking more like a generic good times go bad and Scarlett Johansson has to go home alone in the dark, "stupidly" etc

"Rock That Body" is a great title

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Powaqoatse posted:

oh gently caress

For some reason i was thinking more like a generic good times go bad and Scarlett Johansson has to go home alone in the dark, "stupidly" etc

Huh, I had written it off as a Bad Moms type.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

Inzombiac posted:

Huh, I had written it off as a Bad Moms type.

yea exactly the same, even though i saw another trailer that spells out way too much earlier

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

seriously, has harold pinter been put in charge of naming comedies now?

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
The home video version will be soft-retitled "Live. Night. Repeat."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Huge slam on Harold Pinter out of nowhere

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It looks like a Night at the Museum focused exclusively on the gift shop.

Those are some gorgeous floor tiles, though.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Someone please inform poor young Oakes Fegley that stage names are allowed.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Aphrodite posted:

Someone please inform poor young Oakes Fegley that stage names are allowed.

Maybe they just love plants

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

See, that's a spoiler I can appreciate.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

But if Paul is dead, then how can tell his tale?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

You simply have to be kidding.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What the gently caress

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Get John's kid, George's Kid, and Ringo in there too while we are at it

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

much wow
Oh god loving damnit

Wait, I just looked it up on IMDB and he's playing "Jail Guard 2". Why the gently caress would they make a poster for a character named Jail Guard 2?

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Because the guy playing him is Paul McCartney.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Pissflaps posted:

Because the guy playing him is Paul McCartney.
Yeah but what other movies have posters for cameo roles?

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.
Please God let another jailer be too aggressive with a prisoner and McCartney break it up and look straight into the camera and say " Oh just...LET IT BE"

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

"You should've given up piracy yesterday you need to get back to the straight and narrow. All you need is love, dig it?"
-jail guard 2

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I can't believe I'll just be able to log on an watch this the moment it comes out instead of waiting for my local film festival to roll around.
What a time to be alive.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

FreudianSlippers posted:

"You should've given up piracy yesterday you need to get back to the straight and narrow. All you need is love, dig it?"
-jail guard 2

He helps Jack Sparrow escape by revealing his experimental underwater ship that he painted the color of sunflowers.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
I hope I'm not still a jail guard when I'm 64

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.
Jack Sparrow says goodbye (to freedom), but Prison Guard 2 says hello.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

He won't just be any prison guard 2. He'll get clothes that makes him stand out from the other guards. He'll get more than five lines of dialogue. And when Johnny Depp finally get away, the camera will linger enough so that you can catch his reaction, a combination of resignation and relief

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Vegetable posted:

He won't just be any prison guard 2. He'll get clothes that makes him stand out from the other guards. He'll get more than five lines of dialogue. And when Johnny Depp finally get away, the camera will linger enough so that you can catch his reaction, a combination of resignation and relief

And anyone who doesn't know or recognize Paul McCartney will wonder, "Who is this terrible actor and why do they keep cutting back to him?"

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Ringo will play a talking shark.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Powaqoatse posted:

oh gently caress

they are both stupid terrible titles and even before it got changed I saw it and immediately got mad that it did not have the objectively correct title for this movie (and the title the script originally had):

Move That Body

it has the same meaning as "Rock That Body" w/r/t dancing and having fun and also describes the literal plot of the movie. It Is Perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

And anyone who doesn't know or recognize Paul McCartney will wonder, "Who is this terrible actor and why do they keep cutting back to him?"

They'll probably come really close to spelling it out for you who he is. Just how like the BTTF cameo in A Million Ways to Die in the West not only had Christoper Lloyd clearly referencing BTTF3. No, no, it also had the iconic music. And if that wasn't enough, they had to end it with him exclaiming "Great Scott!". Get it, get it, get it?!

I hate you so much Seth MacFarlane

Edit: It would have been hilarious if The Force Awakens had a poster for Daniel Craig's cameo, since he's just another Stormtrooper.

Mierenneuker fucked around with this message at 08:56 on May 14, 2017