Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Kicked in trial Bahamut's head. Hit the same no mega flare glitch which is fine with me. Firion, Sakura, Y'sholta, Marie and friend Noctis. No Esper kill but whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
All of these trust moogles with no guarantee if getting any of the units is annoying. At least the Ifrit raid you knew you'd eventually get them all.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Armitage posted:

Got Leon from my free pull. His TM seems cool.

I'm going to see a lot of the Crimson Blood TM in this event, huh? Let me see if Reberta is a prize... oh wait the Achievement Status button is not working.

This came up the last two raids. It works.

It just takes forever to load properly.

ELT Raid Shadow Bahamas melts now that I have a 722 ATK Orlandeu. More TMs are baking, at about 20% each. Switch Controls on an old phone work great. :getin:

Trial Bahamut... ouch. That is all.

CyberLord XP posted:

Kicked in trial Bahamut's head. Hit the same no mega flare glitch which is fine with me. Firion, Sakura, Y'sholta, Marie and friend Noctis. No Esper kill but whatever.

How do you engage this glitch? Is it activated by tears?

Should I switch my friend character from Marie to Orlandeu? 722 ATK.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

I think if you don't attack when he's gathering the light later he won't Megaflare you.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
My retarded luck continues as I pull a Roberto from the daily. I was praying it wasn't a banner rainbow but I really have no room to complain.

I also got the no Megaflare glitch on the trial.

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009
Cleared up some friend slots for anyone who wants an ELT raid carry.

Not sure how consistent it is but I killed him a couple times without any buffs/debuffs with just Fryevia using frost flower blitz in 4 turns. With a MAG buff and SPR debuff should be easily able to kill him in 2-3 turns with Fryevia alone.

Edit: Swapped out a LA for dragon killer and now she solos ELT in 3 turns.

Fiss fucked around with this message at 23:04 on May 12, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I'm now at 11 off-banner golds in a row. My daily today was a Mercedes, and a ticket was a Soleil. I'm sure this game hates me at this point.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Raid Bahamut is easy, because he can be MAG broken. Bring friend Orlandu, break weapon, laugh at his pitiful attempts to hurt you. Generally takes me 3-4 rounds to kill him, but if I have Orlandu breaking his weapons and Minfilia boosting my spr he can't touch me.

Trial Bahamut, on the other hand, cannot be MAG broken, and I don't have the HP to survive. Sadness, it looks like I won't be getting those rewards.

Bring a friend Orlandu and you can OHKO him if you go all-in on offense. Lean heavily on a whale Orlandu buddy if you don't have excalibur and dual wield. Though durandal and dual wield is probably still plenty since your whale buddy (900+ atk) will get to do a murderchain of their own regardless of your Orlandu's damage. Give your Orlandu Odin as well for the Dragon Killer passive.

disclaimer: My Orlandu's sitting at 924atk (with a Ribbon) and I usually bring 900+atk buddies, but I also do around 6-7m damage with zero buffs and only the Orlandu DR chain. :black101:

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Ratmtattat posted:

I'm now at 11 off-banner golds in a row. My daily today was a Mercedes, and a ticket was a Soleil. I'm sure this game hates me at this point.

This was me during the Freyjia / Xon banner including two offbanner rainbows. When the gatcha decides you aren't getting a banner character it sticks to its guns :negative: then I got a Xon on a half pull on the next banner

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Scrublord Prime posted:

This was me during the Freyjia / Xon banner including two offbanner rainbows. When the gatcha decides you aren't getting a banner character it sticks to its guns :negative: then I got a Xon on a half pull on the next banner

:hfive: 1/2 pull Xon on the following banner buddy. Did you also sell off all of your extra Patches moogles the day before?

I eventually got one on the Xon banner but it took something like 8 or 9 gold crystals. Patches hangs out in storage with Xon when he isn't needed for breaking a fight's mechanics.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Overkilled on healing/mitigation with DC Refia/DC Y'sh/DC Cecil/Friend Marie and had my Olive blow him up. Never in doubt. Screw the Esper kill, got the rest.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Evil Fluffy posted:

Bring a friend Orlandu and you can OHKO him if you go all-in on offense. Lean heavily on a whale Orlandu buddy if you don't have excalibur and dual wield. Though durandal and dual wield is probably still plenty since your whale buddy (900+ atk) will get to do a murderchain of their own regardless of your Orlandu's damage. Give your Orlandu Odin as well for the Dragon Killer passive.

disclaimer: My Orlandu's sitting at 924atk (with a Ribbon) and I usually bring 900+atk buddies, but I also do around 6-7m damage with zero buffs and only the Orlandu DR chain. :black101:

I don't have an orlandu, or any other unit able to do large amounts of damage. Best I have is a Noctis and 2 setzers.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

:hfive: 1/2 pull Xon on the following banner buddy. Did you also sell off all of your extra Patches moogles the day before?

I eventually got one on the Xon banner but it took something like 8 or 9 gold crystals. Patches hangs out in storage with Xon when he isn't needed for breaking a fight's mechanics.

Nah, I saw your or somebody else's post that did and knew if that happened to me I'd put my phone/fist/face through a wall. I still have a set for Freyjia's Needle and at the rate this event is going I'll have another for Firion and Reberta's TMR too!

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

CyberLord XP posted:

Might need to hear about this glitch because so far he's just cast it turn 2 on me every attempt

Like is this even doable god drat

Guy Farting
Jul 28, 2003

has vegetable salty
nice my olive hits raid elt for 4.5million after a double setzer chain

add me if you need 1000atk olive

will kick randos off friend list if needed

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

The esper kill is easy. Fill your esper summon bar, then get him down low. Slowly whittle away at him with normal attacks until there is just a sliver left, a single red pixel. If you gently caress it up and kill him, force close the app and reset the turn. Summon Odin for the kill.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Ron Paul Atreides posted:

Might need to hear about this glitch because so far he's just cast it turn 2 on me every attempt

Like is this even doable god drat

Sorry, he always does one on the second turn. Just he didn't do them at all after that.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Cartoon Man posted:

The esper kill is easy. Fill your esper summon bar, then get him down low. Slowly whittle away at him with normal attacks until there is just a sliver left, a single red pixel. If you gently caress it up and kill him, force close the app and reset the turn. Summon Odin for the kill.

I had to force close my app like 18 times because of Olive and her Mortar firing again when you resume from a force close.

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
Welp, I dunno if I can field a tanky enough team for trial bahamut, but my Olive's kicking ELT's teeth in. Stacked poach + Odin's dragonkiller is no joke. Gonna get a lot more raid pulls than I was able to on the Ifrit banner, and there's burst pots to be had this time! Eat the pots Olive. Eat them all.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

thanks to the burst pots from the eggs event my olive is at burst level 12 so these puny burst pots barely move the needle :shobon:

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I had the opposite glitch happen where he gathered light and then fired megaflare off on the same turn :negative:

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

McSpankWich posted:

I had the opposite glitch happen where he gathered light and then fired megaflare off on the same turn :negative:

poo poo is so bugged. My goondolences to y'all who blew 40 energy and got a bugged run.

e: Just saw this on the wiki:

quote:

Based on an analysis of the AI, Shadow Bahamut will never use Megaflare again if you knock Shadow Bahamut to the 40% threshold on your 2nd, 5th, 8th turn (or any multiple of 3 minus 1).

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 00:53 on May 13, 2017

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
After 3 attempts at doing bahamut trial today I am throwing in the towel. I don't have a whale team, and I don't have hardly any TMs. Even using guard order on minfilia turn 1 and guarding with everyone else his first megaflare kills everyone except Noctis and Y'shtola, and I don't have the ability to bring people back and heal fast enough to recover. Even a friend olive with 5k health died to that megaflare.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

^^^ My Olive took over 12k damage from megaflare since they weren't guarding. It looks like if you don't have 6k or more HP you need to have SPR in the mid 200s to maybe not die even with a SPR buff up. Even my Refia, who has around 470 SPR, can die from full HP sometimes unless she guards. It's a ridiculously powerful attack.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I don't have an orlandu, or any other unit able to do large amounts of damage. Best I have is a Noctis and 2 setzers.

Run both setzers to elemental chain for Noctis and a buff buddy Olive.

Guy Farting posted:

nice my olive hits raid elt for 4.5million after a double setzer chain

add me if you need 1000atk olive

will kick randos off friend list if needed

Like this goon right here.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 01:24 on May 13, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Anybody want me to swap out Marie for my Olive?

She has double dragonkiller, one from Odin and one from materia.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
/\/\/\ I wouldn't mind, but I also have a Marie. My Orlandeu has the same Dragon Killer setup.

Okay, so Cecil or someone with else with Focus is required. Marie could do it, but she needs to use Love You All straight away.

Minfilia, Marie, or Cloud of Darkness for damage mitigation.

Dual Orlandeu (Orlandii?) doesn't seem to work as well as it does in the raid.

No breakers, Shadow Bahamas is immune.

How do you... not die and kill him? I'm sure an easy way will be figured out sooner or later.

Would not using a light-elemental weapon on both my and my friend's Orlandeu make the Divine Ruination enough to knock Shadow Bahamas out of his Megaflarelust?

DaMangoSentinel
Sep 10, 2010

Do I have to do it like this?
Took out Shadow Bahamas. Used the Glitch, team was Cecil, tuned mostly for HP but around 230ish SPR. Noctis, Dual Wielding Kiyomori and Enhancer, again, over 200 SPR, Y'Shtola, all she did was spam double Curaja, CoD, spent her time either Omni-Veiling or using the AoE Esuna, and a Friend Noctis.

The key to the glitch is to never break anything on Bahamas. Ever. If you do, he will Megaflare. Stay calm, keep defenses up with Focus and Omni-Veil, Sacred Guard when you can, and occasionally use Cover with Noctis to help with HP and MP, and spam Blindside. Took him out on my first try this way.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Will Dragon Killer from the raid gun stack with Dragon Killer from Odin?

pezzie
Apr 11, 2003

everytime someone says a seasonal anime is GOAT

Just watch the best anime ever
I just finished the Bahamut trial a second time. I didn't get the glitched run this time, he megaflared like normal, but it was still a pretty easy kill. Yshtola, with Sakura's defensive buffs, was able to eat the megaflare without guarding so she was able to heal through most of it just fine.

Managed to pick up esper kill and no green magic this round. I took Luneth as a 6th this time just for some extra help in getting limit crystals and esper orbs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Cartoon Man posted:

Anybody want me to swap out Marie for my Olive?

She has double dragonkiller, one from Odin and one from materia.

Gonna switch over, but if anybody needs her put back just let me know.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm glad I'm already 25% done a Crimson Blood and Equip H Armor (and +15% on Gungir) but still not one DracoSpike which I actually have and want :argh:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

Will Dragon Killer from the raid gun stack with Dragon Killer from Odin?

It should, yes.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So I've been having an issue for a couple days now. When I start the game on my phone, it starts loading. When it gets to 98%, it hits an endless loop of connection error screens that never stop. So I can't play the game on my phone. I'm able to get on it just fine on an emulator, so I don't know what is causing this.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
People on Reddit are talking about free TMs for banner characters for the event. Where are those in the event rewards, because I don't see it?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

arisu posted:

I just finished the Bahamut trial a second time. I didn't get the glitched run this time, he megaflared like normal, but it was still a pretty easy kill. Yshtola, with Sakura's defensive buffs, was able to eat the megaflare without guarding so she was able to heal through most of it just fine.

Ding ding ding. Sakura is loving awesome for this trial.

I have two hp 15% materials, a pile of Muscle belts/Domination Rings, and tons of various hp 10% materia. Put HPs in every loving slot that you can, and SPR in the others. You don't need TMR level survival items, but you do need to able to kit out a full team in some kind of survival gear.

Refia: DC, lots of HP. 5180hps, 329 spr
Yshtola: Dragon shield, Shard of Genius, lots of hps. 5300hps, 346spr
Cloud of Darkness: 6000hps, 217spr
Sakura: Gigantaxe, Tabby suit. 5100hps, 132spr

Fiss's Fryevia as my only damage source. She used Frost Flower Blitz every turn. Her death save makes her low maintenance beyond an occasional revive.

First turn has Sakura cast Defensive Barrier, everyone else defends. Second turn Refia full life revives Sakura, Omniveil from CoD, plus lots of healing. CoD can cast Comeback to clear poison, and feel free to refresh Defensive barrier a turn early from Sakura if she might die. But most of the turns were just casting 3-4 Curaja while FFBing with Fry.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

BDawg posted:

People on Reddit are talking about free TMs for banner characters for the event. Where are those in the event rewards, because I don't see it?

The raid gacha includes moogles for the 4 units on the banner.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Just noticed the Bahamut coin stacks cap at 9999 and not 99999, there goes my plans to stockpile for most/all of the event so I can avoid dealing with moogles for units I don't have until the end in case I pull one of the new units. :argh:

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

jetz0r posted:

The raid gacha includes moogles for the 4 units on the banner.

Ohhhh... didn't even notice there's a gacha for this!

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Just noticed the Bahamut coin stacks cap at 9999 and not 99999, there goes my plans to stockpile for most/all of the event so I can avoid dealing with moogles for units I don't have until the end in case I pull one of the new units. :argh:

They're on to us, no hiding 99999 in your items, either. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

Gonna switch over, but if anybody needs her put back just let me know.

I will once I'm ready to do the trial. Probably later next week.

• Locked thread