Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Astro Ambulance
Dec 25, 2008

i want soma to lose, and then mimisaka wins by being Better Soma. mimisaka is the main character now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Astro Ambulance posted:

i want soma to lose, and then mimisaka wins by being Better Soma. mimisaka is the main character now

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Up until now I thought Mimisaka was a light skinned black kid which I thought was cool because he was an interesting dude whose race was completely orthogonal to his character and story in the manga then I googled him up and in the anime he's just a slightly tanned dude and now I don't know what to think

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

is the 1st seat in the contest?

i want mimisaka to beat him just for the hilarity value

"anything you can do i can do better"

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

where the red fern gropes posted:

is the 1st seat in the contest?

i want mimisaka to beat him just for the hilarity value

"anything you can do i can do better"

The entire council is.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Top of my list for match concepts I hope they visit/revisit right now are desserts, healthy cooking and commercial matches like the egg dish challenge, the fried chicken company and Souma's battle with Kuga.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
In addition to a healthy/vegan challenge, I would like them to have an American challenge. Who can make the most unholy concoction of fats and sugars? Your deep fried doughnut bacon cheeseburger with a twinkie middle was definitely American, but his double fried butter glaze on his corn syrup infused rib eye was just tasted more free.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

TheKingofSprings posted:

Top of my list for match concepts I hope they visit/revisit right now are desserts, healthy cooking and commercial matches like the egg dish challenge, the fried chicken company and Souma's battle with Kuga.

Gyges posted:

In addition to a healthy/vegan challenge, I would like them to have an American challenge. Who can make the most unholy concoction of fats and sugars? Your deep fried doughnut bacon cheeseburger with a twinkie middle was definitely American, but his double fried butter glaze on his corn syrup infused rib eye was just tasted more free.

those seem like they would be (and have been) things done in more side arcs

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elfgames posted:

those seem like they would be (and have been) things done in more side arcs

Incidentally the side arcs have been the best part of this manga

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TheKingofSprings posted:

Incidentally the side arcs have been the best part of this manga
Hisako and Soma hanging out was top-o'-the-shelf :3:

Also, for the anime, whenever Koyasu was allowed to go hog-wild as Dojima was always super fun.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Wark Say posted:

Hisako and Soma hanging out was top-o'-the-shelf :3:

Also, for the anime, whenever Koyasu was allowed to go hog-wild as Dojima was always super fun.

uooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
I'm gonna laugh when they end this arc and Soma still isn't let into the Elite 10 despite having beaten 3 of them in direct foodcombat.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Angry Grimace posted:

I'm gonna laugh when they end this arc and Soma still isn't let into the Elite 10 despite having beaten 3 of them in direct foodcombat.

He'll be part of the E10, Erina's going to be at least a few seats above him and he's going to be pissed about it

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Angry Grimace posted:

Wait, hasn't he technically defeated all 5 of the lower places Elite 10? (With Erina being the only one who didn't admit defeat because his attitude annoyed her to no end)

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Wait, hasn't he technically defeated all 5 of the lower places Elite 10? (With Erina being the only one who didn't admit defeat because his attitude annoyed her to no end)

Souma hasn't come close to defeating Erina since the start. He's made Rindou foodgasm but that doesn't mean he's a better chef than she is.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Nope. He's beaten Eizan (though there might be an asterisk on it since he wasn't going at 100%) and Hayama. He's never actually beaten Kuuga or Isshiki

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Xelkelvos posted:

Nope. He's beaten Eizan (though there might be an asterisk on it since he wasn't going at 100%) and Hayama. He's never actually beaten Kuuga or Isshiki
Okay, so 3 out of 5. Still pretty ace. Also, Eizan becoming enraged at the mere mention of Souma's name hopefully makes Sugita bring his A-Game if/when the Anime (or OVA's? I dunno how the releases are going to be from here on out) gets to that point.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Xelkelvos posted:

He may have beaten Isshiki in one of Polar Star's more insane handicap matches of weird poo poo, but nobody would count that like beating Eizan and Hayama.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Nobody should count Hayama either. :colbert:

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i'm pretty sure soma's team are gonna be the new elite ten after this fight is over and i'm going to guess that the next arc will see souma having to learn more about the business end of running a restaurant

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Elfgames posted:

i'm pretty sure soma's team are gonna be the new elite ten after this fight is over and i'm going to guess that the next arc will see souma having to learn more about the business end of running a restaurant

I'm down for Stagiere 2: Culinary Boogaloo

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Looking forward to the class where they teach you how to handle the blow to your public image from the busboy getting caught dealing weed.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Souma will need to learn further mastery of customer service in high end restaurants, and go on a quest to find the most legendary server who vanished after leading dozens of restaurants from bust to boom, to bust.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
shokugeki no souma is far too grounded and realistic to imitate bambino

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
I can't wait for soma to cook PAIR

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

shokugeki no souma is far too grounded and realistic to imitate bambino
And then Aldini will accidentally get a raindrop in his eye walking back from the store one day and stumble into traffic and die.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

http://readms.net/r/shokugeki_no_souma/215/4266/1

Friends, we've hit the platonic ideal of SnS cheesecake

Centzon Totochtin
Jan 2, 2009
Do the Japanese know of the western concept of "thicc"

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

drat, I want some polenta now...

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Do the Japanese know of the western concept of "thicc"

Thicc is universal. :colbert:

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Death Bot posted:

I can't wait for soma to cook PAIR

Soma wouldn't even last 1 mm of 1 second in gourmet world.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
isshiki would do fine though, because there is always room for more naked dudes in the world of toriko.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Soma rejected for high five. No play for Mr. Grey.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
If Japan had any real honor then Erina would take a huge hit in the popularity polls. Leaving a teammate's High Five hanging is disgraceful.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Gyges posted:

If Japan had any real honor then Erina would take a huge hit in the popularity polls. Leaving a teammate's High Five hanging is disgraceful.

My guess is that tsundere behavior increases her vote share.

Perhaps the democrats would have won the election if Hillary had said "...i..i..idiots! It's not like I want your vote or anything!" *blush*

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

My guess is that tsundere behavior increases her vote share.

Perhaps the democrats would have won the election if Hillary had said "...i..i..idiots! It's not like I want your vote or anything!" *blush*

she did do that for poor whites. i think you are overestimating the appeal of tsunderes.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Dere :the thinking emoji:

Kuroyama
Sep 15, 2012
no fucking Anime in GiP

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

she did do that for poor whites. i think you are overestimating the appeal of tsunderes.

The poor whites took her words at face value.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Who is Trump in this analogy

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kuroyama posted:

The poor whites took her words at face value.

She tried to blush when the focus groups indicated she should, but she messed up and blinked her second eyelid instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
※ This is a cooking manga.