Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mad.radhu
Jan 8, 2006

Fun Shoe
I don't know how this guy didn't hear my footsteps http://plays.tv/video/5916606f36ee08f211/hey-wake-up-buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Is your FOV super high or something?

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

Condoleezza Nice! posted:

This entire game is about risk management and working around limitations and obstacles. Rifles firing from below your optic is one such limitation. Work around it.
Cool, games done guys, no more updates. Lag and crashes are just a limitation everyone has to deal with.

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

eSporks posted:

Cool, games done guys, no more updates. Lag and crashes are just a limitation everyone has to deal with.

that's not at all what he said but way to bust out the goon hyperbole :rolleye:

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

He might as well off. Brushing off a criticism as everyone has deal with it is weak.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Get good

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

maybe this isn't the game for you then

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

why is there another chubby-cheeked bucktooth baby in here? huh?? GET HIM OUT OF HERE

Condoleezza Nice!
Jan 4, 2010

Lite som Robin Hood
fast inte

eSporks posted:

:newlol:

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

eSporks posted:

He might as well off. Brushing off a criticism as everyone has deal with it is weak.

Id rather shoot a railing 1000 times than have to constantly deal with laser eyes bullshit like every other first person shooter.

dmnz
Feb 14, 2012

BNNRROWNWNWOWOWOWO
We had some buggy lols
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrxE1KaodjY

And a fistfight in the toilet
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmWFwO25NNM

dmnz fucked around with this message at 04:57 on May 13, 2017

f#a#
Sep 6, 2004

I can't promise it will live up to the hype, but I tried my best.

Meme Emulator posted:

Every time I down someone and have to reload before finishing them off I feel like its that scene in Schindlers List where the guard pulls out a bunch of jews, orders them to lay on the floor and shoots them all in the head, except he runs out of ammo before the last one and stands there reloading very slowly before killing him.

From a ways back, but that was The Pianist.

I know because my first real date was taking a girl who was really into Classical music to it.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

eSporks posted:

:goonsay:

Bobbin Threadbear
May 6, 2007

:goonsay:

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Studio posted:

Is there an indicator that you need to pump your shotgun? It's v. annoying having to fire again to trigger it, especially if you interrupt the pump with a reload.

No, apparently it's a bug that you can weapon switch after firing a single shot weapon. Same with bolt action sniper rifles, it's about 50/50 whether you'll fire a shot or rack it when you pull it back out and click.

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

The only thing white people deserve is a bullet to their empty skull
https://clips.twitch.tv/LaconicWealthyHamDuDudu

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

I mean holy poo poo grimmz is good

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Next vehicle suggestion: Amphicar.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

Yo if you are not running this game on an SSD then you fuckin oughta be. I moved it from my HDD tonight and it fixed 110% of the performance problems I'd been having.

Futuresight
Oct 11, 2012

IT'S ALL TURNED TO SHIT!

Great Beer posted:

Id rather shoot a railing 1000 times than have to constantly deal with laser eyes bullshit like every other first person shooter.

Why? What's wrong with laser eyes? How does constantly dealing with it pain you?

Spanish Matlock
Sep 6, 2004

If you want to play the I-didn't-know-this-was-a-hippo-bar game with me, that's fine.

Futuresight posted:

Why? What's wrong with laser eyes? How does constantly dealing with it pain you?

Presumably it means you'd have to be more on guard for technically impossible positioning, like dudes shooting you through spaces they can see through but couldn't logically shoot a bullet through?

I dunno I like the suggestion of gun resting, but that kind of "lock to cover" mechanic could be detrimental to the core gameplay.

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
At least the game has a little red inidcator as to where your barrel is pointing. Only 3rd person though.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Dang, guess that's a nevermind on this game. I'm running an i5 and as soon as I jump from the plane I fall to sub-1 FPS and my GPU usage shoots straight up to 100% even with the recommended graphics settings in the OP. Any hope for me or just drop a refund on it for if/when I decide to get a better processor?

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Futuresight posted:

Tryhard assholes able to snipe you in the toe and kill you dead was unfun is CS 1.4, and it's unfun today. Having a more level playing field can't hurt, and given the overall level of jank present in the game, I wouldn't want to be able to soot through the slat gaps fences either. At least until they introduce shooting through thin walls, then by all means, hose the fence with bullets, you don't need magical MLG aiming to kill someone then.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Dang, guess that's a nevermind on this game. I'm running an i5 and as soon as I jump from the plane I fall to sub-1 FPS and my GPU usage shoots straight up to 100% even with the recommended graphics settings in the OP. Any hope for me or just drop a refund on it for if/when I decide to get a better processor?

What i5 and what GPU?

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
Just had a match end at the mine with one other person left and cover all around. Ended up getting sniped from somewhere when I tried to drive my truck closer to the middle. Should have just hid behind it and waited.

Lowering my sensitivity really improved my game. I was doing poorly before that as I would always miss my shots. I can regularly get two or three kills now which makes the game way more fun!

Static!
Jul 17, 2007

Hold on, I'm watching this...

BobHoward posted:

I mean holy poo poo grimmz is good

looks like a lucky shot to me by gauging his reaction?

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.
Just got merced by two dudes colluding in solo :argh:

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Bardeh posted:

What i5 and what GPU?

i5-3350P CPU @ 3.10GHz
8.00 GB of system memory which is probably my actual issue
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

i think the 560 which is like 6 years old is your issue, pal. i can play it with 8gb of ram fine

you can find used 770s or 870s for like $50

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

i think the 560 which is like 6 years old is your issue, pal. i can play it with 8gb of ram fine

you can find used 770s or 870s for like $50

Makes sense I guess, my rig is four years old and hasn't been upgraded since. I originally made it on a pretty low budget but now that I have a human job I can just get a decent graphics card, what's a good pick up for the 150-200$ range?

hooligan
Jun 15, 2001

Arrogant Dutch Fuckwit.
They found my "hax" guys ....

https://clips.twitch.tv/BrainyScrumptiousEchidnaTooSpicy

Hamelekim
Feb 25, 2006

And another thing... if global warming is real. How come it's so damn cold?
Ramrod XTreme
I love the crate fight at the end of this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2Yc5WBBaZs&t=439s

I really want a replay of the map view with all the people where they dropped and where they all die. That would be really interesting.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Makes sense I guess, my rig is four years old and hasn't been upgraded since. I originally made it on a pretty low budget but now that I have a human job I can just get a decent graphics card, what's a good pick up for the 150-200$ range?

1050ti or 1060, radeon 460 or 470

or get someones used 980 for like $200

edit: make sure whatever you get has 4gb of vram

SSJ_naruto_2003 fucked around with this message at 09:39 on May 13, 2017

BobHoward
Feb 13, 2012

Static! posted:

looks like a lucky shot to me by gauging his reaction?

I guess, but still.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

1060 6gig is right around the $200/220 range and is basically a replacement for the 970 if I remember right. You can if you want cheap out and get the 3 gig for 165 but I don't recommend it.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
Yeah I can see 6 gig 1060's on Newegg for $220, that would probably be your best bet and would last you for a good long time to come. I have one and it's perfect for 1080p 60fps gaming. (although not in Battlegrounds because I still can't hit a consistent 60fps no matter what settings I use.)

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

gently caress yes. Finally. First one.

... And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go do some cocaine to bring my heart rate back down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

I think I've played 15 games now, my grand total of kills is 2.

I'm so poo poo at this, but can't stop playing. I get antsy when a car passes by slowly outside my house now, there's bad people in them that want to take my guns.

• Locked thread